The 911 Call, LE Radio Call & Police Report

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If RC did not call her "during" the 911 call (as she suggests) then that means he called her before. He didn't call her during the 911 because he was cursing at Misty telling her to give him the phone. He slammed the phone down on 911 stating he had better people to call. Did he ever say who he called after he hung up?

what i had said was that RC should have called 911, he was at the mh when 911 was call, as MC didn't bother calling until he arrived. RC is the parent of the missing child he should be the one calling 911 in my opinion.

As a parent, if your babysitter (age 16) told you when you came home that your child was missing, wouldn't you grab a phone and run around calling out for them? (i know i would) and once i couldn't find them, wouldn't you call 911? Or would you make your babysitter call 911?

And IF he was so concerned about the welfar of his children, then when he couldn't get a hold of MC after those 20 calls to her, he should have left work, and went home to make sure those children were safe, but he didn't, what did he do? he chose to stay at work, and chose to work extra shift and then chose to stop at the store and buy cigs, beer, and peanuts. THAT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE ANY CONCERNED PARENT TO ME.

What woudl he be looking out for? The police? AFAIK, MC didn't account for any details of the crime on the 911 call, all she did was provide information to the dispatcher that allowed the police to find their location, and possibly give a discription of what HaLeigh was wearing (the only thing RC wouldn't be able to tell LE, b/c he wasn't there) I am sure Ron knew his address, and how much his daughter weighed, what color her hair was, it would have required one question from Ron to Misty to answer the question about what HaLeigh was wearing.

IMO, The way Ron has acted since his daughter went missing, is the sole reason the public views him the way they do.
First, I think MC was a bit more than a babysitter. If I left my child w/ a 16yr old babysitter and said sitter woke up and my child was missing then yes, I would expect her to call 911! I don't think that is an unreasonable expectation.

I have no idea what those people thought he should be outside looking for, that question would have to be directed to them.

If I was at work and tried to reach my husband to let him know I was working overtime and he didn't answer after 20 calls, I prob. would not leave work to check on him and my child. I would figure he had left his phone in his truck again. Most people don't assume their child is missing when they can't reach someone on the phone. And if I left work everytime I couldn't reach my husband on his cell phone, I wouldn't have a job.

Where I live the majority of the "public" don't even know who Ronald Cummings is, much less have a view of him.

I think telling your teeny bopper girlfriend to call 911 for YOUR missing child is not logical. He just met this girl in October or so. He had to know something about her and if she did drugs. Curvecuti, comparing your husband not being home and Misty not answering when there are two small children being watched by somebody like Misty is not a good comparison.

Ron does not do logical; however, the fact that he made her make the call shows me he does not want to deal with LE. When they arrived, he was useless also. This 911 call reeks or suspicion.

He was demanding them to get there ASAP. They arrive....he's doesn't speak. Shortly thereafter, he is supporting the sitter.....go figure! Another oddity, research also tells us that most would be critical of the person that was last seen. Instead, when LE tells him Misty is not being forthcoming, he ups and marries her.

..........He has created people's suspicion and has managed to raise red flags all around the sleuthing world.

First, I think MC was a bit more than a babysitter. If I left my child w/ a 16yr old babysitter and said sitter woke up and my child was missing then yes, I would expect her to call 911! I don't think that is an unreasonable expectation.

Had he made the call, at least they could have gotten an accurate description of her. Haleigh does not have brown hair.

I have no idea what those people thought he should be outside looking for, that question would have to be directed to them.

I guess that would be me that question should be directed at. Just by mere chance the abductor was still in the area leading Haleigh by the hand, at least if he were out there calling, she possibly could have heard her name being called and hollered back. That's what I thought he should be looking for.

If I was at work and tried to reach my husband to let him know I was working overtime and he didn't answer after 20 calls, I prob. would not leave work to check on him and my child. I would figure he had left his phone in his truck again. Most people don't assume their child is missing when they can't reach someone on the phone. And if I left work everytime I couldn't reach my husband on his cell phone, I wouldn't have a job.

You may not have the job but there's always another job. There's only one of your child.

Where I live the majority of the "public" don't even know who Ronald Cummings is, much less have a view of him.

I'm pretty sure the "majority of the public" don't live where you do.

ELLIE JOSTAD, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER, COVERING STORY: Yes, we do actually. Police say that they do have Ronald Cummings` cell phone records. That they have evidence that he tried to call her over 20 times that night between about 8:00, 8:30 and when he got home from work a little after 3:00.
My antennae went up when I read what I highlighted in red. Why would he still be calling after he got home from work? Just sounds wierd the way its' worded.

Has this ever been worked out? Sounds hinky to me too Baznme :waitasec:

It sounds like she wasn't home when Ron got home, I don't know. No, it has never been cleared up, just like everything else, we just don't know.

My antennae went up when I read what I highlighted in red. Why would he still be calling after he got home from work? Just sounds wierd the way its' worded.

The reporter didn't word it very well. I take it to mean he tried calling her between 8:30 until a little after 3:00, when he got off work. Not that he called after he got home. IOW, between 8:30 and 3:00. Then he arrived home a little after.

I think telling your teeny bopper girlfriend to call 911 for YOUR missing child is not logical. He just met this girl in October or so. He had to know something about her and if she did drugs. Curvecuti, comparing your husband not being home and Misty not answering when there are two small children being watched by somebody like Misty is not a good comparison.

Ron does not do logical; however, the fact that he made her make the call shows me he does not want to deal with LE. When they arrived, he was useless also. This 911 call reeks or suspicion.
He was demanding them to get there ASAP. They arrive....he's doesn't speak. Shortly thereafter, he is supporting the sitter.....go figure! Another oddity, research also tells us that most would be critical of the person that was last seen. Instead, when LE tells him Misty is not being forthcoming, he ups and marries her.

..........He has created people's suspicion and has managed to raise red flags all around the sleuthing world.

For someone who was too upset to talk to LE when they arrived and give them any information about his missing daughter, he certainly managed to explain to LE why his hand was all busted up...He didn't seem to have any problems communicating with them when it came down to providing an alibi for himself....JMO

BBM :)

I agree, MC was a little more than a baby sittter, but she at the time was not his wife. Misty was not the mother of these children. There is no comparision when the children are you and your husband's, or atleast in my opinion.

I would tend to agree, if it were my husband and those were his children, i don't think i would be concerned at all if i couldn't get a hold of him, but this is not the case at all with Misty and Ron.

I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one :)

The reporter didn't word it very well. I take it to mean he tried calling her between 8:30 until a little after 3:00, when he got off work. Not that he called after he got home. IOW, between 8:30 and 3:00. Then he arrived home a little after.

Yes, I agree. It was all in the wording.

Here are some things that keep popping up in my mind as questions. If I were allowed to ask these questions of Misty, these are some I would ask. Does anyone care to add to the list?

If you were cleaning that night, what did you clean and what did you use to clean it with?

Was there someone else in the MH that night before you drifted off to sleep? If so, who? Did you actually babysit for those children at the MH and it's possible the parent came to pick them up and took Haleigh too while you were sleeping?

Also, if RC had said, OK, go ahead and you had to babysit outside the MH, how would you have gotten there?

Also, not a question for Misty but LE. Why didn't you take Haleigh's mattress in for analyzation?

BBM :)

I agree, MC was a little more than a baby sittter, but she at the time was not his wife. Misty was not the mother of these children. There is no comparision when the children are you and your husband's, or atleast in my opinion.

I would tend to agree, if it were my husband and those were his children, i don't think i would be concerned at all if i couldn't get a hold of him, but this is not the case at all with Misty and Ron.

I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one :)

She also was not of legal age to be serving in the capacity she was for Ronald Cummings.

He was the legal guardian of those children, and as such delegated his responsibility to a child. This responsibility included providing vital information regarding his child's appearance and dress, her birth date, and anything else deemed pertinent. He yelled and slammed and hollered but provided nothing. When given the phone to directly speak to 911, he yelled and swore and threatened. His teenaged girlfriend hemmed and hawed and stumbled and mumbled through her time on the phone.

For all the fuss he made, its a wonder he made the call at all, since it was never about Haleigh on that phone call; it was all about him.

was Misty more than a babysitter? She was a babysitter and aka concubine.
At one time I would have considered her possibly more, but after the way Ron
discarded her to the streets without anything, I'm just not sure where to file her dossier. As for the statement that if I was at work and could not reach my husband after 20 phone calls, I prob. would not leave work and check. The thing is Ron wasn't her husband, she wasn't his wife. If I was at work, and this is just me, and the person I was having sex with and who was babysitting my two little children could not be reached by phone after 20 tries, I think I would be barely clinging to the road in my attempt to get home and see what was going on.

I'm saying this because their relationship wasn't a stable one. And she wasn't from that area. More reasons to follow up on where the heck they are. And don't forget Ron was aware of drug use by Misty. So that is my take on this conversation that I'm sure we have had many times and its all my opinion cause we still don't know anything for sure.

I sure wish something would give so that we could move on.

This is something I can't really understand...If my boyfriend/girlfriend, whatever was babysitting and my child disappeared, I would be sitting by LE and urging him/her to relate every minute of the time prior to the disappearance. I mean when they finished eating, did they put down their fork, did they wipe their mouth. Maybe they washed their hands. Misty just fluffed over so much, there was alot of time and activities missing. And I would have been pushing for those details. I would not have accepted "I don't know."

This is something I can't really understand...If my boyfriend/girlfriend, whatever was babysitting and my child disappeared, I would be sitting by LE and urging him/her to relate every minute of the time prior to the disappearance. I mean when they finished eating, did they put down their fork, did they wipe their mouth. Maybe they washed their hands. Misty just fluffed over so much, there was alot of time and activities missing. And I would have been pushing for those details. I would not have accepted "I don't know."

Oh, PG.......that's all filed under "stuff she probably told LE but we aren't privy to" category.

I ain't buying it.

You all are awesome!!! I have been going over this case a million times and you prospective are so eye opening! I love it. I worked in LE for 10 years and your statements are right on.

She also was not of legal age to be serving in the capacity she was for Ronald Cummings.

He was the legal guardian of those children, and as such delegated his responsibility to a child. This responsibility included providing vital information regarding his child's appearance and dress, her birth date, and anything else deemed pertinent. He yelled and slammed and hollered but provided nothing. When given the phone to directly speak to 911, he yelled and swore and threatened. His teenaged girlfriend hemmed and hawed and stumbled and mumbled through her time on the phone.

For all the fuss he made, its a wonder he made the call at all, since it was never about Haleigh on that phone call; it was all about him.

ITA debs!

IMO, Ron placed those children in harms way be leaving them with Misty. TN was well aware of Misty's drug and threesome weekend, just prior to HaLeigh going missing. I would assume, TN has knowledge of this then so does Ron. (hence why Ron went looking for WBG early on in the case) Not to mention that TN just said "yeah, i know about the threesome" like it was not that big of a deal.

Ron seemed to want LE there fast, and rightfully so, but then to be completely useless when LE arrives, and yet again have another one of his women take care of his dirty work. Keeping himself completely out of it. It is very stange too that TN showed up with a pic in hand, didn't Ron have one in the MH? (i asked my mom, about this, and she said as a grandmother, she wouldn't have even thought about bring a picture, she said she probably wouldn't have even gotten dressed, would have come in the nightys, but that is just my mom, and for the record she lives twenty minutes away, doing 80 on the highway)

There is just way too many red flags for me......

Of course this is all my opinion.

Can someone give me a link to the most complete 911 recording? IIRC, it seemed like one of the early recordings that was available on a Central Fla media site was missing quite a bit of the calls. [Perhaps I am thinking of the dispatch tapes?]

TIA.

CN2Souls, Thank You for the compliment, from all of us here at Webslueths

:Welcome-12-june:

CN2Souls...Welcome!

I placed a banner with that post above but I see it didn't make it to the screen...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeMi2019
Back