The Blue Barrel in the Bedroom? #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The BIG catch up on the case for now is the video in post #352, WATCH the VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really impressed with the intelligence that Sharon Bychowski displays in her interview on this VIDEO. I would not be surprised that it MIGHT HAVE been she or her hubby that SAW the man with DP the day 'they' moved the barrel. I would not be surprised IF IF she KNEW WHO THE GUY was, OR OR that she could have picked him out from pictures that MIGHT have been shown to her. Guessing here, but but, that could have helped connect the dots for checking her info out with DP's telephone records.

One of the threads has the information that DP's telephone call record showed that he called this same 'man' the day of Stacy's disappearance.

IF IF I had had a neighbor who shared with me such delicate information about their husband, I think I would have remained rather vigilant in observing goings on next door.

I am also wondering IF IF LE has a guard at this mans hospital door. I worked on the same floor as the psychiatric ward of Colorado University Hospital. NOT in that wing, but the doors for access to this wing were locked from inside and outside. There may be a guard present somewhere near by, possibly a keeper of the locked door hospital security.

Amazing the people who would ride up to that floor to visit their relatives. I would often be in the same elevator with some very strange people.

camper:

Can you tell us/me what kind of people would be on that floor? i.e. People who are definately suicidal (after already trying to commit suicide), People who have no clue who they are or were they are, People who just took one too many tylenol's, etc??????

One of the threads has the information that DP's telephone call record showed that he called this same 'man' the day of Stacy's disappearance.

If true, this could be devastating to DP -- especially if the "barrel helper" caves in to pressure. Witness accounts placing him at DP's home coupled with the phone call could be just what is need to push "barrel helper" to the point of cooperation.

mysterview:

That is why I went back to Threads #1 and #2, maybe I need go back and read 3 etc............who was maybe just mentioned once, and has not been mentioned since and WE have forgotten that person's name???

A slight possibility??

OK, now someone correct me if I'm wrong. But early in the case it was reported that Drew's brother was in the hospital at least overnight, and that he'd tried to commit suicide. I've hunted high and low for 'news accounts' of this fact but have been unable to find anything.

Anyone? Do you remember this?

fran

I want to watch the video but can't do it here at work. Have to wait till I get home. Luckily I leave soon! :)

OK, now someone correct me if I'm wrong. But early in the case it was reported that Drew's brother was in the hospital at least overnight, and that he'd tried to commit suicide. I've hunted high and low for 'news accounts' of this fact but have been unable to find anything.

Anyone? Do you remember this?

fran

There were rumors that it was his brother or Ric Mims IIRC but I don't remember this from media reports.....maybe the gretawire? or commentary on the news shows?

camper:

Can you tell us/me what kind of people would be on that floor? i.e. People who are definately suicidal (after already trying to commit suicide), People who have no clue who they are or were they are, People who just took one too many tylenol's, etc??????

Psych wards have all those and more. I've been to Bellevue's psych ward in NYC a few times. The last time was guarding a citizen who tried to kill himself. Others there that night included a man who voluntarily admitted himself in the hope of getting free drugs (he kept asking me to ask a doctor to give him something), and at least two schizophrenics whose families had them admitted for monitoring. There were lots of other mentally ill people there whose reasons for admission were never learned by me.

As an aside, the suicide rate climbs during the Christmas season. In NYC alone in December, there is at least 1 jumper a day who tries to kill himself by throwing himself in front of an incoming subway train.

The original report of someone being in the hospital and then theorized that it was Paul originated from the Greta Blogs. It is on here somewhere...

I think the comment about Paul being the barrel helper guy was in Greta comments. It should be just a post or two before Greta's post denying that Paul or Ric committed suicide.

There were rumors that it was his brother or Ric Mims IIRC but I don't remember this from media reports.....maybe the gretawire? or commentary on the news shows?

Oh, that's probably where I saw it, the gretawire.

Yeah, that's probably it and I heard two different stories.

1. It was Ric Mims who helped move the blue container

2. It was his brother in the hospital and or he tried to commit suicide.

So, either one guess is as good as the other, at this point, imo ;)

fran

Jerz:

Thanks for the info. I guess I was just wondering if this "male" was in a unit, that he could have been released the next day or so?? (Which would then put Ric, Steve, etc. in the play for this story now to come out).

I love Christmas, but I dread all the newspaper articles that come out before and after about husbands killing................moms killing........
etc. "Stress" needs to be redone in the dictionary if you ask me.

"Stress"...........kills more people before holidays.

It was from the Greta Blog, someone wrote in about his brother tried to commit suicide the day after she disappeared, but that was considered a hoax at that time. However, it could have had, and looks like it had an inkling of truth..someone helped Drew move that barrel..it was someone neighbors did not recognize (all the key players so far I feel the neighbors would have recognized)..SO WHO IS OUR MYSTERY MAN?

As far as confidentiality goes in a mental health setting..if he told a doctor this the doctor or counselor would not release that to LE. However the scenero I am used to is then calling a close family memeber in for a seesion between the patient and the family member and it ususally comes out then. At that point the family member is free to go to LE and release the info. I would think that they have taked to this individual because of the comment it was "heavy enough to contain a body". You would need inside info to know that.
On another site I also read this indidvidual does not know where the blue barrel is now..either due to the suicide attempt altering his memory or because he didn't participate at that point.

fran:

actually, you have read both of those theories as we have. But. I went back and read those threads from (November 3 and 4), if what we are reading today is the truth, that the "barrel mover tried to commit suicide after Stacy's disappearance)" and I IMO RULE out that it was Ric Mims. (Not sure about Steve)

mysterview:

That is why I went back to Threads #1 and #2, maybe I need go back and read 3 etc............who was maybe just mentioned once, and has not been mentioned since and WE have forgotten that person's name???

A slight possibility??

I just think that whoever it is, wouldn't be coming around the house. It has been known since early on that a neighbor saw the barrel being moved, but couldn't id the man moving it. Neighbor would most likely know Paul. And Paul has been back to the house and has been on the media. So has Ric. So I am thinking it is one of the others. And I believe that it is someone who doesn't normally commit crimes. Someone in criminal activity usually learns to wait to see what is known and wouldn't have the concience to commit suicide.
So I believe it is someone close, who doesn't have a questionable background.
They are feeling guilty, and they are scared of being caught. So they couldn't go around the home because the neighbor might recognize them. The feelings of guilt and fear got to them, so the suicide attempt.
But I do believe they are talking to LE now. Just before Thanksgiving, info coming from LE started including the statements that they have had tips she is in water and etc. I think barrel guy is the tipper. No one else would know.

Barrel guy might be able to say where the barrel was put into the water, but with currents etc. LE will need time to find it.

Yes, it was on GW chico and it was posted regarding Rumors.

It was confirmed on GW that Ric or Paul had not committed suicide.

It was not confirmed however that perhaps someone else close to the family may have attempted suicide

HPIAA rules that came in effect in late 2005 will not allow any release of health/hospital/ambulance, etc. information to the PUBLIC.

I think (if this is true that someone is/was in the hospital after trying to commit suicide), is still either there or has been transferred to a safe house (another reason for the FBI to enter the case).

Scratch Ric, because I don't think he would have attempted suicide than been all on the news, helping police, blah blah blah.

Who was the dirty cop Drew was hanging out with? The one that was fired and the harassed people sued and won 2 million? Could that be the guy?

I am thinking the barrel is in deep water. Other depts have sonar, Equasearch has sonar. So why the need for the Navy unless they are looking at deep water.

Fox News - national not local - is now reporting on the man who tried to commit suicide and helped with the blue barrel. They interviewed Mary Frances Bragiel a local reporter (Chicago?) who stated that the man who tried to commit suicide is a FAMILY MEMBER.

They interviewed Craig Wall who said LE has found several blue barrels in their water searches and they've been taken back to police labs for testing. He also said that at this point they aren't sure if the blue barrel was put in water or buried. They showed on the screen a view of a river and a blue barrel lodged on the bank. I think this was for illustration only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member