The 911 Call, LE Radio Call & Police Report

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Like I said I probably am not explaining it well at all - makes no difference if there is 2 dispatchers or 4 dispatchers - the tape is not long enough for LE to have even arrived on the scene - it took them 13 minutes from being dispatched to arrive - yet the transmission has them arriving at 2:05 after being dispatched - they have the pic within 6 minutes of being dispatched and we know they didnt have the pic until at least 23 minutes after being dispatched therefore only conclusion I can draw is that this is a condensed version and alot of the transmission have been edited out before LE released this tape or we would be hearing at least 23 minutes of tape before picture was discussed. In addition to 1256 being 10-97 at about 2:05 into the tape at Green Lane before discussing Tyler. The transmission tape is confusing and probably one of those things we will have to wait for Sunshine Law to kick in and see what really happened that morning.

Like I said I probably am not explaining it well at all - makes no difference if there is 2 dispatchers or 4 dispatchers - the tape is not long enough for LE to have even arrived on the scene - it took them 13 minutes from being dispatched to arrive - yet the transmission has them arriving at 2:05 after being dispatched - they have the pic within 6 minutes of being dispatched and we know they didnt have the pic until at least 23 minutes after being dispatched therefore only conclusion I can draw is that this is a condensed version and alot of the transmission have been edited out before LE released this tape or we would be hearing at least 23 minutes of tape before picture was discussed. In addition to 1256 being 10-97 at about 2:05 into the tape at Green Lane before discussing Tyler. The transmission tape is confusing and probably one of those things we will have to wait for Sunshine Law to kick in and see what really happened that morning.

you're making yourself quite clear, Busy. What I am stating is that there was an officer dispatched to 116 Tyler BEFORE Misty ever called from 202 Green Lane. That officer was dealing with whatever was going on when Misty's call came in and therefore there was a cross-purpose to the officer already dispatched to 116, who stated she'd be going to 202. The call we hear on the tape we're provided is the call initiated from the 202 address. The call to 116 (for whatever reason an officer is sent) is truncated out of the beginning.

I understand what you are saying but what is causing me issues is how can officer 1256 be 10-97 at Green Lane per the transmission and then later at Tyler if she was dispatched to Tyler first? She wouldnt of shown 10-97 with the other officer at Green Lane first. Officer 1256 is having conversations with the dispatcher about the train tracks about being in route about a phone call well before she says she is at Tyler - so she couldnt of been at Tyler before the 202 Green Ln call came in is my point. This is making my head hurt so think I am done with the conv lol.

you're making yourself quite clear, Busy. What I am stating is that there was an officer dispatched to 116 Tyler BEFORE Misty ever called from 202 Green Lane. That officer was dealing with whatever was going on when Misty's call came in and therefore there was a cross-purpose to the officer already dispatched to 116, who stated she'd be going to 202. The call we hear on the tape we're provided is the call initiated from the 202 address. The call to 116 (for whatever reason an officer is sent) is truncated out of the beginning.

I understand what you are saying but what is causing me issues is how can officer 1256 be 10-97 at Green Lane per the transmission and then later at Tyler if she was dispatched to Tyler first? She wouldnt of shown 10-97 with the other officer at Green Lane first. Officer 1256 is having conversations with the dispatcher about the train tracks about being in route about a phone call well before she says she is at Tyler - so she couldnt of been at Tyler before the 202 Green Ln call came in is my point. This is making my head hurt so think I am done with the conv lol.

She wasn't. She was 10-97 (pick up officer on...meet up with) Tyler street to go to Green Lane. She was on Green Lane AFTER she was on Tyler. She heads for Green Lane, gives directions for the officers coming after her. the officer she's directing will get to a dead end and then turn left. 1256 is then advised to stay there until the canines.

My head is fuzzy. I hab a head code. I know this is right.

FLE2: Advice 1256.
OP: 1256.
FLE2: There is a railroad that runs right through there. Can we find out from CSA(?) when next train come through?
OP: 10:4. It just passed through.

MLES: (short static)
OP: Sierra 1120.
MLES: Sierra 1120.
OP: Can you 10:21?
MLES: 10:4.
FLE1: Lima 1118. 10:8. 10:51. Back.
OP: 10:4.
OP: Arvan(?) 20.
MLE1: I’m back en route now to that signal 8. Where is that located at in Satsuma?
OP: 202 Green Lane. From Buffalo Bluff Road to Tyler Street, left on Monroe.
MLE1: 10:4. I’m not but a couple blocks. 10:4.
MLE1: 471 located 10:97.
OP: 10:4. 1297.
OP: 1271 or 1256 to 13.
MLE1: 77.
OP: cool. (?)
OP: When you get to 97, can you give us an update?
MLES: They’re 77, they just haven’t located yet, but they’re 77.
OP: Call back 1256. 1256. ____telephone____ordinary. Want me to call it in for you? 10:4.

This is all before Tyler is even mentioned 1256 is talking about railroad tracks etc.

After Tyler is mentioned and she says she is going back to Green Ln
FLE2: It’s off of Tyler. Take left. It’s a little dirt trail which comes around to Green Lane. Come in at back.
OP: 10:4. Tyler, take left, dirt trail, advise take right.
FLE2: 10:4. ______the first dirt road.
OP: 1256. 10:80 to LA Tuck (?).
(directions about the dirt trail that goes from back of mobile home to Tyler street)
Then later the sgt ask if she is back at Green Ln yet

MLES: 1120 to 1256.
FLE2: Yes, Sgt.
MLES: Are you back at the uh, house?
FLE2: 10:4.
MLES: Is that 10:4 or 10:54?
FLE2: 10:4. I’m back on Green Lane.
MLES: 10:4. Go ahead and gather as much information as you can get about any family or anything around here and uh, go ahead and call in and get her reported a signal 8.
OP: 10:4. It’s already done, Sir..

I just can't get anythng else out of this with the two references of being back on Green Ln that she was not on Green Lane first

10-97 means arrive on scene.

FLE2: Advice 1256.
OP: 1256.
FLE2: There is a railroad that runs right through there. Can we find out from CSA(?) when next train come through?
OP: 10:4. It just passed through.

MLES: (short static)
OP: Can you 10:21?
MLES: 10:4.
FLE1: Lima 1118. 10:8. 10:51. Back.
OP: Arvan(?) 20.
MLE1: I’m back en route now to that signal 8. Where is that located at in Satsuma?
OP: 202 Green Lane. From Buffalo Bluff Road to Tyler Street, left on Monroe.
MLE1: 10:4. I’m not but a couple blocks. 10:4.
MLE1: 471 located 10:97.
OP: 10:4. 1297.
OP: 1271 or 1256 to 13.
MLE1: 77.
OP: cool. (?)
OP: When you get to 97, can you give us an update?
MLES: They’re 77, they just haven’t located yet, but they’re 77.
OP: Call back 1256. 1256. ____telephone____ordinary. Want me to call it in for you? 10:4.

This is all before Tyler is even mentioned 1256 is talking about railroad tracks etc.

After Tyler is mentioned and she says she is going back to Green Ln
FLE2: It’s off of Tyler. Take left. It’s a little dirt trail which comes around to Green Lane. Come in at back.
OP: 10:4. Tyler, take left, dirt trail, advise take right.
FLE2: 10:4. ______the first dirt road.
OP: 1256. 10:80 to LA Tuck (?).
(directions about the dirt trail that goes from back of mobile home to Tyler street)
Then later the sgt ask if she is back at Green Ln yet

MLES: 1120 to 1256.
FLE2: Yes, Sgt.
MLES: Are you back at the uh, house?
FLE2: 10:4.
MLES: Is that 10:4 or 10:54?
FLE2: 10:4. I’m back on Green Lane.
MLES: 10:4. Go ahead and gather as much information as you can get about any family or anything around here and uh, go ahead and call in and get her reported a signal 8.
OP: 10:4. It’s already done, Sir..

I just can't get anythng else out of this with the two references of being back on Green Ln that she was not on Green Lane first

10-97 means arrive on scene.

yes, ma'am, it does. It means that 1256 arrived on scene when she says she did.......which happened well after this tape began, when she states she's on 116 Tyler. Thanks for helping prove that!!!

LOL it proves to me she was at Green Ln just like it states before she was at Tyler. She is discussing the train, she is requested code 13, well before Tyler address is even mentioned then she mentions Tyler address and she states she is going BACK to Green Ln - the sgt asked her if she was BACK at Green Ln yet. The only way you can be BACK is if you were there before. He advises her to talk to family members get information and call in the signal 8 missing child (she states she already has done that) If she was not at Green Ln first she could not of already done all that. Like I said an hour ago we will have to agree to disagree. Once the full tapes are released I am sure it will make much more sense then.

If she was at Tyler before Green Ln she would not of been discussing the train and railroad tracks, she would not of been code 13, or been on the telephone if she was at Tyler the entire time. She would not of already called in the signal 8 and gotten the info from family members if she was at the Tyler address initially.

yes, ma'am, it does. It means that 1256 arrived on scene when she says she did.......which happened well after this tape began, when she states she's on 116 Tyler. Thanks for helping prove that!!!

LOL it proves to me she was at Green Ln just like it states before she was at Tyler. She is discussing the train, she is requested code 13, well before Tyler address is even mentioned then she mentions Tyler address and she states she is going BACK to Green Ln - the sgt asked her if she was BACK at Green Ln yet. The only way you can be BACK is if you were there before. He advises her to talk to family members get information and call in the signal 8 missing child (she states she already has done that) If she was not at Green Ln first she could not of already done all that. Like I said an hour ago we will have to agree to disagree. Once the full tapes are released I am sure it will make much more sense then.

If she was at Tyler before Green Ln she would not of been discussing the train and railroad tracks, she would not of been code 13, or been on the telephone if she was at Tyler the entire time. She would not of already called in the signal 8 and gotten the info from family members if she was at the Tyler address initially.

you're adorable. So why exactly was she saying (before going "back" to Green Ln) that "she was last seen.....1 1/2 hours ago at her residence"...a reference she makes FROM the 116 Tyler? This is well before she arrives (as you surmise) a second time. I surmise she was dispatched to Tyler BEFORE she was asked to go back (down the road, not return to) Green. There is nothing in this tape, truncated or no, which would explain why the call begins with the dispatching of officers to Green Ln, and the ascertainment of exactly where was 1256 given the proximity of the call to Green Ln. and then sending 1256 to Green Ln for an assist.

Regardless of who was where the point is that someone on Tyler said the last time they saw the child was one to one and a half hours before LE arrived.

Houston, we have a problem....

I also believe there may have been two separate calls...one to Tyler and one to Green. The one going to Green intercepted and heard there was a problem on Tyler and wanted to know what was going on at Tyler. It appears that there was an officer either at Tyler or arriving soon..

before she said she mentions Tyler she is discussing the railroad tracks, she is signal 13, she is requested phone call of some kind - then she mentions Tyler address, then she says she is going back to Green Ln - then she mentions the 1 1/2 hours ago at her residence.

To me this says she was dispatched to Green LN - she is talking about the railroad tracks, is signal 13 and phone call of some kind - then she goes to Tyler - she is back at Green Ln or on her way back when she makes the 1 1/2 hours ago reference.

MLE1: What’s going on at 116?
FLE2: 1256.
OP: Go head.
FLE2: 10:08 from this location, going 97, back to Green.
OP: 10:4. Verifying the last time she was seen ____address.
FLE2: She was seen within her residence, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours ago..

The reference to 1 1/2 hours ago is after she is 97 back to Green LN not before.

With this being edited tape we don't know if she was at Green Ln for 30 minutes and then went to Tyler and was at Tyler for 30 minutes before returning to Green Ln - just no way of knowing without time stamps etc.

I don't understand the 1 1/2 hour thing - except it makes no sense to me if there was an actual siting of Haleigh at 3:00 or so LE would not of put that out there right from the start - it would of changed how the investigation - they would of known pretty much how far she could of gotten if they had a confirmed sighting of her that close to arriving at the scene.

Once all the info is released I may be totally wrong on how I interpretted the tranmissions that were released, I just can't see anyway based on what we have that 1256 was at Tyler first before cars were dispatched to Green Ln.

I do wonder why MLE1 didn't notice a squad car at Tommy's s when he drove by but FLE2 was at Tyler while MLE1 was 10:97 and 77. (on scene and situation under control) Then FLE2 10:4 that she is back on Green lane. "Are you back at the house?" can not mean anything other than she was at the house before. It seems pretty clear to me that she was at 202, went to 116 and returned to 202. Twist away, but it is clear.

If anyone was called to assist, it was MLE1, Sierra 1120 and Lima 1118 and they were rolling on a call from FLE2 for an assist and for rank on the scene.

Back to the 911 call: Below is a link to a very good article from the FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin entitled 911 Homicide Calls and Statement Analysis: Is the Caller the Killer?

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2194/is_6_77/ai_n27504386/

In this article they look at key elements in 911 calls to determine deception. They performed a study of 911 calls where the outcome of the case is known.

According to the article, the strongest indication of guilt is when extraneous information is given instead of relevant facts. The second strongest indication of guilt is self-interruption by the caller and changes in the direction of the topic.

Although Misty was the primary caller in the 911 call, forget her for now. She has so many deceptive indicators that it's hardly worth discussing.

So, if you look at Ron and his voice modulation, he certainly seems to have the loud volume, fast speed, varied pitch and emotional tones. I only question whether they were real or whether he was intentionally throwing his voice to a high pitch. It simply didn't sound genuine to me, but that's only a matter of opinion. Since his voice modulation is so controversial, take a look at what Ron actually said.

Here is what Ron said when he talked to the 911 dispatcher:

"I just got home from work, my five-year-old daughter is gone - I need someone here now."

It looks to me like his first order of business was establishing an alibi. This was extraneous information.

Then his next statement is:

"If I find whoever has my daughter before you all do, I'm killing them... I don't care - I will spend the rest of my life in prison... you can put that on the recording... I don't care."

This is absolutely too much information and not relevant to helping the dispatcher with the task at hand. It also sort of changes the direction of the topic doesn't it? I mean, the topic is finding his daughter, not about what he is going to do to someone and whether he cares if he goes to prison.

Ron is then asked about a description of the pajamas she was wearing and his response was:

"I don't f%$ know!"

The level of cooperation is clearly very low. He's not even trying to respond to the dispatcher's inquiries. Later in the call he even says, "F her date of birth."

You then have another outburst by Ronald about killing someone and going to prison and so on it goes.

What is very lacking in the 911 call is Ron's lack of cooperation, non-response to the dispatcher inquiries, resisting full cooperation, anger and threats. In the transcript of the 911 call, I don't see any accurate, concise, clear or relevant information he gave to the dispatcher about HaLeigh. None.

Something else that is seriously lacking in this call is Ron's fear for his daughter.

To sum up my point, it is not always how someone says something, but also what they say and what they don't say.

The 1 - 1 1/2 hours ago is very confusing. I do not know if they use the time the person reports the person missing which Misty said was at around 3:00 she noticed Haleigh was gone which would coincide with the 1 to 1 1/2 hours ago. It makes no sense to me if Haleigh was physically seen at 2:30 or 3:00 that LE would of not put that out there right away - it would aid in finding the child. It would change the way perimeters and searches are set up, how far the child could of gotten etc what areas to look in.

There is so much we don't know and this leaves us all in a state of confusion. :crazy: I so want to see some reports.

Back to the 911 call: Below is a link to a very good article from the FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin entitled 911 Homicide Calls and Statement Analysis: Is the Caller the Killer?

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2194/is_6_77/ai_n27504386/

In this article they look at key elements in 911 calls to determine deception. They performed a study of 911 calls where the outcome of the case is known.

According to the article, the strongest indication of guilt is when extraneous information is given instead of relevant facts. The second strongest indication of guilt is self-interruption by the caller and changes in the direction of the topic.

Although Misty was the primary caller in the 911 call, forget her for now. She has so many deceptive indicators that it's hardly worth discussing.

So, if you look at Ron and his voice modulation, he certainly seems to have the loud volume, fast speed, varied pitch and emotional tones. I only question whether they were real or whether he was intentionally throwing his voice to a high pitch. It simply didn't sound genuine to me, but that's only a matter of opinion. Since his voice modulation is so controversial, take a look at what Ron actually said.

Here is what Ron said when he talked to the 911 dispatcher:

"I just got home from work, my five-year-old daughter is gone - I need someone here now."

It looks to me like his first order of business was establishing an alibi. This was extraneous information.

Then his next statement is:

"If I find whoever has my daughter before you all do, I'm killing them... I don't care - I will spend the rest of my life in prison... you can put that on the recording... I don't care."

This is absolutely too much information and not relevant to helping the dispatcher with the task at hand. It also sort of changes the direction of the topic doesn't it? I mean, the topic is finding his daughter, not about what he is going to do to someone and whether he cares if he goes to prison.

Ron is then asked about a description of the pajamas she was wearing and his response was:

"I don't f%$ know!"

The level of cooperation is clearly very low. He's not even trying to respond to the dispatcher's inquiries. Later in the call he even says, "F her date of birth."

You then have another outburst by Ronald about killing someone and going to prison and so on it goes.

What is very lacking in the 911 call is Ron's lack of cooperation, non-response to the dispatcher inquiries, resisting full cooperation, anger and threats. In the transcript of the 911 call, I don't see any accurate, concise, clear or relevant information he gave to the dispatcher about HaLeigh. None.

Something else that is seriously lacking in this call is Ron's fear for his daughter.

To sum up my point, it is not always how someone says something, but also what they say and what they don't say.

Great post SoSueMe. It certainly has me thinking again about Ron's reaction that night.
I think the anger he projects is toward Misty with that line where he questions how she can allow his daughter to be taken, and calling her a "*****." But, he also shows distrust to the 911 officer calling in question what information she needs to help alert officials to a missing child.
After reading your post, I gotta say - Ron scares me.

Damn the uncut one is different (slightly)

:eek:

not long after the part about Green Lane the operator says when did you last see her
Misty says about 10oclock that she as in Haleigh was sleeping and She as in Misty was cleaning..
The operator asks what she was wearing as in Haleigh and Misty says

Side issue here......but also I hear a person in the background which sounds like *note*

Then Misty says pyjamas WE WERE SLEEPING

I thought she was cleaning !!!!

I just listened to the 911 call 4 times trying to pick up what RC was saying in the background. Never did make that out clearly but I DID hear MC say 4 times, she was "bleach cleaning". Very dangerous thing to do around children especially if you mix it with ammonia. Toxic gases and can be lethal. She seems to offer up that much detail in the very beginning. Makes you wonder what the possibility could have been that's maybe what happened.

I just listened to the 911 call 4 times trying to pick up what RC was saying in the background. Never did make that out clearly but I DID hear MC say 4 times, she was "bleach cleaning". Very dangerous thing to do around children especially if you mix it with ammonia. Toxic gases and can be lethal. She seems to offer up that much detail in the very beginning. Makes you wonder what the possibility could have been that's maybe what happened.

it did sound like bleach cleaning or finish cleaning...
.39 Misty gasps and Ron says How could you let my daughter get stolen in the middle of the night
at 2:00 Misty says OMG he is freakin out.

about 2:56- 3:00 I hear Ron in background saying something like this must not full or pull and Misty cries " er, Ronald but I just woke up.... and he says something like you do what you want to do

4:32 Ron say the lock thrust it sideways
5:04 Misty says , I , what did you do with it. ( I guess -his phone)

Misty sounds pertified at times afraid of what Ron might do

Does anyone know if the th 911 call has been enhanced for the background noise? I would love to be able to hear more of what is going on in the background.

If it has not been done does anyone know someone who can? Also, IMO we are not hearing the entire call/calls. There is more and LEO has it under raps. Or is the entire call/calls supposed to be disclosed due to the sunshine law?

Has anyone figured out why Misty used Rons cell phone to call 911 and why Ron would hang up on 911 if he could of used Misty's? I would like to find out the truth about Misty's phone and why it was not truely in service after 8:30 and why she turned on her phone at 3:15 and we know of no other confirmed calls aside from her claim that she tried to call Ron. I keep wondering why if she was at the front door with her phone why not call 911 from her phone and why would Ron hang up on 911 if he could of used misty's phone. I suspect that Misty's phone had minimal battery power and that is why her phone was no longer pinging after 8:30 pm and why Misty did not use her phone to call 911 and why Ron hung up on 911 and was the one to answer the phone when 911 called the number back ( it took a few rings) and then Ron tells Misty after he gets frustrated with all the questions to give him his phone and again Ron hung up on 911 dispatch. Does anyone else see what I suspect to be the truth behind Misty's phone. I also wonder if she was able to try and call Ron as she states if she did not try to call her brothers house to see if Ron and HaLeigh where there and was disconnected because of lack of battery power. I also have to wonder who all was home at the Croslins at 3am and why LE was there at all if HaLeigh had not been asleep there or seen last there. Is it normal for LE to go to another address in such a fashion and get statements if there was no complaint from that address or about that address. Have any WS'ers uncovered if there was a call to LE from the Tyler St address that night?

Has anyone figured out why Misty used Rons cell phone to call 911 and why Ron would hang up on 911 if he could of used Misty's? I would like to find out the truth about Misty's phone and why it was not truely in service after 8:30 and why she turned on her phone at 3:15 and we know of no other confirmed calls aside from her claim that she tried to call Ron. I keep wondering why if she was at the front door with her phone why not call 911 from her phone and why would Ron hang up on 911 if he could of used misty's phone. I suspect that Misty's phone had minimal battery power and that is why her phone was no longer pinging after 8:30 pm and why Misty did not use her phone to call 911 and why Ron hung up on 911 and was the one to answer the phone when 911 called the number back ( it took a few rings) and then Ron tells Misty after he gets frustrated with all the questions to give him his phone and again Ron hung up on 911 dispatch. Does anyone else see what I suspect to be the truth behind Misty's phone. I also wonder if she was able to try and call Ron as she states if she did not try to call her brothers house to see if Ron and HaLeigh where there and was disconnected because of lack of battery power. I also have to wonder who all was home at the Croslins at 3am and why LE was there at all if HaLeigh had not been asleep there or seen last there. Is it normal for LE to go to another address in such a fashion and get statements if there was no complaint from that address or about that address. Have any WS'ers uncovered if there was a call to LE from the Tyler St address that night?

Good Afternoon Texasmommy.

I don't think we can assume that Misty did not use her own cell phone when she called 911. It was indeed confirmed that Misty had her own cell phone and Ronald had a cell phone as well. Misty's phone was turned off after 8:30, I can't think of a good reason for turning off a phone when you are alone, at your boyfriends house taking care of the children. Misty's phone was turned back on after 3 AM. The first call she made was to her brother, the second call she made was to Ronald's cell phone. Ronald said he didn't answer her call because he was pulling in the driveway and he could see her. Next Misty called 911 as directed by Ronald.

We know that police have the phone records and that recently Ronald went in to go over the records. I am not sure why the interviews on the phone records weren't gone over in the first hour to weeks after Haleigh went missing, but that is just me.

I listened to the 911 call with my headphones on because I was truly focusing on what I heard going on in the background. If you listen very carefully you can hear Ronald talking on his phone in the background of Misty's 911 call. So did he call his mother while Misty was on the phone with 911, did he call GGS? Only Law Enforcement knows those answers since they have the phone records.

The talk about the call at Tyler Street can be heard when you listen to the radio transmissions on the night that Haleigh went missing.

It can be confirmed. At the end of the 911 call, Ronald says "Give me my @#$$#%$ phone back, we got better people to call....."

Misty was using Ronald's phone. Plus, they list one number for two phones on the police report. why is that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back