Suspect - Daniel Heinrich

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps they think there was more than one person involved? Perhaps DH was visiting DR that evening? Or supposed to? Perhaps he was known to DR's family for some reason, and dropped in, or was thinking of dropping, but didn't (which perhaps DR might not know).... LE may know more than we think, and aren't ready to realize DR as a POI for some reason. I'd like to know what that reason is exactly. I'm sure hoping its coming out in the coming days.
Maybe LE hopes that with DH being named, DR will now feel more free to speak up if he has more to say?

Just my opinion but I've always felt this whole DR thing has just been one giant red herring. I don't believe he has anything whatsoever to do with it.

The last thing DR or anybody would do if looking to himself or be involved with someone else abducting a kid is do it on your own property all the while leaving two witnesses that live in your own neighborhood. I believe local LE was exasperated from lack of progress and decided to finally give him a serious look in 2010 and nothing came of it. Upon finding out about this many people assumed he just must have done something and married themselves to the idea that he is somehow involved.

Even after all the new developments several people seem to believe still that because of something LE did 5 years ago that absolutely nothing came of that he must still be somehow connected.

I also don't think that predators like DJH is alleged to be would pick up accomplices along the way that far into the progression of their crimes. I imagine in most cases of multiple offenders they were together because of a shared sick interest and built upon it from there. Again just all my personal opinions.

Oh wow. That makes a lot of sense. He was probably still living in Paynesville then, or nearby. Even if he was in Annandale, that's close too.

Ok please someone correct me if I am wrong. So far my understanding is they announced DH as a person of interest in JW after they confirmed DH'S DNA in another assault? I understand they they looked at him in 89 and 90 for JW and they are saying that none of the pics/videos have Jacob on them. Is this is accurate? It seems to me then they have to have some kind of other evidence about JW they are holding back. I just don't see them looking at him back then, not pursing it letting it go only to out him as a POI now because his DNA was linked to a case they "suspected" was connected to Jacob. Did I miss something?

Ok please someone correct me if I am wrong. So far my understanding is they announced DH as a person of interest in JW after they confirmed DH'S DNA in another assault? I understand they they looked at him in 89 and 90 for JW and they are saying that none of the pics/videos have Jacob on them. Is this is accurate? It seems to me then they have to have some kind of other evidence about JW they are holding back. I just don't see them looking at him back then, not pursing it letting it go only to out him as a POI now because his DNA was linked to a case they "suspected" was connected to Jacob. Did I miss something?

There were footprints and tire tracks consistent with those of DJH on the driveway where Jacob was taken.

I don't know why they are only now making this public, other than they are just now connecting the dots with Jared's case and the advances in technology.

Correct. My understanding is beyond the partial shoe/tire matches back then they never had enough to move any further against DJH on the JW case. By positively connecting him to Jared's abduction via DNA recently, an abduction that was extremely similar in circumstance to JW's they now had enough for the July search warrant of DJH's property.

They executed that search in July and didn't make an arrest until just now. That time has allowed them to follow his every movement since July as well as time to test things taken from his home for JW's DNA. My guess is something he did, somewhere he went or something they found on something taken from his home is what prompted them to finally make the arrest and have the states attorney, SC Sheriff and the Special Agents in charge of both the MN BCA and local FBI office publicly name him as a POI.

It should be very interesting if/when we find out exactly what prompted that and hopefully it will bring closure for many people, first and foremost the Wetterling family.

Correct. My understanding is beyond the partial shoe/tire matches back then they never had enough to move any further against DJH on the JW case. By positively connecting him to Jared's abduction via DNA recently, an abduction that was extremely similar in circumstance to JW's they now had enough for the July search warrant of DJH's property.

They executed that search in July and didn't make an arrest until just now. That time has allowed them to follow his every movement since July as well as time to test things taken from his home for JW's DNA. My guess is something he did, somewhere he went or something they found on something taken from his home is what prompted them to finally make the arrest and have the states attorney, SC Sheriff and the Special Agents in charge of both the MN BCA and local FBI office publicly name him as a POI.

It should be very interesting if/when we find out exactly what prompted that and hopefully it will bring closure for many people, first and foremost the Wetterling family.

I wish Court TV was still on and that they'd follow this case.....

regarding a couple of earlier remarks: I really hope that he is on the most absolutely highest, fool proof suicide watch ever.... hopefully, whoever is housing him realizes that they'd never live it down if he committed suicide.... the last 26 years has been bad enough for the general public, but must be absolutely unbelievable for those with an interest; to lose him, before any information is uncovered, would be borderline unbearable....

If he doesn't confess, which these guys usually don't, they might have just enough evidence to proceed with a murder charge, but I doubt he'd be convicted because so much would have to be excluded as prejudicial.

I wish Court TV was still on and that they'd follow this case.....

regarding a couple of earlier remarks: I really hope that he is on the most absolutely highest, fool proof suicide watch ever.... hopefully, whoever is housing him realizes that they'd never live it down if he committed suicide.... the last 26 years has been bad enough for the general public, but must be absolutely unbelievable for those with an interest; to lose him, before any information is uncovered, would be borderline unbearable....

I agree completely. Strap him to a gurney in his cell if need be. This case as much as any ever needs to be resolved. It forever changed how children grow up in suburban and rual America and the people close to JW absolutely deserve a definitive answer.

I don't know why they are only now making this public, other than they are just now connecting the dots with Jared's case and the advances in technology.
Here are a couple of reasons.

1. They have new information.

Jacob Wetterling's disappearance: A detailed history
St. Cloud Times
Posted: 10/30/2015 12:01:00 AM CDT | Updated: 64 min. ago

2014-2015: The Stearns County sheriff's office, the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and the FBI conducted a full, cold-case review of the Wetterling case. It resulted in the identification of leads and other avenues of investigation. Authorities say examination of DNA evidence connected Heinrich to the sexual assault case of the 12-year-old boy in Cold Spring, 10 months before Jacob disappeared. On the basis of that evidence, authorities obtained a search warrant. Authorities say evidence of child *advertiser censored* was discovered.

2. They need/want more new information. Releasing his name to the public is one way to obtain it.

Stearns County Sheriff’s Office Busy Taking Tips After News Conference
By Jim Maurice November 2, 2015 10:06 AM

[...]

The Sheriff’s phones lit up. Before a press release like that, part of the preparation is getting ready for what’s about to happen. When you ask for information there’s going to be some people who called before, but that nugget of information that could come that’s new, they are prepared and following up on all of those things right now.

Stearns County Attorney Janelle Kendall says they’re continuing to ask the public to call them with information about Jacob Wetterling’s abduction.

If you have information about the case, you can call the Stearns County Sheriff’s Office at 656-6625, or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST

According to U.S. Public Records Index, DJH was living in Waite Park with his father and brother in 1995. The 17-year old living with the father in 1989 was most likely the same brother as he would have been 17 at the time.

From the Waite Park address, it looks like it might be the same apartments that I lived in about 11 years ago. On a creepy side note, I just realized DJH is a 4th cousin once removed to me.

Here are a couple of reasons.

1. They have new information.

Jacob Wetterling's disappearance: A detailed history
St. Cloud Times
Posted: 10/30/2015 12:01:00 AM CDT | Updated: 64 min. ago

2014-2015: The Stearns County sheriff's office, the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and the FBI conducted a full, cold-case review of the Wetterling case. It resulted in the identification of leads and other avenues of investigation. Authorities say examination of DNA evidence connected Heinrich to the sexual assault case of the 12-year-old boy in Cold Spring, 10 months before Jacob disappeared. On the basis of that evidence, authorities obtained a search warrant. Authorities say evidence of child *advertiser censored* was discovered.

2. They need/want more new information. Releasing his name to the public is one way to obtain it.

Stearns County Sheriff’s Office Busy Taking Tips After News Conference
By Jim Maurice November 2, 2015 10:06 AM

[...]

The Sheriff’s phones lit up. Before a press release like that, part of the preparation is getting ready for what’s about to happen. When you ask for information there’s going to be some people who called before, but that nugget of information that could come that’s new, they are prepared and following up on all of those things right now.

Stearns County Attorney Janelle Kendall says they’re continuing to ask the public to call them with information about Jacob Wetterling’s abduction.

If you have information about the case, you can call the Stearns County Sheriff’s Office at 656-6625, or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST

Although it's true, that it's really hard to say from our vantage point, (at least mine, and many of us out of the area); what we have seen concerning the Stearns Co Sheriff's office; I really hope there's some state & federal oversight to this whole process from here on out; very much including the Tip Line; my personal feeling is that at this point Tips are extremely critical and that's where the good information is going to be coming from.....

Where was he prior to 1988? He would have been around 25 in '88, wondering where he lived from age 18 on?

Feb 1982-Nov 1991 -- Minnesota National Guard (Willmar), honorably discharged

1982 - Received his first DWI. He was 19 and working in Willmar at the Jennie-O Plant, but living in Paynesville.

1984 -- Arrested after he broke into two Paynesville businesses; needed cash to replace gambling losses.

1986 -- Second DWI, punched and kicked the arresting officer.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/10/29/a-look-at-danny-heinrichs-criminal-past/

The news said the Sherburne County Jail

Is where he's currently being held? Weird considering the crime occurred in Stearns County and he was living, working and arrested in Wright County.

DJH waived his right to a detention hearing (source: Paul Blume Fox 9 twitter feed). I searched Stearns Co. Jail inmate and couldn't pull DJH up - does anyone know where he is being held?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member