Terri's Armchair Psych Profile

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of protection does one get with a lawyer and a retainer from death threats ? If someone were to go forward on their threat how can her lawyer protect her from that ? Surely he would not move into her home with bodyguards ?

Why does one have to do anything to be afraid ? Some people can be afraid their whole lives and not know what they are afraid of.

Well, seemingly one gets a Houze escourt to family court (even though he is a criminal defense lawyer) flanked by deputies with serious looks on their faces even though Terri didn't even have to show up for the hearing. That's pretty damn good security for someone who hasn't been charged with a crime but is getting ready to go through a divorce, IMO.

When I got a divorce, I had to pay for parking and walk myself through the security process. I'm not trying to be snarky at all, but who shows up for a court appointment when there is no need to do so?!? Especially if they are worried about death threats and safety. I'm not buying it AT ALL.

Well, I think it's also that the pics of her and Kyron haven't been published in the media and by people across the net because of the suspicion of her.

I was thinking along the same lines about the video they (whomever) chose to show Kyron--why was it at school? Why not a home video? These are rhetorical questions, BTW! ;)

Everyone has said they see pictures of a happy family, Christmas pictures, Halloween pictures, I agree there are plenty of those. What I was saying that I have not seen were pictures of just Kyron and Terri, like the ones with Kaine, Desiree and Tony. One on one pictures of Kyron with his Dad, Kyron with his Mom and Kyron with his step dad. There are plenty of pictures like what I describe, that came out in the first 3 weeks, before the family came apart. Where are the pictures of just Terri and Kyron. If she had pictures of her and babyK together, surly there should have been pictures of just her and Kyron.

I don't think they've been released. IMO, there must be plenty of pics of Terri and Kyron (and maybe her eldest?), as she was living with him for years before she and Kaine married...

Well, seemingly one gets a Houze escourt to family court (even though he is a criminal defense lawyer) flanked by deputies with serious looks on their faces even though Terri didn't even have to show up for the hearing. That's pretty damn good security for someone who hasn't been charged with a crime but is getting ready to go through a divorce, IMO.

When I got a divorce, I had to pay for parking and walk myself through the security process. I'm not trying to be snarky at all, but who shows up for a court appointment when there is no need to do so?!? Especially if they are worried about death threats and safety. I'm not buying it AT ALL.

Personally I think Houze has every right to have what ever kind of security he finds necessary, especially when his client is getting death threats.

Why show up to court ? Doing as your lawyer recommends may be a good enough reason to show up to court.

Luckily most of us never have to do things like go to court while the media and public are watching our every move.

I understand that is your opinion and your entitled to it.

Everyone has said they see pictures of a happy family, Christmas pictures, Halloween pictures, I agree there are plenty of those. What I was saying that I have not seen were pictures of just Kyron and Terri, like the ones with Kaine, Desiree and Tony. One on one pictures of Kyron with his Dad, Kyron with his Mom and Kyron with his step dad. There are plenty of pictures like what I describe, that came out in the first 3 weeks, before the family came apart. Where are the pictures of just Terri and Kyron. If she had pictures of her and babyK together, surly there should have been pictures of just her and Kyron.

I have seen them; I linked you to a page of nearly 400 pictures where, within that photo array, are some pictures. Are there a lot? Probably not. There are some, though. It would stand to reason that the pictures released to the public by Kyron's parents would tend to minimize Terri's presence, right? Or outnumber the pictures that were available from Terri's FB page, no? In any case, NOT seeing pictures of Terri and Kyron doesn't prove she killed him, either.

I have seen pictures of just Terri and Kyron. Others have posted that they have seen pictures as well.

We can not link them, because they are on Terri's private Facebook, and we are not permitted to link to private Facebooks.

You could try going back through the initial threads on Kyron, and looking through the posts for posts about pics of just Terri and Kyron, I suppose.

With the restriction about not linking to private Facebooks, and multiple people having posted they've seen pictures of Terri and Kyron, can you clarify what else it is you're looking for in way of answer, Jo?

I'm happy to help - I'm just not sure what else we can do but to say if we've seen the pictures. I understand not wanting to accept that without a link, but we can't link. So if you could clarify what you're looking for, I'm happy to help if I can.

BBM. Somebody whose attorney has recommended they do so? If my attorney told me I should show up, it would not take much of a reason for me to do so. Particularly if I were fortunate to have someone like Houze as an attorney, and unfortunate enough to be in the circumstances in which Terri finds herself.

I was thinking along the same lines about the video they (whomever) chose to show Kyron--why was it at school? Why not a home video? These are rhetorical questions, BTW! ;)

Maybe LE or the FBI gave them a recommendation on the best type of video to put in the media, and that one fit the bill.

Kaine and Desiree were keeping up daily contact with LE at that time. I remember Kaine saying each morning first thing they did was call LE. They likely were experiencing high anxiety. It makes sense to me that if someone prompted them to put a video out, that they would, in that daily phone call, say "Can you tell us if there's a particular type of video that would be more helpful/productive than others to put in the media?" And I'm sure LE/FBI would be more than happy to provide a recommendation like that.

The only things I remember reading about Terri being a friend of Desiree's came from Terri's mom and from her (former?) sister-in-law.

I don't find it objectionable that Terri might have told her parents an expurgated version about the beginnings of her relationship with Kaine. Nor that Kaine might have done the same thing with his side of the family.

I expect not many people who have had an extramarital affair, which was then followed up with a marriage and a child, tell everyone they know exactly what happened. I certainly didn't tell my parents every little adventure (none extramarital) I had as an adult.

Adults do a lot of things that don't need to be broadcast to the world at large, and to their children in particular.

In a "Dateline NBC" interview that aired Monday, Kaine Horman acknowledged he had an affair with Terri when Desiree was eight months pregnant with Kyron. He also told The Oregonian that Terri Horman made "completely false" statements to friends when their relationship began, saying he hired her to take care of Kyron.

http://www.nwcn.com/news/Terri-Horma...-99467399.html

In a "Dateline NBC" interview that aired Monday, Kaine Horman acknowledged he had an affair with Terri when Desiree was eight months pregnant with Kyron. He also told The Oregonian that Terri Horman made "completely false" statements to friends when their relationship began, saying he hired her to take care of Kyron.

http://www.nwcn.com/news/Terri-Horma...-99467399.html

And Kaine minimized his role in that affair. Desiree, when Kaine is not next to her, speaks about how he cheated on her. To hear Kaine tell it, he was just doing her a favor and not leaving her when she was 8 months pregnant.

We weren't there, and we don't know what Terri told friends. We have one friend stating Terri and Desiree were friends. We know Terri sent "verbose" and "chit chatty" emails every day, sometimes several a day, to Desiree, to keep her up to speed with Kyron's doings. Can Jamie Finster have assumed from knowing that part, that Terri was Desiree's friend? I don't know. But we just don't know what Terri told her friends. All we know is what Kaine wants us to BELIEVE she told her friends, to support his belief that she's a liar.

And Kaine minimized his role in that affair. Desiree, when Kaine is not next to her, speaks about how he cheated on her. To hear Kaine tell it, he was just doing her a favor and not leaving her when she was 8 months pregnant.

We weren't there, and we don't know what Terri told friends. We have one friend stating Terri and Desiree were friends. We know Terri sent "verbose" and "chit chatty" emails every day, sometimes several a day, to Desiree, to keep her up to speed with Kyron's doings. Can Jamie Finster have assumed from knowing that part, that Terri was Desiree's friend? I don't know. But we just don't know what Terri told her friends. All we know is what Kaine wants us to BELIEVE she told her friends, to support his belief that she's a liar.

Well, Terri lied about the state of their marriage to the press; there are persistent reports that she "lied" during the lie detector tests; lied about the "long ride";Desiree has also said she lies all the time.the word "lir" is often linked with Terri.

Not with Kaine.

For now, that works for me.

For 10K I'd expect a whole lot of protection. For a reported 350K and refinancing my parent's house, I'd at the very least expect to see my toddler. IF I was indeed INNOCENT.

If I had no money, Whatsoever, I'd file paperwork and stand before a judge and ask to see my baby. All on my own.

I can only judge this case on what I would do. TH's actions aren't appropriate as a 40 y/o woman, IMO. IF she was 20, I'd most definitely have a different opinion.

Sometimes at 40 you're smarter than you were at 20? Especially if you have a high profile lawyer who's instructing you?

Well, Terri lied about the state of their marriage to the press; there are persistent reports that she "lied" during the lie detector tests; lied about the "long ride";Desiree has also said she lies all the time.the word "lir" is often linked with Terri.

Not with Kaine.

Since when is anyone obligated to tell the media about their private lives? As best I recall, a reporter showed up @ the Horman home or called (I think showed up) and asked about the marriage. If I had a missing child, was under stress, and, as I suspect happened to TH really quickly, I was already taking heat from my "family" (meaning KH and extended =DY & TY) and some reporter queried me, danged if I'd say "well, we've been fighting now for several months and I'm afraid he's having an affair and well, we've talked before about a divorce and basically things are awful."

Nope, I wouldn't tell 'em a thing. She probably was flustered, caught off guard, and said the first thing that came to mind to protect not just her privacy, but her family's privacy.

Let's suppose KH got ambushed by a reporter who asked something like "Because your family is one that is a multi-generational family of male sex abusers do you think that Kyron was harmed by someone within your family?" I wonder what he would say. Because the allegation has been proven in court (KH's brother), and he says their grandfather was a molestor. I douibt KH would go into a long spiel for some media member.

We don't know that she "lied" during the LDT. We really don't know anything about that except what Kaine said TH said and what TH said LE said. I suspect there are some "inconclusive" readings (heck maybe only one, or maybe a few) but we don't know to what questions, and more details about the LDT. We've talked a great deal about the validity of LDTs and things that can affect them. The Green River serial killer passed; innocent people have failed. So I'm waiting to learn more, if we ever do, about what really went on with the LDT.

I don't know yet that she "lied" about the long ride. I know they've verified two stops on her route. The rest is still awaiting more information, IMHO.

So Desiree, the ex-wife who was pregnant when her husband cheated on her with TH, now the wife, says that TH "lies" all the time? Grain of salt here. And, speaking of lying, you don't have an affair while married without lying to your spouse, so that makes KH a liar, IMHO. Unless, of course, a couple has an "open" marriage or "swings", and we don't know that about the KH/DY marriage. Not a word of that has ever been spoken (that I know of); if it had, and had been discussed by usable resources,that would open up a whole other realm of discussion about Horman marriages. Me, I'm taking the simple route: affair/pregnant wife = husband (KH) lied.

I'm trying to disregard the personal allegations flying around and look at evidence about Kyron's disappearance. Of course, personality/family dynamics/school personnel & situation/potential non-family offenders all play into it.

But what information we choose to endorse as "reliable" and then how we interpret that in the context of other information is a personal choice. And as we've seen, we're all over the fence here.

Please note: I am not "supporting" TH. I am not avowing her innocence. I do not know yet if she is/is not guilty. I'm still waiting for more hard evidence/facts. The only things I'm supporting are "reasonable doubt", due process, and the Constitution in terms of TH's right to have a lawyer.

I'm saying it's enough for me. I believe she is guilty at this point.

She has "due process" "the Constitution" and she will have "reasonable doubt" if she is tried, I'm sure.

She has a great lawyer and, rest easy, I will not be on the jury.

I bet Terri has a stash of her own photos that she has taken of Kyron and with Kyron. We just haven't seen them yet in the media.

IMO

I bet Terri has a stash of her own photos that she has taken of Kyron and with Kyron. We just haven't seen them yet in the media.

IMO

If so, could they include photos from setting up the science fair exhibit? More of those? Or photos from the day of the science fair?

IMO
I could bet LE has a stash of photos concerning Teri that would make us sick...but we don't know, in either case,do we?

I could bet LE has a stash of photos concerning Teri that would make us sick...but we don't know, in either case,do we?

Maybe LE has a "stash" of photos other than TH that would make us all "sick", but who knows? I get the impression only certain things ever "leak" out. Oh, I'd bet there are a lot of things on film and tape, LOL, and it ain't even funny, it is "sick". Wonder why the MSM in Oregon isn't all over this?

My opinion only

Not with Kaine.

If by lied to the press, you mean her brief comment about everything's fine, when asked about the rumor that Kaine had left with her daughter, then sure, that's a lie. Because she didn't want people digging into her personal business.

By that same token, then, we should qualify Kaine's statement that excuses his affair with Terri as a lie, since Desiree states that their marriage was NOT over at the time the affair began.

If we are going to discuss seeing information on other sites, or pictures on other sites, we must provide the source. This is becoming a problem just saying we saw, or read. Let's get back to providing source information. Without a link we should not be discussing.

This post is not directed at any one poster I'm seeing it as a trend among many posters.

ETA this thread is going off topic. Armchair psych thread Terri Horman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member