Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #6 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
do you know what they do if he doesn't regain consciousness in 48 hours? Might be a stupid question, but does the clock start ticking when he wakes up?

IDk he didn't elaborate, he was mostly advocating the enemy combatant angle. I don't like that idea personally, not so much because of this man because I do believe he intended to do mass harm to people, but I don't want the government to begin exercising that kind of power against it's citizens, in other situations, that could get very dangerous, so then, if I want my rights protected, I need his protected. MOO

From article:

This shows me he was very disrespectful of others and liked to make it clear to them.

Or he was high a lot. String cheese all over a couch? Carrying a cat upstairs?

Sounds like someone who was buzzing.

Well, off here for a baseball game, but I still want to know what they were doing at MIT and why they ambushed that cop. They hadn't car jacked anyone yet. That's my want to know question.

Side note, they were in Boston which has a lot of public trans. An ex boss's son went to some music school there and his son didn't take his car - something about too expensive to park and didn't need it. Is this true??

MIT is in Cambridge where older lived. I think younger went to meet him after photos of them were released as until then younger was back in dorm at UMass. I really think they might have believed they wouldn't be identified because of so many people in the crowds or something-also speaks to their lack of training perhaps-wouldn't a real terrorist group tell them they had to leave their normal life? So, they meet up in Cambridge and the MIT cop recognizes them. It's after that they carjack the SUV and only make it a couple miles to Watertown. Shoot out and younger escapes on foot hiding in yards etc in that densely populated areas. OT-until recently I primarily worked out of Boston office and had an apartment in Watertown so very familiar with that area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Handguns, a rifle and at least six bombs -- three of which exploded -- were found at the scene early Friday after officers first confronted the two Boston Marathon bombing suspects in the darkness of a residential street, the Watertown, Massachusetts, police chief told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Saturday.

A single officer was the first to encounter the two cars that Tamerlan and Dzhokar Tsarnaev were driving, just before 1 a.m. Friday, Chief Edward Deveau said.

Before the officer could get backup, the two cars stopped, and the brothers got out.

"They jump out of the car and unload on our police officer," Deveau said "They both came out shooting -- shooting guns, handguns. He's under direct fire, very close by. He has to jam it in reverse and try to get himself a little distance."

Five other police officers, including two who had just finished their shifts, then arrived at what Deveau called a "very tight area" in the middle of an intense shootout. One of the officers was wounded.

"We estimate there was over 200 shots fired in a five- to 10-minute period," Deveau said.

One of the brothers threw an explosive at the officers. They later discovered it was a pressure cooker bomb, similar to the ones used at the marathon Monday, the chief said.

www.cnn.com

So at the shootout,the two were in separate cars? For some reason I thought they were both in the carjacked vehicle. That's a tidbit I didn't know before.

They both went to Cambridge Rindge &Latin and the older one lived in Cambridge. I'm sure they knew a lot of well off people. Cambridge is an extremely accepting and diverse area with lots of wealthy people. They both wrestled and knew people through that too. These were not loners from the middle of nowhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't understand your point. Are you disputing the claim that they were resentful?

Lindsey Graham said earlier on the news that is was approximately a 48hr window unless he is designated as enemy combatant.

The kid is a US citizen, if they want to declare him an enemy combatant I would think they need to define the foreign "enemy" nation that he was in combat for.

Obama doesn't want that.

Plus Chechnya is still part of Russia, and we aren't going there!

Have you heard of any scholarship money besides the $2,500?
That may buy his books and a little food.

And she didn't KILL anybody! She is a victim. I'm not concerned where her money came from.

he was an american citizen iirc so most likely got financial aid like any other american citizen..

the bombs they made seemed very crude.. not sure what you mean about money??

(because if it is about tax payers, politics, etc, Kimster has already set down the law on that type of discussion yesterday: it needs to go to the political pavilion)

This is a pic I took yesterday on my way to Logan airport. This might not mean much if you don't know what traffic normally looks like in the city, but the streets were totally empty. I edited a zoom of the sign as well. I hope to never see that message again.

http://www.anony.ws/i/2013/04/20/HFI9.png

jmo~ these parents are not clueless!

"During one spa session, Zubeidat revealed interesting information about her family immigrating from Russia to the U.S.
She told me that she and her husband had been lawyers and political activists in Russia. They had fled the country after 'something that her husband did"

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/bost...home-of-bombing-suspects-2013-4#ixzz2R1cxMGlS

If what this young woman says is true (I have no reason to doubt its veracity), it supports my suspicions that these two terrorists were raised in a home environment of extremist anti-US government hatred (based on what I read in the above linked article).

I just listened to the mother's telephone interview with RT-TV. She sounds off her hinges with her conspiracy theories regarding the FBI "controlling" her older son & with her claims that this was a set-up.

Or he was high a lot. String cheese all over a couch? Carrying a cat upstairs?

Sounds like someone who was buzzing.

Haha I thought the same thing: sounds like some guy at every dorm party I ever attended.

So at the shootout,the two were in separate cars? For some reason I thought they were both in the carjacked vehicle. That's a tidbit I didn't know before.

I thought I heard a police cruiser and the car they jacked at the store

I think the ability to feel compassion is what separates us from the terrorist. He's 19 years old, what happens to a young man to make him capable of this? JMO

the scanner thread in the basement has all the info on events as they unfolded (I cannot bring them up here but there is info on the shots fired, etc and his position in the boat thru the ordeal)

The scanners/social media really highlight how much of a dinosaur news Internet websites/news orgs really are. We were listening to events real time last night and that's something news agencies can't compete with anymore. The nightly news on tv and even on the internet is getting phased out by social media.

I think the ability to feel compassion is what separates us from the terrorist. He's 19 years old, what happens to a young man to make him capable of this? JMO

Evilness

An uncle of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects says a falling-out with one of his nephews because of the man’s increased commitment to Islam was the reason they hadn’t spoken since 2009.

Ruslan Tsarni says he grew concerned about Tamerlan Tsarnaev when he told him in a 2009 phone conversation that he had chosen “God’s business” over work or school. Tsarni said he then contacted a family friend who told him Tsarnaev had been influenced by a recent convert to Islam.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/20/uncle-had-falling-out-with-bombing-suspect-over-islam/

he was an american citizen iirc so most likely got financial aid like any other american citizen..

the bombs they made seemed very crude.. not sure what you mean about money??

(because if it is about tax payers, politics, etc, Kimster has already set down the law on that type of discussion yesterday: it needs to go to the political pavilion)

I want to know where he got his living money.

Has nothing to do with politics.

A man who lives on Franklin Street went outside to have a smoke Friday evening after a “stay indoors” order was lifted in the search for Boston Marathon bombings suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

Then he saw blood on his boat.

“He realized one of the straps had been cut. At that point he noticed there was a small amount of blood, I guess, on the outside of the strap,” the boat owner’s stepson, Robert Duffy, told CBS News.

“He just grabbed his milk crate, he jumped up inside, underneath the cover that he has over the boat, the winter cover. And immediately there was blood. He looked forward, not knowing what he was actually looking at. His brain told him there was a body, but he wasn’t sure there was a body. At that point he immediately jumped down, called 911.”
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/...ded-so-bad-might-not-have-lived-if-not-found/

IDk he didn't elaborate, he was mostly advocating the enemy combatant angle. I don't like that idea personally, not so much because of this man because I do believe he intended to do mass harm to people, but I don't want the government to begin exercising that kind of power against it's citizens, in other situations, that could get very dangerous, so then, if I want my rights protected, I need his protected. MOO

We've already tried US citizens that way, it's not a new thing per se.

There are conditions that have to be met to use that term but basically the way I read it is, if there are ties to a known country or group that shows intent to kill Americans they (US citizens) can be held as combatants.

For myself if they trace these guys back to a terrorist group I have no problem slapping them with the combatant tag and handing them over to the military and let them have some special time together...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member