Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is do you think that they will charge him with the murder of his older brother, as if it is true or not, his brother was still alive, just handcuffed
and when he fled the scene, he ran him over, I will go out on a limb here, and say, I do not think for (1) minute, that he planned on killing him, but panic mode set in, for him to run.

I live here in Ottawa, and every thing is fine, but it could have become a real disaster, as here in Ottawa, Ontario, it appears they were going to target our VIA Rails, very frightening!! It has nothing to do with Boston, our radio stations and T.V. Stations keep saying that, so that people will not start to over-react and panic, thinking that The Brother's Group are here in Ontario. Shall keep you up-dated from our Canadian News!

Stay Safe All!!

"The men are not Canadian citizens but police refused to say how they came to be in this country or where they are from originally."

They have named the men in this article. One of the names matches a LinkedIn profile for a guy who is also about 30 (by my calculations) and has been a PhD student there for 2 1/2 years, from Tunisia....I won't link it because it may not be the same guy.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...a-via-rail-train-in-the-greater-toronto-area/

My question is do you think that they will charge him with the murder of his older brother, as if it is true or not, his brother was still alive, just handcuffed and when he fled the scene, he ran him over, I will go out on a limb here, and say, I do not think for (1) minute, that he planned on killing him, but panic mode set in, for him to run.

I don't think it matters, if they want to charge him they can. At least in Georgia if you are committing a felony and someone dies (i.e. your partner gets shot, a bystander drops dead of a heart attack, etc....) they can convict you of murder even though you did not personally kill them.

Maybe you guys could discuss your identification of body parts in that picture using PMs? Just an idea.

Some random thoughts.

I don't like the way most of the interviewed family members come across. They sound like a bunch of paranoid nut cases IMO. Perhaps it is just a cultural thing? The mother's statements about the FBI following her son, calling him on the phone, etc. are ridiculous. If these peoplel are not currently citizens of the U.S. I certainly hope they are not allowed back into this country for any reason. JMO.
-----------------
Re: Suspect #1's name being entered into FBI database spelled wrong

Even simple programs like ancestry.com have the ability to bring up similarly spelled names when you do a search. You mean to tell me the FBI database does not have this ability? Come on, folks.

Also, when doing a manual search, these programs a give the ability to use one or more "wild cards" to substitute letters within a spelling. You mean the FBI is not sophisticated enough to do that during a name search? Especially with a difficult name?
---------------------
The wife of Suspect #1 - father a doctor, mother a nurse
Dear God, imagine sending your daughter off to college and her coming home wearing Muslim garb? And then she's pregnant? Yikes. I feel sorry for the parents.

Years ago, one of my children got involved with an "undesireable" - married man with 3 little kids separated from wife. I, her siblings, and her friends were absolutely non-supportive about the relationship and we never let up. She got out of it after 8 months. Thanks to continued pressure from those who loved her. Thankfully, none of us believed the old adage that if you complain it will make her more strongly attached to him. We kept criticizing and pointing out the obvious drawbacks and problems and it worked.
----------------------
I think the unknown source of money for all the expensive sporting goods, lifestyle, etc. was the sale of drugs. Probably marijuana if the younger one was known as a pothead. And if this is true, there are plenty who know it is true, namely his customers.

Also, wasn't the older one still hanging around on campus even after he was no longer taking any classes? This is a sign of being a drug dealer.
----------------------
I don't think the FBI is as stupid as it sometimes is made out to be in the media. But, I do think they are not going to say much of anything about anything. Are not going to release videos. And if the public doesn't like it, they will put up with being accused of being stupid, inefficient, etc.
---------------------
Suspect #1 being investigated into murders of three men in Waltham. Marijuana sprinkled over the bodies? Hmmm...

Ok a couple things....being a pothead does not mean someone is a dealer.....haven't you ever heard "don't get high on your own supply"

You don't make a whole lot of money dealing weed if you are smoking it too...maybe just enough to break even but not enough to buy all sorts of extra stuff. Also what college kid in America doesn't smoke weed? At least sometimes....especially at a MA state school.....

Also I just want to point out a few things regarding their apparel and seeming to be quite brand oriented.

I will say from my own experience "Russians" tend to be crazy for branded stuff. They go to Istanbul and buy a ton of knock offs at the grand bazaar and load up their suitcases and bring them back to Russia to sell. I have also never seen more fake Burberry then I did when I was in Bodrum, and it was all the scantily clad Russian tourists who were buying it up. So two things...I think it was a bit of a culture thing for them....and I doubt all of it was "real".

So they might not have had as much free flowing dough as is being made out. They just figured out how to make it look like they were "important"

Could someone Open an NEW Thread for the planned terrorist attack in Canada that was thwarted today.

The naked guy was the guy whose car got highjacked. At the point that his arrest happened and this footage was taken, police were trying to figure out exactly what was going on. They didn't know yet who was and who wasn't possibly a bomber.
I was under the impression that the naked guy was the car jack victim.
But just this morning i read that the carjacking victim said they let him out at a gas station. Is this near the shootout scene?

"The victim told police he was driven to a Shell Gas Station on Memorial Drive in Watertown. Inside the car, the brothers "declared to [the victim] that they were the Boston Marathon bombers and would not kill him because he wasn't American," the report said.

When the victim saw an opportunity to flee, he ran to a nearby gas station where he asked the owner to call 911, the report said."
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323735604578437642076883194.html

F...ing serial killer...in our midst????

Boston Bomb Suspect Eyed in Connection to 2011 Triple Murder

http://news.yahoo.com/boston-bomb-s...le-murder-164354976--abc-news-topstories.html

In the wake of the revelations about the violent nature of accused marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev, investigators in the Boston suburbs tell ABC News they are probing whether he may have been involved in an unsolved grisly triple homicide of a former roommate and two others. The murders took place around the tenth anniversary of the September 11 attacks.
"We are looking at a possible connection with the suspect in the marathon atrocity and this active and open homicide in Waltham,'' Stephanie Guyotte, a spokeswoman for the Middlesex County District Attorney, confirmed to ABC News. read more..

"Well duh? The murders took place around the tenth anniversary of the September 11 attacks. "There was no forced entry, it was clear that the victims had let the killer in. And their throats were slashed right out of an al Qaeda training video. The drugs and money on the bodies was very strange," the investigator said"..

Seems, he didn't go to the funerals of said friends

Red Flags! 'See why cases take years to solve, or eventually go cold'?

I was under the impression that the naked guy was the car jack victim.
But just this morning i read that the carjacking victim said they let him out at a gas station. Is this near the shootout scene?

"The victim told police he was driven to a Shell Gas Station on Memorial Drive in Watertown. Inside the car, the brothers "declared to [the victim] that they were the Boston Marathon bombers and would not kill him because he wasn't American," the report said.

When the victim saw an opportunity to flee, he ran to a nearby gas station where he asked the owner to call 911, the report said."
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323735604578437642076883194.html
Yes, I realized I was in error when I read this page:

http://twitchy.com/2013/04/19/water...oting-police-chase-underway-explosions-heard/

He can be seen there with all his clothes on, it was NOT the highjacked car owner.

Couple lived apart

Russell was born and raised a Christian, but she converted to Islam after marrying Tsarnaev. She's an observant Muslim and wears a headscarf, her lawyer said.

Katy -- that's what family and friends call her -- lives with her parents in North Kingston, Rhode Island, and works as a home health aide, he said. "She worked many, many hours."

Their daughter lived with her husband because she worked seven days a week, he said.

"She would go off in the morning, she would work 'til late at night," he said. "She called to see how her daughter was and that kind of stuff, like any person would."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/22/us/boston-suspect-wife/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I was a hospice CNA for 7 years. CNAs are also referred to as home health aides. I know 100+ CNAs, easily, and I've talked about this overtime claim with so many of them the last few days I can't even count. We don't get overtime. They don't like to pay overtime. CNAs will ask for overtime to help pay for an upcoming wedding: no. A single parent needing more income: no. Someone's husband or wife is ill or lost their job, can I get overtime: no. They say they don't want to burn us out but I think it's really to maximize profits, which is their prerogative. I was talking about this with the CNA who walked out my door 10 minutes ago after showering my dad, and she got b****ed out for having 1.40 hours overtime during her last two-week pay period. I do not believe that KT is/was working 70-80 hours per week.

NPR's Laura Sullivan reported Friday on an interview with unnamed women she described as Russell's close friends and college roommates.

"They described Tamerlan as very controlling and very manipulative of their friend," Sullivan said. "They say he was combative and angry. He would often call (Russell) names and insult her. He would call her a *advertiser censored* and a prostitute, and they remember fights that they would get into where he would fly into rages and sometimes throw furniture or throw things."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/22/us/boston-suspect-wife/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Epiph: ...and then she married him?!?!

The thing I think about though is....why is it so easy for these alqueda like organizations to find so many willing participants?

I think they say, the west hates you, the west hates Islam.....then they look around and they see al Qaeda has some truth....our society is not very receptive to Islam .... So then they say ok maybe al Qaeda is right they don't like us....and so the course moves forward because they believe al Qaeda cares more for them then the society they are in.

Yes al Qaeda is a huge problem....but I think part of the reason they are able to recruit people is because we ostracize those we don't understand. They feel they don't belong....and everyone wants to feel like they belong to something....so then they become perfect recruitment material for radical ideas.

We need to change how we treat people, if we want to stop things like this from happening.

No expert, but I think there are similarities to people being in a cult, a gang... they are disenfranchised or vulnerable, like you said, they want to belong to some group. I'm not sure that applies to the two suspects here though except maybe someone helped feed on some rage about their past history. How did it get turned against innocents at a marathon though and not in Russian?

I was a hospice CNA for 7 years. CNAs are also referred to as home health aides. I know 100+ CNAs, easily, and I've talked about this overtime claim with so many of them the last few days I can't even count. We don't get overtime. They don't like to pay overtime. CNAs will ask for overtime to help pay for an upcoming wedding: no. A single parent needing more income: no. Someone's husband or wife is ill or lost their job, can I get overtime: no. They say they don't want to burn us out but I think it's really to maximize profits, which is their prerogative. I was talking about this with the CNA who walked out my door 10 minutes ago after showering my dad, and she got b****ed out for having 1.40 hours overtime during her last two-week pay period. I do not believe that KT is/was working 70-80 hours per week.

Has anyone said she worked for a company? Just wondering if it was a private job or she stayed overnight and/or her job just isn't quite being represented correctly.

My daughter was a home health aide, but not a CNA. She would go to individual homes and sit with disabled children, helping them through their daily routine. In her case you could work for several different companies and work 7 days a week. At one point she worked Mon thru Thru for one company and Fri thru Sun for another. However that did not last long, as she hated not having a day off. I just wonder if the wife was doing something like that in order to work that many hours. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange