T-Shirts-I survived....

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This idea makes me uncomfortable. The least of my reasons being that I don't think anyone should make money off of this tragedy. Yes, services can be donated, etc; but somewhere along the way SOMEBODY is going to make a buck.

I would also never wear a t-shirt that said I Survived something when other(s) did not. It just seems too prideful and lessens the loss of the folk(s) that didn't survive. For example, I survived a Hurricane that took two of my family member's. I am not proud that I survived. I am grateful, of course, but I am no better than the other folks that didn't make it through alive.

Caylee didn't make it through this alive. And, I can turn the TV off. Caylee couldn't turn off the horror of ICA.

Sorry to be such a negative nancy ( appologies to anyone named Nancy! ) :-)

Take care, Robin

ETA I must add this. I Survived Cancer tshirts are not included in my thoughts about "Survived" tshirt's.

If you really want to do something great as a tribute to all children that have lost their lives due to crime, join your closest chapter of TES (Texas Equusearch) and get yourself a TES shirt or make a donation to the organization to help re-coop the expenses in the searches for Caylee, when all the while her mother knew exactly where she was.

No offense intended BUT...

Many of us have literally been with this case since day 1, so we truly do feel like we "survived" it. Along with that, it brings with it some comic relief in a dire situation. Noone hear would ever forget Caylee. She is why we are here. So to "fuss" at us over a shirt you wouldn't wear? Well, as my nanny always said "if you can't say something nice..."

JMO

If you really want to do something great as a tribute to all children that have lost their lives due to crime, join your closest chapter of TES (Texas Equusearch) and get yourself a TES shirt or make a donation to the organization to help re-coop the expenses in the searches for Caylee, when all the while her mother knew exactly where she was.

Don't forget the NCMEC this was one of the first organizations to link up with Congress and make people aware that children were actually being taken and murdered, before that it was mostly waived off as, oh they must have run away. Just click on the link below and see some of the fantastic work these people do. From amber alerts to changing laws. I remember it was a tiny office in Hollywood, Fl. and now it's a national organization.

Found these compiled from here:
http://www.marashaughnessy.com/resources/blog/entryid/36/top-10-quotes-from-casey-anthonys-defense-attorney-baez.aspx

1.Baez to Witness:"So you found, products that could be found in meat, and products that could be found in marijuana? ....Couldn't someone have had the munchies?"
2.Baez to Dr. Vass (expert witness): Do you know if people use paper towels to clean up raw meat?
Dr. Vass: How can I possibly testify to that?
3.Baez: "...so the decomposition could be from, say, a half eaten hamburger left in the trunk?"
Dr. Vass: "A person would have to eat 10 pounds of hamburger, it would have to be raw, and they would have to have eaten it while wearing a bag over their head."
4.Jose Baez to expert witness: “Sir, you’re not a piece of duct tape are you? So you can’t say your brand is my brand can you, sir.”
5.Baez to Detective Yuri Melich: “Did you ask her [Casey Anthony] if she ever committed suicide?”
Melich: "No. If she had ever committed suicide, she wouldn’t be able to answer my questions."
6.Baez, during opening statement for defense: "I would like to question the dog, but I can't. A dog should not be testifying in a trial."
7.Baez to Dr. Vaas:"You also have attempted to put electronic leashes on flies, have you not sir?"
8.Baez: "if it pleases the court..."
Judge Perry: "It does NOT"
9.Baez to Vass: "do you know what divining rods are?"
Judge: "approach the bench!"
10.Judge Perry: I am not stopping. anymore. to. get. you. a. file.
11.Judge Perry, after being told by the defense to instruct the jury that they (the defense) were under no obligation to present a case:"I will take it that I cannot trust one thing that your side says anymore.
12.Baez to Haskell (expert witness):"How much have you been paid so far (referring to his expert witness fees)?
Haskell: "$22000 to $23000, though I still haven't been paid from the deposition by you..."
Baez: "no more questions".

I'll take number 4, or number 6 on my shirt :crazy:

My favorites are #3, #12 and #5...heck they're all classic

This is a little noir, but I'm thinking:

"Everyone Lies. Everyone Dies."

ICA may not have envisioned her "Bella Vita" ending on the note it may.

I would be afraid we'd have to pay HER royalties if we used that quote on the T-Shirt.

I'll only buy one of these shirts if the writing is on a picture of an oversized wrinkled notepad.

This is the one I want"

Jose Baez to expert witness: "Sir, you're not a piece of duct tape are you? So you can't say your brand is my brand can you, sir." :great:

How about

What other meaningless work do you do?

Tink

I'd get one with a picture of Steely Dan's Emu with the caption- "newest partner at the Baez law firm"!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I think T-shirts are a good idea. Not everyone on WS has the same opinion of KC as far as what we would like to see happen to her, BUT everyone here feels the same way about baby Caylee. Any money collected from these T-shirts could go to TES. I personally would prefer a tank top, but that's just me :-) I live in Arizona.

This is a little noir, but I'm thinking:

"Everyone Lies. Everyone Dies."ICA may not have envisioned her "Bella Vita" ending on the note it may.

When I read this I thought of the photo of KC where she looks like she had horns popping out of her forhead. When I first saw the faces of KC and Ted Bundy together I thought of it on a T-shirt. I can't remember who did that photo.

This is the one I want"

Jose Baez to expert witness: "Sir, you're not a piece of duct tape are you? So you can't say your brand is my brand can you, sir." :great:

This one for me too..Baez being ludicrous.

Found these compiled from here:
http://www.marashaughnessy.com/resources/blog/entryid/36/top-10-quotes-from-casey-anthonys-defense-attorney-baez.aspx

1.Baez to Witness:"So you found, products that could be found in meat, and products that could be found in marijuana? ....Couldn't someone have had the munchies?"
2.Baez to Dr. Vass (expert witness): Do you know if people use paper towels to clean up raw meat?
Dr. Vass: How can I possibly testify to that?
3.Baez: "...so the decomposition could be from, say, a half eaten hamburger left in the trunk?"
Dr. Vass: "A person would have to eat 10 pounds of hamburger, it would have to be raw, and they would have to have eaten it while wearing a bag over their head."
4.Jose Baez to expert witness: “Sir, you’re not a piece of duct tape are you? So you can’t say your brand is my brand can you, sir.”
5.Baez to Detective Yuri Melich: “Did you ask her [Casey Anthony] if she ever committed suicide?”
Melich: "No. If she had ever committed suicide, she wouldn’t be able to answer my questions."
6.Baez, during opening statement for defense: "I would like to question the dog, but I can't. A dog should not be testifying in a trial."
7.Baez to Dr. Vaas:"You also have attempted to put electronic leashes on flies, have you not sir?"
8.Baez: "if it pleases the court..."
Judge Perry: "It does NOT"
9.Baez to Vass: "do you know what divining rods are?"
Judge: "approach the bench!"
10.Judge Perry: I am not stopping. anymore. to. get. you. a. file.
11.Judge Perry, after being told by the defense to instruct the jury that they (the defense) were under no obligation to present a case:"I will take it that I cannot trust one thing that your side says anymore.
12.Baez to Haskell (expert witness):"How much have you been paid so far (referring to his expert witness fees)?
Haskell: "$22000 to $23000, though I still haven't been paid from the deposition by you..."
Baez: "no more questions".

I'll take number 4, or number 6 on my shirt :crazy:

----------------

I'm in for no. 3.....:floorlaugh:

Earn your Law Degree
Only $99 - Take Courses by Twitter
BAEZ EZ Law
Chemist Courses also available $79​

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online