The 6 minute phone call when JH failed to talk to anyone

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I though LH was notified that Cooper was dead by LE at the Home Depot parking lot and not at the daycare.

All she was told at daycare was that Cooper was not dropped off. Then she immediately assumes that "Ross left him in the car" and the daycare staffers are thoroughly confused by why she would say such a thing and try to console her. She then asks to see her husband and not Cooper. So RH couldn't have spoken to a daycare worker there via phone or Leanne?

Then she is notified by LE at HD parking lot and calls her mother who questions her lack of emotion. Ross wasn't the one that notified her, LE was. (From what we know).

All I know is that he felt the need to lie about that particular phone call.

I'm interested in this timeline. Did LH go into RH's office or were she (LH and TJ) met in HD parking lot when they arrived? Was she greeted with sympathy and compassion or did LE already have suspicion this didn't seem on the up and up?

For doing her job??

Really. ITA. Why would he do that? Angry because they wanted to talk to him? He wanted to avoid being questioned is the only thing I can think. IMO
a person who is guilty would do that. JMO. Otherwise he would have cooperated.

Left a long vm message?

What stands out to me is how specific that testimony is. The LE officers at the scene do not simply state that they heard RH talking on the phone, they specifically say:

"he was telling somebody on the phone that his child was dead". It sounds to me that they actually heard what RH was specifically saying.

And then, RH continues to deny that he was ever reached anyone, and never does he mention, " I left so and so a voicemail", which I think he would mention if it happened instead of repeatedly denying he ever spoke to anyone.

I guess I missed the enormity of that the first time. But I think it's huge and will be huge information when it becomes clearer who he spoke with. Also, these phone calls seems to occur directly after Anthony begins CPR on baby Cooper, which occurs very quickly after RH pulls in the parking lot, so the timing of the call is likely before 4:50.

Part of me believes it was LH, but no one at the daycare staff knew what was happening when Leanne arrived to pick up Cooper. So who was he talking too? Its driving me NUTS.

"he was telling somebody on the phone that his child was dead

Just thought of this...Witnesses heard him say "Our baby is dead" and assumed that he was talking to his wife. We know now that he wasn't talking to his wife, but assume he was talking to someone. But what if he was just kind of ranting/repeating "Our baby is dead" along with the "what have I done" etc. It is possible that he wasn't really talking to anyone, maybe he was on hold, and just talking. I could see this happening.

I'm not saying this indicates anything regarding his guilt or innocence, just another possibility.

he actually placed calls...the one that went to toddler room 5 was six minutes long. They don't have that long of a voice mail, so how did it last 6 minutes long unless he actually spoke to someone? VM hangs up after a short interval. May be significant.

Just thought of this...Witnesses heard him say "Our baby is dead" and assumed that he was talking to his wife. We know now that he wasn't talking to his wife, but assume he was talking to someone. But what if he was just kind of ranting/repeating "Our baby is dead" along with the "what have I done" etc. It is possible that he wasn't really talking to anyone, maybe he was on hold, and just talking. I could see this happening.

I'm not saying this indicates anything regarding his guilt or innocence, just another possibility.

Yes, it is a possibility that he was talking to himself. But then why the hostility when asked to "get off the phone?"

And if someone answered in Coopers room and put the phone down...why didn't they tell LH that he had just called?

It's so puzzling!

Yes, it is a possibility that he was talking to himself. But then why the hostility when asked to "get off the phone?"

It's so puzzling!

Because he wanted the police to sympathize with him and not ask him questions. Also, having the police there almost as soon as he pulled up messed up his plan, he didn't expect to be questioned right away, probably in his mind he thought they would rush him and Cooper to a hospital/morgue and then he could say he's mourning and can't talk right now to police.

With all his years in LE, you'd think he'd know to respect the police when investigating. Spouting out FU to the LE was his downfall, after that they put him in the back of the police car and he wasn't able to run around in circles screaming for all the witnesses to see, and sympathize with him.

MOO

Maybe it's one of those #s that automatically forwards to another #. Would that show up or would it show as just the # you called?

In my experience (installing & managing a VoIP (internet-based) phone system), the system logs would show the initial incoming call to the main # and the extension # the call was transferred to. It would also show the time it took for the transfer to occur and the length of the actual call once it was transferred. Same thing for forwarded calls - our system logs would show the initial # that was called and the extension # it was forwarded to, again, along with the times it took to forward and the length of the call once it was forwarded. Not sure if that's the case for all phone systems (especially older systems), so I'm only referring to the system that I have experience with. HTH.

I wonder if he could have called one of his friends at the movie theater. He could have called the HD switchboard and been transferred to their cell. There is a little fuzzy part of my brain that thought that his friends showed up at the "reveal". I might be imagining it.

I wonder if he could have called one of his friends at the movie theater. He could have called the HD switchboard and been transferred to their cell. There is a little fuzzy part of my brain that thought that his friends showed up at the "reveal". I might be imagining it.

He interoffice chatted/IM'd the friend at 3:45 from his computer and told them he was going to be late. 1/2 an hour before he ever even left work......

He interoffice chatted/IM'd the friend at 3:45 from his computer and told them he was going to be late. 1/2 an hour before he ever even left work......

Right, and 1/2 hour into the movie his co-worker friend, Mr. Hall, went outside the movie theater to call and text him to see where he was at, but Harris didn't respond (LE had his phone by then).

I wonder if he called the school, got a recording, but did not hang up. Instead he pretended to talk to someone to avoid dealing with the police.

Nothing about this "plan" went right for RH. He probably planned to do the "reveal" at lunch, surrounded by protective friends who would run that interference for him. "Leave our friend alone, stop questioning him...he's devastated!"

Instead, he was on his own. Some people were actually tending to the Baby..Not HIM! So the pretend phone conversation was his next best way to avoid the police.

Exactly - I think you two are on the right track...

He wanted to be left alone by LE at the scene so he had more time to figure out how to handle the situation -- so he made a call to HD corp and was routed to daycare -- perhaps he was still figuring out whether to say anything if someone answered and what to say ; they wanted him off the phone and he was still avoiding LE so he got all dramatic and offended because they "interrupted" him in the middle of telling someone the child is dead and even cursed at them.

Later during questioning he understands that LE can find out whether he was really talking to someone or not and he concedes he was talking to no one -- we've been focusing on THIS as "the lie" but perhaps the call itself was "the lie" -- Stoddard is waiting on phone records and more thorough investigation to state any more... but he did want the judge to know that RH lied about the phone call (when and to what extent is what we don't yet know).

ETA: Sorry, JG & Miss J, missed your posts before doing mine -- you're thinking what we're thinking... I think ;)

I'm wondering if he just remotely called his own work voicemail by dialing the main number from his cell phone and then pretended to be talking and was just playing around in his voice mailbox? Then maybe he "Pressed 6" or something to be transferred to the daycare and then toddler room #5?

6 minutes is quite a long time.

That phone call is just weird and so is the fact that it eventually reaches toddler room #5 specifically. AND that he lied about it.

I think his mind was in absolute spin mode and he was freaking out and didn't know what to do or how to do it so as not to look guilty -- was just trying to fly by the seat of his pants ... I think from at least 3:45 when he messaged his friends he would be late he was trying to plan the reveal, notifying LH, etc, but things kept "going wrong" or his guilt made him paranoid & question everything and keep changing his mind.

I think he counted on someone calling an ambulance but didn't envision LE showing up at all (I know it doesn't make sense either).

Actually, now that I think about it -- perhaps he didn't want to notify LH either -- let whatever witnesses saw him "crying" call 911 for an ambulance -- let LAA inform LH... let everyone else do the dirty work that could give him away.

Perhaps he was afraid LH would get to the scene too quickly and see right through him and he was trying to get ahold of the right person at LAA to keep her there "to protect her" from seeing CH deceased ...

Soooo confusing; cannot wait for more info on this call to be released!!

When do you think they found out? Stoddard said that JRH stopped at the pizza place parking lot that was close to the movies. People have opined that he was going to try and make it to the movies for his " Big Reveal" but the smell got to him.
I don't know how the logistics of driving to the movies to get sympathy from his friends when he "discovered" Cooper would have worked without having a definitive plan on where to meet up. . Otherwise they would all be in separate cars spread out all over the parking lot.

I'm wondering if he just remotely called his own work voicemail by dialing the main number from his cell phone and then pretended to be talking and was just playing around in his voice mailbox? Then maybe he "Pressed 6" or something to be transferred to the daycare and then toddler room #5?

6 minutes is quite a long time.

That phone call is just weird and so is the fact that it eventually reaches toddler room #5 specifically. AND that he lied about it.

:goodpost: Bingo !!!!!! This fits !!! Checking to see if his wife perhaps left him a voicemail. And yes indeed you can do exactly what you said in a corporate voicemail system

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Actually, now that I think about it -- perhaps he didn't want to notify LH either -- let whatever witnesses saw him "crying" call 911 for an ambulance -- let LAA inform LH... let everyone else do the dirty work that could give him away.

Perhaps he was afraid LH would get to the scene too quickly and see right through him and he was trying to get ahold of the right person at LAA to keep her there "to protect her" from seeing CH deceased ...

Soooo confusing; cannot wait for more info on this call to be released!!

I would expect that at the daycare she would have called his cell phone and left a voicemail. Since he was with the police at that time i would assume that voicemail can be heard now and it cannot be erased so it will come out in court what it said.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member