Suspect - Daniel Heinrich

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck with that. The tire and shoe print only being close is making it worse now for DR.

Look here at the tire and shoe prints and you will find a match

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/photo...ing-abduction-investigation-1989-file-photos/

Scroll ahead and they also show pictures of DH's dark blue cars and the tires on it

You will notice the car has mismatched tires on it , and one has the very straight edges like the ones in the dirt driveway

I am seeing tremendous comparisons to DH and none to DR

One thing I haven't seen yet - how/why did LE zero in on him in 1990? Had he previously been convicted of anything?
Right? And he just let them take his tires off and inspect his shoes and photograph his cars? They must've had a pretty strong lead? Wonder if they checked the cars for DNA then too?
His criminal history is from the 80's and nothing major except for the illegal radio...

from http://pa.courts.state.mn.us/default.aspx
dh2.jpg

Shoe print comparison (remember how we always begged for pics of the perps prints?!? They did exist!)

635817426234859698-shoeprint.jpg

From the criminal complaint, I pulled out a few interesting tidbits for anyone who doesn't have time (or the stomach) to read the whole doc.

http://www.startribune.com/criminal-complaint-against-danny-james-heinrich/338471312/

- Physical description in the late 1980's was 5'5" and 160lbs with brown hair and brown eyes
- A baseball cap was left behind by the perp after one Paynesville assault. DJH could not be excluded as one of the DNA profiles.
- Jared was shown 6 photos of different men. He chose 2 of the photos as possible matches, and one of them was DJH (and the other...possibly DAH?)
- DJH was a member of the Army National Guard at the time of Jared's assault. This could explain the military type clothing.
- DJH lived with his father at 16021 County Road 124 in Paynesville in January 1990. The document does not specifically say if he also lived there in October 1989.

The other may have been Hollinger also. Jared saw Hart in a line up and did not recognize him. (Link has been posted here before about the line-up, and I don't have it handy right now, but I'll find it.)

Can someone with a better memory summarize or list any reports of a blue car? (by DR or other neighbors in St Joe)??

wetterling-pics-6.jpg

There may be more out there, but the only one I can think of off hand is the little blue car that came up to DR's house and then turned back out at around the same time as the abduction. As far as I recall from Joy's blog, the only defining characteristic for that car offered by DR was that it was small.

Can anyone tell which part of the car the pic in the lower left corner is from? I can't seem to orientate myself on that pic...where in the car is that?!?

Also, I mentioned this in the other thread....but notice the transmission shifter is in the middle, and didn't Jared say that it was up on the steering wheel??? Weird

wetterling-pics-4.jpg

Can anyone tell which part of the car the pic in the lower left corner is from? I can't seem to orientate myself on that pic...where in the car is that?!?

Also, I mentioned this in the other thread....but notice the transmission shifter is in the middle, and didn't Jared say that it was up on the steering wheel??? Weird

wetterling-pics-4.jpg

Center console between front seats is my guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That 'Victim K' stuff in the criminal complaint is extremely disturbing. Why did he focus so much on him?

Someone asked earlier about his employment. According to this article he told investigators back in 1989 - 1990 that he was unemployed.

"• Heinrich was interviewed in 1989 after Jacob disappeared and again in 1990. At the time, he told investigators he was unemployed."

He has filed bankruptcy twice.

http://m.startribune.com/what-we-kn...ich/338508931/?nextid=338303151&section=local

more about employment:

"After state and federal agents descended on the house and took out boxes this summer, Heinrich gave a few neighbors his version of what had happened, they said.

“He just came right out and told us that things were going to get crazy,” neighbor Megan Champlin said. He told Champlin that authorities had found child *advertiser censored*, but that she didn’t have to worry because none of it involved her children, ages 5 and 1½.

He also said that authorities were trying to connect him to the Wetterling case, she said.

In the months that followed, Heinrich kept going to work at a factory every day, she said, and she had wondered what became of the raid. Thursday’s news, she said was “unsettling … This neighborhood is full of kids.”

"According to the search warrant, Heinrich worked at various times at Master Mark Plastics in Albany, Minn.; the Fingerhut Corp., and most recently at Buffalo Veneer and Plywood.

Heinrich served in the Willmar National Guard, court documents say, although the Minnesota National Guard said Thursday that it hasn’t been able to confirm that he was a member."

http://m.startribune.com/new-developments-to-be-announced-in-wetterling-case/338399961/

Wow I had no idea up until now this guy was positively linked to the Cold Springs abduction. It sickens me they cannot charge him due to a SOL. If they just now linked him they should be able to charge him.

I am confused though on the tire print and shoe print from Jacobs abduction. How have they linked this guy to them after all this time??

Is there a statute of limitations on kidnapping? He did kidnap Jared. Maybe they can charge him with kidnapping in Jared's case.

Agreed this is huge. I had no idea until today this pervert was conclusively linked to the Cold Springs case. I am sick there is a SOL i place.

BS. This is huge news. Everyone in Cold Spring and Paynesville has been praying for this for 26 years for Jared.

That's incorrect. I've been saying that for years.
I've seen that. My only point is that up to this point, no one has ever alleged that the little blue car DR allegedly saw and the blue car used in taking Jared were one and the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member