Tempo Restaurant: What Happened There?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So we will never know the truth on this one unless JM ever speaks and says he brought her in...I guess we don't need to put Tempo on trial, either. The most important is that JM and HG were seen after he left. Doesn't really matter if she was in there or not, does it? Not to her going missing...

I agree unless she was in there and they served her alcohol and she became incapacitated and that is what assisted JM in abducting her. Other than that I do agree that it probably won't change anything except maybe there won't be a next time or next girl that this will happen to. They didn't kidnap her but they could have aided in her abduction.

Interesting ... from the article:

The Virginia Department of Alcohol Beverage Control would not release any records relating to Tempo Restaurant's liquor license to ABC News, saying the information was unavailable at this time "in light of the investigation being conducted by the Charlottesville Police Department."

Maybe he bought this

http://www.richmond.com/food-drink/article_cd5749de-8bf7-11e2-bdae-001a4bcf6878.html

Does anyone know if Tempo's bar sells craft beer?

Not sure if Tempo sells craft beer, but it would fit in with its image of relying on local vendors for food supplies.

In terms of being insanely expensive, Tempo is an extremely upscale place-- not at all the kind of place one would think JM would easily fit in. I think it highly unlikely that Tempo has much of a college undergrad crowd-- or even wants one. That is not who they are marketing to.

Lastly, if the recent Coy Barefoot story is to be believed, JM must have spent quite a bit of money on that Friday evening. Seems kind of odd for someone with his kind of job.

So we will never know the truth on this one unless JM ever speaks and says he brought her in...I guess we don't need to put Tempo on trial, either. The most important is that JM and HG were seen after he left. Doesn't really matter if she was in there or not, does it? Not to her going missing...

I agree. Does it really help that much to know if she was inside Tempo or not? And they were a pretty noticeable pair....why wouldn't there be several patrons who noticed them inside and gone to LE about it? Perhaps there were, but so far I'm only reading where "one" witness saw them inside.

Friday.

DJ: Fridays At Tempo! The downtown malls biggest party at the end of your work week! Dj's, give-aways, contests, $25 Prosecco bottles, and much more! 10:30pm

f46ad9_98430b0e128c4132829183e77afb4a42.jpg_srz_416_532_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

http://www.epiccville.com/

I agree. Does it really help that much to know if she was inside Tempo or not? And they were a pretty noticeable pair....why wouldn't there be several patrons who noticed them inside and gone to LE about it? Perhaps there were, but so far I'm only reading where "one" witness saw them inside.

Its tough because at 1:30am on a Friday, most bar patrons are drunk and socializing with their group, not looking around like they might do at,say,9pm.

I recall reading that Coy Barefoots article was interviews with people who had already spoken with LE. The picture of JM painted in that article is a weirdo.

There appears to be no video of the two of them walking into OR walking out of Tempo together, but conflicting reports of her being inside Tempo...I thought Longo said they were both seen both leaving the Tempo outside area together, but she is just not seen getting into orange car. Did I get this right? Ok, so if JM states that he left Tempo without her, that does not mean that he did not watch her walk away, out of people view, and scoop her into car, or she got in for a ride. She could have somehow got into car, willingly or unwillingly on.her way home or on his way home.This way, he would be telling a sort of truth about not taking her in his car RIGHT after Tempo.

The more I read of the timeline, the clearer everything gets for me. Just because Hannah was with JM at the bar ( yes I fully believe that Hannah was inside the bar) doesn't mean that she "wanted to be with him". I can totally see him approaching her in the Mall in a confident over friendly manner "hey baby girl where you rushing off to?" "Are these guys bugging you here stick with me I'll take care of you". "How 'bout we get a drink" "let me buy you a drink baby girl" "lets go this way" "c'mon". He was not threatening to her at all at the time. The fact that they were inside Tempo from 1:10 am to 1:45 am when she was seen leaving in such a bad shape and being led away by JM absolutely confirms to me that he drugged her drink. Half an hour before she was clearly seen on video walking unassisted and 30 minutes and one drink later she can't stand up on her own or walk. No bloody way IMO. What a disgusting soulless predator.

I agree, that just because she was with him doesn't mean she wanted to be. I think that a good possibility of how things went down are that jm saw Hannah looking confused and lost. He approached her and she says she is looking for the party destination. He tells her he can show her where the location is. She then says "that would be great, I've been walking around forever and I'm exhausted", he says he has his car at tempo and can drive her instead of walking, since she's been walking for so long. I think that's how they wound up at tempo. He gets the two beers, slips something into one and they leave.

Unfortunatley, I have been slipped something in a drink one time. I can tell you that 10 minutes after the drink I could not walk, or talk,felt like I had vertigo. I was completely vulnerable and would not have been able to defend myself against anything. I completely lost all function. Thank god in that situation I was lucky enough to have my husband with me, who had to carry me out to the car where I passed out. So, easy for drinks to be drugged.

I haven't read over the previous posts, but it has been bothering me that the owner says Hannah never entered the bar. I disagree and am inclined to go with the witness(es) that place her inside. I honestly think that the owner is trying to protect himself here, if a minor had been let into his bar. JMHO

A 'lot' of negative history? I wouldn't call it that. Again, people here are taking what is said by one or two people as truth, and a lot of this information isn't even direct quotes. The articles have mistakes galour in them and posters here are mixing and matching information to suit them. Remember a few days ago, people here were ready to hang WG; had him as a pervert following her. Some still think that.

There is only one assault charge, and I don't feel there is sufficient details about that. I don't think of him as a teddy bear, but I continue to feel he is not a person that would deliberately hurt someone.

The college rape...she said it wasn't consentual, he said it was. You guys choose to believe her, and I choose to say I don't know because I don't have enough evidence. This girl accused him of the rape, and then backed down. Why? If it was because she didn't want anyone to know, then why report him in the first place.

As for the two women at the bar, I think only one of them gave a report of his behavior that night. Of course, you all believe every word she says, and I don't necessarily. Even if he did what she said, while it shows him as a jerk and womanizer, there is nothing there to indicate he wants to harm someone.

Lastly, as for him not talking to LE as you all think he should, he is likely taking his attorney's advice.

The report from that evening by Barefoot shows a man who has no sense of others personal space. He wrestled a man and injured him that night without prior consent. As another poster said, that in itself is an assault. So is throwing two women over your shoulder without prior consent.

I haven't read over the previous posts, but it has been bothering me that the owner says Hannah never entered the bar. I disagree and am inclined to go with the witness(es) that place her inside. I honestly think that the owner is trying to protect himself here, if a minor had been let into his bar. JMHO

I agree with this. Especially if evidence reveals that she was drugged in his bar. protecting himself and his business. Safer for him to say she was outside and he might have brought drinks out to her. setting it up as if none of this happened in his establishment. protecting himself legally, and protecting his businesses reputation.

BTW-I think Tempo probably issued a statement because the media were hounding them with questions. Their statement that she wasn't in the bar was to cover their but. They don't want to lose their license or be a contributing factor in any law suits that are brought after poor Hannah is found.

The report from that evening by Barefoot shows a man who has no sense of others personal space. He wrestled a man and injured him that night without prior consent. As another poster said, that in itself is an assault. So is throwing two women over your shoulder without prior consent.
I am going to play devil's advocate here. The story about what JM did on the evening of 9/13 is mostly sourced to Coy Barefoot. There are a lot of people who think he is not a reliable source.

One thing to keep in mind: some think there was a concerted effort to paint Morgan Harrington as drunk or high *advertiser censored* who wandered around Charlottesville for hours trying to hook up with people before she met her ultimate demise. I tend to doubt that was the case.

I am going to play devil's advocate here. The story about what JM did on the evening of 9/13 is mostly sourced to Coy Barefoot. There are a lot of people who think he is not a reliable source.
Really? On what basis?

He's an academic with a rather distinguished CV. Is their problem with his reporting of current events, rather than of history?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly
Back