Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #6 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really wondering what they were doing at MIT. Were they planning more mass destruction?

You can be a US citizen and still be considered an enemy combatant.

Reading the definition, he should be a member of armed forces of an enemy state.
Which he clearly isn't. He is a US citizen, living in US since being a small child, not a member of armed forces of an enemy state by any means.

OMG! That would make TOTAL sense! :seeya:

Thank you. It's been bugging me no end.

Me too! Because (to use a JA word) it did not comport with the other images and reports of his condition.

As far as the time of day goes, that is not a dealbreaker for me as to when he got into the boat yet because we do not know how long he was there.

As for the shots fired, yesterday, before noon, there were several shots fired at
a totally different location, later in the day when we knew he was in the boat I remember thinking 'what were they shooting at early in the day then? shadows? Understandable because they were in a very tense situation.' JMO

Please don't jump on me but I feel a little bit bad for the 2nd kid. Only because I'm betting most of his motivation came from his older brother. At 19 yrs old , you don't really h ave a great idea of what's going on in the world and I feel like his brother talked him into this and the boy just went along with it, trying to impress his big bro that he looks up to and now he's the one literally left holding the bag. That does in no way minimize his guilt. I just wonder if his mind right now he's thinking why why why did I let him talk me into this.

I'm not jumping on you at all, and I too feel he was following his brother's lead, but of his own volition. At 19, people serve in the military, vote, start families etc. All might not be what we think of as "mature", but at 19, people should know the difference between right and wrong. I'm sure he's regretting being caught, but he was firing at police officers right up to the time of his apprehension. All MOO

I believe it was reported they had another pressure cooker bomb with them which they trew at cops and it didn't work because the lid came off. They could have been planning to plant more bombs, I presume.

I'm guessing they were plotting to do more damage,but I want to know how they got there as well. If they took public transportation,did they have bomb making materials and grenades on them? How close is MIT to the 7/11? Did they ride there or walk or take public transportation?

"Another photo shows Dzhokhar climbing out of the boat under his own power, following the commands of the HRT (Hostage Rescue Team), and Miller said it is clear from the images that, "this is a guy who was very weak at this point and probably -- had he not been discovered -- he might not have lived."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-33816_1...leg-wounds-might-not-have-lived-if-not-found/

Yeah that pic is him coming out.

I think he spent all day holed up in the boat., the man who found him said when he looked under the tarp the first thing he saw was the pool of blood and a dark shape crunched up in a ball in the corner.

Like I said yesterday before they found him, I think he found a spot to hide real close to where they last saw him and was going to wait it out or die from injuries he sustained in the shootout. He was done running for the time being.

I believe it was reported they had another pressure cooker bomb with them which they trew at cops and it didn't work because the lid came off. They could have been planning to plant more bombs, I presume.

You know I think you are right. They had plenty of time to voice their cause and did not. I don't know that we will ever really know why, but I do think the older one took the lead for sure. I am sorry to see that the younger one is alive. So sad that hard working people will be paying for his care and court cost should he live.

Very bizarre to be status addiction then follow a devout extremists radical ideas (if it's true), but it has happened before.

Perhaps wanting infamy as a domestic terror was part of the motivation and why he did not hide his identity.

Yeah the money/status thing and devout Islamic Jihad do NOT go together at all.

Complete opposites in fact. Maybe he was all about the infamy but how on earth did he convince his little brother?

Reading the definition, he should be a member of armed forces of an enemy state.
Which he clearly isn't. He is a US citizen, living in US since being a small child, not a member of armed forces of an enemy state by any means.

That's the historical meaning.
It has been used on enemies that are not armed forces of an enemy state.

That's how I read it anyway.

I think it's quite possible they will declare him an enemy combatant.

JMO

Why would he be sitting on the side alone if police got him out physically?

Yes and as i posted a bit ago the Police Chief stated on CNN he was ordered to lift his shirt and did so. I do believe he was in a very weak state and perhaps climbing out of the boat and lifting his shirt could have been the most movement he had done for some hours. I could understand him collapsing after LE had him physically. IMO

Why would he be sitting on the side alone if police got him out physically?

You are not understanding my point.

Perhaps he was sitting there refusing to get out and they had to get him. And they didn't really want to approach the boat to get him. But eventually had to due to his refusal.

As far as I know, there are no pictures of him getting out.

That's the historical meaning.
It has been used on enemies that are not armed forces of an enemy state.

That's how I read it anyway.

JMO

I don't see that happening at all. He is really far away from the definition.

They've already said they found blood in the car he was driving and also in the back of a house that was a block or so away from the boat. This is why they set the perimeter in that area. The boat actually wasn't in the perimeter, they never searched it.

I do think he was in there for quite some time, but not initially. It's quite possible he got in the boat in the early morning hours of friday and it was still dark. The ripped tarp and the spotlight are a dead giveaway though that this was when LE was already there.

Yes. That's what I was saying. He was outside the perimeter hiding in the boat, IMO, all day which is why he seemed to disappear into thin air. I can see that the tarp looks damaged but the boat itself doesn't look as damaged as has been reported. He looked bad to me but others are saying they saw photos of him moving so apparently he was still mobile and would have been able to crawl out of the boat.

Didn't Obama say he would be tried in the civilian court system? And that he would NOT be sent to Guantanamo? I think so.

But apparently they have waived the requirement for Miranda rights. I personally don't like that at all.

I predict the kid will end up in SuperMax and he will wish he had taken his life in that boat (at least via suicide by cop, which is acceptable to Muslims).

Here is the caption that is running with the photo:
This image, taken from a surveillance camera shows Dzhokhar Tsarnaev climbing into a boat Friday morning after a police gun battle. He was later found in the boat and captured

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ect-Dzhokhar-Tsarnaev-boat.html#ixzz2R11tWEQH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The Daily Mail is wrong so much that I give NO credence to their captions and articles. The do have great pictures though, but really, never take what they say as truth.

Although the tarp was probably cut by the robot they sent in.... ? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Forget it. IDC He's caught, that's enough for me.

I'll let you take up this argument with Senator McCain...lol

No need.
Frankly I don't care what he is declared to be.
I just don't envision him being declared an enemy combatant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01