Thailand - Simon Robinson, 27, UK National, failed to board his flight home, Bangkok, 27 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This large airport must have videos of passengers boarding the plane and verification of passport and ticket use.
Did he check-in electronically, so there's some question about whether he boarded the Helsinki flight? When was his ticket changed from UK to Helsinki? Was it at the same time that he changed the flight return date?

His bank records must explain some of this.

Last edited:
From appearances, it seems like he took action to end his visit to Thailand short. He alerted people he was leaving. And, he did indeed get on a flight, but not to UK.

So, I'm wondering if he took the first available flight to a European country just to get out of Thailand, or he if really wanted to go to Finland.

I watched Serpent on Netflix years ago - very good binge series! The clothes in themselves are worth watching. :) Stylish!

jmo
It stands out for me that he landed, and almost immediately arranged to leave early, but not so early that he didn't plan a couple of days vacation.

I'm curious whether he boarded a flight to Helsinki, or whether it is staged to look like that. It will be determined what happened, but by then too much time might have passed to locate Simon. If he changed his flight to Helsinki, then I agree - it looks like he wanted the first flight out.

I'm also curious whether something happened when he landed in Thailand. It looks like he decided quickly that there was nothing for him in Bangkok. Rescheduling his return flight from August 3 to July 26 meant cutting 9 days from a 12 days vacation. Why?

Why would he fly to Helsinki?

If he changed his flight and was headed to the airport why choose to go to Helsinki rather than take his flight home?

It makes no sense.

MOO
Because Helsinki put distance between him and Thailand? That's what I'm thinking at the moment. He wanted OUT of Thailand and wanted out fast - and maybe that was the first flight he could board.

Of course, that's just a guess.

jmo

Last edited:
Because Helsinki put distance between him and Thailand? That's what I'm thinking at the moment. He wanted OUT of Thailand and wanted out fast - and maybe that was the first flight he could board.

Of course, that's just a guess.

jmo
That is one possibility. From what Ive read, some officials said he hadnt left Thailand, and some said he did. If it is now confirmed he did board the flight, I assume all officials are in agreement with that, and that it wasnt someone else boarding in his place instead. And why hasnt Simon contacted anyone he knows is another question.

That is one possibility. From what Ive read, some officials said he hadnt left Thailand, and some said he did. If it is now confirmed he did board the flight, I assume all officials are in agreement with that, and that it wasnt someone else boarding in his place instead. And why hasnt Simon contacted anyone he knows is another question.
Has it been confirmed that he flew from Thailand the Helsinki? I quoted/ linked upthread that family reported that police were looking into the possibility that he flew to Helsinki on July 26.

Is there an update?

There are some serious missing pieces here. It makes a pretty damn big difference as to whether he got on a plane or is still in Thailand.. Need to button that up quickly.
It makes a difference whether he planned to meet someone in Thailand, or was on a solo vacation. His expenses will reveal whether he ate for one or two.

Lots of pieces missing. Did something happen when he landed, or was all well until July 26 when his phone switched off outside the airport? If all was well when he landed, why did he cut his vacation from 12 days to 3 days?

When did he reschedule his return flight?

Has it been confirmed that he flew from Thailand the Helsinki? I quoted/ linked upthread that family reported that police were looking into the possibility that he flew to Helsinki on July 26.

Is there an update?
For now, I'm considering the Helsinki flight a possible theory.

It would mean it was actually him on the flight. I would assume he booked the flight through his phone, but if he turned it off, not sure about that. Though, I suppose you could put the phone on airplane mode/turn off wifi, but have the boarding pass on your screen??

Of course, it's possible he's still in Thailand.

For now, though I'm leaning toward the theory he did get on the plane. Speculation only.

jmo

Snipped & BBM...
...His phone was detected in Bangkok, but was switched off with no attempts made to contact friends or family. His sister Sarah has told the M.E.N is now being investigated that he may have caught a flight to Helsinki instead of back to the UK.

For now, I'm considering the Helsinki flight a possible theory.

It would mean it was actually him on the flight. I would assume he booked the flight through his phone, but if he turned it off, not sure about that. Though, I suppose you could put the phone on airplane mode/turn off wifi, but have the boarding pass on your screen??

Of course, it's possible he's still in Thailand.

For now, though I'm leaning toward the theory he did get on the plane. Speculation onl

Snipped & BBM...
...His phone was detected in Bangkok, but was switched off with no attempts made to contact friends or family. His sister Sarah has told the M.E.N is now being investigated that he may have caught a flight to Helsinki instead of back to the UK.

Maybe he decided to go to Finland for the duration of his holiday instead, although it seems odd. Regardless, it has been 10 days without any contact back home!

Why would he fly to Helsinki?

If he changed his flight and was headed to the airport why choose to go to Helsinki rather than take his flight home?

It makes no sense.

MOO

Maybe he booked a connecting flight which changed in Helsinki? Particularly, if he booked it at the last minute and there were limited options available.

Maybe we should be asking why he didn't want to go home to Skegness...
There is no indication that Simon didnt want to go home as such. Rather, that he wanted to leave Bangkok early. Whether that was to go on to another destination or not, is all up in the air and there is not a heck of a lot to go on here! Hopefully he is ok.

There is no indication that Simon didnt want to go home as such. Rather, that he wanted to leave Bangkok early. Whether that was to go on to another destination or not, is all up in the air and there is not a heck of a lot to go on here! Hopefully he is ok.
YES, it's true. We don't know. I said MAYBE, as in maybe he didn't want to go to Helsinki as much as he didn't want to go home. We have no idea.

So where is Simon & if he is safe, why does it seem he hasn't contacted anyone?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back