Teresa N., Haleigh's paternal grandmother #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lt. Johnny Greenwood said, "There have been no significant developments to report."

When questioned about what residence said appeared to be law enforcement searching an area south of Palatka Friday morning, the sheriff's official called it was a routine training exercise.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/20987727/detail.html

PALATKA, Fla. -- A second night of police activity in Putnam County has more people speculating about a development in the search for 6-year-old Haleigh Cummings, but authorities have told Channel 4 there is nothing newsworthy going on.

~Snip~

Earlier Friday, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office issued a statement to dispel rumors circulating that they were searching for or had found Haleigh.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Possibly breaking news.......... not sure BBM

There are more, but these are two very clear examples.

The subject here was Teresa and her trust in LE. I was only voicing my opinion on why I feel she may not trust them especially knowing what we do now.

NObody has bashed LE in this forum. SS has as much right to her opinion on LEs actions as anyone and if she has links that they lied it is not bashing.

In re: Pond search lying............LE should have stuck to "we're not going to discuss an ongoing investigation" instead of battling the rumors generated elsewhere.

I agree...but unfortunately when the action at the pond was described as a training exercise and a drug investigation and then the real purpose of police presence is given how should we not feel misled with that information.

And look, LE owes me nothing and if they feel they need to put out fictitious statements in order to find Haleigh then by all means.....do whatever is necessary. But find her! JMO

It's an open investigation,LE all over the country tell the public what they want them to know.When they are getting no answers,they have to depend on any leads they can get to investigate.They're not obligated to tell the public anything they are searching.

Lt. Johnny Greenwood said, "There have been no significant developments to report."

When questioned about what residence said appeared to be law enforcement searching an area south of Palatka Friday morning, the sheriff's official called it was a routine training exercise.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/20987727/detail.html

PALATKA, Fla. -- A second night of police activity in Putnam County has more people speculating about a development in the search for 6-year-old Haleigh Cummings, but authorities have told Channel 4 there is nothing newsworthy going on.

~Snip~

Earlier Friday, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office issued a statement to dispel rumors circulating that they were searching for or had found Haleigh.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Possibly breaking news.......... not sure BBM

There are more, but these are two very clear examples.

The subject here was Teresa and her trust in LE. I was only voicing my opinion on why I feel she may not trust them especially knowing what we do now.

Perhaps LE knows who the perp(s) are, and don't want to tip them off? Wouldn't a lie or omission be okay in that case?

But they actually did lie in this case. I don't believe it was with the attempt to create a guilty party where none was. I believe it was in an attempt to get people outta their bidniz while they work. Just a bad call, it's over and done with, no harm, no foul.

My guess is that the strong objection to not getting told what was going on at the pond was more a need for control on some people's parts than a deliberate attempt to screw up the case by LE. I think they're doing the job they have before them, and it isn't a pretty one by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell LE the truth. That's what it appears they're waiting for, as well. TN, how about you?

Often times debs...it appears that those with concern about what LE may or may not find out...feel that they cannot trust LE. JMO

Perhaps LE knows who the perp(s) are, and don't want to tip them off? Wouldn't a lie or omission be okay in that case?

Ya reckon there's any chance in the world that LE suspects Teresa of lying or anything?

I would be happy if Law Enforcement would find anything...be it evidence to support Teresa Neves and Ronald Cummings story or be it evidence to support the theory that Teresa and Ronald have lied from the onset of this case. Anything that would lead to the truth about what happened at 202 Green lane on February 9th. It's been nearly 8 months and I would welcome any evidence of the truth.

NObody has bashed LE in this forum. SS has as much right to her opinion on LEs actions as anyone and if she has links that they lied it is not bashing.

Thank you, Animal.
[I never can decide which species of animal to imagine you are - grizzly bear, kitty-cat, orca, pelican, etc.] :)

Can we ask if what the basis is for Teresa's opinion of LE?

tia

I can support the statement with what they did concerning the search of the pond in this case. There is documented proof they openly lied and I can gladly pull every link to back this up. It is not bashing if it is a fact.

Did this bother Teresa? I would have thought she would be pleased and relieved.

Perhaps more accurately stated - IF I was Haleigh's grandmother, I think I would be pleased and relieved to know that law enforcement was doing their job, not just calling attention to themselves and possibly jeopardizing the case.

I don't see any love lost between LE and TN, but that is my opinion....but she did say she was getting nowhere with LE.

:floorlaugh: (bbm) Sorry :blushing: was just struck w the irony of this statement for some reason. W/e details about their investigation that LE has concealed is their right if that can in any way assist them, esp in the face of non-cooperation, hindering, or outright obstruction on the part of others. Were LE convinced everyone in RC's family was being straightforward w them they might choose to be more forthcoming w their progress but their obligation is not to keep them apprised. In any event, it is not what LE has withheld, or statements by LE, that have stymied this investigation lol. And I'm not a betting bird but if I was, my money would be on LE any day. Agree w LaLaw, it isn't LE and their actions which are at fault or deserve criticism here. JMO

:parrot:

:floorlaugh: (bbm) Sorry :blushing: was just struck w the irony of this statement for some reason. W/e details about their investigation that LE has concealed is their right if that can in any way assist them, esp in the face of non-cooperation, hindering, or outright obstruction on the part of others. Were LE convinced everyone in RC's family was being straightforward w them they might choose to be more forthcoming w their progress but their obligation is not to keep them apprised. In any event, it is not what LE has withheld, or statements by LE, that have stymied this investigation lol. And I'm not a betting bird but if I was, my money would be on LE any day. Agree w LaLaw, it isn't LE and their actions which are at fault or deserve criticism here. JMO

MY Bold...Once again the hindering, non cooperation and outright obstruction that you refer to is not in regards to the actions of Teresa Neves because she has in no way been accused of such by any member of Law Enforcement nor has she herself been labeled as the cause to as you describe it "Law Enforcement's stymied investigation".

My statement ended w broad and inclusive, "on the part of others," and which necessarily extends to anyone "in RC's family." Perhaps they share your full confidence in TN and have also expressed this to you but customarily LE doesn't feel a duty to inform those they believe may be withholding info from them or upon whom they're focusing nor any of their immediate families members of the key details, strategies and/or tactics they employ in their investigation. As well they shouldn't. Praying Haleigh can still be found, Junior kept safe and sound. :prayer: JMO

The lie is an LE tool. Courts have upheld the right of LE agencies to lie to suspects and "persons of interest" in the pursuit of an investigation. It is also not surprising when LE downplays actions they take (i.e., "it's a routine training exercise") when it's important to make sure information doesn't leak or if they are in some way wanting to keep suspects and others in the dark. And of course LE omits most of the information it has in order to not screw up the investigation. So it is wise to take what LE says about their own actions in the investigation as less than candid. As someone said on JVM last night (and I am paraphrasing here) "Who says the public has a right to every piece of information LE has?" The existence of the internet and 24-hour cable has led the general public to expect far more information that it can or should have in an ongoing investigation. JMO, but it is more important to find Haleigh and her abductor(s) than to satisfy the curiosity of the general public.

However, LE doesn't lie about things that can come back to bite them in the investigation or the criminal trial, once a suspect is arrested. Thus, when LE says Ronald Cummings (and the bio mother) are "cleared of suspicion," that is believable to me because if LE lied about that, the defense would ride that horse to an acquittal. (No one ever said Scott Peterson was "cleared of suspicion.")

As to Teresa Neves, why would she lie to LE? She wants to find her granddaughter. Her son was at work and has been cleared. We don't know what LE has asked her or what she has said in return. But if LE wants phone records, all they need is a subpoena to get them. No one has to "cooperate." And clearly, LE has phone records or we wouldn't be hearing about Ronald's phone calls. Why that information wasn't made public until now, we don't know. It's important to remember that Haleigh is MISSING. If she is still alive, LE will want to be able to rescue her (for want of a better phrase) without tipping off who is holding her; if she is not alive, things will move slowly because without a body it will be hard to prosecute anyone. (Cases in point: Laci Peterson and her son; Natalee Holloway; Caylee Anthony). While we all would like to see things move more quickly, my guess is that we are not nearly as impatient for Haleigh to be found as the biological parents, the grandparents and law enforcement are.

I dunno, why would CA tell "mistruths" to LE... she wants justice for Caylee right? We seem to be ignoring or overlooking even the possibility that MC, RC, or anyone in their collective families or circle may have any knowledge or info which LE does not; along w the fact that if Haleigh is not alive there remains in all likelihood one or more individuals for whom time rather is working decidedly, distinctly in their favor. :( JMO

Just curious what you think about this, Pitts. tia

Perhaps more accurately stated - IF I was Haleigh's grandmother, I think I would be pleased and relieved to know that law enforcement was doing their job, not just calling attention to themselves and possibly jeopardizing the case.

-snipped by me -
However, LE doesn't lie about things that can come back to bite them in the investigation or the criminal trial, once a suspect is arrested. Thus, when LE says Ronald Cummings (and the bio mother) are "cleared of suspicion," that is believable to me because if LE lied about that, the defense would ride that horse to an acquittal. (No one ever said Scott Peterson was "cleared of suspicion.")
If so, that might be why LE has not said those words. LE isn't responsible for other people's insisting on misrepresenting what they actually did say or intentionally putting words into their mouths. :rolleyes:

It's an open investigation,LE all over the country tell the public what they want them to know.When they are getting no answers,they have to depend on any leads they can get to investigate.They're not obligated to tell the public anything they are searching.

I think we all can agree that they are not obligated to tell the public anything
however….. instead of saying… “at this time we have no comment” they lied…
and that IMO is the problem!

Just curious what you think about this, Pitts. tia

Originally Posted by LFlorida

I am not sure what "this" is in LFlorda's post; from looking back, "this" seems to refer to LE downplaying their recent investigative activities. I have no idea whether those statements bother Teresa. My guess is she feels like the people I have known or read about who have had missing or murdered loved ones--angry and frustrated at not knowing what's going on in the investigation. But that's just a guess on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lotsofelbowd