Tape Discussion#2- Anthony's hired DC to find Caylee dead or alive *CLIP ADDED*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What will be interesting is the sound on this video! I could not hear anything are they keeping the audio under wraps for now?

Also if he is probbing the ground and digging with a small shovel I think there's a good possiblity she was burried in a very shallow grave and that the water unearthed her and the current moved her further away from the original burial spot. JMO!! SICK JUST SICK!!

A little snip of what was said:

http://www.wftv.com/news/18458394/detail.html

Dominic Casey was focused on a grouping of concrete stones at the scene. His colleague, private investigator Jim Hoover, did not allow Eyewitness News to record the sound, but reporter Kathi Belich listened to the entire tape and clearly heard Dominic Casey say at one point on the tape, "It would be right here."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDxDvZLTHbA

On the version aired on Geraldo I think you can see the following:

2:28 mark is a pink blanket

5:47 mark (when it zooms back) you can see the book, I think again

7:15-7:30 marks where you can see the pavers/blocks which are white and triangular shaped (half-buried) they are in the background while DC is poking into the background. They are behind the sticks and stuff and hard to see but when the video moves each second you get an idea of their shape, color, and size. I think it's the pavers/blocks.

This video shows a trove of potential evidence. I would love the folks who did the crime scene photo analysis to have a "go" at this video!

What difference does it make if the OCSO and the FBI now have the tape anyway? The way I see it...the A fam and JH are now just arguing over who is going to cash in on it.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Yep. They are arrogant and dumb enough to only see dollar signs and to think they will be able to lie their way out of it. And it seems like they've got a lawyer who thinks along the same lines as JB...that is, they think we all just came off the turnip truck yesterday and have very short memories and forget the teenage hangout rubbish they tried to sell us last week, and got caught lying about big time.

Say they did know where the body was....and the plan was the body to be found by a confession call from the kidnaper...only the THE killer would know the location of the body....But she was found TOO soon, before the setup was in place.

Didn't KC say" This cant be happening NOW!"

Wow....excellent theory and a real possibility.

OH MY GOD! At 3:54 in the GR version of the Hoover tape you can see the book! MY OPINION ONLY!

I thought last night, I got a glimpse of what I thought was her book.
Went back today and tried to do a screen shot of what I saw, not sure if it's her book after looking at it again....but it sure did look like it last night. It's at the bottom of the screen to the left of the N

Untitled.jpg

I never see him use or carry the trowel when he is in the woods. He only uses the trowel when he is up against the building. He may have had it with him when he was in the woods, but I never see it.

If I where the building owner I would file tresspassing and destruction property charges. He goes on this property sifts threw the dirt, and slashes open bags of trash. I would be so pi**ed to find out someone went onto my property without permission and did this. Who does he thinnk he is. The whole group (family, lawyers, kfn, pi's) think they are above the law!

Say they did know where the body was....and the plan was the body to be found by a confession call from the kidnaper...only the THE killer would know the location of the body....But she was found TOO soon, before the setup was in place.

Didn't KC say" This cant be happening NOW!"

Oh, my evil laugh bubbled up on this one. Thank you. :applause:

A little snip of what was said:

http://www.wftv.com/news/18458394/detail.html

Dominic Casey was focused on a grouping of concrete stones at the scene. His colleague, private investigator Jim Hoover, did not allow Eyewitness News to record the sound, but reporter Kathi Belich listened to the entire tape and clearly heard Dominic Casey say at one point on the tape, "It would be right here."

Thx SuziQ! I missed that part on the page. That quote is very interesting. It would be right here. In my book that means someone told him where to look. Wish LE come out and say who he was talking to on the phone!

I have read as much of this thread as I can...And here are my thoughts for what they are worth...

DC knew there were trash bags involved or he would not have been cutting trash bags open at the abandoned house..

DC knew there was some sort of evidence in the woods or he would not have been trameling throught them in his sunday best clothes.

DC thought there was evidence buried or he would not have been poking in the ground with a probe.

If DC found any evidence laying around the ground in the woods that would have tied back to the "A" house he would have removed it from the woods (JMO) and from the video he must not have found anything that day because he doesn't have anything in his hands when leaving the woods.....

All of the above is very good for the prosecution..Not that they needed any help but all of this sure doesn't hurt their case...

I see what appears to be a book also--You see the white thing in the lower right corner...well if you look underneath it there's the book

geraldo-1.jpg

The As don't need a written contract with Casey or Hoover to prove ownership of the tape. All they need is Hoover and/or Casey stating that they were/are working for the Anthonys. If either or both so stated at any time, then the work product belongs to the Caseys. Hoover isn't the "author" of an original piece of intellectual property, he is a camera operator producing work for the Anthonys.

Once again, this tape neither proves or disproves anything. It doesn't prove that the Anthonys requested that Casey or Hoover search any area. That is speculation, not proof. It shows a man identified as PI Casey opening garbage bags at one location and probing the ground with a stick in another location. The man is not seen bringing anything to the location, removing anything, finding anything, showing anything or in any way hiding or obscuring his actions or any kind of evidence particular to this case. There is nothing on the tape that indicates that the Anthonys were directing a search for a body. Nothing.

I have read as much of this thread as I can...And here are my thoughts for what they are worth...

DC knew there were trash bags involved or he would not have been cutting trash bags open at the abandoned house..

DC knew there was some sort of evidence in the woods or he would not have been trameling throught them in his sunday best clothes.

DC thought there was evidence buried or he would not have been poking in the ground with a probe.

If DC found any evidence laying around the ground in the woods that would have tied back to the "A" house he would have removed it from the woods (JMO) and from the video he must not have found anything that day because he doesn't have anything in his hands when leaving the woods.....

All of the above is very good for the prosecution..Not that they needed any help but all of this sure doesn't hurt their case...

I agree. Also, his first statement about talking with his ill daughter will not fly, not that it ever did. Unless he was looking for a CVS Pharmacy.

One thing I am curious about in the video where he has the stake and is poking away...it shows a white, thin, and rectangular object in his right hand with a long looped handle attached. What is that?! You can see it hanging from his hand then he turns...and you see the white object with it.

The poker rod has a (white?) handle and loop that goes around your wrist.

And the fact that BC was saying on GR last night that all the "A" want to do it is bury Caylee with dignity and respect made me want to shoot my TV...And then he states that Hoover is keeping them from doing that RIGHT......

And if all Hoover wants to do is make money from this case (unlike the grandparents who sold T-shirts and trinkets when they were playing the alive Caylee crap) all he would have to do is write a book which he probably will..And will they try and keep everyone that has been involved with this case from doing that to.....

Bury the poor child and let her Rest In Peace for Gods Sake......

The As don't need a written contract with Casey or Hoover to prove ownership of the tape. All they need is Hoover and/or Casey stating that they were/are working for the Anthonys. If either or both so stated at any time, then the work product belongs to the Caseys. Hoover isn't the "author" of an original piece of intellectual property, he is a camera operator producing work for the Anthonys.

Once again, this tape neither proves or disproves anything. It doesn't prove that the Anthonys requested that Casey or Hoover search any area. That is speculation, not proof. It shows a man identified as PI Casey opening garbage bags at one location and probing the ground with a stick in another location. The man is not seen bringing anything to the location, removing anything, finding anything, showing anything or in any way hiding or obscuring his actions or any kind of evidence particular to this case. There is nothing on the tape that indicates that the Anthonys were directing a search for a body. Nothing.
It may not be evidence of much, without sound and without context. But in context and with additional items such as the cell phone records of Mr. Casey and the interview of both PI's (Hoover and Casey)....it could be a very big find. So while you say the tape doesn't suggest the Anthonys "requested that Casey or Hoover search any area", let's see what the PI's had to say when talking to LE and what the cell phone records say. If the cell phone records show Casey was speaking with the Anthonys during the search, he or Hoover might have told LE in the interviews that one of the Anthonys did in fact direct him there. I hope Judge Strickland has finished his review of the interviews because when he does, the State will receive them and then we might be able to get a sense of what was said by the PI's during the interviews (if the State charges additional persons and what the charges are).

Hoover was not paid by the Anthonys he volunteered, So how can BC say the tape belongs to the Anthonys? Now if DC was doing the taping then I could see it being their tape, since he worked for the Anthonys.Does everything have to be so confusing? or it is just me.

DC also stated in a previous interview that he was working for free so how can the tape belong to the A's?

Bolded by me.
So then why is the Anthony's attorney on Geraldo accusing Hoover of hiding this tape and not turning it into LE like they don't even know it exists? Did DC not notice the guy following him around taping him?
By what you say, DC and JH both are working for the Anthony's. Of course DC is aware he was being videotaped. He either did or did not inform the Anthony's of this search and the tape of it. (He either was or was not speaking to one of the Anthony's while he was doing the search.) If he and/or the Anthony's decided they had no use for the tape, as he has stated in previous interviews, then it is up to JH's discretion whether to destroy the tape, erase the tape, or keep the tape, as he was in possession of it. That, IMO, would make it his tape.
Lanie

Am I understanding Brad C. to say (1) he has not seen the tape yet (2) they have disclosed to LE who DC was talking to on the phone (3) if the body was not found on the tape that means the body was NOT there on Nov. 15, 16?
This would explain my eye twitch...

Yeah they hired the PI's to look for a dead or alive Caylee. And that is why they tried to interrupt the search at the park, because they thought she could be dead. Actually, they could be telling the truth. While they were saying in public that Caylee was alive, the PI's could have been hired to find the dump site and make sure it was clean!

What the A's said in public certainly points to what they were doing, but what they said in public is not what charges will be filed on. What they said to LE and their actions is what will get charges filed on. And after the recent video, I am thinking the charges might be stronger than OJ. I am wondering if this is enough to get them charged with accessory after the fact.

If I am right then someone may get immunity. But it will probably be JH, and maybe DC. They were just hired hands. The people that gave them orders is who will get the charges.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isla_lei
Back