GUILTY Thailand - David Miller, 24, & Hannah Witheridge, 23, Koh Tao, 15 Sep 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
'The UK’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) is in contact with Miss Witheridge’s family and a consul from Bangkok is travelling to Koh Tao'

'Believed to be a former Langley School student, Miss Witheridge gained a BA in education studies at the UEA before landing a job with Archant in Norwich and later moving to Colchester to study speech therapy at the University of Essex.

Part of her job with Archant in Norwich was to help to run wedding shows across Norfolk and Suffolk. She left the post just over a year ago after being offered the opportunity study for an MA at the University of Essex.

Colleagues at Archant, which publishes the East Anglian Daily Times, spoke of their “unbelievable and total shock”. '

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/updated_...ge_found_murdered_on_thailand_beach_1_3771474

Police have questioned three Burmese migrant workers who they say were drinking near the scene of the crime that night. Now awaiting DNA from Hannah. If it matches, they'll prosecute immediately.

David's friend did not have cuts, according to this. He had 'bruises from a fire' and is no longer under suspicion.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/su...orkers-questioning-connection-britons-murder/

Elsewhere, I am seeing people discussing how emergency workers at the scene were allowed to photograph the bodies and have shared them of Facebook. Nice.

Thanks for this! I'm trying to catch up on the developments since last night. It is very interesting that David's friend is no longer under suspicion. Does this mean that all of the friends David was traveling with (I think he travelled with two friends to the Island, based on early reports anyway)?

I wonder why a murderer would take an item of the victims clothing, but leave the rest. If it were as a token, I'd expect them to take items of her clothing (if a rape did occur).

It is disgusting that people have photographed the bodies and put them on Facebook. No concern for the dignity of the victim, the pain and suffering of their family. Any really, why would it be appropraite for the general public to see these images. They're not in an archive somewhere, they're just shoved into the public domain for all to see.

Edit: I've now seen an article which states that a mobile phone belonging to one of the victims was also found at the home of a suspect. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2756102/Killer-Thai-island-two-English-backpackers-bludgeoned-death-beach.html

The more information I see, the less this makes sense.

We have two victims, both of whom were found naked (or partially naked a some reports state). If the perp(s) murdered David so they could assault Hannah, why would David be stripped? I doubt under any circumstances this would work for any length of time, it would make more sense to hide the bodies rather than leave them in plain view. It sounds like the perp(s) didn't take all of the clothing and personal posessions, so why take bloodied jeans from a victim? It would make more sense for the perp(s) to render David unable to fight back as soon as possible (i.e. by attacking him before he knew what was happening).

Also, we have an image of the 'blood soaked' jeans which don't appear to have any blood on them (not on the front thigh and shin area, or the top of the back area). Sources give different accounts of the location of David's injuries, but all seem to state he was hit on the back of the head and possibly back. From the images of the hoe there was a huge amount of blood. Why would none fall on to the back of David's jeans? Perhaps this is just due to the position he was in when he was hit (lying down perhaps). So, where is the blood on the jeans? If they really were 'blood soaked' wouldn't we expect the blood to have soaked through to the other side, if they had been removed from David after death? If they'd been removed before death and had become 'soaked' (such as blood running into them or splashes) we'd expect the surface area of the blood to be quite big. Also, there are no visible bloody hand prints in the images. It could be that the perp held them in a position we can't see in the image of course. Alternatively, one perp may not have got blood on them. The scene must have been very bloody though. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2756102/Killer-Thai-island-two-English-backpackers-bludgeoned-death-beach.html

We also have alleged CCTV of a blonde victim, but the female in the CCTV seems to have dark hair. I'm assuming Hannah didn't change her hair colour before she went on the trip.

It shouldn't be hard for the victim's friends to determine whether the clothes from the CCTV matched those the couple were wearing when killed. I had read that Hannah was wearing a bikini top and a skirt. In the CCTV the woman looks to be wearing a loose fitting white top and a black skirt of shorts. Presumably she had ber bikini top under the top. I'm not sure about David, other than the reported jeans. You can see distinctive markings on the t-shirt in the CCTV, also a cap and possibly glasses can be seen.

Hopefully their friends and fellow party-goers can verify this is correct.

Just a few thoughts.

Last pic. of couple alive and holding hands.. also shows 1 poi..

"Another image has also been released of a man said to be the prime suspect.

The man - of Asian appearance -was caught on CCTV acting suspicious near the crime scene.

He was seen walking up and down outside a business premises near the beach at around 5am.

However, police continue to follow several leads.

Another British man, said to have been travelling with David, is also being sought in connection with the case"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-murdered-thailand-last-4266439#ixzz3DUj1ISPz
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

"Three male Myanmar migrant workers were held for questioning but ruled out of the probe on Tuesday afternoon, southern regional police commander Panya Maman told AFP. "They were very far from the scene... it was probably not them," he said, adding DNA samples had been collected from the men. He did not give details of any further leads as the manhunt on the small, normally tranquil island stretched into a second day without an arrest "- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/as...-british-tourists-201409#sthash.4C9e1SZs.dpuf

Were they a couple? I didn't get that impression.

"Three male Myanmar migrant workers were held for questioning but ruled out of the probe on Tuesday afternoon, southern regional police commander Panya Maman told AFP. "They were very far from the scene... it was probably not them," he said, adding DNA samples had been collected from the men. He did not give details of any further leads as the manhunt on the small, normally tranquil island stretched into a second day without an arrest "- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/as...-british-tourists-201409#sthash.4C9e1SZs.dpuf

What the?!

In this report the blood soaked jeans were allegedly found at the suspects residence.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...glish-backpackers-bludgeoned-death-beach.html

jmo a holiday romance--- maybe they were laying on beach, getting to know each other, it would of made them an easy target. Very sad.

The more information I see, the less this makes sense.

We have two victims, both of whom were found naked (or partially naked a some reports state). If the perp(s) murdered David so they could assault Hannah, why would David be stripped? I doubt under any circumstances this would work for any length of time, it would make more sense to hide the bodies rather than leave them in plain view. It sounds like the perp(s) didn't take all of the clothing and personal posessions, so why take bloodied jeans from a victim? It would make more sense for the perp(s) to render David unable to fight back as soon as possible (i.e. by attacking him before he knew what was happening).

Also, we have an image of the 'blood soaked' jeans which don't appear to have any blood on them (not on the front thigh and shin area, or the top of the back area). Sources give different accounts of the location of David's injuries, but all seem to state he was hit on the back of the head and possibly back. From the images of the hoe there was a huge amount of blood. Why would none fall on to the back of David's jeans? Perhaps this is just due to the position he was in when he was hit (lying down perhaps). So, where is the blood on the jeans? If they really were 'blood soaked' wouldn't we expect the blood to have soaked through to the other side, if they had been removed from David after death? If they'd been removed before death and had become 'soaked' (such as blood running into them or splashes) we'd expect the surface area of the blood to be quite big. Also, there are no visible bloody hand prints in the images. It could be that the perp held them in a position we can't see in the image of course. Alternatively, one perp may not have got blood on them. The scene must have been very bloody though. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2756102/Killer-Thai-island-two-English-backpackers-bludgeoned-death-beach.html

We also have alleged CCTV of a blonde victim, but the female in the CCTV seems to have dark hair. I'm assuming Hannah didn't change her hair colour before she went on the trip.

It shouldn't be hard for the victim's friends to determine whether the clothes from the CCTV matched those the couple were wearing when killed. I had read that Hannah was wearing a bikini top and a skirt. In the CCTV the woman looks to be wearing a loose fitting white top and a black skirt of shorts. Presumably she had ber bikini top under the top. I'm not sure about David, other than the reported jeans. You can see distinctive markings on the t-shirt in the CCTV, also a cap and possibly glasses can be seen.

Hopefully their friends and fellow party-goers can verify this is correct.

Just a few thoughts.

Perhaps they were nude because they were starting to have sex with each other. The murderer comes from behind, strikes David, who falls on the side, on the pair of the discarded jeans. Then he rapes Hannah and kills her.

jmo a holiday romance--- maybe they were laying on beach, getting to know each other, it would of made them an easy target. Very sad.

This was on Skynews: Mr Miller's girlfriend, Jessy Howorth, said: "My best friend and the love of my life. We were meant to have so much more time together but I'll continue loving you everyday forever."

This was on Skynews: Mr Miller's girlfriend, Jessy Howorth, said: "My best friend and the love of my life. We were meant to have so much more time together but I'll continue loving you everyday forever."

I still think this was a holiday fling of sorts... IMO, they were together on the beach, doing what young people do on vacation! It is just so sad, that they were not in a place where they were safe to be young and free...
May god bless them and their grieving families.

Perhaps they were nude because they were starting to have sex with each other. The murderer comes from behind, strikes David, who falls on the side, on the pair of the discarded jeans. Then he rapes Hannah and kills her.

This is what I thought when I first read the story, it makes most sense considering the injuries of the victims. That wasn't what I was getting at specifically. What I'm trying to figure out is why would a perp take jeans and leave other personal and clothing items at the scene. What was special about them?

If the couple were attacked with the purpose of assaulting the female victim, why take the male victims jeans? Did they want a trophy? If so, you'd expect them to be taken from the female victim rather than the male (perhaps they did take some of her clothing). The jeans could perhaps be a representation of dominance over the male victim.
If not a trophy, I don't understand why the jeans would be stolen over other items. They left the murder weapon at the scene. They possibly left DNA evidence on the victim's body.

Perhaps I'm over thinking these jeans!

I must be a horrible human being, but if my bf were killed while cheating on me, I would most certainly not call him "the love of my life". I would still be mad at him, dead as he may be.

Perhaps I'm over thinking these jeans!

Based on this:

Police sources said police had found a pair of blood-stained jeans and four iPhones - two of which had screens that were cracked - in a search of nine rooms occupied by six migrants yesterday

If the jeans turn out to be his (or hers?), perhaps they were after whatever it was in the pockets, and did not want to stick around/heard someone coming. So they grabbed the pants, and later on, at home, searched the pockets. I think it is a fairly reasonable explanation, if we can ignore the fact that they were brave enough to take their time killing and raping.

Based on this:

If the jeans turn out to be his (or hers?), perhaps they were after whatever it was in the pockets, and did not want to stick around/heard someone coming. So they grabbed the pants, and later on, at home, searched the pockets. I think it is a fairly reasonable explanation, if we can ignore the fact that they were brave enough to take their time killing and raping.

If they turn out to be David's jeans then I think that's probably the case. Grab and run, see what you've got later as you've said. Now that the group of workers who were questionned/searched seem to have been ruled out by police I am thinking they weren't the victims jeans. Hopefully we'll get some kind of information about that and the DNA results soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vmJdK52E6U
This is a CCTV video released by the police showing a single suspect they wish to question.
He is shown running down a street and then an hour later walking down the same road again.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/11099033/Owner-of-Thailand-hotel-shows-where-British-backpackers-stayed-before-murder.html

This is a short video of the hotel where both victims were staying. Not a lot of information given, but it gives you an idea of the hotel and beach area where David and Hannah were staying. It shows (from the outside) David's room and through the door of Hannah's room.

In the video it is stated that Hannah's room looked out directly onto the area where the bodies were found. They were so close to safety :(

Since the very start my theory was that this was a crime of passion.

A VERY jealous person killed David and Hannah.

Since Hannah was the victim who suffered the most serious injuries, her face was totaly destroyed (I have seen the horrific pictures of the dead victims) I believe that the killer saw Hannah as the rival!!!

So if the killer saw Hannah as the rival, the killer was obsessed/ in love with David!

I think we can exclude that some random girl, within days got obsessed/fell in love with David, to a degree that led to this horrific murder.

So who then?

I believe it could be David's friend, his traveler buddy, the british guy who left the island a cupel of hours after the murder.

What if this guy is gay or bisexual? What if he through his and David's friendship had developed strong feelings for David?

David was an extremely attractive guy, also very intelligent, funny, warmhearted, and openminded, and who knows maybe this guy and David at some point on this travel had a physical "experience" ? todays youth often experiment sexually.
Maybe this friend of David's believed that it meant something on a serious emotional level, but for David it was just a funny experience with his friend, and when the friend realized that David was making love to a random girl on the beach he snapped into frenzy rage, grabbed the garden hoe and hit David on the head/the side of the head and Davis's back, while Davis was still on top of Hannah (in the sexual act).
When David was gone, he hit his rival in a total frenzy destroying her face completely UGHHH :(

I do NOT believe that Hannah was raped, I believe that the evidence of sexual activity at the scene only stemmed from the consensus intercourse between Hannah and David.

In the horrific crime scene pictures David is 100% naked and Hannah's bikini-top and skirt had been, bikin-top pulled down to her waist, the skirt pulled up to her waist, so her cloths in a state that in a way could fit David and her having sex.

This theory is of course my speculation only, however I feel, even since the beginning, very strongly that this might have been the case...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes
Back