Suspect - Daniel Heinrich

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just dawned on me that I remember this case from some TV Crime show about it.
I remember now how the perp made his 2 friends leave. Ugggg.

One article talks how he was meticulous with his yard in the years that followed. Makes me think he buried the boy somewhere close to where he lived near his mom before he had moved in with the dad.

That's the trouble LE has when people bury someone is you cant just go digging up tons of places. It would be good to interview people that lived near the Moms place to see if they knew of any good yards or lots that would be a candidate place.

"a mostly quiet man who was meticulous with his yard"

http://www.startribune.com/new-developments-to-be-announced-in-wetterling-case/338399961/

A few thoughts:

The tubs of boys' clothes, are they "trophies" from assaults? How many boys were there?

What has the POI been up to since JW was taken? Perhaps it went wrong, and that was the last incident? Or have there been other victims since then?

Can anyone refresh our memory of things that happened the day JW was taken? I've seen snippets here about fishing or hockey...

I am feeling confident that they have the perp, finally. Too bad it took so long!

They went fishing at Big Fish Lake north of Cold Spring & Richmond

I think more evidence might be found on the north side of the intersection of Big Fish Lake Road and MN 50. I think we have enough disparate information to suggest this spot. But I think JS's information needs to be re-examined b/c I think we have new reason to believe this location and the two assaults are connected.

Caroline Lowe, former WCCO investigative report was on MPR this a.m. talking about the JW case. She will also be on 830 WCCO shortly at 1:35.

It seems as though he had stalked the boys before. I agree that he may well have originally seen them in the video store. It was perhaps a spot that the abductor liked to troll for possible victims. But he would had to have been familiar with the boys' route home, which would have made it possible for him to simply step out of that driveway like he did. Where was his vehicle parked,I wonder ? Did he possibly have help ?

It was about 75 yards from the roadway parked along the side of DR's driveway.

Yes, I'm back after a long break!

I have some questions/thoughts about all of this. In reading the criminal complaint, the same pattern of behavior emerges in all of the Paynesville incidents as well as in Jared and Jacob's kidnappings. In fact the similarities are shocking--kids walking or on bikes taken from public areas, perp is wearing a mask dressed in camo and boots, kids are all about the same age, perp grabs kids over their clothing (ugh), threatens kids with gun/death, etc. The circumstances of Jacob's kidnapping fit right into all of this. Except that Jacob disappears.

LE had access to DJH's car--we know this because there are photos plus the tire info. I wonder if they took any samples of fibers, cloth from the seats, or other evidence from the interior of the car at that time as well? If they felt suspicious enough to ask for his shoes and access to the vehicle, you'd hope that they took some samples from the interior, but who knows.

Talk about stating the obvious, but I'm stumped about what happened to Jacob. In the previous kidnappings, the kids are released. For some reason that doesn't happen with Jacob--we don't know what that reason is, but for the sake of discussion we could assume that DJH was also planning to release Jacob. He has no reason to kill him and it doesn't fit the previous pattern. If he shot him, there is/was a crime scene out there somewhere. I think shooting is unlikely, but that's just my opinion. There'd be blood and too much evidence--too hard to cover up for this long especially when LE did connect with DJH shortly after the kidnapping. Also, he still has the problem of disposing of the body. That car seems like a huge key to this whole thing. Seems like someone would have seen something if he buried the body. There are bodies of water all around that area--disposing a body there is possible, but eventually clothes or something would turn up. Also seems like quickly disposing of a body in a lake would not be a particularly easy thing to do--does he have a boat? I just don't see this as being likely. Maybe DJH keeps the clothes, but why hang on to evidence? Of course there might be sick reasons for keeping souvenirs, etc., but now we are talking about a lot of things happening in a very short period of time with no trail of evidence. What gets me about this is that everything had to happen so quickly, and if he wasn't planning to kill JW (if that's what ended up happening), he's thinking on the fly with all of it, perhaps having to hide a kid/body for who knows how long. Hard to believe he didn't make a mistake somewhere, or maybe he did and LE didn't catch it. Clearly he got away with a lot.

Can someone refresh my memory--did DR tell the cops that he saw a strange blue car that day? Did he specifically mention a blue car? And then someone phoned in a few days later saying they saw a boy in a red jacket urinating on the side of the road--was a blue car mentioned there as well?

It's just so odd that LE didn't nab this guy. I wonder if he has any connections to DR. I'm not fishing for connections, just wondering.

Do we know anything about DJH's father? Any photos of him?

If the car was blue and it was dark, I can see why the boys didn't see the car that night. He might have parked it up the driveway or even in the woods by DR's place
--how long did he wait before taking off? If Jacob put up a fight, why not just let him go, push him out of the car, or whatever?

IMO DJH looks like a great suspect. But there are so many perplexing questions.

I have some questions/thoughts about all of this. In reading the criminal complaint, the same pattern of behavior emerges in all of the Paynesville incidents as well as in Jared and Jacob's kidnappings. In fact the similarities are shocking--kids walking or on bikes taken from public areas, perp is wearing a mask dressed in camo and boots, kids are all about the same age, perp grabs kids over their clothing (ugh), threatens kids with gun/death, etc. The circumstances of Jacob's kidnapping fit right into all of this. Except that Jacob disappears.

LE had access to DJH's car--we know this because there are photos plus the tire info. I wonder if they took any samples of fibers, cloth from the seats, or other evidence from the interior of the car at that time as well? If they felt suspicious enough to ask for his shoes and access to the vehicle, you'd hope that they took some samples from the interior, but who knows.

Talk about stating the obvious, but I'm stumped about what happened to Jacob. In the previous kidnappings, the kids are released. For some reason that doesn't happen with Jacob--we don't know what that reason is, but for the sake of discussion we could assume that DJH was also planning to release Jacob. He has no reason to kill him and it doesn't fit the previous pattern. If he shot him, there is/was a crime scene out there somewhere. I think shooting is unlikely, but that's just my opinion. There'd be blood and too much evidence--too hard to cover up for this long especially when LE did connect with DJH shortly after the kidnapping. Also, he still has the problem of disposing of the body. That car seems like a huge key to this whole thing. Seems like someone would have seen something if he buried the body. There are bodies of water all around that area--disposing a body there is possible, but eventually clothes or something would turn up. Also seems like quickly disposing of a body in a lake would not be a particularly easy thing to do--does he have a boat? I just don't see this as being likely. Maybe DJH keeps the clothes, but why hang on to evidence? Of course there might be sick reasons for keeping souvenirs, etc., but now we are talking about a lot of things happening in a very short period of time with no trail of evidence. What gets me about this is that everything had to happen so quickly, and if he wasn't planning to kill JW (if that's what ended up happening), he's thinking on the fly with all of it, perhaps having to hide a kid/body for who knows how long. Hard to believe he didn't make a mistake somewhere, or maybe he did and LE didn't catch it. Clearly he got away with a lot.

Can someone refresh my memory--did DR tell the cops that he saw a strange blue car that day? Did he specifically mention a blue car? And then someone phoned in a few days later saying they saw a boy in a red jacket urinating on the side of the road--was a blue car mentioned there as well?

It's just so odd that LE didn't nab this guy. I wonder if he has any connections to DR. I'm not fishing for connections, just wondering.

If the car was blue and it was dark, I can see why the boys didn't see the car that night. He might have parked it up the driveway or even in the woods by DR's place
--how long did he wait before taking off? If Jacob put up a fight, why not just let him go, push him out of the car, or whatever?

It's going to be hard waiting for everything to unfold with this guy. On your fiber question from the vehicle I remember reading that they tested and thought a fiber was consistent with his vehicle for Jared way back in 89/90. It was in one of those long FBI indictment reports from last night I believe.

Exactly.
They got access to the JS car and yes, it had fibers consistent with JS's clothing.

Everything on the fly until he messes up out in the boonies. No gunshots, probably something else. Probably frustrated when JEW reacted similarly to JS but this time increased the violence instead of "giving up" as before.

The only report of a blue car I recall was by DR, yes. And I believe the "boy unrinating" was with a white car, but not sure.

They wouldn't have seen the car parked as it was too dark. As for seeing it before, they might have met the car coming up the road and just not registered it.

From research, that's all I can say.....Hart was trying to help the case, it turns out...

I have not read any further than this so sorry if this has been said. Have been traveling for several days with no net.

Isn't it beyond crazy that DAH provided the name?

Advances in technology!

Regarding the "why didn't LE pick up on this" trope. My take is to look at this from LE's point of view at that time. They had no solid connection between the POI and the assaults in Cold Spring. The POI was a goose chase like any other as far as they could see. And let's be honest, the composites are not dead-ringers. Often they are not. But they are, once again, "consistent". Same problem you had with a lot of contenders. But the one thing that was clear for years: whoever attacked JS most likely abducted JEW (especially now that we know that AL was assaulted just as the other boys were). Now, they get new technology that pins the DNA to a living POI. The rest falls out. It all makes me want to vomit for multiple reasons; the frustrating circumstances of tying the POI to JEW and the nightmare JEW endured. This guy may walk and finding out what happened will be hard because the stars lined up for the POI. No one's fault, just circumstance.

Electrolux is on the corner of 33rd Ave N & 8th St (Veterans Drive) in St. Cloud. Fingerhut has a couple locations further west of town. Not sure in 1989 however

Woot woot to Jbrown who found DAH in Paynesville and got the focus on Paynesville!!

Anyone doubt it? Check the dates on here!

Sas did you know as you kept alluding to it?

Can someone quickly summarize the DAH connection?

Regarding the "why didn't LE pick up on this" trope. My take is to look at this from LE's point of view at that time. They had no solid connection between the POI and the assaults in Cold Spring. The POI was a goose chase like any other as far as they could see. And let's be honest, the composites are not dead-ringers. Often they are not. But they are, once again, "consistent". Same problem you had with a lot of contenders. But the one thing that was clear for years: whoever attacked JS most likely abducted JEW (especially now that we know that AL was assaulted just as the other boys were). Now, they get new technology that pins the DNA to a living POI. The rest falls out. It all makes me want to vomit for multiple reasons; the frustrating circumstances of tying the POI to JEW and the nightmare JEW endured. This guy may walk and finding out what happened will be hard because the stars lined up for the POI. No one's fault, just circumstance.

See my reply on post 321

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members