Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #11 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say there is no way to prove it... right now they are checking to see if there is any DNA for IT and TT from the Waltham crime. Plus, I'm sure they have more info now on that crime than they had two years ago.

Right. This article says they are awaiting DNA test results...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/22/justice/florida-fbi-shooting-boston/index.html

Investigators are awaiting test results to determine whether Todashev's DNA was found at the Massachusetts triple murder scene and whether DNA of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev -- an acquaintance of Todashev -- also was found there.

"He had been interviewed along with a number of other people in the apartment complex, but the interest in him was higher because of a couple of factors: He was in contact with Tamerlan Tsarnaev, he had been to Boston to visit him, and he was planning a trip to Chechnya," Miller said.

The FBI went to question Todashev overnight after there were indications that he canceled that trip, Miller said. Todashev had been to Chechnya before.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_...iend-ibrahim-todashev-killed-in-fbi-shootout/

bbm, I posted this earlier, but I found this odd.

I don't even understand how he could have this trip. Didn't they take his passport when he was out on bond?

Another example of this man's lack of self control...

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-76016841/

While living in Boston, Todashev trained frequently, and had a reputation as a "hot head," one of his former training partners told the Sentinel. Todashev was kicked out of several gyms in Boston for getting into altercations with people on the street.

People are asking why the FBI didn't taze him instead of shoot him, when he lunged at the officer. It is not standard protocol to taze someone when they are actively attacking an officer with a possibly deadly weapon because tazing does not always stop a suspect.

What if the suspect did have a knife and lunged for the agent's throat or neck? A tazer might not protect him, but a bullet would.

I know we have to wait for the facts to come out but what I don't understand is why they had to shoot him dead. I understand he attacked an agent with a knife but if there were FBI, Mass State Police and local LE present as reported why couldn't they subdue him? Also, why was he signing a confession at his residence and not at the police station?
Ugh,sorry just so frustrated! It almost brings me back to the boat and the LE shooting it up like crazy!

So he was allegedly using deadly force (knife). Are you saying FBI couldn't use deadly force in response? They are allowed to use deadly force if a suspect is using deadly force-I am pretty sure of it.

People are asking why the FBI didn't taze him instead of shoot him, when he lunged at the officer. It is not standard protocol to taze someone when they are actively attacking an officer with a possibly deadly weapon because tazing does not always stop a suspect.

What if the suspect did have a knife and lunged for the agent's throat or neck? A tazer might not protect him, but a bullet would.

I agree. I don't think the protocol would call for a tazer in case where suspect is using deadly force. And in this guy's case, I am pretty sure his hands would qualify as deadly force (even if he didn't have a knife) since he is a fighter. I bet he could kill someone with bare hands.

And I think, if you believe ABC was updated by LE, the agent was stabbed several times.

So IMO shooting him was absolutely justified. No question.

I think it was a him-or-me situation. And I'm glad it's the criminal in the morgue and not the agent.

"Dead Boston bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev and another man — who was killed by the FBI on Wednesday — murdered three people in Massachusetts after a drug deal went wrong in 2011, law enforcement sources tell NBC News.

Sources say that what began as a drug ripoff ended in a triple homicide when Tsarnaev and friend Ibragim Todashev realized their victims would later be able to identify them."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...e-in-2011-murders-shot-during-fbi-questioning

This story about the murder doesn't make any sense to me. They left the money and the drugs scattered all over the bodies. It seems more like the murder was a statement.

This story about the murder doesn't make any sense to me. They left the money and the drugs scattered all over the bodies. It seems more like the murder was a statement.

I agree. And on Sept 11th's 10th anniversary???
Huge statement IMO.

Could it have been both? A drug deal that went wrong, and then a statement with the bodies sprinkled. It could be both.

"Saeed Dunkaev, a roommate of Todashev’s, said Todashev had lived off and on with a group of other Chechens in a townhouse in Kissimmee.
“He’s a regular guy, nothing wrong,” Dunkaev said.

... Another Todashev roommate, Khusen Tamarov, said the roommates were questioned by authorities Tuesday night. Todashev was afraid of being interrogated at a law enforcement office and had asked that the questioning take place someplace else, Tamarov said."

http://nation.time.com/2013/05/22/fbi-agent-fatally-shoots-man-in-orlando/

Could it have been both? A drug deal that went wrong, and then a statement with the bodies sprinkled. It could be both.

But didn't they leave a lot of money and drugs in the apartment?
I would think if its a drug deal gone wrong, they would've taken the money and drugs.

"Saeed Dunkaev, a roommate of Todashev’s, said Todashev had lived off and on with a group of other Chechens in a townhouse in Kissimmee.
“He’s a regular guy, nothing wrong,” Dunkaev said.

... Another Todashev roommate, Khusen Tamarov, said the roommates were questioned by authorities Tuesday night. Todashev was afraid of being interrogated at a law enforcement office and had asked that the questioning take place someplace else, Tamarov said."

http://nation.time.com/2013/05/22/fbi-agent-fatally-shoots-man-in-orlando/

:waiting: So he would have access to a weapon perhaps?

I think he knew he was going to do this if they were going to try to arrest him.

If he was in physical contact with the officer, then tazing him would also taze the officer....and you are correct, people who are highly excited can sometime continue through the tazing.

Or a diversion... making it look like it was a gang or something?

Or some combination. I'm sure we'll hear more.

If Todashev was out on bond from the May 4 arrest, how was he going to leave the country?

Yeah, he also seems to have connections in Atlanta/Georgia - maybe where the car license plate came in.

His ,who I think may be his wife goes to school there.Does anyone remember the girl who some were speculating the triple murders may be connected to? Wasn't she of ethiopian descend?

But didn't they leave a lot of money and drugs in the apartment?
I would think if its a drug deal gone wrong, they would've taken the money and drugs.

Also pot was scattered on the bodies.
Why would you waste pot if it was over drug deal got wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seasonofthewolf