The Alarm/Security System

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMHO, he would have remotely set it the morning when his mom said she was having problems. He didn't.

Please correct me if I'm wrong..... I don't remember reading (so much info---my memory is mush!) in docs or here if it's known exactly HOW the alarm was deactivated. Forensic techs can tell WHEN an alarm is activated/deactivated but can they determine HOW---whether physically from the touch-pad, remotely from a cell OR burner phone or any other device???

I'm thinking IF this can be determined THEN LE knows but isn't releasing that info (we do know that MS told BS to leave the alarm off that day). IF this is true and MS deactivated it himself remotely.... he may (I would think?) have done it from a burner phone---IF SO, wonder how many burner phones were purchased with cold cash by MS and only for MS's use, unbeknownst to the Master Mind In A Green Dress.

Of course, burner phones complicate things. I don't know what LE can obtain as evidence proof-wise other than the just knowing the perps were using them at certain times.

Please correct me if I'm wrong..... I don't remember reading (so much info---my memory is mush!) in docs or here if it's known exactly HOW the alarm was deactivated. Forensic techs can tell WHEN an alarm is activated/deactivated but can they determine HOW---whether physically from the touch-pad, remotely from a cell OR burner phone or any other device???

I'm thinking IF this can be determined THEN LE knows but isn't releasing that info (we do know that MS told BS to leave the alarm off that day). IF this is true and MS deactivated it himself remotely.... he may (I would think?) have done it from a burner phone---IF SO, wonder how many burner phones were purchased with cold cash by MS and only for MS's use, unbeknownst to the Master Mind In A Green Dress.

Of course, burner phones complicate things. I don't know what LE can obtain as evidence proof-wise other than the just knowing the perps were using them at certain times.

msboo, the docs (batch1) do not report how the alarm was disarmed on that Sunday morning. I don't know what kind of home alarm system is installed at the Sievers house and how sophisticated it it. By the fact that MS' mom called him up in NY informing him she wasn't able activating the system, and him responding to her to leave it off tells me it wasn't a system you could arm or disarm via cell phone code. Wouldn't MS otherwise have tried to arm the system himself?

-Nin

Wait a second, they purchased the lock picks at Walmart! Perhaps that's how they got in at around 6am in the morning!! If they went trough the main entry door they would have had for sure a delay of 30-45 seconds+ to disarm the system!!! After the homicide they staged the break-in through the side door!

Except they hadn't been to Walmart yet.

That's correct, mariahc. Thank you! However, they may have still gained access trough any alarm delayed door, like the main entrance door and perhaps the side-door. The garage side door could be even opened with a credit card, since the deadbolt was not engaged. The break-in (later) was classified as staged by LE. They will know.

However, this all still does not explain why the alarm was disarmed shortly after 6am only to be successfully activated again a couple of hours later by MS' family member?

Timeline of the alarm events docs Bates #6 , Interview #1 of BS:

attachment.php

and Bates #7, Interview #2 of BS:

attachment.php

Friday afternoon, June 26th - Sievers family has left to CT, BS arrives at the Sievers house, alarm is disarmed

Friday night, June 26th - BS says she armed the system upon leaving the house

Saturday morning, June 27th - BS says she disarmed the alarm, took care of the animals and thought she armed the system, but on

Saturday afternoon, June 27th - BS finds the alarm again disarmed and doubts,if she had even set it during the morning visitation, arms the alarm

Sunday morning, June 28th - 6:03 am, alarm is being disarmed according to LE

Sunday morning, June 28th - 7:45am BS arrives at the house and finds the alarm disarmed. She takes care of the animals and arms the alarm at around 8:00am

Sunday afternoon, June 28th - BS arrives at the house and disarms the alarm, takes care of the animals, fails resetting the alarm and notifies MS. MS instructs her to leave the system
disarmed.

Attachments

• alarm sievers bonnie bates number 6 prelim report.jpg
    alarm sievers bonnie bates number 6 prelim report.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 226
  • alarm sievers bonnie bates number 7 prelim report.jpg
    alarm sievers bonnie bates number 7 prelim report.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 223
They probably know what door they entered and when. The alarm system records this (or mine does anyways) just like it records the time it was enabled/disabled.

There are even records of movements the motion sensors pick up when my alarm is disabled. They all probably do this. I just have computer access and the app. I didn't realize what it recorded when I had just a basic system with no computer/app access.

That's correct, mariahc. Thank you! However, they may have still gained access trough any alarm delayed door, like the main entrance door and perhaps the side-door. The garage side door could be even opened with a credit card, since the deadbolt was not engaged. The break-in (later) was classified as staged by LE. They will know.

However, this all still does not explain why the alarm was disarmed shortly after 6am only to be successfully activated again a couple of hours later by MS' family member?

Timeline of the alarm events docs Bates #6 , Interview #1 of BS:

attachment.php

and Bates #7, Interview #2 of BS:

attachment.php

Friday afternoon, June 26th - Sievers family has left to CT, BS arrives at the Sievers house, alarm is disarmed

Friday night, June 26th - BS says she armed the system upon leaving the house

Saturday morning, June 27th - BS says she disarmed the alarm, took care of the animals and thought she armed the system, but on

Saturday afternoon, June 27th - BS finds the alarm again disarmed and doubts,if she had even set it during the morning visitation, arms the alarm

Sunday morning, June 28th - 6:03 am, alarm is being disarmed according to LE

Sunday morning, June 28th - 7:45am BS arrives at the house and finds the alarm disarmed. She takes care of the animals and arms the alarm at around 8:00am

Sunday afternoon, June 28th - BS arrives at the house and disarms the alarm, takes care of the animals, fails resetting the alarm and notifies MS. MS instructs her to leave the system
disarmed.

Wouldn't the alarm company have the times it was armed and disarmed?
I don't now how these systems work.
I have dogs!

B Sievers said she thought she armed the system she became confused.

I have dogs!

I know that even when your security system is disarmed, it will still make a high-pitched chirp (one time) every time you open a door to enter or exit. It sounds exactly like a smoke detector sounds when the battery needs to be replaced.
I'm convinced there are records.

I know that even when your security system is disarmed, it will still make a high-pitched chirp (one time) every time you open a door to enter or exit. It sounds exactly like a smoke detector sounds when the battery needs to be replaced.
I'm convinced there are records.

I used to work for an alarm company. The door chime is a setting that can be turned on or off, so that is unrelated. But yes, there is a report that shows when an alarm is turned on and off, and which code was used. This is common in businesses where multiple managers have their own access codes.

I have dogs!

They have everything logged I am sure. I posted the "armed/disarmed back and forth" because it clearly looks like a planned strategy to confuse the family member, who was taking care of the animals. She even said she was confused, who would not be.

It is very possible, that the alarm was indeed a cellphone/ pad/ manual operated system, perhaps not set up like it initially, so TS - or the family member taking care of the house - may not have known.

The log entries will hopefully tell!

-Nin

I used to work for an alarm company. The door chime is a setting that can be turned on or off, so that is unrelated. But yes, there is a report that shows when an alarm is turned on and off, and which code was used. This is common in businesses where multiple managers have their own access codes.

Thanks for the info, freekobe0832. Is it possible to "update" an existing manually operated home alarm system to a networking cellphone monitored and operated system?

-Nin

Thanks for the info, freekobe0832. Is it possible to "update" an existing manually operated home alarm system to a networking cellphone monitored and operated system?

It's been just over 10 years since I worked there, so unfortunately I can't help with that. Camera phones had just come out when I was there lol.

However, I would bet that it is very possible. Alarm systems are much more sophisticated now then they were ten years ago. If you can control security cameras from your phone, I'd bet they found a way to control alarm systems as well.

They have everything logged I am sure. I posted the "armed/disarmed back and forth" because it clearly looks like a planned strategy to confuse the family member, who was taking care of the animals. She even said she was confused, who would not be.

It is very possible, that the alarm was indeed a cellphone/ pad/ manual operated system, perhaps not set up like it initially, so TS - or the family member taking care of the house - may not have known.

The log entries will hopefully tell!

-Nin

i agree - after reading your post outlining the armed/disarmed events, it felt to me like someone was messing with BS's head (as you said, to intentionally confuse her)

ETA: and MS may forever make her feel guilty (as though if she would have been on top of the alarm system, none of this would have happened)
jmo

i agree - after reading your post outlining the armed/disarmed events, it felt to me like someone was messing with BS's head (as you said, to intentionally confuse her)

ETA: and MS may forever make her feel guilty (as though if she would have been on top of the alarm system, none of this would have happened)
jmo
Yes, I think it's really crappy and speaks to Mark's character that he would gaslight his mom like that, and then throw her under the bus when LE started questioning him about the alarm. Can't wait to find out what info they got from the alarm company.

I don't know if this has been posted before, but since we were re-visiting the alarm situation, I did a little looking around.

Builder Program
We work closely with your architect and builder to design your burglar alarm system, fire alarm system, closed circuit camera system, central vacuum system, pool alarm system, intercom and stereo sound systems, home theater and structured wiring systems.

All work is permitted by the local agency in charge and inspected by county or city electrical inspectors

Custom Designed Systems
Statewide Security of Florida, Inc. does not use pre-packaged systems. Each system is custom designed to meet the homeowners’ specific requirements; only the finest state of the art equipment is used.

Central Station Monitoring
Depending on a neighbor or passerby to alert the authorities to an emergency situation at your home is not a sound decision. Most residential burglaries occur during the day when you are at work, school, outside enjoying a walk or run or just running an errand. Without monitoring and no one around when your alarm activates, critical time is lost and possibly your most valued possessions.

In addition to detecting a breach in your alarm system we also monitor smoke detectors, heat detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, LP and natural gas detectors, high and low temperatures, humidity and water sensors.

http://statewidesecurityfla.com/residential-services/

I'll be curious as we move along in looking at alarm time/access...what times frames CWW and JR actually had in terms of total darkness...to work and get in and out of the home. Even though the sun goes down here in FL it can stay light for quite some time. It's not like the home was tucked in some corner far from view...it's very visible and stands out on the street. **Windows of opportunity...the words I was looking for...

Based on the Statewide quote above, I'm going to guess that phone access/internet access, etc. would be an add-on feature to whatever the Sievers' chose for security. Obviously, they didn't chose the cameras outside, so maybe they were just getting a basic system at the time. I'm sure it could be added on later for a price, and that would be an interesting detail if/when it occurred. It would also be interesting to know if the safes were alarmed as it looks like they can do that too.

Does anyone recall that in the very beginning after the crime had occurred, it was stated somewhere, probably in MSM that the alarm system had been installed either within the past year or earlier in the year? Sorry I can't recall when and where this was stated.

Assuming this is the case, then I wonder why they decided to get the system at that time. Was it Teresa's idea and Mark went along with it or what? Goes to how long MS planned her demise.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I took some screenshots of my app to give yall an idea of what my alarm is picking up and recording. I bet they all do this even if you don't have the app. My system is an adt. The previous owners did have a system from another company and adt was able to use that equipment. All the did was change the keypads.

Thank you. I think it is pretty incriminating, myself.

Let's just think like a truly concerned spouse for a minute. You receive a text stating your spouse's plane has landed, heading home, picking up something to eat. The next morning, you get a call from your family business employee(s) for whom your spouse is the main provider stating she is late and it is REALLY not like her to be late. So, you try to call. Can't an answer to a text or a call. You are thousands of miles away with your two children. So, try one more thing - track the phone and see if it made it home. It did. Now you are majorly concerned. First thought is maybe an accident at home, slip and fall in the shower? Heart attack? I don't know about anyone else, but health concerns would be first on my list - not some random crime. So, yeah, makes sense - call a doctor friend. BUT, let's not give him all of the codes to gain entry into the home, just one. You don't call 911 to meet him there or ask an officer to swing by to (1) protect the doctor friend from any untoward responses by neighbors, etc. and (2) to have EMS there just in case there is a problem?

MS covered his tracks with the text and tracking of the phone and even calling a physician friend to check on her, but he missed this one tiny detail IMHO.

Not to defend him but couldn't he tell from his phone if the alarm was activated or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crowskullsearch33
Back