Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #10 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its probably those students at UMass Dartmouth. I think the police found the laptop in the landfill.

The roomates at Dartmouth perhaps?

I believe it is possible to determine if the fingerprint was pre or post explosion based upon residue and distortion. So if they are actively looking into it, that tells me they have determined the fingerprint or DNA was on the cooker prior to the explosion.

One thought I had in reference to the DNA on a presser cooker bomb is that there was a bomb at the site of the shoot out as well. I wondered if the DNA was on that one. jmo

Its probably those students at UMass Dartmouth. I think the police found the laptop in the landfill.

That was my first thought, too (about the students). But what I mean is, the laptops of 3 more students, now.

One thought I had in reference to the DNA on a presser cooker bomb is that there was a bomb at the site of the shoot out as well. I wondered if the DNA was on that one. jmo

The Wall St. Journal article seemed to indicate the DNA was on one of the 2 pressure cookers from the marathon bombings.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9331494&postcount=5"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #10 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody[/ame]

Also, the fingerprint and DNA have both been said to "not necessarily implicate someone" in the bombing--that they can't rule out that it might have come from a salesperson, etc. (But it gave them a reason to collect DNA from KRT.)

Russian agents placed the older suspect under surveillance during a six-month visit to southern Russia last year, then scrambled to find him when he suddenly disappeared after police killed a Canadian jihadist, a security official told the AP.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...on_police_3_more_suspects_in_custody_bombings

The security official with the Anti-Extremism Center, a federal agency under Russia's Interior Ministry, confirmed the Russians shared their concerns. He said that Russian agents were watching Tsarnaev, and that they searched for him when he disappeared two days after the July 2012 death of the Canadian man, who had joined the Islamic insurgency in the region. The official spoke only on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the news media.

Boston bombing probe nets arrests of more suspects in connection with attack

Three additional suspects have been taken into custody in connection with last month's deadly Boston Marathon attack, the Boston Police Department announced Wednesday via Twitter.

CBS News senior correspondent John Miller reports the suspects were arrested on charges of harboring or aiding the two brothers, Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev, after they allegedly carried out the attack.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...s-of-more-suspects-in-connection-with-attack/

(ETA - oops - seeing now that you guys are already discussing this)

"... according to NBC News' Pete Williams.

Williams reported on Wednesday that the suspects were roomates of Tsarnaev. Two of the roommates were already in custody related to immigration violations and the third was arrested Wednesday morning, according to Williams.

"The question is whether they helped to take things out of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's dorm room after the bombing," Williams said on-air, according to a rush transcript. "Now, no one is saying at this point that they have knowledge of the bombing in advance. That's been the big question. We'll probably learn more about the answer to that question later today when these charges are made public.""

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.c...dy-allegedly-helped-dzhokhar-tsarnaev?ref=fpa

"... according to NBC News' Pete Williams.

Williams reported on Wednesday that the suspects were roomates of Tsarnaev. Two of the roommates were already in custody related to immigration violations and the third was arrested Wednesday morning, according to Williams.

"The question is whether they helped to take things out of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's dorm room after the bombing," Williams said on-air, according to a rush transcript. "Now, no one is saying at this point that they have knowledge of the bombing in advance. That's been the big question. We'll probably learn more about the answer to that question later today when these charges are made public.""

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.c...dy-allegedly-helped-dzhokhar-tsarnaev?ref=fpa

Okay, so these are the same three who've been taken in before. Or, at least two of them are (the guys...not sure if the girl was ever called a 'roommate.')

The students are originally from Kazakhstan and were already in custody on immigration charges, according to another source with knowledge of the immigration case. The third is a U.S. citizen, the federal law enforcement source said.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/01/us/boston-attack/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

The students who now face charges went to college with Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the source familiar with the immigration case said.

Earlier today, two men that previously been connected to Tsarnaev appeared in court on a visa violation hearing. The men, Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev, both originally from Kazakhstan, were arrested more than a week ago on the visa charge and appeared at the hearing via video conference. It's been reported, but not confirmed, that those two men might have been among today's arrests. The third roommate was arrested this morning, per Pete Williams.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/05/more-boston-marathon-bombing-suspects/64770/

So many new details coming out from different agencies, it appears we are back to being lackadaisical in following up on details. Too many agencies to share info with would be the first problem and the next problem would be "passing the buck".

It is looking more like TT was out in broad daylight yet slipped thru the US system! Come on government, get it together and protect our country! Enough people have been hurt!!

The students are originally from Kazakhstan and were already in custody on immigration charges, according to another source with knowledge of the immigration case. The third is a U.S. citizen, the federal law enforcement source said.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/01/us/boston-attack/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

The students who now face charges went to college with Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the source familiar with the immigration case said.

So what happens to these syudents will they be sent back to their country or deported, stand trial then deported?

So what happens to these syudents will they be sent back to their country or deported, stand trial then deported?

Aiding and abetting Domestic Terrorist, I would think life in prison would be good.

"Students" on a student visa who are not students. Not attending any classes. Wonder what they do all day to pass the time?

According to CNN, arrested for lying to investigators and obstruction of justice. Lied about seeing the bombers after the bombing took place. Obstruction of justice for getting rid of items that belonged to Younger Bomber by throwing them into a dumpster.

So they were doing what they could to assist Younger Bomber, knowing that he had blown up all those people. Nice guys!

I hope we don't have to go through the "they're just kids" discussion with these three.

With the new information on the arrests this morning, was this one of the girls in the apt. that was originally taken in for questioning?

What happened to the other girl? It was reported here on WS that a consulate van was seen picking one girl up, however, this info was never reported on the media. I have always been curious about this. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot