Terri's Armchair Psych Profile

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is he answering/responding the these questions? To draw her out?

IMO, yes I believe he is trying to draw her out, and by talking about PPD and other mental illnesses he is attempting to lay the groundwork for her defense. It may or may not be true, but I think that he is trying to get her to fess up. I also fully believe that LE is directing all of this, and has been from the jump. I pray that it works....MOO.

I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make the previous post so long. Just got carried away.

Dear tiredblondy,

I don't think your previous post was too long or that you got carried away. I think every word of your post was brilliant and so very heartfelt. I'm going to read it again and again and I hope others who have not seen it will find it and read it. (Post #78)

You did a great job of describing what so many of us may "know" logically, and yet struggle with over and over again emotionally.

I believe your post adds significantly to the knowledge base on WS that can help others to understand this complex issue.

God bless you.:blowkiss:

Best thread I think I can find to ask about other's opinions on this. KH just spoke in a recent article about TH getting re-licensed to teach recently.

I checked this out at the State of Oregon's Teacher Standards and Practices Commission website. Her license is effective as of 2/23/10 and expires 3/14/13.

I searched with last name and birthdate to pull it up.

http://www.tspc.state.or.us/lookup_query.asp?op=9&id=0

I find it interesting that she just did this. I'm wondering how this fits into what others think of her state of mind / possible personality disorders.

It doesn't fit with PPD for me.

This would take some effort on TH's part. It could indicate to me she was thinking about supporting herself w/o Kaine in the future, or it could be as simple as she wanted to return to work.

Any thoughts?

Unbelievable. If my child was missing, biological or not, I could not funtion at all. Renewing license? That takes clarity of thought. No grief there.

She's angry, not sad. IMHO, she blames KH for everything she's done. It's all his fault, whatever she's done.

She's marching forward, trying to show the world that "I'm not guilty, therefore I will be strong, get a job, carry on, be normal."

The absence of grief gives me grief. There is no evidence of sadness, of loss. It takes a long time to operate normally again....and without even knowing what's happened to Kyron? Beyond the norm. Not knowing is a never ending stabbing pain for someone who cares. Not knowing leaves too much painful room for imagination of the worst kind. It becomes a nightmarish obsession one cannot escape.

IMHO, she's justified in her mind what she's done and therefore has no remorse. She can't even fake caring because there is no care. No guilt. No sense of responsibility for her actions. To TH, it's not her fault. It's someone else's fault for her actions.

How does a person get to a place where she wants her husband DEAD and takes action to effect it? A person who wants and plans a MFH would have no problem killing his child without regret, imho. "He made me do it because he's such a (fill in the blank). It's all his fault."

Grief is a very strange emotion -- there is no ''right'' way to express it. I was unable to search her license ((I am unclear on her b/date)). Being devil's advocate here, it was best use of her time?

At the time of a sudden loss in my loss I was able to function but was like a robot. Oh by the way, I wasn't guilty!!!

Didn't he say she WAS on medication?

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_hormans_father_recalls_w.html

...Terri Horman was put on medication for the depression, and her doctor told Kaine to keep an eye on her to make sure she was OK, he said. But she wasn't OK.

"She's had a lot of emotional outbursts," he said. "I think it's still with her. I don't know if it's postpartum or something else." ...

http://www.katu.com/news/98654424.html

...KATU: Was Terri bi-polar, either diagnosed or not? Was she on medication at any point for mental health issues?

Kaine: Not that I am aware of but that would be between Terri and her Doctor.

I think Kaine was answering the first part of the question. Was she bi-polar.

As far as we know, Terri raised her son successfully, despite the fact that he seems to have been in at least 4 (if you count whereever he is now) households. There is no indication that she ever lived apart from him, until recently, that I am aware of. I find it hard to believe that she has a sociopathic personality that only just is showing itself now. It is very rare, as far as I know, for such a late manisfestation. I have not heard anyone say she was unstable prior to Kaine coming forth about the months after the baby was born. Desiree claims that Terri is a liar, but that is a common claim between ex-wives.

I'm still thinking that if whatever happened on June 4th involved Terri and the harming of Kyron, it was the result of either a mental meltdown of some sort or an accident.

Is a sociopath unstable?

I don't know if that is a true statement.

Unbelievable. If my child was missing, biological or not, I could not funtion at all. Renewing license? That takes clarity of thought. No grief there.

I think I may have missed something. When I did the search, it said that her license was renewed as of 23 Feb 2010. That was more than three months before Kyron went missing.

If I am correct, though, it makes me wonder if her older son moving out was the impetus behind her renewing her license.

I think I may have missed something. When I did the search, it said that her license was renewed as of 23 Feb 2010. That was more than three months before Kyron went missing.

If I am correct, though, it makes me wonder if her older son moving out was the impetus behind her renewing her license.

If it's like my state, it takes months for the paperwork to be completed to renew the license.

What I mean is that one submits documentation and the money, and then it takes months for the state to finalize the paperwork.

It takes an evil person to commit an evil act upon a child. Doctors may try to give all kinds of excuses of mental disorders, but the cold hard fact remains that a cold-hearted person can kill a child for a multitude of "personal" reasons. Supplying Terri with a named recognized disorder is not going to provide her with an excuse. Killing is killing, and evil can exist in the heart of the "nicest person".

I would never try to psychoanalyze a woman I have never even heard speak.

IMO

tired blondy-I can relate somewhat to your story as my sister adopted 2 children, but I don't believe they have RAD. One has FAE and the other diagnosed with borderline.

They are adults now. I took the younger FAE child at one point to give my sister a break.

They are wonderful in their own way. But the toll that it takes on a human being is not one that I could do as you have done.

There are things that happened to my nieces before they were adopted.

I always think how unfair as they never asked for those things to happen. I hope your children do get it one day. It sounds like they have an excellent foundation.

Truly, my love goes out to you for doing something that is just about impossible, I feel.

Terri Horman reveals herself in profile surveys
KGW Updated yesterday at 3:00 PM

The results of two online surveys posted on Terri Horman's Facebook page provide a unique chance to see how Kyron Horman's stepmom perceives herself.

While police have not named Terri as a suspect, court filings by Kaine Horman say police gave him "probably cause" to believe she was involved in the missing boy's disappearance.

The survey results were posted June 19, 2009, after Terri's daughter was born but nearly a year before her stepson Kyron disappeared.

Psychologists KGW spoke to call the surveys "projective" because those who fill them out project their psychological feelings onto the questions posed.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Insights-to-Terri-Horman-98377499.html

Terri Horman reveals herself in profile surveys
KGW Updated yesterday at 3:00 PM

The results of two online surveys posted on Terri Horman's Facebook page provide a unique chance to see how Kyron Horman's stepmom perceives herself.

While police have not named Terri as a suspect, court filings by Kaine Horman say police gave him "probably cause" to believe she was involved in the missing boy's disappearance.

The survey results were posted June 19, 2009, after Terri's daughter was born but nearly a year before her stepson Kyron disappeared.

Psychologists KGW spoke to call the surveys "projective" because those who fill them out project their psychological feelings onto the questions posed.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Insights-to-Terri-Horman-98377499.html

Oh for the love of ...

Facebook surveys have to be looked at in context, especially with someone like TH. She seems concerned with how people perceive her. So in addition to the questions and answers, it would help to see who she shared those answers with, or who she didn't. I have been known to post things on FB and deliberately NOT share them with three of my FB friends who are coworkers, just because I feel like sometimes oversharing with coworkers opens a can of worms. There are also things that I only share with family, and there are things which I deliberately shield the kids.

In other words, the q&a probably mean very little, and are only part of the equation.

These answers were so much easier to find than those tea leaves they would have preferred. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste