Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #11 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff Bauman shares his Boston Marathon story

http://www.concordmonitor.com/home/...-his-encounter-with-suspect-tamerlan-tsarnaev

Bauman was at the marathon to watch his girlfriend, along with her two roommates. One of them, Michele Mahoney, was also badly injured and is now recovering in the next room over from Bauman at Spaulding. Just before Bauman saw Tsarnaev, he was looking for Mahoney so they could move farther down, just in case they’d missed his girlfriend crossing the finish line. The weird feeling Tsarnaev gave him made his desire to move more urgent.

As he was looking for Mahoney, he saw a black backpack alone on the ground – the same one he’d seen on the suspicious man.

Then, that pop.

NH Governor visits Jeff
http://www.concordmonitor.com/home/6043531-95/gov-maggie-hassan-visits-jeff-bauman-in-rehab

Bauman is able to travel using a wheelchair and a slide board to get in and out of cars. Hassan told him her family is well-versed in wheelchair-accessible vehicles because her son uses a wheelchair. But Jeff said he’s hoping he’ll be up and walking on prosthetics soon and won’t even have to use one.

He does physical therapy for three hours every day and is looking forward to getting moving.

“I’ll be around, I like to get moving,” he told her. “This is killing me, staying in here.”

And, if open cardiac massage had been performed, this would NOT be the location for such an intervention. It would be a midline sternal incision.

no, it would not necessarily be a midline sternal incision -- especially in an ER situation:

picture.php

"standard thoracotomy incision... can be modified or minimized"

"in the emergency setting, it allows rapid access to the left chest, pericardium, and also the aorta"

numerous other types of thoracotomy incisions/techniques discussed at link as well.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1972596-overview#a15

Wasn't me. I read in one of the newspapers that it is common practice...sending bodies to other countries. They use dry ice and they require embalming. Then the body is placed in the cargo area.

Someone posted a commentary from an Islamic writer. It speaks that this is not ideal and is in fact frowned upon by conservative Islam. But, already TT's body has not been interred within 24 hours and several Mosques have stated that they would not conduct any Islamic burial ceremony for him.

Shipping him to Russia wouldn't change the fact that no Islamic Mosque has agreed to treat him as an honorable Moslem/Muslim/follower of Islam and Mohammed.

I agree, that is why his wife should for the time being stop wearing their garb, as more things come out she was not a True Moslem/Muslim, and I am sure this would bother them, she used the faith o help get what she needed, know it is time for her family to help her get support, and take care of her till she can function again, if ever, I still can not believe the state of the pigsty
that they lived in.

I heard the Funeral Representative say that he wanted to contact the State Dept. re: shipping TT back to Russia. That is not necessary. Ruslan has said he would take care of the expenses. The mother has said she wants him in Russia. Commercial airlines have coordinated protocols for the transport of dead bodies. All they need to do is buy the ticket and load him on a plane. What's the freakin' problem? There isn't one. He can leave, now. He can be buried in Daghastan next to his friend, William Plotnikov, IMO.

The problem is as the gentleman said on AC 360 last night, he can do all that but he does not have 1 reliable person to pick up the body at the other end, after all he has to get paid also, yes Mommy would be there but she has no MONEY!!

I heard he can't be shipped to Russia because he does not have a Russian passport.

Well, TT's lack of planning shouldn't justify an emergency on our part...LOL

And why would a dead body require a passport? Color me befuddled here.

I feel really bad for Uncle Ruslan. He's trying to do the right thing, but with that nutjob of a mother to deal with, he's not ever going to be able to win.

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

A State Department spokesman told the Herald yesterday he was “unaware of any efforts to coordinate sending (Tsarnaev’s) remains to Russia” and referred the matter to the Russian embassy. Russian embassy and consular officials in Washington, D.C., and New York could not be reached for comment.

“Nobody can take this question right now,” said a man at the embassy.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/05/bomber_burial_major_undertaking

bbm, Well I guess that settles that!

Another article on Jane's dancing friends. Jane has apparently been dancing since she was 4 years old:

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/201...on-bombings/FphVyr6dZQm6sqqq6X2iTM/story.html
The group of 6- and 7-year-old girls are from the Clifden Academy in Milton, and they were there to honor their classmate, Jane Richard, who was injured last week in the bombings at the Boston Marathon finish line. Young Irish step dance groups from Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island came together Saturday night for a benefit show for the Richard family.

Eileen Dinn, the owner of Clifden Academy, said Jane has attended her dance school since she was 4 years old.

“She loves dance,” Dinn said. “You always see her running around with her Clifden jacket, her little uniform on.”
(article dated 4/27)

I agree, that is why his wife should for the time being stop wearing their garb, as more things come out she was not a True Moslem/Muslim, and I am sure this would bother them, she used the faith o help get what she needed, know it is time for her family to help her get support, and take care of her till she can function again, if ever, I still can not believe the state of the pigsty
that they lived in.

How do you know that she was not a "true Moslem." One of KRT's relatives said KRT took her faith very seriously. When TT was in Russia, he often called KRT as to how to do something correctly in the religion. She may have converted because of TT but it was her religion of choice.

http://tinyurl.com/cyk5898

Students flock to the U.S. from around the world. But when their visas expire, many simply stay.

The problem is fueled by loose laws and lax enforcement practices by the government and the schools attached to student visas. Responsibility for keeping track of the students is spread thin, leaving many free to overstay at will and leaving the country exposed to security threats. While the Department of Homeland Security is now taking steps to tighten the system, it's unclear whether the immigration overhaul being considered in Congress will make any significant changes.
<snip>
According to the Migration Policy Institute, about 40 percent of the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants living in the country came here with valid visas -- of all kinds -- but ended up staying after their passes expired.

Under the broad umbrella of these 4.5 million visa overstays, it is not known exactly how many are students
<snip>
In 2011, New York and California topped the list of states that had the largest number of students and exchange visitors; Massachusetts ranked No. 5 with 117,395 students, according to the DHS.

that they lived in.

I don't think it's anyone's business but her own what she wears or what faith she chooses to follow. She's not breaking any laws by wearing a hijab, nor is she breaking any laws by following Islam.

A State Department spokesman told the Herald yesterday he was &#8220;unaware of any efforts to coordinate sending (Tsarnaev&#8217;s) remains to Russia&#8221; and referred the matter to the Russian embassy. Russian embassy and consular officials in Washington, D.C., and New York could not be reached for comment.

&#8220;Nobody can take this question right now,&#8221; said a man at the embassy.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/05/bomber_burial_major_undertaking

bbm, Well I guess that settles that!

Hmm...more like "nobody can take this body right now."

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...nt_funeral_home_to_pay_30g_police_detail_bill
The nearly nonstop police details outside the Worcester funeral home holding the body of the slain marathon bombing mastermind have cost the city more than $30,000 &#8212; and cops want the home to foot the bill.

Hardly the home's fault, here. They were trying to do a goodwill gesture from what I've read. Protecting against possible/probable crime is city business, city billing, IMO.

I say send the body in a hearse to Uncle Ruslan and/or other local relatives who've accepted responsibility for it, and be done with it. They can charter a boat to bury it at sea where it won't be disturbed, won't need embalming.

Hardly the home's fault, here. They were trying to do a goodwill gesture from what I've read. Protecting against possible/probable crime is city business, city billing, IMO.

I say send the body in a hearse to Uncle Ruslan and/or other local relatives who've accepted responsibility for it, and be done with it. They can charter a boat to bury it at sea where it won't be disturbed, won't need embalming.

Ack, I hope they don't actually expect the funeral home to foot the bill - I mean I don't want to pay one more cent toward this family, enough is enough and IMO it is the family's fault that TT is still in limbo -- however, if police have to protect the funeral home, then that's what they have to do and the home is just part of the public that deserves their protection. Jeez, the funeral director has been nothing but honorable in his actions, and it's hardly his fault the family won't make a decision.

That family!!! My gosh, enough is enough!

Video piece with off-duty firefighter who was at a restaurant, and who told of how he felt 'led right to' Martin's sister after the bomb went off. He's wearing a red shirt in the live video scene:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22275862

And yes, I believe she lost one leg. She was an 'Irish' dancer; her dance school has been performing to help raise money for the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member