The Backpack/Bus Ride/Miami

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just read on the Miami hostel website that they have lockers in each room. Where at the hostel was she arrested? Did they check the room she checked into? Also, have they called the hostel to see if any backpacks were left?

This may be off the wall, but is it possible she bought the ticket only, to throw people off her trail, and got there by another means of transport?

I think that is completely possible. There are so many overlapping possibilities and there was definitely an effort made to make the trail indirect. I had not thought of this possibility until you brought it up but the confusion approach is everywhere else in this case--I'd think she'd have to make sure she wasn't traceable from the bus station since that was obviously where any search would start after the car was located. Yes, she had to have an advisor and even possibly a driver.

On BeanE's timeline for Dec. 27th it said the bus left at 1p. Logan reported the "I killed him text" to the police at 1:05p. So if the police called after the text she was already on the bus when the police were talking to her. FWIW
That's actually worth a lot to me. Thank you.
(and I even read the timeline, I just have info overload.)

Isn't there a time zone change? When she boarded the bus at 1pm, it would of been 12m in AZ...Also, If Lm received the text at 1pm AZ time, it would have been 2pm TX Time.

That's actually worth a lot to me. Thank you.
(and I even read the timeline, I just have info overload.)

I'm glad it helps. I notice the Dec 27th timeline has fallen victim to the black hole. Hopefully BeanE will bring it back. lol.

Isn't there a time zone change? When she boarded the bus at 1pm, it would of been 12m in AZ...Also, If Lm received the text at 1pm AZ time, it would have been 2pm TX Time.

Yes you're right. That would mean she was on the bus when she sent the text. The bus left at 1p Texas time.

I just read on the Miami hostel website that they have lockers in each room. Where at the hostel was she arrested? Did they check the room she checked into? Also, have they called the hostel to see if any backpacks were left?

Do you have a link to the hostel website? I've looked, but couldn't find one. TIA!:)

and that would have given her a whole hour to think of what to text LM?? Heres hopeing it took her an hour to think of the best "wording" and Gabe is still out there somewhere!!

Logan reported the "I killed him text" from EJ to the police by going to the police station at 1:05 PM but didn't he receive the text earlier that day from EJ? I thought I read somewhere he received it an hour to a few hours before it was reported to the police. I maybe imagining things so please feel free to correct me if I am. I'll try to find a link of when he received the text from EJ.

The newest Inside Edition Article says that she bought the ticket (that would have been right around noon) and then waited patiently in the waiting room for three hours for her bus. That would be three P.M. If Tempe LE called her immediately after Logan told them about the text, then she wouldn't have been on the road yet, or for another two hours...but she would have already done whatever she did with Gabe, so it still makes me feel a little better. I don't have to worry that what was done was done under extreme pressure from that call.

The newest Inside Edition Article says that she bought the ticket (that would have been right around noon) and then waited patiently in the waiting room for three hours for her bus. That would be three P.M. If Tempe LE called her immediately after Logan told them about the text, then she wouldn't have been on the road yet, or for another two hours...but she would have already done whatever she did with Gabe, so it still makes me feel a little better. I don't have to worry that what was done was done under extreme pressure from that call.

I don't understand how they came up with the three hours. Hopefully, BeanE has the timeline for the 27th. But when I read it earlier it said she was seen on surveillance video arriving on the parking lot of the Motel 6 at 11:45a and waited in the car for a few min. then around 12 she went into the bus station, bought a ticket and the bus left at 1p.

I don't understand how they came up with the three hours. Hopefully, BeanE has the timeline for the 27th. But when I read it earlier it said she was seen on surveillance video arriving on the parking lot of the Motel 6 at 11:45a and waited in the car for a few min. then around 12 she went into the bus station, bought a ticket and the bus left at 1p.

I bumped the Dec 27 timeline for you guys.

This may be off the wall, but is it possible she bought the ticket only, to throw people off her trail, and got there by another means of transport?

I considered that as a possibility early on. I decided against it because if EJ was really trying to throw people off her trail, it wouldn't make sense to purchase a bus ticket to FL when that was where she was really going. It would have made more sense to purchase a bus ticket elsewhere. Also, it's been reported that she used the "Jones" alias when purchasing the ticket, so it doesn't seem that she expected authorities to figure out the bus trip, or at least not quickly. JMO.

Logan reported the "I killed him text" from EJ to the police by going to the police station at 1:05 PM but didn't he receive the text earlier that day from EJ? I thought I read somewhere he received it an hour to a few hours before it was reported to the police. I maybe imagining things so please feel free to correct me if I am. I'll try to find a link of when he received the text from EJ.

I don't really recall exact timeframes for this. But I was also thinking about this earlier today. EJ had 1 to 3 hours (depending on the report) to sit in the bus terminal. I'm guessing she sent the text during that time, while she was sitting there bored, excited about her "new life" and wanting to piss Logan off.
Also, wasn't the text followed up with a phone call to Logan which was digitally recorded? It would be really crazy and risky for that call to be made while EJ was on the bus, JMO.

For those talking about time zones. AZ doesn't have a daylight savings. In December, AZ would be 1 hour earlier than here in Texas.

I don't really recall exact timeframes for this. But I was also thinking about this earlier today. EJ had 1 to 3 hours (depending on the report) to sit in the bus terminal. I'm guessing she sent the text during that time, while she was sitting there bored, excited about her "new life" and wanting to piss Logan off.
Also, wasn't the text followed up with a phone call to Logan which was digitally recorded? It would be really crazy and risky for that call to be made while EJ was on the bus, JMO.

For those talking about time zones. AZ doesn't have a daylight savings. In December, AZ would be 1 hour earlier than here in Texas.

I always thought it was odd that she sat in the car 15 minutes at the Motel 6 before walking across the street to the bus station. Maybe she texted/called Logan then, while she was in the car for 15 min.

Isn't San Antonio in the Central Time Zone? Isn't Arizona in Mountain Time Zone?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeybadger503
Back