Terry Peder Rasmussen: Media, Timelines, Photos *NO-DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
True ID of ‘Chameleon’ Killer Revealed: Terry Peder Rasmussen

Terrance Peder Rasmussen (left in 1959, center in 1960, right in a 1985 booking photo during which he was going under the name "Curtis Kimball") has been identified as the "Chameleon" killer believed responsible for the death of one woman and three young girls whose bodies were found in barrels in 1985 and 2000 in the same location in New Hampshire. [...]

The “Chameleon” killer butchered women and children, and left an undetermined trail of bodies and mayhem across the United States in the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s.

In New Hampshire, he was Robert Evans, an electrician who apparently killed a woman and three children and stuffed their bodies in barrels in the woods in 1981. He was a drifter named Larry Vanner who conned an unsuspecting woman in the late 1990s in California, before killing and dismembering her, and burying her in a pile of cat litter in her home. In between, he was Gerald Mockerman, Curtis Kimball, Gordon Jenson and other names and identities, with separate birth dates and identifying numbers he could rattle off to police, or victims.

[...]

<modsnip: snipped to comply with 10% copyright rule>

LINK:

True ID of ‘Chameleon’ Killer Revealed: Terry Peder Rasmussen

Very interesting article, thank you for posting.

few quotes:
===
Stiers believes her half-sister’s mother was Asian; she has a memory of her father showing her a map of Southeast Asia.
---
Stiers said she and her siblings have named the little girl. “We call her Anita Moon, after my grandma,” she said. “She’s our sister.”
---
She remembers meeting the younger girl once, but she’s not sure where that was. “I met her in somebody’s house,” she said. “She had pigtails on each side and they stuck straight out.

“I remember her being cute and being shy,” she said. “She was adorable.”

She also remembers her mother was very angry about the child and said she wasn’t really their sister. And she wonders if there are others out there.
---
Stiers moved to New Hampshire in 2012. She didn’t remember coming here before, she said, until she saw the gold dome of the State House. “I was like, ‘Oh my God, I’ve been here,’ ” she said. “Seeing things brought back memories.”
----
But afterward, she said, she visited Bear Brook in Allenstown, and that triggered memories of staying there with her father in a camper when she was little. Her brother and sisters were older and in school, but Stiers said her mother used to take her on road trips in a Winnebago. And one of those trips must have led to Bear Brook.

Stiers said she has “happy memories” of that camping trip, which she figures must have been in 1975 or 1976, when she was just 3 or 4 years old. Her dad was staying in a camper on property adjacent to Bear Brook. The man who owned the property ran a general store there, she said, and she remembers going to the store to get cigarettes for her father.

Her father repaired electronic equipment and sold it at the store. But she remembers the man’s wife was angry that her father wasn’t keeping up with the rent. She thinks her uncle Danny, her father’s brother, was also there, and the two men would drink and take hallucinogenic drugs together, Stiers said.
---
There was a family history of alcohol and substance abuse and mental illness, Stiers said. Her father’s brother had schizophrenia and took his own life in 1978, she said.

If her father committed these crimes, Stiers said, “He probably went crazy. You have to be crazy … to kill a little child.”

Stiers has four children, two boys and two girls. “My kids saw the articles and the stuff on the news about my father and they’re ashamed,” she said. “It’s terrible.”
===

catching the chameleon  bodies found in barrels

Terry Peder Rasmussen was arrested California in 2001 as Curtis Kimball, for killing his common-law wife.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

catching the chameleon  bodies found in barrels

Composite drawings of two unknown victims of Terry Peder Rasmussen, found in 1985.

The remains were placed together in a steel casket in case evidence arose later and they needed to be exhumed for more tests.

The headstone above the grave read: “Here lies the mortal remains known only to God of a woman age 23-33 and a girl child age 8-10. Their slain bodies were found on November 10, 1985 in Bear Brook State Park. May their souls find peace in God’s loving care.”

LINK:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli