Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are conflicting reports over him running over his brother, so who knows what actually happened. I wonder if he literally "drove over" TT, managing to miss him with the tires?

The front of his torso didn't have any tire marks...

I would think that he had the irrational thought in his mind that by driving right into them he could somehow prevent the cops from arresting and cuffing his brother (by killing the cops). He didn't think it through though ...
... and he was amped on fear and adrenaline

BOSTON — The two brothers suspected of bombing the Boston Marathon appear to have been motivated by their religious faith but do not seem connected to any Muslim terrorist groups, U.S. officials said Monday after interrogating the severely wounded younger man. He was charged with federal crimes that could bring the death penalty.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...2fee0c-ab0a-11e2-9493-2ff3bf26c4b4_story.html

And here again:

Two officials also told The Associated Press that evidence indicated he and the second suspect, his brother, were motivated by religion.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...bing-suspect-says-he-and-brother-acted-alone/

Wow! Motivated by religion? I don't practice any religion, but it's not religion that is behind this...it's radicalization and extremism that leads to these violent acts, not religion. IMO

huh?

what else were they radical about? what else were they extreme about?

Exactly. The extremists just claim it in the name of religion

I'd really like to know the names of the two US officials that stated that religion is behind their violent acts against their fellow man.

Did someone just see the interview with Pierce Morgan and Jeff Ball about torture ? :floorlaugh:

I know serious subject but that was just too funny!

Not surprisingly, Jeff Ball left at the first opportunity.
wha'd they say, wha'd they say? TIA

There are conflicting reports over him running over his brother, so who knows what actually happened. I wonder if he literally "drove over" TT, managing to miss him with the tires?

There is an autopsie photo of him which shows part of his face and neck deep red. I think that's where he probably ran over him.

Police Chief now being interviewed by Piers Morgan just stated that DT was barreling down the road at his officers who had TT apprehended and on the ground. The officers got out of the way. Obviously now it does appear to be intentional and it was the officers who were specifically DT's targets.

MOO

More charges will be added. Attempted murder.

According to the Watertown police chief and an eyewitness interviewed on CNN, he purposefully tried to run down the police officers trying to subdue his brother and managed to run his brother over. I haven't seen anything that conflicts with that account, however.

The police officers were there. The eyewitness was there. Hearing it from the Police Chief confirms exactly what transpired Thursday night. This act alone, by DT, indicates his culpability and labeling TT as the mastermind now is self-serving. Aside from the bombings on Monday, this is why I am curious what LE has questioned him about regarding the events of Thursday night.

MOO

There is an autopsie photo of him which shows part of his face and neck deep red. I think that's where he probably ran over him.

I saw that, and am inclined to agree, but I also thought I saw a MSM article that quoted the Dr who worked on him saying there was no injury consistent with being run over.

BBM

And throw in the vehicular homicide of TT for good measure...

MOO

I thought another woman (a previous girlfriend?) brought the DV charges. Has it been confirmed whether or not it was the (future) wife who had him charged?

The last day or two there was a photo in MSM (I will try to find it) of the blood smear that was left on the road when the body was dragged under the car.

wha'd they say, wha'd they say? TIA

Uh, I won't be able to repeat it in all its glory but a summary would be: JB had tweeted something to the effect that "who wouldn't want to torture JT now" and Pierce challenged him about that (I had the feeling JB did not see that coming), which started a heated argument about torture and JB trying to save face and unsuccessfully trying to challenge PM back ("Would you have played cards with Osama bin laden if you had had 30 minutes alone with him?"). Finally PM announced a break and asked JB if he would "stay a little longer", JB forced himself to smile, but was gone after the break.

One does not always have tire marks when they are run over. Could've been hit with the front if the car and went under the car.
Wasn't it reported he was drug down the street a bit?

I can't understand so many elements in this case. Mostly, why did DT run over TT? If the vehicle was going in reverse then maybe with all of the pressure in the situation, he wasn't thinking clearly. But if he wad driving head on then I just can't can't see any scenario... Unless he was sick of his "mastermind" and wanted him gone. Idk. Moo.
My understanding of it came today with Police Chief . I had same notions as you and this cleared it up. Apparently he opened his door and begain heading toward all the LE folks. He was hit and fell, younger brother was just trying to drive out and that was the way out - over his brother. IMO , it was freaking and wanting to escape as opposed to trying to hurt brother. In fact, I vote we are going to here remorse (which I would believe this is a kid - he was not wearing a vest- just pulled in like rogue wave.

But if a tire had went across his face I would think his head would have been crushed.
When I saw the red marks, I thought perhaps road rash from being drug.

I'd really like to know the names of the two US officials that stated that religion is behind their violent acts against their fellow man.
Yes.

Can you imagine the uproar if there was a religiously motivated "Christian terror attack" and later it was found that the Westboro Baptist Church was behind it? There would be justified anger and outrage.

I'm not a Muslim, but I do know that every single Muslim I know (there are plenty) loudly denounces all kinds of violence and they HATE that their religion gets the blame for things they revile and actively teach against.

Does anyone know why JT has only been charged with 3 counts of murder? What about the police officer? Or will that be a separate "state" charge? I couldn't even begin to imagine the laundry list of charges you could tack onto this whole thing, but why would you even bother at this point other than justice for each and every victim. You would have well over 180 cases of attempted murder, assault with deadly force, murder of the officer, carjackaing, theft (ATM card,) kidnapping, unlawful use of a firearm. attempted murder of all of the officers, resisting arrest, murder of his brother and probably a whole bunch of traffic related offenses for good measure! A lot of mayhem for just a "kid."

Police Chief now being interviewed by Piers Morgan just stated that DT was barreling down the road at his officers who had TT apprehended and on the ground. The officers got out of the way. Obviously now it does appear to be intentional and it was the officers who were specifically DT's targets.

MOO
I disagree. Picture the scene : bombs are going off flashing, your eardrums are tingling and ringing, you have been shot, you had just killed a cop, gone through a high speed chase and full blown out shoot out that can only sound like what I would imagine WAR sounds like. In both instances of hearing the gunfights it took my breath away - talk about overkill -- and he got grazed by a bullet after 212 bullets shot at him. Sounds, cant see , flashing lights of all colors, people yelling at you, you just watched your brother get killed, your in pain I am open to the notion that all he was trying to do was get out of there. He was not thinking - he was running.

Yes.

Can you imagine the uproar if there was a religiously motivated "Christian terror attack" and later it was found that the Westboro Baptist Church was behind it? There would be justified anger and outrage.

I'm not a Muslim, but I do know that every single Muslim I know (there are plenty) loudly denounces all kinds of violence and they HATE that their religion gets the blame for things they revile and actively teach against.

Religion isn't behind these attacks as religion doesn't preach terrorism. Radicalism of any kind is behind this kind of stuff. And evil. Evil can take many forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel