The Amy Winehouse Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I feel terrible for her, but that's coming from someone who regularly throws pity parties for Lindsay and Britney.

She told the media that no-one can help her but her husband, that she cannot kick drugs without him, she doesn't know why he wants anything to do with her, openly admits she takes hard drugs, is a cutter and does not feel like she has any talent. She also says she feels disgusting and only Blake (hubby) can change that.

Can her family please get this girl committed? Or at the very least get her court ordered rehab?? I cannot imagine how desperately lonely she would have to feel to speak to Strangers (reporters) that way.

KatK - I disagree about her husband.....by all accounts she is by far the worst one, and HAS been into self harming for a long time...apparently he picked up the habit after meeting her.

Bruises on the neck?! That doesn't sound like a cutter to me....maybe though.

Lots of talented people kill themselves with drugs every day. I'm not going to find myself crying over this chick. She's got everything in the world and all she can do is stuff crack down her throat and slice herself with razor blades. She's pathetic.

Well, and you are welcome to that opinion. I don't share it though.

Well, and you are welcome to that opinion. I don't share it though.

What part of it? That talented people kill themselves with drugs every day? That's she's got everything?

The chick finds herself breaking into the American music scene, where EVERY ARTIST wants to be and she's falling apart because of DRUG ABUSE. Why should I feel sorry for her?

Amy Winehouse is a trainwreck. She know she is sick, refuses treatment, she is digging her own grave so i can't pity her. her song "rehab" says it all.
I read her interview in Spin and she is a whackjob.

This is pure cattiness, but I find her to be wincingly unattractive. Very cool voice, no doubt. Extraordinarily troubled, as well. I hope that she can find some peace for herself before she exits in a tragic manner.
Me too. I also ( I know this is HORRIDLY mean) can't help but look at her and think "that girl looks like she smells" Kind of like that bar restroom smell.

She needs some serious in-patient treatment. Detox, medication, therapy. I am talking months not just until the $ runs out. She has been mentally ill for a long time. Drug abuse is her self-medicating.

Wow hehe this thread reads a little like one of them cheesy check-out news papers. I had to google to even see who this was. Never heard of her before.

You can google images - there are tons. :D

s3_26_header.jpg

Don't laugh...but this is the pic where I saw her in a different light. She's not so washed out here. Just subtract the mascara all over her face. She has strong features...big eyes and pretty lips. IMO

Maybe her problem is she needs glasses??
It seems she has a hard time getting her mascara in the right place. :)

Such a shame, my husband has been battling drug addiction for years now and I just cant understand it. I dont drink or do drugs but he wanted to do it all and I have helped him through but I still dont understand the whole thing. I had no idea that her song was real.

Such a shame, my husband has been battling drug addiction for years now and I just cant understand it. I dont drink or do drugs but he wanted to do it all and I have helped him through but I still dont understand the whole thing. I had no idea that her song was real.

How very sad. Bless you for having the patience to stand by him. That can't be easy.

:p :p :p
Funny! I think the pic I posted was after her fight w/her hubby and she'd been crying.
Okay, that makes a little more sense.
I was thinking Wow!! That must have been SOME party she was at!

I was reading somewhere; who knows where that the Mother in law says they her son and his wife (winehouse) are horribly addicted to Heroin.

Everyone keeps saying it's too bad since she has a great sexy, smoky voice. Can't we find someone else to buy music from that has a sexy, smoky voice but isn't so screwed up in the head? I don't want my daughters to think you have to be all troubled and addicted to get record deals and I don't want to throw money their way by buying her album.....note to self......get rid of those Britney CD's that are collecting dust.

<snip> Why should I feel sorry for her?

I wonder though, is she an abused woman? How did that emptiness come to be inside of her, that she's trying to fill? Is it depression? That can strike anyone, and some are born with a tendency to it. That's why I hope she gets better, because I've seen a bit of the pain she's in, if she's a battered wife, and I've seen relatives struggle with addiction too. There is some pain she's trying to self-medicate, some demon she's not facing, because she doesn't know how/have the strength.

I believe the only abuse Amy has suffered is the abuse she's inflicted on herself. Her parents have done everything possible to get her help. She refused to go for a long time, then finally went, only to leave again.

She truly seems sick and I hope she's able to pull herself together and get the help she needs before it's too late. Drugs can do so much damage. She living proof.

I wonder though, is she an abused woman? How did that emptiness come to be inside of her, that she's trying to fill? Is it depression? That can strike anyone, and some are born with a tendency to it. That's why I hope she gets better, because I've seen a bit of the pain she's in, if she's a battered wife, and I've seen relatives struggle with addiction too. There is some pain she's trying to self-medicate, some demon she's not facing, because she doesn't know how/have the strength.

I agree that there's an underlying problem most likely causing her addiction, but if someone with her means and her connections won't get help for herself, I don't feel sorry for her. She's making things worse instead of trying to make them better. We've ALL had things in life to overcome. Drowning your problems in alcohol and crack never helped anyone.

I agree that there's an underlying problem most likely causing her addiction, but if someone with her means and her connections won't get help for herself, I don't feel sorry for her. She's making things worse instead of trying to make them better. We've ALL had things in life to overcome. Drowning your problems in alcohol and crack never helped anyone.
That is so true Jeana, when has crack or heroin ever helped anyone to get over their problems? Its only a temporary thing, it will make you forget until you are sober then its all over again. Very sad. It is also very hard for me to watch people with everything life can offer do this to themselves. I mean there are kids murdered, starving, and abused daily and these people just keep on killing themselves for a high! :banghead:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
friesandchips
Back