The 6 minute phone call when JH failed to talk to anyone

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the witness MS was simply supposed to be there as part of the bond character witness portion of the hearing I thought? And those witnesses were kept from the earlier part of the hearing I thought so its not like that witness could imagine what she would be blindsided with (info about sexting etc).

Sure wish we knew how she knows the Harrises and what she was to attest to about them.

This^

Supposed to be someone known to him and with a good relationship with him, like brother and church lady.

Since I'm new, I keep a steno pad by my computer so I can jot down names & initials and some info I want to remember from page 1 (just an example) when I'm on page 20. I was hoping I would learn to remember pertinent info as I get more experience but apparently that won't happen. :sigh:

One thing I've been wondering about in the "modern age"... I get the witnesses are kept out of the courtroom so they don't hear prior testimony. However, are their cell phones, tablets, & other means of communication being held from them? I can see NOT in case there is an emergency and they need to be reached. However, if that's the case ... we're all watching live feed at home, people twitter out details, etc... if you're a witness, can you have access to ANYTHING that can clue you into the going-ons of the courtroom? If so, I think I know what kind of "medical emergency" might have happened... but I'm sometimes wrong.. JMO

I definitely think we need a "cast of characters" thread on cases like these -- if we can somehow have them available to add & edit as the case progresses and new players come into focus. I wonder if there's a way to "lock" those threads from public view? I agree there are cases I pop in and out of as time allows and feel like I don't know who anybody is or what's going on.... and then the Anthony case with THREE "CA" initials????? Took me a few pages to catch up as to who was who & what was what then I had to go back and reread so I could put it in correct context.

I also think an "established facts" thread and a "timeline" thread would be useful -- possibly one and the same? If we could submit those things to either mods or assigned persons who have the ability to edit and update.... with no discussion?

MS may not be the daycare worker, but that is the person they called to the stand who had a medical emergency. And her first name was Michelle, and you can plainly hear her last name. I am not posting it because I don't know if it can be posted. If it can, I will.

I clearly heard them call Melissa Sellars and then say that she had a medical emergency and that Ms Harrison would be called in her place. There would be no reason to call Coopers daycare teacher as a character witness for his father, that type relationship isn't usually close enough got that.

I hope you're right, so here goes. The witness called was Melissa Sellers. Than someone said someone had a medical emergency. It sounded to me like Harris, but I think I'm wrong about that and it was Sellers. Then they called Penny, the church lady. The daycare woman's name is Michelle Gray -- all of the names were stated on the record, so I think we should be okay.

They called Penny Harrison who was the kids minister at church.

I posted earlier that Stoddard's testimony led me to believe they don't know who Harris talked to yet. I think there's a chance you could be right about something else happening to the call. Maybe not exactly what you speculate since Stoddard did say the call went to the toddler room -- but something. In an emergency, even one of your own making, 6 minutes would be an awfully long time to talk to one person. Even if you were holding for a minute, 5 minutes would still be a long time. Can't wait to hear the explanation.

Did he mean he fell asleep while on hold?? While his dead son lay on the hot pavement!?

Was he actually seen talking for 6 minutes or was he just on the phone for 6 minutes? Could he have just called daycare, cycle through the voice mail menu and stalling? My random thought, not fact.

Yes, that news site is incorrect. He placed call to the home depot corporate office location of the little apron daycare, not to his own satellite office in the Treehouse location.

Apologies this next is in response to the M names in this case. but didn't hit multi quote as I read to catch up.

MS equals the pastor who testified about RH being an involved, loving doting father at the hearing
MG who was the daycare teacher in toddler room 5 at little apron per Det. Stoddard. MG was not called to stand at hearing.

ETR the stuff about phone call being verified because I just was reminded that Stoddard testified under oath he had not spoken to the individual he suspects RH spoke to.

The pastor who testified is Penny Harrison. Melissa Sellars was called as a witness but had a medical emergency and didn't respond.

Was he actually seen talking for 6 minutes or was he just on the phone for 6 minutes? Could he have just called daycare, cycle through the voice mail menu and stalling? My random thought, not fact.
I thought the detective said this info came from his phone records.

Isn't this the phone call he was on when the female police officer asked him twice to get off the phone and he said, "no" and "**** off" or fu to the officer?

I've wondered the same thing. It was the 3rd of three phone calls he made at the scene.

Karmady & All - yes, the names were stated on the record and I understand everyone is just trying to sort out who is who here. It looks like Karmady has the names straight, so from this point forward, please go with initials.

If we need to, we can make a sticky thread of who's who in this case.

The reason initials are preferred is that in general, these are innocent people that have gotten their names mixed up in this case. Now that may prove out differently for MG, but we don't know that yet. Certainly the character witnesses were doing what they thought was right at the hearing and they were honest when they admitted they probably didn't know RH as well as they thought. No reason to have their names all over our pages, kwim?

Thanks,

Salem

RBBM

Bumping for those just joining.

I completely agree! I don't understand why we are supposed to use initials for Cooper, Ross, and Leanna. I understand for those people who have been innocently dragged into the case. But otherwise it drives me nuts too, especially if I'm new to a case!!!

The Mods had asked us to use initials for the two Melissa's that were mentioned during the hearing.

One is a Michelle G that works at the day care and the other is a Melissa S. who was suppose to be a character witness for the defense but was unable to make it to court because of an emergency.

Salem didn't want their full names to be used because at this point they are completely innocent people who were dragged into this mess because of association

I remember them clarifying that in the hearing and Stoddard saying something to the effect of there not being a 6 min message system in existence... I'm paraphrasing and you would need to read the transcript of the hearing... also he was asked if he had interviewed the person on the other end of the line, to which he responded, "Not yet."

So.... ?????

He could possibly been on hold for a good deal of that 6 minutes. I have a multi-line phone - when I put someone on hold, they stay on hold until I get back to them or until they give up and hang up. He called the day care and asked for Toddler Rm 5. The office rang Toddler Room 5 - someone may have picked up and just said, we'll get back to you in a few minutes and put him on hold.

The only legitimate reason I can think of for him to call the DC would be to tell them that Connor had died, that LH was on her way there, and to please have someone be with her when he called. But, IMO, that is something that should have been asked of the office staff. The teachers in Rm 5 would be dealing with kids and you wouldn't want to upset them in front of the kids.

I suppose the call to Home Depot was to alert his friends as to the change of plans, but I'm surprised he didn't call one of their cells.

The Mods had asked us to use initials for the two Melissa's that were mentioned during the hearing.

One is a Melissa G that works at the day care and the other is a Melissa S. who was suppose to be a character witness for the defense but was unable to make it to court because of an emergency.

Salem didn't want their full names to be used because at this point they are completely innocent people who were dragged into this mess because of association

I don't think there are 2 people named Melissa. Not yet anyway.

The one is Michelle G, the other is Melissa S.

I don't think there are 2 people named Melissa. Not yet anyway.

The one is Michelle G, the other is Melissa S.

Dang it! :gaah: I knew that, lol!

I edited my post. Thanks :seeya:

Yes, being placed on hold or transferred from a central phone at the daycare center could explain the 6 minute call, UNLESS witnesses heard him talking during those 6 minutes. JMO

He could possibly been on hold for a good deal of that 6 minutes.

What idiot stays on hold for 6 minutes when his son just died? You're right though - that's about the only explanation I can come up with as well.

My guess is yes, and then they took his phone from him. This would have raised red flags for me as an LE officer why he'd snapped and say," **** You" or "Off."
Would love to know who he was talking to and exactly what about that was so, important in fact more important than speaking to LE and tending to his deceased son. If it was his wife it would make sense.
I doubt it was his own mother...so who works at the daycare that trumps his son and wife or other family members?

I thought the detective said this info came from his phone records.

I posted a response to this earlier, but then deleted it because I wasn't sure.

I just watched the relevant portion of Det. Stoddard's testimony again, and he said they don't have RH's phone records from AT&T yet - he anticipates it taking 6 weeks or more.

It was confusing at first, because of the way the prosecutor asked the original question about RH's phone logs/records, until he specifically asked Stoddard if LE has the records from the service provider and Stoddard said no.

So, the info regarding calls, texts, etc. at this point has come from LE looking at RH's phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff