Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Rescued from Cave, 23 June 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Elon Musk 'pedo guy' tweet like a 'life sentence without parole' says British cave diver

Vernon Unsworth is suing the billionaire over comments made during the Thai football team cave rescue.

Elon Musk and Vernon Unsworth could not have presented more contrasting personalities from the witness box in a Los Angeles courtroom.

skynews-unsworth-musk-trial_4857148.jpg

British diver Vernon Unsworth, arrives at US District Court, Central District of California
Musk, the idiosyncratic billionaire, sometimes brusque, often bumbling, his awkward attempts at charm and humour getting a mixed reception - and utterly dismissive of the allegation against him.
skynews-elon-musk-defamation-trial_4856025.jpg

Elon Musk said his tweets should not be taken literally
The court was rapt as Unsworth, said he felt he had been branded a paedophile by that tweet.

His voice cracked as he described feeling "raw, humiliated, ashamed and dirtied" by the experience. He finds it hard even to read the word 'paedophile', let alone talk about it, he said.

It was "a life sentence without parole", he added, and not even honours from royalty around the world could take away the pain of that feeling. :(
SkyNews

The best quotes from Elon Musk's 'pedo guy' testimony

As Elon Musk takes the stand for the first time in the explosive legal row with the Thai cave rescuer, we dissect his performance

3d19b359154bc7a70ded0a96e96bd33f.gif
A few minutes after lunch on a mild December day in California, Elon Musk, flanked by a cohort of muscly bodyguards, arrived in court. He faced the first round of a bitter defamation battle launched by British diver Vernon Unsworth, who took Musk to court for repeatedly calling him a "pedo guy" on Twitter. But does what Musk actually say in court actually stack up with what happened?

Let's recap:
... While an international team of rescuers worked to bring the boys out, Musk began testing his own idea – a mini-submarine made of rocket parts that could fit a child inside

Musk’s attorney claimed it was an attack on the “genuineness of his efforts” that couldn’t possibly go without a riposte. Musk agreed.
“It was an unprovoked attack on a good-natured attempt to help the kids, and [Unsworth] flat-out lied when he said we were asked to leave”
That's when Musk upped the ante.
“It was wrong and insulting and so I insulted him back”
In reality, much of what Unsworth said, while blunt, wasn’t really incorrect.
The submarine had been designed by Musk and his team with little knowledge of the cave system and its twists and turns. When it arrived in Thailand – it didn’t even fit into the cave entrance.:rolleyes:
Even if it did have a sense of charity at its core, at least part of the plan seemed like just another PR stunt from the man ... just because he could.
And yet Musk reacted badly to Unsworth calling him out in a TV interview. In court yesterday, Musk said that him calling the diver a “pedo guy” on Twitter was an “equivalent” insult to what Unsworth said about him.

Musk also claimed that he had watched the interview with Unsworth multiple times before writing his tweets – an indication that this was not a tossed-off insult but in fact pre-meditated.:cool:
“People say a lot of things on Twitter that aren’t true”
As someone who prides himself on communicating to his almost 30 million Twitter followers directly – even at the risk of being accused of market manipulation – Musk's attempt to trivialise his Twitter escapades enter into tricky territory.

Even with a jury made up of people who don't love Tesla nor follow his antics on Twitter, it's clear this case is going to be hard for Musk.
...the jury could award damages based on the level of Musk’s wealth and importance if they take “punitive” damages seriously.

15bac3ae13be836146412995bec31cb9.gif

The case continues.

Wired

NO GOING BACK Hero Brit cave diver branded ‘paedo’ by Elon Musk fights back tears as he says he’s been handed a ‘life sentence’

CAVE hero Vernon Unsworth told a court he “was given a life sentence without parole” after Elon Musk called him “paedo guy” on Twitter.
NINTCHDBPICT000545196105.jpg

Vernon Unsworth choked back tears as he gave evidence during the high-profile defamation case *
‘BRANDED A PAEDOPHILE’

Unsworth, 64, who said he splits his time between the UK and Thailand, where he has a Thai girlfriend, spoke about the effect of Musk’s remarks.

“I took it to mean I was being branded a paedophile,” he testified.

However, Musk, 48, said the term “paedo guy” was a common epithet in South Africa, where he grew up.

“It’s an insult, like saying mother-effer doesn’t actually mean someone having sex with their mother,” he testified.

NINTCHDBPICT000545196104.jpg

Musk, 48, said the term 'paedo guy' was a common epithet in South Africa, where he grew up
*Credit: Reuters
Musk capped his two-day appearance by acknowledging under questioning that his net worth, mostly from stock holdings in SpaceX and Tesla, ran to about $20 billion.

“People think I have a lot of cash. I actually don’t,” he said. :rolleyes:

Judge Stephen Wilson has said Unsworth’s defamation case hinges on whether a reasonable person would take Musk’s tweets to mean he was calling him a paedophile.

To win his lawsuit, Unsworth needs to show that Musk was negligent in publishing a falsehood that clearly identified him and caused him harm
7a209fda65369b1347fb0dce3bce5511.jpg
:p Apologies it's TheSun
But THOSE court drawings
...seriously *Reuters WTH with the artist?? lol

I don’t keep up much with Musk, but is he known for being so emotionally immature, or is he possibly emotionally unstable?

From what I've seen, he's emotionally immature. Like most other wealthy, powerful men and CEO's, he's arrogant, narcissistic, with a little sociopathy and dishonesty thrown in. He treats his workers badly and likes to say stupid things for attention in interviews. Like most powerful men, he's usually immune to consequences for bad behavior, but he must have made some enemies among his investors & stockholders.

Thanks to Jeffrey Epstein, the topic of sex trafficking of minors is a very touchy topic these days. Elon's loose lips and reckless accusations might make some folks nervous. MOO

I don’t keep up much with Musk, but is he known for being so emotionally immature, or is he possibly emotionally unstable?
c5eaf1a7050f80e654de02e6d0f75da2.png

Elon Musk's five biggest blunders

Love him or loathe him – and there are plenty in both camps – Tesla CEO and serial tech entrepreneur Elon Musk has become a lightning rod for controversy...

The side-effect of a visionary, his disciples may argue, ... A problematic liability, his critics would say, as his laissez-faire attitude has lead to stock drops and court cases.

His latest faux-pas came as the launch of Tesla’s electric "Cybertruck" descended into farce. With the watching public already bewildered by an angular design that looked like a reject from a Nineties video game, an employee then smashed two of the "armor glass" windows with metal balls.

giphy.gif

“At least it didn’t go through,” Musk observed sheepishly.
Predictably, Twitter reacted with ridicule and glee as Musk added to his ever-growing list of gaffes.:D
SpaceX on the brink
Failures and explosions are an inherent – if expensive – risk when it comes to space travel. Only this week, one of SpaceX’s Starship prototypes blew its top. An outcomes the company said was "not totally unexpected".
A spectacular 2016 explosion saw Musk genuinely blaming a gunman shooting his spaceship with a rifle.

1505395625-sep-14-2017-09-25-38.gif
The ‘420’ tweet
It wouldn’t be that last time that Twitter put Musk in hot water. On August 7 2018, Musk tweeted: “Am considering taking Tesla private at $420. Funding secured.”
Smoking weed on Joe Rogan
In his most famous faux-pas, Musk agreed to join comedian Joe Rogan on his wildly successful podcast.

In a bizarre two-hour interview, Musk went into his theory that we are living in a simulated reality. And this was even before Rogan offered him a blunt of what he said was marijuana, on which Musk took a drag.

2hm3nn.jpg
The Azealia Banks feud
In possibly the weirdest celebrity set-to you could imagine, Musk found himself embroiled in a long-running row with American rap artist Azealia Banks
vupsrk7ko8winxwru8un.png

:D And many, many more.
The Telegraph

tenor.gif

Elon Musk's lawyer asks cave explorer to apologize for insulting submarine

Vernon Unsworth, who assisted in the Thailand cave rescue, had deemed Musk’s miniature submarine a ‘PR stunt’

Elon Musk’s attorney pressured a British cave explorer to apologize for criticizing Musk’s miniature submarine, in the third day of Vernon Unsworth’s defamation trial.

“Do you believe Mr Musk is so cold-hearted that he was sending over this sub with no regard for the children’s lives?” Bill Price asked Vernon Unsworth in a Los Angeles federal court on Thursday. :eek:Are you willing to apologize to Mr Musk for saying that it was just a PR stunt?”

source.gif

Unsworth,... declined.

“My insult was to the tube and not to Mr Musk personally,” Unsworth said. I’m not sure how I need to apologize. It was my opinion at the time and I stand by that opinion.”

Additional questioning appeared designed to undercut Unsworth’s claim to have suffered emotional distress over Musk’s words. After it was established that Unsworth had not mentioned such distress in many thousands of text messages exchanged over months with a half-dozen friends,:confused: the 64-year-old said: “I very rarely talk to my friends about my emotional issues, certainly not in text messages. I bottle it up.”

;)~He's British!

Further questions addressed Unsworth’s involvement with various film and book projects about the cave rescue. Unsworth said that he briefly engaged an agent and hoped to sell his story for a substantial sum, as others involved in the rescue have done, but none of the projects materialized.

Unsworth did assist with three book projects for free, including a children’s book, and was paid a total of £2,600 ($3,400) for appearing in two documentaries, he said. Unsworth works as a financial consultant and earns approximately £25,000 annually, he testified.

:D I'm actually...Speechless!

The Guardian

British diver refuses to apologize to Elon Musk for calling his plan to rescue Thai boys from cave a 'publicity stunt', which prompted Tesla CEO to call him a 'pedo guy', as he sues billionaire for defamation

Cave rescue hero Vernon Unsworth refused to apologize to Elon Musk for calling the billionaire's plan to use a mini submarine to save 12 Thai boys trapped in a cave a 'publicity stunt,' a court heard on Thursday.

The British native, 63, denied he attacked Musk and insisted his remarks were directed at Musk's submarine, not the entrepreneur.

Unsworth was questioned by Musk's attorney, Bill Price, who asked him: 'You knew when you did the interview that if you attacked Mr Musk, it would make headlines, right? :cool:

'I did not attack Elon Musk,' Unsworth responded.

Price played a video in court of Unsworth's CNN interview in which he criticized Musk's submarine plan

Weren't his remarks 'an insult to Mr. Musk?' Price asked.

'My insult was to the tube (mini-sub), not to Mr. Musk,' replied Unsworth. I believed at the time that it was a PR stunt.'

Price questioned whether all those offers and accolades are an indication that his wealthy client's 'pedo guy' insult has not defamed Unsworth as much as he's claiming.

'Nobody has ever come up to you and said, 'I think you are pedophile, right?' asked Price. :confused:

'Not to my face, no,' replied Unsworth. 'I don't know what people are thinking though.'

During his own testimony on Wednesday, he said: 'People think I have a lot of cash. I actually don't.' He earlier told the courtroom that he works 'for free'.

84b1f549b0686e48bc4cc090dcb55fbfd921aded792a6f6ab9cde702ba574ae7.jpg
However, Musk had $50,000 at the ready to hire a private investigator to dig up dirt on Unsworth, offering a $10,000 bonus if he could find proof of 'nefarious behavior'.

:D
I've said before & I'm gonna say it again (& again no doubt)

Musk is an IDIOT!

DailyMail

From what I've seen, he's emotionally immature. Like most other wealthy, powerful men and CEO's, he's arrogant, narcissistic, with a little sociopathy and dishonesty thrown in. He treats his workers badly and likes to say stupid things for attention in interviews. Like most powerful men, he's usually immune to consequences for bad behavior, but he must have made some enemies among his investors & stockholders.

Thanks to Jeffrey Epstein, the topic of sex trafficking of minors is a very touchy topic these days. Elon's loose lips and reckless accusations might make some folks nervous. MOO
Thank you, he sounds like quite a strange guy to me.

Hey we all have our quirks, right? I honestly don’t know what to think.

Thank you, he sounds like quite a strange guy to me.

Hey we all have our quirks, right? I honestly don’t know what to think.

Personally, I hate that this ego grab by two adult men is soiling this remarkable rescue feat that many of us here kept vigil.

I was with you on not knowing what to think so I read both Vernon Unsworth's 66 pg complaint and Elon Musk's response to the complaint and I think they both acted like bullies and need to grow up.

In reading the documents, I learned that Musk became involved after a random individual from Africa sent a public tweet to him on July 3 asking Musk to assist any way he could to help rescue the Thai boys and their coach out of the cave. Musk responded to the tweet at 7:02 AM on July 4 -- stating he suspected the Thai govt had it under control but was happy to help if there was a way to do so.

I don't know much about Musk but I do know engineers and was not surprised whatsoever to see a number of tweets by random engineers that followed -- complete with sketches and design ideas for a cave rescue vessel.

Further inspired by others, I learned Musk contacted Thai govt to offer any assistance needed for the rescue from emergency power supply, boring equipment, to designing a rescue vessel. It was clear Musk's offer to help was graciously accepted before he sent a crew of his staff to Thailand to obtain knowledge about the caves directly from the divers at the scene (plaintiff was never at the cave scene). In a matter of days -- about 50 men and women designed and built 3 different pods-- working round the clock while most were enjoying an extended holiday weekend.

While testing the pod in a swimming pool, the rescue of the first boy occurred. At this news, Musk asked if they should still send the pod and was asked to do so as rescuers believed the weather or unknown failures could change the course at any moment.

In the end, sedating the boys and taking them out of the cave one by one was successful. Nonetheless, the Thai govt and rescuers asked to keep the pods for their own research and design use.

I'd never seen the CNN interview with Vernon Unsworth until recently. As a fellow Brit, I was appalled by his cheeky opening comment about Musk. It appeared to me by his smirks and shrugs he was certainly enjoying his behind the scenes fame (he was not a cave diver rescuer). Unsworth also made comments that Musk was asked to leave that were untrue, and does not dispute they were untrue in his court filings.

While I think Musk wanted to respond to Unsworth's criticism on behalf of his team that worked so hard knowing the lives of several children were at stake, I think he lost it when Unsworth's opening remark on an international broadcast was for Musk to shove the mini-submarine up his *advertiser censored*. IMO, that comment was clearly responsible for this entire ordeal.

No excuse for Musk's "pedo-guy" tweet which from the records was immediately deleted and Musk apologized. Although I don't think Unsworth has unclean hands here, I agree he should be compensated if he can prove damages.

Elon Musk sued over 'pedo' tweet - CNN Video

Last edited:
...I'd never seen the CNN interview with Vernon Unsworth until recently. As a fellow Brit, I was appalled by his cheeky opening comment about Musk. It appeared to me by his smirks and shrugs he was certainly enjoying his behind the scenes fame (he was not a cave diver rescuer). Unsworth also made comments that Musk was asked to leave that were untrue, and does not dispute they were untrue in his court filings.

While I think Musk wanted to respond to Unsworth's criticism on behalf of his team that worked so hard knowing the lives of several children were at stake, I think he lost it when Unsworth's opening remark on an international broadcast was for Musk to shove the mini-submarine up his *advertiser censored*. IMO, that comment was clearly responsible for this entire ordeal.

No excuse for Musk's "pedo-guy" tweet which from the records was immediately deleted and Musk apologized. Although I don't think Unsworth has unclean hands here, I agree he should be compensated if he can prove damages.

Elon Musk sued over 'pedo' tweet - CNN Video

Respectfully that's not true!
Vernon Unsworth was most definitely an integeral part of the whole rescue operation.

British caver Vernon Unsworth knows the Tham Luang caves better than anyone and played a crucial role in the rescue.

Mr Unsworth was the first foreign rescuer at the scene and played a crucial role in saving 12 Thai boys and their football coach.

He spent years exploring the Tham Luang cave system where the boys were trapped for 17 days — meaning he had expert knowledge that was vital to the rescue.

Sun

"In fact Mr Unsworth was one of the leading figures in the rescue operation and had spent several years mapping and exploring the caves where the children, 12 boys and their coach, were trapped."

The Telegraph

A summary of the Tham Luang Rescue
This basic timeline of the Tham Luang rescue

Sunday 24 June 2018
At midnight the Governor of Chiang Rai, Narongsak Osatanakorn, is informed of the trapped party and he arrives at the cave at 01:00.
At 02:00 locally based British caver Vern *Unsworth is called out and along with 22 members of the Sirikorn Rescue Unit they enter the cave. *
...Unsworth informs Rob Harper and Martin Ellis, who are in the UK about the rescue.
Narongsak, who is in charge of the rescue operations, requests help from the Thai Navy

Tuesday 26 June 2018
In the evening Unsworth hands Narongsak and the Tourism Minister, Weerasak Kowsurat, a handwritten note with the three British cave diver's names and forcibly points out they need to be called out as soon as possible if the Wild Boars are to stand any chance of being rescued...
Harper, Stanton and Volanthen are mobilized to Thailand that evening by the British Cave Rescue Council (BCRC).

Wednesday 27 June 2018

The cave floods causing rescuers to retreat from Chamber 3 to Chamber 2.

19:30 Harper, Stanton and Volanthen arrive at Tham Luang. They go straight to the cave with Unsworth, but it is flooding quickly and they are unable to get to
Chamber 3

Thursday 28 June 2018
... By the evening the cave is sumped 200m from entrance - between the entrance and chamber 2
Harper and Unsworth conduct a surface search at Pha Mi, above the Monk's Series, and find two shafts.

Friday 29 June 2018
...At Pha Mi, Harper and Unsworth investigate of the shafts found on 28 June, leaving the other to a police general.

Saturday 30 June 2018
...Harper, Unsworth & Volanthen visit Sai Thong resurgence.

Friday 6 July 2018
12:00 Stanton, Volanthen, Jewell and Mallinson to cave with Unsworth and Chiang Mai based cavers..
18:20 Unsworth, Wild and Add into cave with 3 USAF
etc. The USAF team hadn't been in a cave before...
21:00 Unsworth, Wild and Add back from cave with the dive kit.

Saturday 7 July 2018
14:45 Unsworth and Mitchell back from cave...

Monday 9 July 2018
11:25 Chiang Mai climbers and Unsworth enter cave to operate the highlines...
5:33 Wild Boar 5 in chamber 3
16:29 Wild Boar 5 out of cave
17:23 Wild Boar 6 in Chamber 3
17:34 Wild Boar 7 in Chamber 3
18:10 Wild Boar 8 in chamber 3
18:23 Wild Boar 6 on surface.
18:30 Wild Boar 7 on surface.
Based on the tally board at the entrance between 200 and 250 people are in the cave for the rescue, but only 12 divers go upstream of Chamber 3...

19:30 Wild Boar 8 on surface
19:39 Chiang Mai climbers and Unsworth back from cave.
21:00 Divers meeting for tomorrow's rescue. Weather forecast is OK until midnight.

Tuesday 10 July 2018
02:00 Elon Musk and his team visit the cave to Chamber 3, but without the rescue pod

08:00 arrive at Tham Luang in the rain. . **Today is probably the last weather window, and it isn't a big window.**
09:00 Diver's briefing. Also a separate large briefing for the Thai support

15:16 Wild Boar 9 in chamber 3
15:36 Wild Boar 10 in chamber 3
16:15 Wild Boar 9 out of cave.
16:20 Wild Boar 11 (the smallest) in chamber 3
16:36 Wild Boar 10 out of cave
16:37 Wild Boar 12 is detected on the dive line
17:00 Wild Boar 12 can no longer be felt on the dive line
17:04 Wild Boar 11 out of cave
17:49 Wild Boar 13 in Chamber 3
18:02 Wild Boar 13 in Chamber 3 with Dr Harris and Jewell.
18:53 Wild Boar 12 in the hospital and Wild Boar 13 at cave entrance

20:46 Chiang Mai rope access and Unsworth out of cave
21:00 Two Thai military from Chamber 9 are in Chamber 3.
21:02 Third Thai military from Chamber 9 in Chamber 3
21:10 Fourth and final Thai military diver from Chamber 9 back in chamber 3.

Wednesday 11 July 2018
10:00 At the cave to pack up the kit.
13:00 Leave Tham Luang

Caves & Caving in Thailand

I'm absolutely disgusted! :mad:

giphy.gif
So now I guess the floodgates are open as this says 'Freedom of Speech' means it's o.k. for anyone to 'publish' blatantly lies, insult & make whatever accusations about whoever's butt-hurt you without any evidence whatsoever? :confused:
Or is it only the supa-rich??

This is really o.k.? :cool:

Elon Musk and the Thai cave rescue: a tale of good intentions and bad tweets

July 10: All 12 Thai players are rescued — without Musk’s submarine

The last of the Thai players was successfully pulled from the cave on July 10...

Musk cheered the rescuers following the mission’s success. The mini-submarine was not ultimately used.

This is where things started to sour:

While Thai rescuers praised Musk’s technology, some said it wasn’t “practical” for their plans. “Although [Musk’s] technology is good and sophisticated, it’s not practical for this mission,” *Narongsak Osatanakorn*, the head of the joint command center overseeing the operation, told the Guardian.

Musk quickly hit back at *Osatanakorn,* noting that he was “not the subject matter expert,” and expressed doubts about his credentials, according to The Guardian.

Musk added that Osantanakorn was “inaccurately described as rescue chief.”

July 15: Musk deems British rescuer a “pedo”

All of that brings us to the explosive “pedo” comment.

Seemingly out of nowhere, he then called Unsworth a “pedo guy” — accusing him of being a pedophile.

“We will make one of the mini-sub/pod going all the way to Cave 5 no problemo. Sorry pedo guy, you really did ask for it,”
he wrote in a since-deleted tweet.

;)
pedo-3.jpg
This got overwhelming pushback, with many Twitter users arguing that calling someone a pedophile is a serious allegation that can’t just be lobbed as a casual insult.

Musk later responded to some of this criticism by writing simply,

“Bet ya a signed dollar it’s true."

Screenshot-2018-07-15-22.27.01.png
July 18: After much consternation over the “pedo guy” comment, Musk apologizes

Following the blowback, Musk begrudgingly apologized to Unsworth about his “pedo guy” remarks and said they were made “in anger,” given the negative reactions to his “act of kindness.”

VOX

Elon Musk doubles down on 'pedo' claims against UK cave diver
29th August 2018

Musk was responding to another critic on Twitter on Tuesday when he appeared to reaffirm the accusation.

“You don’t think it’s strange [Unsworth] hasn’t sued me? He was offered free legal services,” he wrote.

“Did you investigate at all? I’m guessing answer is no. Why?” he wrote in subsequent tweets that are still online.

DltuXlkU8AA7dXy.jpg
Musk made the new comments despite reportedly receiving a letter from Unsworth’s lawyers earlier this month notifying him that they were preparing a civil complaint for “false and defamatory” statements by the entrepreneur.

“You published through three different tweets to your 22 million followers that Mr Unsworth engages in the sexual exploitation of Thai children, and you did so at a time when he was working to save the lives of 12 Thai children,” Unsworth’s lawyer, L Lin Wood wrote, according to BuzzFeed News.

“You did so without any basis. According to a subsequent Twitter post, you did so out of anger.”

He has never presented any evidence for the allegation nor claimed to have any. He apologised for the remark last month after Unsworth threatened to sue, Tesla shares dived and the company’s investors issued an open letter demanding Musk apologise.

The Guardian

:D
Elon Musk claims British cave rescue hero is a 'child rapist' in shocking and unsubstantiated new rant
September 8th 2018

In bizarre claims, the Tesla CEO also accuses Vern Unsworth of moving to Thailand to take a child bride aged "about 12"

Billionaire tycoon Elon Musk has labelled a hero British diver involved in the Thai cave rescue a "child rapist" in yet another shocking rant.

The Tesla CEO's unsubstantiated claims comes just weeks after he called diver Vern Unsworth "pedo guy" in an astonishing Twitter attack.

He later issued an apology after the earlier rant sparked a huge public backlash, as well as threats of a lawsuit from a furious Mr Unsworth.

But in a new expletive-ridden email, which surfaced last night, he reignites his baseless attack on the diver..

As well as calling Mr Unsworth a "child rapist", Mr Musk accuses him of moving to the Asian country to take a child bride aged "about 12 years old".

MIRROR

:( I just...despair.

I like Elon Musk. He is a brilliant genius, which is why he seems so weird. He probably shouldn't have tweeted those things, but it is only because he has money, that he was sued.

Some say he gets away with it because he is rich, others (me) says he gets sued because he is rich, and someone and their attorney is looking for a big pay day. Now Elon can get back to the important business of sending supplies to the ISS.

imo...of course.

Los Angeles Jury Finds No Defamation In Elon Musk's 'Pedo Guy' Tweet

Dec 6, 2019

A federal jury in Los Angeles Friday found that Elon Musk did not defame a British cave explorer when he called him a "pedo guy" in a tweet last year.

The explorer, Vernon Unsworth, 63, had participated in the dramatic rescue of 12 boys and their soccer coach who had been trapped in a Thailand cave. Afterwards, Unsworth dismissed a plan by Tesla chief executive Musk to rescue the boys using a miniature submarine as a "PR stunt." Musk responded calling Unsworth a "pedo guy."

Unsworth said the term was meant to label him as a pedophile and filed a lawsuit seeking $190 million dollars in damages. The jury of five women and three men deliberated for less than an hour before deciding that Musk had not defamed Unsworth.

[..]

Musk also testified that his tweet was provoked by Unsworth who had said of the Tesla CEO's rescue plan "he can stick his submarine where it hurts."

[..]

But ultimately Unsworth's lawyers failed to convince the jury that Musk had defamed their client.

Jury foreman Joshua Jones said Unsworth's team spent too much time on emotional aspects of the case and not enough on the hard evidence.

Respectfully that's not true!
Vernon Unsworth was most definitely an integeral part of the whole rescue operation.
^^sbm

Sorry if your misunderstood my post. Vernon Unsworth was most definitely integral with the planning, preparation and logistics of the rescue but he was NOT one of the 5 Navy Seals or one of the 13 rescue divers that extracted the boys from the Tham Luang cave.

Ultimately, Unsworth failed to prove at trial that he had been defamed.

Last edited:
..Some say he gets away with it because he is rich, others (me) says he gets sued because he is rich, and someone and their attorney is looking for a big pay day. Now Elon can get back to the important business of sending supplies to the ISS.

imo...of course.
This wasn't about money!
A proper honest apology long ago would have prevented any court case.

Being repeatedly accused of being a 'PEDOPHILE' & a 'CHILD RAPIST' :confused:publicly by someone with 20 Million 'followers' is not a joke or 'just' a childish name-calling spat.
You really think it's o.k. to accuse any innocent man of that knowing it's NOT TRUE? Wow

The guy voluntarily risked his life to save the lives of those 12 trapped CHILDREN
That Is All!

He should NEVER have been put in this position...It is NOT right.

But yeah it's o.k. coz it's Elon?!

Obviously he can do what he likes as he has MUCH more important things to do than waste his time saving kids lives (pro bono) :rolleyes:

Let's hope any 'supplies' can still manage to navigate thru all that space junk up there, that's also interfering with NASA's monitoring & detection sytems, to make it to the ISS safely.

Elon Musk’s Starlink internet satellites could hide killer asteroids, astronomers warn

KILLER asteroids capable of wiping out entire cities may soon be harder to spot due to a horde of satellites that Elon Musk is hurling into space.
DD-COMP-SATELLITE-JUNK-story-3.jpg
The South African billionaire’s Starlink project aims to set up a mega-constellation of internet-beaming spacecraft

Sun
Starlink Satellites Totally Bombed The Footage of That Rare 'Unicorn' Meteor Shower
The ambitious SpaceX project to launch up to 42,000 satellites and provide worldwide internet access has the International Astronomical Union, scientists, and stargazers nervous about the implications of such a huge number of satellites in our orbit.
HR000D_20191125_captured_stack.jpg

Buzet, Croatia
The recent Monocerotid meteor showers did nothing to calm down the critics, after a large train of satellites photobombed the natural display in the early morning over a number of days last week.
IT0001_20191125_captured_stack.jpg
Farra Observatory, Italy
"It was a real eye-opener," Bill Cooke, the lead of NASA's Meteoroid Environment Office told Space Weather, after he saw the video.
"This kind of thing could force us to change how we write software to auto-detect meteors."
RU000F_20191125_captured_stack.jpg
Cherkessk, Russia

One has to be concerned how will our skies look like when hearing that there are plans to launch a total of 42,000 satellites," University of Western Ontario meteor researcher Denis Vida

ScienceAlert

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shirleymae
Back