Sweden - Gay Marriage Now Legal In.....

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Too many fires to fight.....wow Vermont didn't surprise me but Iowa knocked me over! And over a veto; wow.

Okay so I know I just posted. But I just had to share one of my favorite parts of the article, at the end.

"It is justice, not a storm, that is gathering. Only those who have spread the poisons of bigotry and fear have any reason to be afraid."

:)

Oh yeah... Doesn't matter if it's legal to me, it has been here in Canada for years. I still have my own beliefs that I am entitled to, it's not prohibiting me from keeping them.

Okay so I know I just posted. But I just had to share one of my favorite parts of the article, at the end.

"It is justice, not a storm, that is gathering. Only those who have spread the poisons of bigotry and fear have any reason to be afraid."

:)

So, I'm sorry but correct me if I'm wrong, is this meant to imply that those who don't agree with you are poisonous bigots? Sounds pretty bigoted to me.

So, I'm sorry but correct me if I'm wrong, is this meant to imply that those who don't agree with you are poisonous bigots? Sounds pretty bigoted to me.

No, Idaho was talking about the people who made that heinous commercial and those who appreciate and support it. If you've seen it, it is in no way a reasoned or informed discussion on the issue; it does nothing BUT attempt to frighten and inflame bigots.

I've read a number of your posts in this and the "Miss USA" thread and, while you and I don't agree, I wouldn't for a moment associate you with the fear and bigotry of that hateful ad. I'm sure Idaho wouldn't either.

(ETA: forgive me, Idaho. I know I wasn't appointed to speak for you.)

No, Idaho was talking about the people who made that heinous commercial and those who appreciate and support it. If you've seen it, it is in no way a reasoned or informed discussion on the issue; it does nothing BUT attempt to frighten and inflame bigots.

I've read a number of your posts in this and the "Miss USA" thread and, while you and I don't agree, I wouldn't for a moment associate you with the fear and bigotry of that hateful ad. I'm sure Idaho wouldn't either.

(ETA: forgive me, Idaho. I know I wasn't appointed to speak for you.)

The best thing about that commercial is the rich parody material it provided!

The best thing about that commercial is the rich parody material it provided!

I could barely concentrate on Colbert's brilliant parody because I was so gobsmacked by the commercial itself. I am really naive sometimes.

But somebody made that ad and you know they market-tested it first and knew it would seem convincing to certain viewers.

This fact should be Exhibit 1 the next time some conservative claims gay people "don't need" protection from discrimination and violence.

I think a lot of people, just like some posters here, are seeing that regardless of their personal views, gay marriage really doesn't affect anyone except the parties involved and their loved ones.

I think a lot of people, just like some posters here, are seeing that regardless of their personal views, gay marriage really doesn't affect anyone except the parties involved and their loved ones.

I think so too, Nova.

I'd like to keep this thread going until I can post "Gay marriage legal in all 50 states".....that may take a while - we'll have to start a pool to see which Southern state is the last to come aboard.....

I guess instead of "red" and "blue" states, we'll now have pink and lilac.

Hahaha. I love it.

Nova said:

It is so heartening to see so many states (and DC) recently progressing toward equality! I agree with what you said completely, and I hope more people continue to realize this.

And Nova, thank you for speaking for me earlier. I was taking a break from posting for a while, so thank you for saying what needed to be said. You cleared up what I meant perfectly. :)

southcitymom said:
I'd like to keep this thread going until I can post "Gay marriage legal in all 50 states".....that may take a while - we'll have to start a pool to see which Southern state is the last to come aboard.....

I'm gonna throw some money on Idaho being one of the last states to legalize gay marriage. A few southern states too, but definately Idaho.

I don't know, Idaho. Utah may give Idaho a run for its money on this one!

When the dust finally settled in California, it was the elderly (not African-Americans) who voted to ban gay marriage so overwhelmingly. I figure it's only a matter of time, but I hate the idea that we're just waiting for people to die so we can have equal rights. I hope the CA supreme court settles the matter, or a strong "education" effort does.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back