TH and potential evidence

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It sounds like a conversation with a guilty 4 yr old..

Who ate the cookies..
I did not eat any cookies.
There is a cookie missing.
I didn't see it..

All the while the 4 yr old has cookie crumbs on his shirt... ;)

Yeah, except we're talking about someone shooting another human being. Has any professional ever analyzed Hobbs' behavior/words and offered any opinions as to whether he suffers from any type of personality disorder?

There is a huge whopping difference between a domestic dispute with a gun and what happened to the three murdered boys. It's interesting that ALL Damien's 'mal acts' before the crime are brushed away by some as 'teenage angst' etc .. yet TH's acts are highlighted so much.

Seriously? A domestic dispute with a gun? He shot a guy. Or the pullet that was in the gun that he happened to be holding shot him. That reminds me of a case on websleuths where media kept reporting the rape and abuse of children as inappropriate contact or something along those lines.

With all due respect, I'd like to get this thread back to the original subject. Namely Terry Hobbs and what, if any, information out there justifies having suspicions about his involvement in these murders.

When one is making an untenable argument and points are being raised to which there is no satisfactory response, the response soon becomes to change the subject to something for which they can rattle on about. In this instance, the subject matter has changed from Hobbs to Damien. Frankly, this is no longer about Damien, or at least this thread isn't. It is about whether or not there is a justifiable suspicion of Terry Hobbs.

Again, no offense, but I've seen this happen time and time again in reading these threads that regardless of the topic at hand.

You know Scott Peterson was convicted on only circumstantial evidence.

Also if Damien was so crazy how could he even stand trial?

I didn't attend the trial and I'm sure anyone here didn't attend either. The testimony given was evidence and it was good enough and believable for 2 juries to convict. Even if you don't want to believe that, the three then give guilty pleas to boot.

Back on Topic:

The fireproof lock box with some very unusual items is of particular interest to some.

• TH Partial Denture
  • 1984 Penny made into a necklace
  • Marble

Q. Do you have a treasure box?
A. I have more than that.
Q. What do you mean by that?
A. I have a treasure box.

Back on Topic:

The fireproof lock box with some very unusual items is of particular interest to some.

• TH Partial Denture
  • Marble

Those are some weird items to have in a treasure box. I wonder why he keeps them, and why he considers them "treasures." Also, why would he have his own partial denture in his treasure box? That's just strange. I don't think that the police have ever gotten access to his dental records. Actually, I think he's denied access to them numerous times when asked, which is odd because Mark Byers was more than willing to give away his dental records.

I didn't attend the trial and I'm sure anyone here didn't attend either. The testimony given was evidence and it was good enough and believable for 2 juries to convict. Even if you don't want to believe that, the three then give guilty pleas to boot.

Ud, what argument are you going to use down the road if a suspended imposition of sentence is handled the same in Arkansas as what I'm familiar with. If that's the case, after 10 years, the truth of the matter will be that the WM3 will have NEVER been convicted of the murders and will NEVER have pled guilty to the murders. At that point, when no one will have EVER been convicted of or pled guilty of the murders, would you then be willing to investigate potential suspects?

Back on Topic:

• TH Partial Denture
  • Marble

I remember when I read that I thought "Holy sh$#!!!! This guy is taunting them." He has more "trophies" hidden somewhere but it's not in that treasure box. I would not be shocked one iota if someday they find another treasure trove hidden somewhere and that it has stuff that is more incriminating than anything we've seen. He was damn near bragging about it and had to catch himself.

I wouldn't be shocked either. I wish they could get a search warrant on his house but by that time he'd probably already have it moved somewhere else.

Yes, the items found in Hobbs' lock box are very interesting. In case one doesn't make the connection, 1984 was the year Christopher, Michael and Steven were born. The marble? Remember what David Jacoby said (in West of Memphis, IIRC) about Hobbs being irritated when Steven was throwing a marble against the house? IMO, these two items could easily be trophies. I guess we can all imagine why Hobbs locked up his partials.

Ud, what argument are you going to use down the road if a suspended imposition of sentence is handled the same in Arkansas as what I'm familiar with. If that's the case, after 10 years, the truth of the matter will be that the WM3 will have NEVER been convicted of the murders and will NEVER have pled guilty to the murders. At that point, when no one will have EVER been convicted of or pled guilty of the murders, would you then be willing to investigate potential suspects?

But, that's never going to happen is it?

The 3 convicted who later plead guilty are the right ones and they will never be exonerated of this horrible crime against 3 children.

They are not the right ones. I respect your opinion but I don't think they are guilty at all. And this thread is about Terry Hobbs and potential evidence, not whether or not you think they are guilty or not.

NC, thanks for the direct answer and not dancing around it.

My follow up question would be, if that is the reason, there would never be a scenario where a further investigation is called for once a conviction or guilty plea is accepted. That presupposes that no innocent man is in prison.

What if the perverbial "smoking gun" were found that undeniably indicates that John Doe was responsible for the murders. Wouldn't that warrant an investigation.

Absolutely. It most certainly would warrant reopening the case and reinvestigating. Right now there is no smoking gun. From the prosecution stand point they have three people that plead guilty for this crime. The case is most certainly closed! Done! Prosecuted and convicted.

Its only still open in the minds of the supporters of these three.

Now, if a smoking gun is found, it should be reinvestigated. If they are innocent, unfortunately they will have to prove it themselves. It is not the prosecutions job to prove them innocent, they have already proved them guilty.

Should Terry Hobbs have been investigated at the time. Absolutely. Should Terry Hobbs be investigated by the police now, absolutely not. From their standpoint it is closed. You don't keep investigating people when you find the perpetrator.

The problem here is that Ellington said that he would investigate any "compelling" evidence. He said that in the Q & A session at The Clinton School shortly after Damien, Jason and Jessie were released. However, apparently he and he alone determines the definition of "compelling!" (Sounds like another Arkansan! Is it something in the water?) I would think that sworn affidavits naming other people as the murders of Christopher, Michael and Steven should be "compelling" enough to warrant investigation.

Other things have been presented, too, although they haven't all been made public, and Ellington hasn't made them public, either. Also, Ellington said that he would run all appropriate evidence through CODIS. To my knowledge, this has not been done, either. It seems a little heavy-handed to me. How can Damien, Jason and Jessie prove their innocence if the only person that can reopen the case, Ellington, refuses to follow up on leads, etc. presented to him by the defense as he requested?!

Right now there is no smoking gun.
That was my impression when I started looking into this case earlier this year, but I've since come to realize there's simply a smokescreen around the smoking gun, as detailed here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back