Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, I for one look forward to the Rolling Stone article.

Here is a brief look at what it will cover:

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture...ing-stones-boston-bomber-cover-story-20130716

"July 16, 2013 6:00 PM ET

In the new issue of Rolling Stone, contributing editor Janet Reitman <snip>

&#8226; Around 2008, Jahar&#8217;s older brother Tamerlan confided to his mother that he felt like "two people" were inside him. She confided this to a close friend who felt he might need a psychiatrist, but Zubeidat believed that religion would be the cure for her son&#8217;s inner demons and growing mental instability, and pushed him deeper into Islam.

More ...

Wow, interesting. I found this quite interesting also:

&#8226; Jahar shared few details of his troubled home life with even his closest friends. In the months leading up to the bombing, his family had disintegrated. His parents were both living in Russia. His two older sisters were estranged. Only Tamerlan, who was becoming increasingly devout and judgmental of all non-Muslims, was still in Boston. When one of Jahar&#8217;s friends asked to meet Tamerlan, Jahar said, "No, you don't want to meet him."

https://www.facebook.com/CVS

CVS/pharmacy has decided not to sell the current issue of Rolling Stone featuring a cover photo of the Boston Marathon bombing suspect. As a company with deep roots in New England and a strong presence in Boston, we believe this is the right decision out of respect for the victims of the attack and their loved ones.

CVS/pharmacy has decided not to sell the current issue of Rolling Stone featuring a cover photo of the Boston Marathon bombing suspect. As a company with deep roots in New England and a strong presence in Boston, we believe this is the right decision out of respect for the victims of the attack and their loved ones.

Personally, I think Rolling Stone should have used a different cover picture, but CVS is just covering their butt as they don't want anyone boycotting their store. I guess they's also rather people didn't know about the huge suit they settled with the government for overbilling Medicaid, to the tune of $17.5 million paid to resolve the False Prescription Billing Case in 2011.

Here's an alternative view to the cover photo.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media...rong-with-rolling-stones-tsarnaev-168607.html

The "cover shot" Rolling Stone used isn't Dylan-like. It isn't even a cover-shot. It's the same image used by countless news organizations over and over again in the wake of Tsarnaev's arrest. Oh, and: It calls him a "Monster." It's right there on the cover.

More to the point, far more significant terrorists and American enemies have appeared on the covers of Rolling Stone, Time Magazine and countless other magazines over the years. Among them: Hitler and Osama bin Laden. Charles Manson appeared on the cover of Rolling Stone 43 years ago. And anyone who argues that Rolling Stone shouldn't use the image because it's a rock magazine doesn't understand Rolling Stone's history or its journalistic ambitions.

Personally I think that anything that spreads any type of attention to this kid, especially a cover photo on a popular magazine is totally uncalled for and insensitive. Other psycho kids that may not necessarily want to be terrorists but that want to do something horrible so people will know who they are will just look at this and be more motivated to carry out whatever they are thinking of. They picked such a glorified pic of the boy, regardless of its origin. It looks just like a celebrity photo shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dunno, consider the source I guess?

This is the same magazine that put Manson on the cover. The interesting thing about stories like this is nobody in the magazine business puts something on their cover if they don't think people will buy it. It's not like they've never put questionable things on their cover before and people still buy their magazine.

It certainly looks like a cover shot to me.

I thought the point was that photo was not taken by Rolling Stone, that it's the same one every new organization in America has been using.

I guess I am not appalled by this because over the years the only thing I look at in Rolling Stone is their journalistic pieces, like the pieces they more recently did on Petraeus, e.g., King David's War.

Here is the full article. It a long article.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/jahars-world-20130717

Jahar rarely spoke to his friends about his sisters, Ailina and Bella, who, just a few years older than he, kept to themselves but also had their own struggles. Attractive, dark-haired girls who were "very Americanized," as friends recall, they worshipped Tamerlan, whom one sister would later refer to as her "hero" &#8211; but they were also subject to his role as family policeman. When Bella was a junior in high school, her father, hearing that she'd been seen in the company of an American boy, pulled her out of school and dispatched Tamerlan to beat the boy up. Friends later spotted Bella wearing a hijab; not long afterward, she disappeared from Cambridge entirely. Some time later, Ailina would similarly vanish. Both girls were reportedly set up in arranged marriages.

Anna Nikeava was unaware the girls had even left Boston, and suspects the parents never talked about it for fear of being judged. "Underneath it all, they were a screwed-up family," she says. "They weren't Chechen" &#8211; they had not come from Chechnya, as she and others had &#8211; "and I don't think the other families accepted them as Chechens.

Also from the link (pg 4):

For Jahar, identity likely played into the mix as well, says Williams, who, though he never met Jahar at UMass Dartmouth, coincidentally corresponded with him during his senior year of high school. One of Williams' friends taught English at Rindge, and "he told me he had this Chechen kid in his class who wanted to do his research paper on Chechnya, a country he'd never lived in." Williams agreed to help Jahar. "The thing that struck me was how little he actually knew," he says. "He didn't know anything about Chechnya, and he wanted to know everything."

...Tamerlan, too, seemed to have wanted to join the rebellion, but he was dissuaded from this pursuit by, among others, a distant cousin named Magomed Kartashov, who also happened to be a Dagestani Islamist. Kartashov's Western cousin, who came to Dagestan dressed in fancy American clothes and bragging of being a champion boxer, had no place in their country's civil war, he told Tamerlan. It was an internal struggle – in an interview with TIME magazine, associates of Kartashov's referred to it as "banditry" – and had only resulted in Muslims killing other Muslims. Kartashov urged Tamerlan to embrace nonviolence and forget about Dagestan's troubles. By early summer, Tamerlan was talking about holy war "in a global context," one Dagestani Islamist recalls.

His arm in a cast and his face swollen, a blase-looking Dzhokhar Tsarnaev pleaded not guilty Wednesday in the Boston Marathon bombing in a seven-minute proceeding that marked his first appearance in public since his capture in mid-April.

As survivors of the bombing looked on, Tsarnaev, 19, gave a small, lopsided smile to his sisters upon arriving in the courtroom. He appeared to have a jaw injury and there was swelling around his left eye and cheek.

Then, after he leaned in toward a microphone and said, "Not guilty" over and over in his Russian accent, he was led out of the courtroom in handcuffs, making a kissing gesture toward his family with his lips. His sister sobbed loudly, resting her head on a woman seated next to her.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20130710/US--Boston.Marathon.Bombing/
His arm in a cast and his face swollen,my goodness a defense strategy?? How on earth can a 19 year old need a quarter of year to heal!!!!!!

So he now doesn't want to die for his cause, or he just wants to bleed the system? And why does this scum bag deserve a TEAM of lawyers?
Cause he is a US citizen and those are the laws of our land!

"Prosecutors have not said whether they intend to pursue Tsarnaev’s execution. The Herald reported last week that U.S. Attorney Carmen M. Ortiz’s office last week sent victims a questionnaire asking them, among other matters, about their thoughts on the death penalty."

I think they should just drop the death penalty, but in any case it looks like they are asking the victims about it. I do not think any further counsel should be appointed until they decide if they will even pursue it.
IMO, way to political legal "game like" for them not to pretend they want the death penality. I was surprised when I read this!

Well, I for one look forward to the Rolling Stone article.

Here is a brief look at what it will cover:

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture...ing-stones-boston-bomber-cover-story-20130716

"July 16, 2013 6:00 PM ET

In the new issue of Rolling Stone, contributing editor Janet Reitman delivers a deeply reported account of the life and times of Boston bomber Jahar Tsarnaev. Reitman spent the last two months interviewing dozens of sources – childhood and high school friends, teachers, neighbors and law enforcement agents, many of whom spoke for the first time about the case – to deliver a riveting and heartbreaking account of how a charming kid with a bright future became a monster. Here are five revelations about Tsarnaev from our latest cover story, "Jahar's World":"

One of the revelations I find most interesting is:

• Around 2008, Jahar’s older brother Tamerlan confided to his mother that he felt like "two people" were inside him. She confided this to a close friend who felt he might need a psychiatrist, but Zubeidat believed that religion would be the cure for her son’s inner demons and growing mental instability, and pushed him deeper into Islam.

More ...
Me too , just found out about it here going to get it now (I hope!0. Of course he should be on the cover --its a story , they a magazine, it is news, anything other than that is called censorship!

That is terrible , just terrible they should not be deciding what custumers can read this is america!!!!!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton
Back