Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #11 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The doctor said he couldn't discuss specific treatments in the case except to say what is usually done in such circumstances, including putting a needle in the chest to relieve pressure that can damage blood vessels, and cutting open the chest and using rib-spreaders to let doctors drain blood in the sac around the heart that can put pressure on the heart and keep it from beating."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2013/04/20/tamerlan-tsarnaev-injuires_n_3124612.html

very gruesome pic at link below showing an emergency thorcotomy with rib spreaders still in place showing exact same incision as TTs

http://lifeinthefastlane.com/2010/08/ed-thoracotomy-is-it-just-the-first-part-of-the-autopsy/

Either a dull scalpel was used or the doc did not have steady hands!

Where is the pic of TT. I don't think the wound on the left side looks like it is in the correct position to be a thoracotomy.

add a set of rib spreaders and human hands trying to save a guy they have no clue if he is the bomber, a cop or a bystander and the incision may not look as perfect as you may thunks.

I learned today that cassava, from which tapioca is made, contains arsenic! I love yuca, which is also cassava, but glad I don't eat it often!
OT
Very interesting. I love those things, too. A few years back, I heard about some who guy, who believed he could combat cancer, ate apple seeds daily. They also contain arsenic.

P.S. I ate a ton of yuca today:D

add a set of rib spreaders and human hands trying to save a guy they have no clue if he is the bomber, a cop or a bystander and the incision may not look as perfect as you may thunks.

I think doctors knew who he was.

OT
Very interesting. I love those things, too. A few years back, I heard about some who guy, who believed he could combat cancer, ate apple seeds daily. They also contain arsenic.

P.S. I ate a ton of yuca today:D

LOL, I like it too much not to eat it and grew up on it. DH won't touch it nor will he eat tapioca and I love them both!

we all just have to agree to disagree on the chest wound.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/07/ra7yhu4e.jpg[/IMG

[ATTACH]33480[/ATTACH][/quote]

lol seems like this comes up every 3 days and around the block we go one more time....

somewhere in the last thread this was addressed (for the 5th. 6th 7th time??) and there was a great breakdown of the procedure and armed with that you can safely say what you're looking at in the pic of TT is from an emergency procedure

goonie: I am fine with agreeing to disagree, but please, understand that TT had that gaping wound when he was brought INTO the ER. That is clearly stated in several reports.

The quote about the pericentesis (putting a needle into the pericardiac area and withdrawing fluid), cutting a "window", or performing a full thoracotomy are discussed by the doctor quoted as some of the "standardized treatments" for cardiac tamponade - which is a buildup of fluid around the heart. He is speaking generally about the condition, not specifically about TTs treatment.

Later on he did give more complete details.

The thoracotomy shown in the photo is held open by fixed retractors. Look closely at the borders of the incision. The skin tissue can clearly be seen, it is being held back from the edges of the opening. Once the surgery is complete, the skin will be approximated (brought closely together) and either sutured or stapled. The patient ends up with a linear scar with no tissue missing.

The wound on TTs lower chest/torso area is a traumatic wound with LOTS of tissue missing. It just is NOT a surgical incision.

And, if open cardiac massage had been performed, this would NOT be the location for such an intervention. It would be a midline sternal incision.

Plus, according to published timelines, they only treated TT for 15 minutes before declaring him dead.

Anyway, enough. Yes, I can agree to disagree. But I really would like you to understand this. I will say that it just goes to show how photos can be interpreted in various ways.

Seung-Hui Cho, Jared Loughner, Timothy McVeigh all cut their hair before they committed acts of violence. And who can forget James Holmes' crazy hairdo?

Was DT thinking of those men when he cut his hair (whenever that occurred)? I haven't a clue.

JMO[/quote]

Yes, why do they do that! Seems to be a template or rite or passage ?

My guess is: they don't mind blowing up people but they do mind having
some jailer shave their heads, coroner, or funeral director ? Talk about
mixed priorities !!!!!
:seeya:

I'm sorry but i do not believe that the bombers body should be returned to family or given a proper muslim burial or whatever. I believe he forfeited his right to have a proper burial as he would have wished or how his family would have wanted. He is a terrorist and a killer, a traitor to the country that took him in and gave him welfare/foodstamps.

His body should be cremated and disposed of in the trash or scattered in a landfill, feed it to pigs for all I care but he deserves NO respect. There should be NO place on earth for him to be buried where anyone can visit. Why give other crazy people a place to go and honor him?

That's just my opinion and you are free to have a different opinion and I respect that completely.

I say again, bury it at sea like bin Laden.

I heard the Funeral Representative say that he wanted to contact the State Dept. re: shipping TT back to Russia. That is not necessary. Ruslan has said he would take care of the expenses. The mother has said she wants him in Russia. Commercial airlines have coordinated protocols for the transport of dead bodies. All they need to do is buy the ticket and load him on a plane. What's the freakin' problem? There isn't one. He can leave, now. He can be buried in Daghastan next to his friend, William Plotnikov, IMO.

No entity owns the ocean or rules it - bury the guy in the ocean.

I am also convinced those were the marks from medical procedures. I think if he had huge cuts on him like that not from a medical procedure, the cause of death in the autopsy would be different.

Where is the pic of TT. I don't think the wound on the left side looks like it is in the correct position to be a thoracotomy.

That is a traumatic wound. There is nothing about that wound that is
medical in nature ... unless the SOC-ER physician was Frankenstein with an
axe! :twocents:

What about his alleged suicide vest? It was initally reported that he had one on when they arrested him after the shootout. Did LE take it off? Did it go (partially) off and caused that hole in the side? What happened to it? I can't imagine a scenario where they would take the time and neccessary precaution to take off the suicide vest within the one or two minutes that it took for DT to turn around the car and come charging at them. Did TT have the vest on when brother ran him over and parts of the vest caused the hole?

Was there ever a suicide vest?

What about his alleged suicide vest? It was initally reported that he had one on when they arrested him after the shootout. Did LE take it off? Did it go (partially) off and caused that hole in the side? What happened to it? I can't imagine a scenario where they would take the time and neccessary precaution to take off the suicide vest within the one or two minutes that it took for DT to turn around the car and come charging at them. Did TT have the vest on when brother ran him over and parts of the vest caused the hole?

Was there ever a suicide vest?

I don't think he had a suicide vest. There were a lot of things reported that turned out to be wrong.

That is a traumatic wound. There is nothing about that wound that is
medical in nature ... unless the SOC-ER physician was Frankenstein with an
axe! :twocents:

I believe the big hole on the left side was the result of an emergency procedure. The opening does look messy but one must remember during emergency procedure precision was not their priority. The skin around the wound was very much stretched but it's very normal because it was not sewn back together immediately after the procedure. Once the person is dead, there's no blood flow and oxygen to the area, the skin became separated further away from muscles and fat tissues. If you look carefully you will see the cut was done along the rib cage (between two rib bones) and the yellow disinfectant around the wound. It's a common practice to spread iodine or betadine before cutting the skin.

There are other wounds on the torso and head including bullet holes and lacerations. I suspect the large bruising on his head and right shoulder a result of being hit/run over by a vehicle (tire mark). Believe me, I got run over by a truck when I was 15. My pelvis was fractured but visual bone deformity was very minimal yet I had bruising spread from my mid back to my hips, looked very much like what you see in that picture.

I am not going to post the picture of his dead body here. Anyone wants to see it simply Google "Tamerlan Tsarnaev body", it's everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member