Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alleged terror plot thwarted by arrests in Ontario, Quebec

Canadian police and intelligence agencies will announce later today they have thwarted a plot to carry out a major terrorist attack, arresting suspects in Ontario and Quebec, CBC News has learned.

Highly placed sources tell CBC News the alleged plotters have been under surveillance for more than a year in Quebec and southern Ontario.

The investigation was part of a cross-border operation involving Canadian law enforcement agencies, the FBI and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

The arrests Monday morning were co-ordinated and executed by a special joint task force of RCMP and CSIS anti-terrorism units, combined with provincial and municipal police forces in Ontario and Quebec.

The RCMP are expected to hold a press conference Monday afternoon to announce the arrests and provide details of the alleged plot, and give an overview of the extensive police and intelligence operation.

Sources say the alleged plot disrupted by Monday’s arrests was even worse than the bombings and hostage-takings planned by the so-called Toronto 18.

Law enforcement officials say the terror suspects arrested today have no connection to the two brothers accused of last week's Boston Marathon bombings.

They also say there is no tie to the former London, Ont., high school friends who joined al Qaeda and died earlier this year while helping to stage a bloody attack on an Algerian gas refinery.

More to come

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/04/22/pol-terror-plot-ontario-quebec-arrests.html

Are the cultures of the caucuses nations paternalistic? These women in the family don't seem like wilting flowers to me lol.

I think folks are again confusing religion with culture. Just because the family is Muslim, does not mean that they practice Islam the way, for example, it is practiced in Saudi Arabia. Religious practices vary widely from culture to culture.

The wife seems like a "wilting flower" to me. He beat her at least once that we know. He sits in an apartment filled with manly toys...with no sign of anything for his wife or daughter...while she works 70 hrs a week to support the family.

Just wanted to mention that I just happened to be in Walmart yesterday and very coincidentally looked down and there I saw pressure cookers. Price was $25.

The wife seems like a "wilting flower" to me. He beat her at least once that we know. He sits in an apartment filled with manly toys...with no sign of anything for his wife or daughter...while she works 70 hrs a week to support the family.

The culture she was raised in though is American.

And I don't know, is there something weak about working to support yourself and your family? Regardless of her husband, she was a working woman raising a toddler. Doing hard work, too. Doesn't sound weak to me.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2013/04/22/pol-terror-plot-ontario-quebec-arrests.html

Canadian police and intelligence agencies will announce later today they have thwarted a plot to carry out a major terrorist attack, arresting suspects in Ontario and Quebec, CBC News has learned.

Highly placed sources tell CBC News the alleged plotters have been under surveillance for more than a year in Quebec and southern Ontario.

The investigation was part of a cross-border operation involving Canadian law enforcement agencies, the FBI and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

The arrests Monday morning were co-ordinated and executed by a special joint task force of RCMP and CSIS anti-terrorism units, combined with provincial and municipal police forces in Ontario and Quebec.

The RCMP are expected to hold a press conference Monday afternoon to announce the arrests and provide details of the alleged plot, and give an overview of the extensive police and intelligence operation.

Law enforcement officials say the terror suspects arrested today have no connection to the two brothers accused of last week's Boston Marathon bombings.

They also say there is no tie to the former London, Ont., high school friends who joined al-Qaeda and died earlier this year while helping to stage a bloody attack on an Algerian gas refinery.

Alleged plot recalls Toronto 18 case
Sources say the alleged plot disrupted by Monday's arrests was potentially more dangerous than the bombings and hostage-takings planned by the so-called Toronto 18.

That plot was broken up in the summer of 2006, when police arrested 18 people in a massive anti-terrorism sweep in southern Ontario.

Eleven of the 18 were subsequently convicted of aiding the group in various plots, ranging from blowing up the Peace Tower on Parliament Hill and the Toronto Stock Exchange with trucks laden with explosives to beheading the prime minister and other politicians.

The group never got a chance to execute any of its plans before being arrested when one of its members took delivery of what they thought were three tonnes of explosive fertilizer to be used in truck bombs. Undercover agents had replaced the shipment with harmless chemicals.

Four are serving sentences of 18 years to life in prison, while the other seven received terms ranging from 30 months to just over seven years.

More recently, three Canadian citizens were arrested in August, 2010 — two Ottawa men and a London, Ont. doctor — and charged with knowingly facilitating a terrorist activity.

One of them, Hiva Alizadeh, was also charged with possession of more than 50 circuit boards allegedly to be used as remote detonators for bombs.

The cases involving those three have yet to go to court.

As far as I know (I could be wrong), all Federal Criminal cases are sealed, confidential, not public knowledge. They will decide what we need to know before, during, and after trial. Everything must be protected to insure a proper and fair trial.

Some are sealed and I assume this one will either be sealed or have a lot of the information sealed. For normal Federal cases you can get information off from pacer.

No link I just know some people in the federal system.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/metr...71628/19835528/-/item/0/-/i9qh5s/-/index.html

from link ==> In a criminal complaint unsealed Monday in U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is specifically charged with...

one count of using and conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction, namely, an improvised explosive device or IED, against persons and property within the United States resulting in death, and

one count of malicious destruction of property by means of an explosive device resulting in death.

Read Full Federal Complaint
http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/metr...19835528/-/13fun8i/-/index.html#ixzz2RDYQVNmO

http://dailyentertainmentnews.com/w...AR-TSARNAEV-BOSTON-BOMBER-boat-arrest-pic.jpg

This is a very clear visual pic of the boat including a close-up showing blood.

I just read some posters were unable to view pic.

Go to this webpage:
http://dailyentertainmentnews.com/author/miva/

Scroll down to boat pics. It's right after the paragraph "Boston Mayor Tom Menino feared that federal agents never be able to interview Tsarnaev but it seems that investigators may already be making progress."

Sure, lets blame and punish folks receiving public assistance for the actions of these two. :rolleyes:

There is a thread in the political Pavillion for these remarks.
in response to the quoted tweet about let them spend their money, etc ... if the shoe fits, slip it on and strut around in it. regarding the dynamics of the two bombers and their immediate family: section 8 assistance and the largesse of their elderly landlady is what put a roof over their heads. the sisters were taken to court for non-payment of rent. their neighbors were constantly complaining about loud arguments. one sister was arrested for assaulting her BF and he was arrested for possession of pot and money from selling pot was confiscated by LE. the mother was arrested for commercial theft/shoplifting. anyone in THIS family who posts/tweets that those who spend their money will be defeated has a lot of damn gall

Some are sealed and I assume this one will either be sealed or have a lot of the information sealed. For normal Federal cases you can get information off from pacer.

No link I just know some people in the federal system.

Have to have an account with pacer. ;)

Not buying it from a fuzzy video even if I think it should be looked into. When I back the video up to other frames it doesn't look so much like him, e.g., 2:17. I can't tell the guy in the video looks hairy on the chest, but TT was. I do agree it looks a lot like him, esp sideburns, musculature and such compared to the 2010 photo, but the eyes and nose look different to me.

To me, the guy in the video does not look so much like the shots of the suspects at the Marathon:

Naked man was an innocent bystander. He was questioned and soon let go by LE. This had already been discussed by Boston PD.

I thought the car jack victim was dropped off at the 7-Eleven?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
7-11 came before car jacking

Car jack victim was dropped off at a gas station before shootout, he called police. Jacked victims cell phone was still in car and FBI pinged his cell phone to get a location. Car jacked victim was nowhere near the shootout scene.

The poor guy at the shootout scene that will forever be known as "naked guy" was somebody who ended up being in the wrong place at the right time. CNN reported that night he had been released after being questioned.

Naked guy was held as being thought he might be bomber #2.
They had #1 at the scene but not #2.
They stripped him before questioning because #1 had an explosive vest on.

Naked guy was never confused with #1 because #1 was dying on scene but the conspiracy crowd making up videos and photo shopping pics won't let that fact get in the way of a good story...lol

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has been charged in federal court with use of a weapon of mass destruction and malicious destruction of property resulting in death.

The statutory charges authorize a penalty, upon conviction, of death or imprisonment for life or any term of years, according to a statement from the Department of Justice.

Tsarnaev had his initial court appearance today from his hospital room.

Get complete coverage of breaking news on CNN.com, CNN TV and CNN Mobile.

The culture she was raised in though is American.

And I don't know, is there something weak about working to support yourself and your family? Regardless of her husband, she was a working woman raising a toddler. Doing hard work, too. Doesn't sound weak to me.

What sounds weak to me...is supporting your family while your husband cares for a baby in an apartment...that shows not one sign that a 3year old lives there...not a toybox, nothing...while his expensive skis, athletic "toys" make the place a pig sty.

What looks weak to me is tolerating the kind of man who not only does not work, and obviously prefers things for himself over things for his child...but does not even lift a hand to keep the little apartment tidy...so after working 70 hours a week...this woman comes home each night to a pig sty.

Is that the definition of a "strong woman" in some cultures?

They are talking on CNN now about perp's charges

Breaking News: Boston Bombing Suspect Charged

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has been charged in federal court with use of a weapon of mass destruction and malicious destruction of property resulting in death.

The statutory charges authorize a penalty, upon conviction, of death or imprisonment for life or any term of years, according to a statement from the Department of Justice.

Tsarnaev had his initial court appearance today from his hospital room.

Get complete coverage of breaking news on CNN.com, CNN TV and CNN Mobile.

what about murdering the MIT officer and injuring the other MIT officer?

HUH? So now the lawyer makes it sound like the 3yo lived with TT and she didn't? She called to see how the girl was?

That is exactly what that article says.

So, if they toddler lived with the father, who watched her when they were building bombs? Any practice explosions? At the marathon? That person has to know something of some interest, even if they don't know it is of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat