The 15 Most Dangerous Cities In America

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We're heading to Dee-troit this weekend. Nope, not for the Lions - our high school made it to the finals at Ford Field. My nephew plays....Go Hornets!

That's cool! Have fun and stay safe!

Personally I was shocked that New Orleans wasnt on there. It has gotten ridiculous over there. And did anyone notice the rape statistics? That is just staggering isnt it?

It's not as bad now since Katrina. They've all come over here to Houston. :banghead: :furious:

No surprise Detroit is on there. Detroit is a nasty, dirty city with no culture except for dog fighting. My whole family is from MI and everyone will say Detroit, and Flint, is a cesspool.

No surprise Detroit is on there. Detroit is a nasty, dirty city with no culture except for dog fighting. My whole family is from MI and everyone will say Detroit, and Flint, is a cesspool.
Detroit, and Flint, are by-products of the downhill slide of the auto industry, and all the businesses, that fed off of it. There was a lot of migration towards jobs from 1900 to 1945, and some even still migrated as things began to go downhill. As things went downhill, a lot of people left the area, but the blacks seemed to stay; the blacks are probably more conditioned to endure, or maybe, accept, being without, so they just didn't seem to bother to leave, and pretty soon you end up with a very blighted area. I saw that in the town and area that I grew up in, with the steel industry. Almost everyone that could, essentially left the town, and moved to outlying areas, if not, out of state, seeking a better economy; at least the younger generations did; that's how I ended up in CA. The town itself is now very predominantly black, and very rundown. It's an economic situation; the steel industry, for all practical purposes, is gone from the area.

It's not as bad now since Katrina. They've all come over here to Houston. :banghead: :furious:
They call that "doing a geographic." People often think if they move here, or move there, have this job, or that job; drive this car, or that car; that things are going to be different than they are now. The ugly truth is, "wherever you go, there you are."

Criminals, are criminals, no matter where they live.

I absolutely disagree with you. Dog Fighting???? :(

My family is from the Detroit area, and I have always loved the city. Like someone said, you just need to know where to go and where NOT to go....

Lots and Lots of fantastic people in Detroit!

We're heading to Dee-troit this weekend. Nope, not for the Lions - our high school made it to the finals at Ford Field. My nephew plays....Go Hornets!

Hey, that's really cool! Congratulations!! :clap:

Have fun, I hope they win :)

I absolutely disagree with you. Dog Fighting???? :(

My family is from the Detroit area, and I have always loved the city. Like someone said, you just need to know where to go and where NOT to go....

Lots and Lots of fantastic people in Detroit!

Thanks for posting this, you saved me some typing :)

I love the city, too.

We spend lots of weekends in St Louis and have never had a problem.

Prior to first about St Louis's #1 ranking last year, I had always been afraid of going to NYC. (Where DH really wants to go). Now I tell him "ok, no problem!" We handle St Louis all the time, so now I'm ready to visit NYC.

I will tell you a story that DH and I thought was really amusing though..... right after he got back from Iraq in Feb 2006, we went to Boston for a few days.

We carried mace, even though it is illegal. We also both carried knives that the military had issued him in Iraq.

Then we went to visit the USS Constitution. There, DH, who is a military member with a military ID, nearly got arrested for carrying his military issued knife on a military base. (The USS Constitution is an active military base). They let him go, but he got a ticket with a $200 fine.

Again... military member w/military ID and military issued knife.... on a military base. The most asinine thing we have ever experienced.

The best part was the next morning when we woke up and turned on the TV and heard about the 4 or 5 murders the night before.

Liberal states just make me crazy.

$200 fine or not.... the next time we travel to a large city, we will still be carrying some sort of self-protection. Even here, where we live in a very safe area, DH has a conceal carry permit and I am always glad to know that he has it.

Detroit, and Flint, are by-products of the downhill slide of the auto industry, and all the businesses, that fed off of it. There was a lot of migration towards jobs from 1900 to 1945, and some even still migrated as things began to go downhill. As things went downhill, a lot of people left the area, but the blacks seemed to stay; the blacks are probably more conditioned to endure, or maybe, accept, being without, so they just didn't seem to bother to leave, and pretty soon you end up with a very blighted area. I saw that in the town and area that I grew up in, with the steel industry. Almost everyone that could, essentially left the town, and moved to outlying areas, if not, out of state, seeking a better economy; at least the younger generations did; that's how I ended up in CA. The town itself is now very predominantly black, and very rundown. It's an economic situation; the steel industry, for all practical purposes, is gone from the area.

Same goes for Youngstown (15th on the list) and probably Cleveland, too. But I still refuse to hate the cities. But this is true: you just need to know where to go and where NOT to go.... But then again that also goes for a lot of cities that are not on the list! Also it is not just 'blacks'.... attitude is the problem, not skin color and there is a lot of white trash in these areas too. But also loads of good people, of all colors!

Same goes for Youngstown (15th on the list) and probably Cleveland, too. But I still refuse to hate the cities. But this is true: you just need to know where to go and where NOT to go.... But then again that also goes for a lot of cities that are not on the list! Also it is not just 'blacks'.... attitude is the problem, not skin color and there is a lot of white trash in these areas too. But also loads of good people, of all colors!
JE, that entire area of Western PA and Eastern Ohio was all in the same boat at the time, and they still struggle.

Go, Baltimore!! Number 12 :( How sad. I guess it's weird, when you live there it doesn't seem that bad.

Kris, B-More by some people's opinion is an extension of Philly. Same thing with Camden. Philly got dibs recently as having the most unattractive population and the heaviest. Makes me so proud.

Kris, B-More by some people's opinion is an extension of Philly. Same thing with Camden. Philly got dibs recently as having the most unattractive population and the heaviest. Makes me so proud.
Filly, if I could grant you, and JE, a SuperBowl Victory, you know I would.

They call that "doing a geographic." People often think if they move here, or move there, have this job, or that job; drive this car, or that car; that things are going to be different than they are now. The ugly truth is, "wherever you go, there you are."

Criminals, are criminals, no matter where they live.

Well said.

Filly, if I could grant you, and JE, a SuperBowl Victory, you know I would.

Buzz could ya wave that majic wand? You are funny. I don't bleed green so it's no biggie to me. Now, if ya can help me out with my Phillies I'd greatly appreciate it. Interesting a friend from Baltimore or B-MORE as we call it sent me this article. She said this goes by crimes reported this geographic thingie. Everyone knows we don't report crime. In a way she's right because here it's the mantra "Snitches Get Stitches". Sad. Thanks though for your kindness about the Super Bowl. Only bowl we seen is McNabb's mama hawking Chunky Soup.

Thanks for posting this, you saved me some typing :)

I love the city, too.
Thank you Irishmist and Only4justice!:blowkiss: I live near Detroit too. I go downtown and have never been mugged or anything. It is like any urban area, take your precautions and you will be fine! There are a lot of fine things in Detroit. The Fox Theatre is beautiful. Comerica park. The Gem Theatre. Ford Field.
Those statistics are flawedby the way. Detroit has been building and developing and we have a lot of things going for us. Those statistics make it sound like you are going to get killed the moment you step inside the city!

Thank you Irishmist and Only4justice!:blowkiss: I live near Detroit too. I go downtown and have never been mugged or anything. It is like any urban area, take your precautions and you will be fine! There are a lot of fine things in Detroit. The Fox Theatre is beautiful. Comerica park. The Gem Theatre. Ford Field.
Those statistics are flawedby the way. Detroit has been building and developing and we have a lot of things going for us. Those statistics make it sound like you are going to get killed the moment you step inside the city!

Oh hell yeah! Concerts at Hart Plaza, Greektown, the food fests in the summer, boat races you can watch from Belle Isle, gosh, Belle Isle itself! Does anyone beside me remember the Boblo boat?? :)

Our favorite thing to do in Detroit? Ride the green shuttle bus from the Old Shelaleigh down to the Joe for a Wings game. (But only when Sanchez is driving!!) Way. Too Much. Fun. Word of advice to anyone driving in Detroit... if you see a little green school bus coming up from behind? Just move over and get out of the way! It's safer for everyone that way. :D

Man, I miss it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalalala
Back