Thailand - Simon Robinson, 27, UK National, failed to board his flight home, Bangkok, 27 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He went to Thailand on July 22, arrived July 23. Soon after arrival, he re-schedule his return flight from August 3 to July 26. He arranged to leave 3 days after arrival. Why?

We assume that his re-scheduled return flight was for the UK, but if the re-schedule was made late and he wanted the first flight out, it might have been a Helsinki flight.

Question is - did he get on that plane to Helsinki? When did he first re-schedule his flight, and for what destination?

Then why not come forward when he's been missing since July 26, 10 days. People are worried.
IMO LE wants to find the person from the CCTV because they believe that person to be more than just a witness. Just my guess. JMO.

Why would he fly to Helsinki?

If he changed his flight and was headed to the airport why choose to go to Helsinki rather than take his flight home?

It makes no sense.

MOO
Did he go to the right airport? There are two airports in Bangkok. The largest is the Suvarnabhumi Airport. It handles most of the international flights. There is also one called Don Mueang Airport which handles most of the low cost airlines, both international and domestic.

IMO LE wants to find the person from the CCTV because they believe that person to be more than just a witness. Just my guess. JMO.
Is there CCTV of Simon Robinson anywhere? Is there CCTV of anyone passing themselves off as Simon?

ETA
0_Screenshot-2024-08-05-at-143249.jpg
Bringing the location forward

1722920388314.png

Like all major world airports there is a multitude of transport around/to the airport: a metro line with a station under Suvarnabhumi Airport, airport transfer buses from Bangkok and other nearby towns that are popular with tourists ie: Pattaya. Taxis, of course, which are cheap and plentiful. Private car transfers. The options are endless.

He could also have been staying in a hotel near the airport, there are many many options around that area.

There is also at least one mall very close to the airport. It's popular with passengers - has lots of food options, a great Thai massage and plenty of space to walk around. It's great for those who have to check out of their hotel in the morning but whose flight is later in the day. The yellow road I highlighted is the only entrance into the airport.

View attachment 522439

It may be useful to know WHERE the phone ping originated but of course that will only identify the tower, not the very specific location. At least that's my layman's understanding.

Finally - it's also possible the phone was not in his possession, if something untoward has occurred.
Bringing this forward as well

1722920697060.png

Is there CCTV of Simon Robinson anywhere? Is there CCTV of anyone passing themselves off as Simon?
I would think there would be CCTV footage of him at the airport at some point. There just seems to be little information on this missing person in general.

It stands out for me that he landed, and almost immediately arranged to leave early, but not so early that he didn't plan a couple of days vacation.

I'm curious whether he boarded a flight to Helsinki, or whether it is staged to look like that. It will be determined what happened, but by then too much time might have passed to locate Simon. If he changed his flight to Helsinki, then I agree - it looks like he wanted the first flight out.

I'm also curious whether something happened when he landed in Thailand. It looks like he decided quickly that there was nothing for him in Bangkok. Rescheduling his return flight from August 3 to July 26 meant cutting 9 days from a 12 days vacation. Why?

This has a sense of drug smuggling, to me.

Starts with tickets for a 10 day holiday. Abruptly and unexpectedly changes plans, twice and appears to leave very prematurely, and to an EU destination.

This could be a pattern seen in drug mules, also where they turn off their phones and rely on burner phones. However, it also does sound as if he wanted out of Thailand back to Europe, NOW and couldn't even wait until the next day.

But that would leave him in Finland for the past week without further contacting family and GF who were expecting him back by July 27.

Canada is blocked from that link. Anything you can share?
I can only read a part of the FB comment and it says he boarded the flight, but I can't see the full posting. It's just not clear if that post is just repeating the rumor about the Helisinki flight or is something else.

I do hope he has just had some unfortunate but not dangerous circumstance occur and is found safe.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back