The 2nd Attack Theory: Forum Legend???

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
proadvocate said:
The 2nd attack theory does carry some weight of possibility.But as of yet no one has properly explained Darlie's own injuries.Ok I know everyone will rush out with the "self inflicted"theories.I do hope however that those who rush them out will bother to admit the cut angles just do not match this theory.The Routier case is a tuff call for both sides.Those who would like to pronounce her guilt run into problems unexplainable by them,those who profess her innocence run into the few shreds of evidence which do sm to implicate her.However after careful study of her case I do find several things that fail to implicat her.

1)her own injuries
.IMHO
Imagine if you are attempting to cut someone's throat, someone who is lying on a sofa, right side outward. Darlie's wound to the throat is cut from her right side toward the left side with a downward angle. It's difficult for me to imagine anyone cutting Darlie's throat at that angle with her lying down. A right handed person would have probably cut from her left side toward the right side. A left handed person would have possible cut from the right toward the left, but both would have cut straight across for ultimate harm to have been done. The cut she received was not a sufficient injury for an assailant to have left her for dead. I'm not sure her injury could have been received with her lying down. If she was standing up, the assailant who would have most likely been taller than her, with either hand would have cut straight across for a fast kill. Otherwise why cut her throat? And why did he cut her throat when a sleeping Darlie would have been so much more exposed to a deadly attach of her heart, lung, addomen areas. Why try to cut someone's throat when that person is asleep? I can't seem to wrap my mind around that scenario. I think Darlie did the cutting with her left hand in a "skipping" fashion. She knife skipped across her skin inflicting a wound that bled a lot but was not potentially fatal. The only reason she stayed overnight in the hospital was for her own safety in case a madmad was after her. The madman was in the bed with her in the form of a "madwoman". That's just my opinion. I think Darlie is guilty. The evidence is too overwhelming for her not to be guilty.

texassnuboots said:
Imagine if you are attempting to cut someone's throat, someone who is lying on a sofa, right side outward. Darlie's wound to the throat is cut from her right side toward the left side with a downward angle. It's difficult for me to imagine anyone cutting Darlie's throat at that angle with her lying down. A right handed person would have probably cut from her left side toward the right side. A left handed person would have possible cut from the right toward the left, but both would have cut straight across for ultimate harm to have been done. The cut she received was not a sufficient injury for an assailant to have left her for dead. I'm not sure her injury could have been received with her lying down. If she was standing up, the assailant who would have most likely been taller than her, with either hand would have cut straight across for a fast kill. Otherwise why cut her throat? And why did he cut her throat when a sleeping Darlie would have been so much more exposed to a deadly attach of her heart, lung, addomen areas. Why try to cut someone's throat when that person is asleep? I can't seem to wrap my mind around that scenario. I think Darlie did the cutting with her left hand in a "skipping" fashion. She knife skipped across her skin inflicting a wound that bled a lot but was not potentially fatal. The only reason she stayed overnight in the hospital was for her own safety in case a madmad was after her. The madman was in the bed with her in the form of a "madwoman". That's just my opinion. I think Darlie is guilty. The evidence is too overwhelming for her not to be guilty.
Great points. I hadn't thought of that one before. You are right. It is much harder to accept when taking these things into consideration. Esp when you consider the attacker would have the back of the couch to deal with, too. It would have created some limitations in how free he could have been with his movements, and it would have also created some limitations in Darlie's movements. Yet he chooses the the most difficult manner in which to use his weapon rather than the simpliest.

It really bugs me that the back of the couch shows no signs of the attack, no rips, no cuts, not even a knick where he might have missed Darlie and grazed the vinyl upholstery. There just isn't much reason to even believe her.

cami said:
That knife was laid on the carpet for some reason. There is an outline of it in blood. It brings to mind the awful picture of her putting it down to corral Damon, to stop him maybe.
According to the blood expert, the knife was not laid on the carpet. It was held in the hand in a downward slope (as one might while resting). The arm holding it was bleeding and the blood trailed down the arm to the hand and onto the knife, dripping on the carpet from the edges of the knife which created the replica of it on the carpet. Interesting theory. That one show you like so much showed how it could happen.

Goody said:
According to the blood expert, the knife was not laid on the carpet. It was held in the hand in a downward slope (as one might while resting). The arm holding it was bleeding and the blood trailed down the arm to the hand and onto the knife, dripping on the carpet from the edges of the knife which created the replica of it on the carpet. Interesting theory. That one show you like so much showed how it could happen.
That's what I remembered Bevel saying, although before I've always assumed it was actually put down on the carpet. I taped this for you cami so you'll see it soon!
"The arm holding was bleeding", great line when you consider the outline was in Darlie's blood!

texassnuboots said:
I've always wondered why a killer wouldn't haved stabbed her in the gut. Hey! Just thought of something: maybe their was no intruder?!
The skipping motion is a good theory too. I think she recoiled from the pain, the knife jumped and landed back on her shoulder.
And remember by Darlie's own statement, she was lying down. So even a supporter can't argue the standing up theory.

Goody said:

You can see a clear bloody outline of that knife in the carpet. Blood dripping off the tip of it in the manner they described would leave just a stain on the carpet not the outline of the knife, that's impossible, IMO. I know the arm holding the knife was bleeding that's what caused the blood pattern on the floor and the knife. But the knife was also laid on the carpet for the outline of it to have transferred. State's 111B, is the photo of the bloody knife imprint in the carpet. I know you don't have your book but it's page 300 if anyone else want's to check it out.

cami said:
You can see a clear bloody outline of that knife in the carpet. Blood dripping off the tip of it in the manner they described would leave just a stain on the carpet not the outline of the knife, that's impossible, IMO. I know the arm holding the knife was bleeding that's what caused the blood pattern on the floor and the knife. But the knife was also laid on the carpet for the outline of it to have transferred. State's 111B, is the photo of the bloody knife imprint in the carpet. I know you don't have your book but it's page 300 if anyone else want's to check it out.

I've always felt the same Cami. Can't see anyway that the outline would have been that clear just from a dripping knife without it being put on the ground.

I haven't got MTJD with me but here is another thought from that...

From memory the knife outline doesn't have much/any blood in the centre between the bloody edge outline... is that right? Which raises the question- if the bloody knife was placed down on the carpet then why wasn't their transfer from the bloody blade to the carpet (not only the edges to form the outline but the flat part of the blade)?

You'd think that because there was no significant blood transfer of this type onto the carpet, the knife was probably pretty clean except for the blood which was being fed to it by Darlie's bleeding wound. Which would mean she had cleaned the knife already by this stage. And since we know that Damon's blood was found on the knife at the scene (as well as her own) that makes me think that it was used on him again after the outline was made in the carpet.

But again, this is based on a memory of the picture so maybe someone who has the book handy could check on it for me?

Dani_T said:
I've always felt the same Cami. Can't see anyway that the outline would have been that clear just from a dripping knife without it being put on the ground.

I haven't got MTJD with me but here is another thought from that...

From memory the knife outline doesn't have much/any blood in the centre between the bloody edge outline... is that right? Which raises the question- if the bloody knife was placed down on the carpet then why wasn't their transfer from the bloody blade to the carpet (not only the edges to form the outline but the flat part of the blade)?

You'd think that because there was no significant blood transfer of this type onto the carpet, the knife was probably pretty clean except for the blood which was being fed to it by Darlie's bleeding wound. Which would mean she had cleaned the knife already by this stage. And since we know that Damon's blood was found on the knife at the scene (as well as her own) that makes me think that it was used on him again after the outline was made in the carpet.

But again, this is based on a memory of the picture so maybe someone who has the book handy could check on it for me?

Yes you are correct. Okay first of all it's page 380, my eyes missed that tiny 8, LOl.

The blood is concentrated at the tip of the knife per the blood from her arm feeding it and yes there is not much blood in the centre, it is just the outline of the blade and handle. It's almost the complete outline of the knife, there's no way drops formed that outline by just dripping off it.

I agree that that knife was clean except for her blood feeding it when she used it again on Damon after it had been placed on the carpet. It still makes me shudder.

I still remember Camilla's work she did on that photo in her photoshop package. it was awesome and eerie.

cami said:
Yes you are correct. Okay first of all it's page 380, my eyes missed that tiny 8, LOl.

The blood is concentrated at the tip of the knife per the blood from her arm feeding it and yes there is not much blood in the centre, it is just the outline of the blade and handle. It's almost the complete outline of the knife, there's no way drops formed that outline by just dripping off it.

I agree that that knife was clean except for her blood feeding it when she used it again on Damon after it had been placed on the carpet. It still makes me shudder.

I still remember Camilla's work she did on that photo in her photoshop package. it was awesome and eerie.

If we are to believe CWB's notes under that photo, he claims that the blood on the knife in that photo has cow's blood on it.

Jeana (DP) said:
If we are to believe CWB's notes under that photo, he claims that the blood on the knife in that photo has cow's blood on it.
No, he doesn't say that about the one in the carpet. He was talking about when LE dropped the knife on the kitchen floor to see what sort of pattern or spatter should have been there. It was cow's blood because this was done as a test later on. Somehow Chris turned this into an evil trick created by LE to frame Darlie. There was no evidence that the knife had been dropped in the kitchen as Darlie claimed. So LE dipped the knife in cow's blood and dropped it. Of course there was evidence of a knife being dropped there. This is the set-up and so comes Chris' conspiracy theory, he claims cow's blood would leave a pattern, but human wouldn't or some such crap.

beesy said:
No, he doesn't say that about the one in the carpet. He was talking about when LE dropped the knife on the kitchen floor to see what sort of pattern or spatter should have been there. It was cow's blood because this was done as a test later on. Somehow Chris turned this into an evil trick created by LE to frame Darlie. There was no evidence that the knife had been dropped in the kitchen as Darlie claimed. So LE dipped the knife in cow's blood and dropped it. Of course there was evidence of a knife being dropped there. This is the set-up and so comes Chris' conspiracy theory, he claims cow's blood would leave a pattern, but human wouldn't or some such crap.

I'm looking at page 380 right now. Do you have it in front of you? If so, please explain what I'm seeing, ok?

Jeana (DP) said:
I'm looking at page 380 right now. Do you have it in front of you? If so, please explain what I'm seeing, ok?
You're right, I misread your post. I thought you were saying he said the carpet outline was in cow's blood, not the blood on the knife.
Ok, he's saying that's cow's blood from the testing on the knife, not on the carpet. That is the carpet on page 381, you're right. He's not saying anything about what type of blood is on the carpet. Looks like LE had the cow's blood on the knife to test in the kitchen and then placed the knife beside the outline in Darlie's blood in the carpet to show that it fit. I notice Chris rambles on about how no carpet fibers were found. Is he insinuating LE put the knife down themselves to create that outline in the carpet? If it's true there weren't any carpet fibers found on the knife, perhaps it is possible that the outline was made by blood running off the knife, as Bevel said, instead of placing the knife down on the carpet.
Check out pages 390-392. These photos show LE testing with cow's blood to see if the knife being dropped there would have left some sort of pattern. Chris keeps harping on how they used cow's blood, which is very common. He seems to think it's some grand scheme.

beesy said:
Is he insinuating LE put the knife down themselves to create that outline in the carpet? If it's true there weren't any carpet fibers found on the knife, perhaps it is possible that the outline was made by blood running off the knife, as Bevel said, instead of placing the knife down on the carpet.
That is an interesting thought. Why weren't there any carpet fibers on the knife? Did she wash them off, along with Devon's blood?

beesy said:
You're right, I misread your post. I thought you were saying he said the carpet outline was in cow's blood, not the blood on the knife.
Ok, he's saying that's cow's blood from the testing on the knife, not on the carpet. That is the carpet on page 381, you're right. He's not saying anything about what type of blood is on the carpet. Looks like LE had the cow's blood on the knife to test in the kitchen and then placed the knife beside the outline in Darlie's blood in the carpet to show it fit. I notice Chris rambles on about how no carpet fibers were found. Is he insinuating LE put the knife down themselves to create that outline in the carpet? If it's true there weren't any carpet fibers found on the knife, perhaps it is possible that the outline was made by blood running off the knife, as Bevel said, instead of placing the knife down on the carpet.
Check out pages 390-392. These photos show LE testing with cow's blood to see if the knife being dropped there would have left some sort of pattern. Chris keeps harping on how they used cow's blood, which is very common. He seems to think it's some grand scheme.

That's what I see too.
He insinuated everything else about LE, so I wouldn't be surprised. :rolleyes:

for saying that there was no talk of two attacks on Damon from the trial. I truly did not know about this Bevel saying that there were two. I hope you will accept my apology for this. I never want to say things that are not the truth and when I do it is just because I do not know that what I am saying is wrong.

SnootyVixen said:
for saying that there was no talk of two attacks on Damon from the trial. I truly did not know about this Bevel saying that there were two. I hope you will accept my apology for this. I never want to say things that are not the truth and when I do it is just because I do not know that what I am saying is wrong.
yes, I accept your apology.

Desilu said:
That is an interesting thought. Why weren't there any carpet fibers on the knife? Did she wash them off, along with Devon's blood?
Ah, Chris said there no carpet fibers found on the knife. I was saying if that's even true, then what Bevel said makes more sense. He said the outline was caused by blood running off the knife as opposed to putting it down on the carpet.
I don't know if there were or weren't carpet fibers on the knife because I only read it in MTJD, Chris' words, not mine. Does anybody know about this? Even if there weren't carpet fibers on the knife, it wouldn't make her innocent, Chris! I think he was throwing that in there to make it seem as if LE somehow "planted" the knife outline. :loser:

beesy said:
Ok, he's saying that's cow's blood from the testing on the knife, not on the carpet. That is the carpet on page 381, you're right. He's not saying anything about what type of blood is on the carpet. Looks like LE had the cow's blood on the knife to test in the kitchen and then placed the knife beside the outline in Darlie's blood in the carpet to show that it fit. I notice Chris rambles on about how no carpet fibers were found. Is he insinuating LE put the knife down themselves to create that outline in the carpet? If it's true there weren't any carpet fibers found on the knife, perhaps it is possible that the outline was made by blood running off the knife, as Bevel said, instead of placing the knife down on the carpet.

Yeah he does. He's no CSI so his book is his own layman's view and nothing more. Yes he's trying to insinuate LE created that outline themselves. Just as he is trying to insinuate something by the moving of articles--i.e. baskets so that photographs could be taken. He doesn't know that LE always has to move articles so they can photograph what evidence might be underneath said articles. Like Damon's bloody handprint in the carpet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest
Back