Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #9 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SophieRose: Yes, that is what I thought - that police never came to the Cambridge apartment until the next day, Friday.

Which leaves the question as to where the child and the wife were on Thursday night.

-------------------

On another issue, that of Mama in Dagestan being convinced by seeing online video of naked guy at shootout scene and being absolutely convinced that is her son, Older Bomber. She makes statements that she "knows his body" and "would know her child anywhere".

In reviewing the youtube video of the naked guy being put into a police cruiser, it can be seen that the naked man has a well developed upper torso and arms, and also that he is kind of SHORT. He can be clearly seen standing up straight, directly beside the police cruiser right before he bends down to get into the back seat. Look how far above the top of the cruiser his head is...this is not a tall man. Also, look at the length of the back of the leg from knee area down to foot. More of a shorter, compact leg than the long-boned lower leg of a tall person.

The naked guy does NOT appear to be Older Bomber.

I wish the naked guy would voluntarily come forward at this time and say this was him. But he likely doesn't want to out of embarrassment.

Indeed! And good ones.

But I can answer one of them for you:

the uncle who tried to claim TT's body is Alvi Tsarni, also living in Montgomery Village, Md, as uncle Ruslav. Alvi went to Boston and has asked twice that body be released to him, without success.

Link: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ston-marathon-bombings-uncles-family/2113771/

Interesting snippet from that article telling more about the personalities of the brothers:
Tsarni described Dzhokhar, the youngest of four kids, as quiet, nice and happy. He said it was easy for him to be overlooked in the family. Tamerlan was the oldest and his mother doted on him, Tsarni said. There were also two daughters and then Dzhokhar.

That comes as no surprise that the mother "doted" on TT.

SophieRose: Yes, that is what I thought - that police never came to the Cambridge apartment until the next day, Friday.

Which leaves the question as to where the child and the wife were on Thursday night.

Which leaves the question, when did LE know the names of the bombers? Wouldn't LE have been to the Cambridge apt on Thursday if friends/acquaintances had seen the pictures after they were flashed on tv and named them?

entirely setting aside ethnicity and religion, many who knew the family are offering details which portray arrogance, entitlement, and a refusal to respect boundaries. IMO it is not unreasonable to suspect that the father was under-reporting his cash income, or not reporting it at all. the behaviors and attitudes of this particular family stand in stark contrast to those of the uncles

The Tsarnaev family was a neighborhood nuisance, said Rinat Harel, a longtime neighbor.

... the father ... was a constant irritant who regularly threw his trash in neighbors’ recycling bins despite being asked to stop, filled precious spaces in this parking-starved city with cars he was working on, and claimed a 10-minute loading zone as his all-day storage space.

“No matter how many times people told him it wasn’t right, he did it anyway,” Harel said. “It was the difficult behavior of a bully.”

Within four days of landing in their new world, Anzor was busy fixing cars. He told his brother he was making $10 an hour, even $100 a day — almost inconceivable money to a newcomer from Russia.

Anzor obtained cars in bad shape, made cosmetic fixes and then sold those vehicles for a profit. Sometimes, when he needed parts, he would show up at Nissenbaum’s Auto, a nearby parts and repair shop.

Several times, workers said, Anzor went into the parts yard to find a bracket or screw and emerged offering to pay a small sum for a handful of items. But employees would see his pockets stuffed. Confronted, they say, he admitted picking up a few other meager items.

Their landlord, Joanna Herlihy, who lived below them, tried to get the Tsarnaevs to move out, according to two neighbors. Zubeidat sent in rent checks each month, even after she moved back to Russia. But Herlihy had tired of their constant bickering that the rent was too high, neighbors said. And in late January, the Tsarnaevs lost the Section 8 housing voucher that had subsidized their rent ...

... Tamerlan remained friendly toward his shy neighbor, approaching him just after Christmas as they dumped their trash. Tamerlan asked how his neighbor’s holiday had been, whereupon the neighbor asked about Tamerlan’s Christmas.

“Oh, no, I don’t celebrate Christmas,” Tamerlan said. After a pause, he added, “And you wouldn’t either if you knew the real truth.”

In 2009, Uncle Ruslan heard that Tamerlan was no longer applying himself — academically or with work. Ruslan called his nephew, and the conversation quickly grew tense.

“What’s up with you?” Ruslan recalled asking.

Tamerlan responded in religious phrases, speaking about following God’s will. “Inshallah,” he kept saying. “God willing.” To Ruslan, the term seemed superficial, as if his nephew were reciting something learned by rote.

“It’s very simple,” Ruslan told Tamerlan. “To be a good Muslim, start being useful to yourself and your family."

Another uncle, Alvi Tsarni, who also lives in Montgomery County, heard about the tension between Tamerlan and Ruslan and called his nephew. “Why are you doing this?” Alvi asked. “Your uncle is always helping you.” Tamerlan responded aggressively, challenged Alvi to come to Massachusetts and said, “If you’re so brave, we will fight.”

“Tamerlan, you’re nobody to me from now on,” Alvi replied.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/fe...ded-portrait-of-an-immigrants-american-dream/

Do you think he left the child alone in the apartment?

He created bombs to blow up other children (possibly around his child.)
He put the bombs down in a crowd including other children.
He killed one child and maimed many others.
He got into a shootout with police... again endangering more children.

I do not have a hard time believing he may have left the child alone in the apartment.
They weren't gone all day long. They were probably back within 2 hours.
Putting her in a bedroom, with some food, water and toys... like you would a dog.
I can totally see him doing that.

Or even leaving her in the car, while he went and placed the bombs.
I can see either of those scenarios happening. :twocents:

Interesting snippet from that article telling more about the personalities of the brothers:
Tsarni described Dzhokhar, the youngest of four kids, as quiet, nice and happy. He said it was easy for him to be overlooked in the family. Tamerlan was the oldest and his mother doted on him, Tsarni said. There were also two daughters and then Dzhokhar.

That comes as no surprise that the mother "doted" on TT.

No, I am not surprised if TT was the "favorite." TT also looks a lot like the mother, while the younger one looks exactly like the father.

I think I missed something along the line.

What's the importance of who was watching the kid while dad was off creating mayhem?

Is this person a suspected accomplice?

What's the importance of who was watching the kid while dad was off creating mayhem?

They certainly could be, though they wouldn't have to be.
Actually that's one of the reason I don't think there WAS anyone else.
I doubt he regularly asked people to babysit, so that may have just been another red flag.
He could at least try to use his daughter as an alibi if he didn't have a babysitter.

No way defeat turned boxer into bomber, coach says

By Michael Jaccarino

Published April 28, 2013
FoxNews.com

The Boston Marathon bomber’s former boxing coach says his one-time pupil may have been dispirited by boxing setbacks, but that’s no reason for the attacks that killed three people and injured more than 200.
The coach is clear: Don’t blame Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s metamorphosis from a seemingly well-adjusted American immigrant – with dreams of one day representing the U.S. in the Olympics – into a radicalized killer on amateur boxing.

“That’s ridiculous,” Bob Russo, 58, of Portland, Maine, tells FoxNews.com. “You can’t tie the sport of amateur boxing -- that has helped so many immigrants and unfortunate people -- to his transition to radical Islam.
“It’s a reach. It takes more than that. I didn’t look at him that closely, the Facebook stuff and all that. But he just seemed like a typical refugee kid, (when I knew him). It’s a reach that amateur boxing dashed his dreams and caused this tragedy.”

According to The New York Times, Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s transition from a promising pugilist – with a flair for the dramatic – into the Boston Bomber can be traced to two seminal events concerning his boxing career.
The paper reports Tsarnaev won the 2009 New England Golden Gloves Championships for the 201-pound division, progressing to the organization’s Tournament of Champions, held that year in Salt Lake City.

There, Tsarnaev reportedly lost a close decision to the late Lamar Fenner, of Chicago. “It was a close fight, but close is close and you either win or lose it,” Russo tells FoxNews.com. “My opinion was that he had the edge, and most people felt that way, but it wasn’t like they robbed him. I don’t consider it a major robbery.

“As I recall, he was fine, disappointed like everyone else, but fine, and not a bad sport. After he lost, we as a team stayed together and cheered each other on. He was around. He didn’t seem desperately disappointed or crazy, or anything like that.”

The Times reports Tsarnaev again won the New England Championship in 2010, but a rule change enacted by the Golden Gloves that year disqualified him from participating in the Tournament of Champions, or at least until the Russian-born immigrant secured his American citizenship.
“It was a blow the immigrant boxer could not withstand,” writes The Times in a report published Sunday.

However, Russo -- the co-coach of the 2009 New England team and the current director of New England Golden Gloves -- says that he would have made the same decision had he been in charge.

Prior to 2010, the Golden Gloves allowed non-citizens, like Tsarnaev, to participate in the national championship, unless it was an Olympic year. Usually, winning the nationals secured the victor a tryout for the Olympic team on an Olympic year. But the old Golden Gloves policy, says Russo, resulted in confusion, controversy and numerous grievances on the part of both American and foreign fighters.

“It caused problems,” says Russo. “In the years the Golden Gloves would allow [non-citizens] into the nationals, the local guys didn’t want to fight their fighter against them because they felt the non-citizens shouldn’t have qualified in the first place. It was kind of a rule that needed to be cleared up and definitive. Yes or no. The Golden Gloves finally decided ‘no’ because it was causing chaos and confusion.”

The Times reports that following the rule-change prohibiting Tsarnaev from competing in the 2010 Golden Gloves nationals, his life quickly changed, as he became an increasingly fervent advocate of radical Islam.
“Hell no!” says Russo. “He was a typical immigrant kid who was quiet and it takes a while for everyone to fit in and he had a thick accent. I’ve dealt with many immigrants in my career, and they all kind of seem like that. They’re hard working, old school. It’s a huge reach that amateur boxing caused all of this. A huge one.”
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/2...er-into-bomber-coach-says/print#ixzz2RnydkHSH

Which leaves the question, when did LE know the names of the bombers? Wouldn't LE have been to the Cambridge apt on Thursday if friends/acquaintances had seen the pictures after they were flashed on tv and named them?

This is what I have from my timeline Sophie ...

Thursday, 5.20 pm FBI releases images of suspects

Friday, 8.30 am Police formally identify the suspects as brothers Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26 (Suspect One), who subsequently died, and Dzhokhar Tsarnev, 19 (Suspect Two), who remained at large.

IMO, they need to come up with the name of whoever another person was so that it can be verified it was NOT KRT and that KRT was in fact at work as she has apparently claimed.

IMO, they need to come up with the name of whoever another person was so that it can be verified it was NOT KRT and that KRT was in fact at work as she has apparently claimed.
Can't they just call her employer for that info

I too am a mass residents and quite familiar with mass health. The thing is its not quite that simple. Due to the insurance requirements in Ma any business over 5 full time employees are required to provide insurance to employees ... Small business have few employees....therefor theyget crappy rates from insurance companies and pass on hefty costs to their employees. Teachers in a small private school making 25k a year and paying 495 dollars a month in health insurance....when a fidelity employee making over 100k a year can have an insurance rate of under 100 dollars a month for two!...not exactly a fair system despite the fact it is required. And when an employee offers you insurance no matter how epensive it is, you are required to accept that durance, and are ineligible for state insurance. My point is that acquire state insurance means a lot of screening prior, they don't just give it out easily. So I understand the frustration you are describing...but its nt like mass health is given out to everyone who applies. They obviously met soe criteria.

I'm not frustrated at the availability of Mass Health - were I in trying financial circumstances I would accept the insurance with gratitude. I'm glad it's there for people who need it and happy to kick in tax dollars to fund the state systems for those in need. I AM frustrated at the benefits given to the family that apparently hated and killed the people that were working hard to support them, and who hated the system that made their lives easier.

I know there are always those who take advantage of the system, criminals and crooks and killers. It really enrages me that their crimes came from a "hatred" of the system that fed them and cared for their health. A system that adopted them and educated them.

I'm only glad that a) they are now subject to the punishment of that same system, and b) (perversely glad about this, also unhappy about it) TT will end up buried in the land he supposedly hated after his Islamic brethren denounced him and, apparently, played a bit of "hot potato" about their willingness to even perform an Islamic burial. Even Osama was given a more respectful burial.

Hearing more about the wire taps and "radical" conversation between TT and his mother... well... I'm just glad she & the father repatriated and they can enjoy all the benefits their own country has to offer.

This is what I have from my timeline Sophie ...

Thursday, 5.20 pm FBI releases images of suspects

Friday, 8.30 am Police formally identify the suspects as brothers Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26 (Suspect One), who subsequently died, and Dzhokhar Tsarnev, 19 (Suspect Two), who remained at large.

That's the official timeline, but I heard the names on GMA at 7:00 AM Friday morning.

So far we don't know that there was a person watching the 3 year old, only that TT and DT weren't. We know where they were. I think we should soon see KRT coming up with answers to this, though, so that she can show she wasn't aiding him in any terrorist activities. Just a guess.

So far we don't know that there was a person watching the 3 year old, only that TT and DT weren't. We know where they were. I think we should soon see KRT coming up with answers to this, though, so that she can show she wasn't aiding him in any terrorist activities. Just a guess.

It's been almost two weeks now. If she was involved or couldn't come up with an alibi she'd be in custody now.

I was just asking because I thought the whole thing about her involvement had been put to bed last week, then saw it again today and wondered if I had missed something.

It's been almost two weeks now. If she was involved or couldn't come up with an alibi she'd be in custody now.

I was just asking because I thought the whole thing about her involvement had been put to bed last week, then saw it again today and wondered if I had missed something.

I don't think you missed anything. Maybe I did.

Anybody can fall in love with the wrong guy. If she has nothing to do with it all, like I assume, I'd hate for her to go down with the ship, because of TT, KWIM? I really am just hoping she is smart and does everything she can to clear herself, which she may have done already.

I hope that investigators are interviewing everyone that came into contact with the brothers in the days surrounding the bombing in an effort to either discover or rule out the possibility of co-conspirators, accomplices or accessories. Even an innocuous encounter could provide a clue. TT doesn't strike most as the Mr. Mom type. From the first, there have been conflicting reports about TT and KT's living arrangements. All we know is what we've heard from her lawyer and the statements from neighbors. Throw in DT allegedly saying KT called to let TT know he was being sought by authorities, and naturally people are curious about the circumstances. All MOO

That's the official timeline, but I heard the names on GMA at 7:00 AM Friday morning.

Could well be, but Sophie had enquired as to why LE hadn't been to the Cambridge apartment on Thursday, so I was pointing out that the brothers had not been identified on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily