Suspect - Daniel Heinrich

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If my research was correct, it seems that DJH's paternal grandmother died in July of 1989 just months before JEW was abducted. Was this traumatic for DJH? Were they close?
I'm not sure these records are accurate. First, the marriage and divorced dates don't add up. It looks like there were marriages before divorces. Also, there was a Thomas listed on Howard's death certificate. He was about 17 when JEW was abducted.( I would assume this is Tommy?)I had read on this site that there was a brother of POI that died as a toddler.
I did find it interesting that the brother Thomas owned a ready mix concrete company. Although, I don't think that matters because he was only 17 when JEW was abducted and didn't own it then. seems as though the brothers and family were very poor with limited means. They didn't even have a funeral for their dad.
I hope POI comes clean with his plea. It will be the only opportunity to save himself so to speak from the general population of prison. But most people that commit these crimes and the profile of JEWs abductor has very low
Self worth so he might not care about living or dying.

Spot on.

The dynamics of this crime suggest that murder was not the intent; that the intent was to satisfy what was by then a fairly well-defined urge, and that JEW flipped the script, either by resisting or I think, more likely attempting to flee.

Agreed , and there is the chance JW jumped out of the car while it was moving , I know I likely would at 11 years old without realizing how dangerous it would be even a slower speed. I hate to use the word accidental , maybe unintentional would be better.

Kind of a depressing read. Hopefully something breaks that will change this POI to a suspect.

http://m.startribune.com/criminal-charges-are-still-a-stretch-in-wetterling-case/342626332/

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

It appears they will now be seeking a "shirt" and shoes. I wager those items still exist. Odd. I'm thinking about human remains, a handgun and a bullet that can be tied to that gun; and of course this handgun can be traced to the POI for sure. I agree that a conviction might be in question, but I'm very optimistic that a full accounting can be given from someone who does have the means to validate the true narrative. That doesn't bring anyone back, but it is something. Just musing about any silver linings, but yes, depressing on many levels.

If my research was correct, it seems that DJH's paternal grandmother died in July of 1989 just months before JEW was abducted. Was this traumatic for DJH? Were they close?

That is correct. She died on July 22, 1989 in Paynesville. She was a 2nd cousin to my great-grandmother. Don't know if DJH was close to his grandparents or not, though, as I don't know the family.

Agreed , and there is the chance JW jumped out of the car while it was moving , I know I likely would at 11 years old without realizing how dangerous it would be even a slower speed. I hate to use the word accidental , maybe unintentional would be better.

Yes, I know what you mean. And yes, I'm thinking of a terrified 11 year old as well. When not physically able to overcome a threat the natural reaction is to run if you can.

Jared Nathaniel Scheierl has until May 25, 2016, to bring a civil suit against Daniel James Heinrich pursuant to the Minnesota "Child Victims Act."

A civil suit might offer Mr. Scheierl an opportunity to further publicly expose Daniel James Heinrich and Heinrich's activities in 1989 through the civil discovery process, while also holding Heinrich accountable for injuries (both mental and physical) sustained by Mr. Scheierl.

Furthermore, admissions or statements made by Heinrich in a civil proceeding could be used against Heinrich in a subsequent criminal case. This is true, for example, even if a private civil litigant is motivated by a desire to see to it that the civil defendant is ultimately indicted on criminal charges. The right against self-incrimination, of course, may be asserted even in a civil proceeding.

Although a civil suit cannot undo the harm a perpetrator has caused, the opportunity for vindication and possibly damage awards make these suits attractive to some survivors of sexual assault.

Some Pros of bringing a civil suit
• expose the wrongdoings of the perpetrator
• compensation for damages: money for medical or therapy bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, loss of consortium, loss of enjoyment of life
• emotional empowerment
• opportunity to tell your story
• vindication
• acknowledgement by the perpetrator
• acknowledgement by the community
• assist your recovery and healing
• punish the perpetrator
• publicly confront the perpetrator
• strip the perpetrator of power or secrecy
• support from family and friends
• put your community on notice about the perpetrator

Some Cons of bringing a civil suit
• cost of hiring an attorney and filing a lawsuit (unless attorney offers services pro bono)
• time for work on the case, meetings with your attorney, attending court, etc.
• length of proceedings (approximately 6 months to two years)
• trial would most likely be open to the public
• loss of confidentiality
• loss of privacy and potential media exposure
• perpetrator present at trial and deposition
• reliving your abuse and delaying your healing process
• the perpetrator may not have the money to pay damages, or it may be difficult to collect
• perpetrator may file a countersuit
• perpetrator may claim defamation (rare)
• perpetrator may have the right to have you evaluated by a psychologist or psychiatrist and may choose the evaluator

See, generally, “A Survivor’s Guide to Filing a Civil Law Suit” by the Washington State Coalition of Sexual Assault Programs.

Prov. 11:14

Hollinger is a made up name, correct? Is it common knowledge who he is?
Someone's been to the Stearns County Museum! :)

They have a file on Hollinger as well - check out the creepy picture and note the date of the article....

I wonder if the FBI has again paid DAH a visit within those secured walls? I hope so.
01fcd6ec678a36263503f8381449bcd7.jpg

Goodnight from Moose Lake-that's the prison on the opposite side of the lake...creepy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of a depressing read. Hopefully something breaks that will change this POI to a suspect.

http://m.startribune.com/criminal-charges-are-still-a-stretch-in-wetterling-case/342626332/

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

This part about Jared.."“People wanted me to be bitter about the statute of limitations [ending],” he said. “But I just don’t want to go there. I don’t want anger to determine my decisions.” I just respect Jared so much. After all he has been through, he is a definite survivor, and a very caring guy.

Maternal uncle passed in 2002 was a truck driver for Fingerhut for 30 years. Wonder if his son (POIs cousin) still in Paynesville could describe DJH to LE. POI's step father is also still alive, living in Grove City. Just looking for people who could speak about the POI's habits, and people he knew and spent time with back then. Looks like there is a maternal uncle still alive in Paynesville as well.

People seem reluctant to think Jacob's killer murdered him. I don't really get it. He was abducted by a stranger just like Samantha Runnion, Polly Klaas, Adam Walsh and many other children. Hasn't it been shown that children in those types of abductions are killed within 3 hours? I'm confused by this idea that this case is somehow different than all the other stereotypical stranger abductions. Maybe people want to think this case is different because it has been an unsolved mystery for so long or because Jacob was kidnapped in such an odd manner, that would happened afterwards has to be different than what thousands of other children have gone through.

Shawn Hornbeck, Amanda Berry, Gina De Jesus, and Michelle Knight were also abducted by a stranger and they were found alive.

I'm not on the 'jacobs could still be alive' wagon though.

Maternal uncle passed in 2002 was a truck driver for Fingerhut for 30 years. Wonder if his son (POIs cousin) still in Paynesville could describe DJH to LE. POI's step father is also still alive, living in Grove City. Just looking for people who could speak about the POI's habits, and people he knew and spent time with back then. Looks like there is a maternal uncle still alive in Paynesville as well.

If DJH's brother was being honest in his interview, then it sounds like DJH must have kept his crimes and habits to himself. Would still be interesting to hear from others who knew him to see what they think though.

Shawn Hornbeck, Amanda Berry, Gina De Jesus, and Michelle Knight were also abducted by a stranger and they were found alive.

I'm not on the 'jacobs could still be alive' wagon though.

People think a 37-year-old man abducted as a child is still alive? I guess he is now a part of some sex ring where no matter what age you are, there's a predator to abuse you?

Maybe Jacob got aggressive, and tried to grab the gun, it went off, and this guy panicked, and got rid of the body. I personally think hecwas on the prowl for another sexual encounter, not to kill anyone. If it was to kill, i think he would have never got his fill, and there would be more dead kids.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Yes - or possibly the nylon mask came off, or JEW was injured. While clearly without a conscience it doesn't appear DJH is (clinically speaking) a sadist.

Maybe I'm an idiot (possible) but I don't understand the consensus that DJH could not be charged. No body-crimes have been successfully prosecuted before, the combination of "consistent" forensics is far more damning then either of them alone (pretty sure any jury anywhere would find that convincing), he had motive, means, and no alibi - IF -AL identifies the voice would it instantly become a winnable case? I'm the most critical person I know, and I don't see any possible alternate explanation other than that DJH was at the scene that night, which he denies. Can somebody take pity on me and enlighten me?

Maybe I'm an idiot (possible) but I don't understand the consensus that DJH could not be charged. No body-crimes have been successfully prosecuted before, the combination of "consistent" forensics is far more damning then either of them alone (pretty sure any jury anywhere would find that convincing), he had motive, means, and no alibi - IF -AL identifies the voice would it instantly become a winnable case? I'm the most critical person I know, and I don't see any possible alternate explanation other than that DJH was at the scene that night, which he denies. Can somebody take pity on me and enlighten me?

Well, not taking pity but maybe I can offer some things you hadn't thought of. I think the key problem here (in terms of prosecution) is that whatever evidence they find, it has to be connected to a specific person; the defendant. Now, maybe you could show that articles of clothing are tied to the victim (surprises me you could do that after 26 years but maybe). But for conviction you must *also* show step by step provenance. I mean, you have to prove that the articles of clothing went from JEW to defendant and *then* elsewhere.

Same for the human remains. You have to show that the human remains are tied to the defendant somehow. But barring remains, yes, I'd think if you had something like clothing, or a bullet and gun tied both to JEW and the defendant, then you could get a conviction even without remains. So, I think it isn't impossible, it is just that a very specific chain of evidence has to exist.

The final point is one not often mentioned. There is the question of what is sought here. Do we seek an accounting for JEW, a conviction of the party responsible, neither or both? My concern is more with the first but most people probably focus only on the second. Which you seek kind of defines what you view as important in terms of evidence.

P.S. AL, nor any human being, can positively identify someone by voice.

This is my understanding (and I could be waaaaay off): the statute of limitations for kidnapping or sexual assault has expired for Jacob's case. IF DJH killed Jacob, there would still be a case against him and he could go to trial. But you get one chance with a trial. So, while it is evident to us that DJH was at least at the scene, LE needs more evidence or information from someone in order for DJH to be prosecuted.

Why, I wonder, are they not speaking to AL? Will he ever be given the chance to identify DJH's voice? I can't understand why it hasn't already happened.

Why DJH wasn't at the top of the list as POI all along, I'm not sure, and everyone seems to have their own idea... evidence wasn't looked at well, LE was incompetent, they were hoping to find Jacob alive... who knows. There are all kinds of theories in that regard. In my mind accomplices have not been ruled out, and maybe LE was hoping to catch everyone involved. There were so many sketchy figures around the area at the time.

P.S. AL, nor any human being, can positively identify someone by voice.

Even identifying by sight isn't always considered %100 accurate, is it? If I remember correctly, Jared identified 2 people in a (photo?) lineup as his possible abductor. He said one was a 7, on a scale of 1-10, and DJH was a 4. Am I right in thinking there have been times that identifying a voice has corroborated a visual id?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67