The Blue Barrel in the Bedroom? #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh! Maybe they released something they weren't supposed to and asked by LE to hold off. Maybe offer them an exclusive when it pans out!?

I could have sworn that at the very, very beinning of this case, it was mentioned RicMims helped take out the 'blue container.' But I haven't seen anything about that since.

Was I dreaming?

fran

I don't think you were dreaming, Fran cuz I could have sworn that I heard/read the same thing. Thought I was loosing it - :bang: Glad to know that if I was - I'm not alone.:blushing:

The correct link to that barrel man report is:

New Development in Peterson Case

Doesn't anyone think it odd that now, twelve hours or more after the initial report
that NO OTHER news agencies are reporting similar?

I ,too, think that is very odd..this sort of break in the story one would think would lead all the reporters in mass to the ISP for more info.

I don't think you were dreaming, Fran cuz I could have sworn that I heard/read the same thing. Thought I was loosing it - :bang: Glad to know that if I was - I'm not alone.:blushing:

Oh gosh! browneyedgirl.

LOL, I feel better now knowing I'm not the only one. Even if it appears the report may have been wrong. :)

fran

I know that Ric MIMS did lead them to a blue container earlier in the investigation, but it was not the one that was used. Lots of blue containers have been found, but none have been the one they have been searching for.

The blue container is actually old news and the man trying to commit suicide would be old news, too....but declared a rumor. (Maybe it wasn't a rumor after all!) Greta might have to eat those words if this turns out to be factual and they were thrown off the lead on purpose.

I don't think it would be Paul who helped move the barrel (drum) because he would not have remained in Drew's house if it had been. The guilt would have eaten him alive. The man would be someone we probably haven't seen yet or heard from since he was in the hospital when the story broke. He would also be staying the heck away from Drew and the media.

This could be the straw that broke Drew's back...if it turns out to be fact instead of a rumor. Interesting!

SS:

I just went back to reread threads #1 and #2 when the "blue barrel/container" story first broke. It was theorized at that time that it might have been Ric. Based on what we know now, he is most likely eliminated. Paul (Drew's brother) if one wants to believe it is him, can be ruled out, if this person tried to commit suicide the day after Stacy's disappearnce as Paul as been seen/heard from after that time.

So who's left? Steve C.?? An unknown? I just don't know if I buy this story or not..........

Steve has been on camera several times since.

I think it will be someone who has not been around much.

Who have we not heard from?

Sister and her husband
the guy Drew stayed with after the search warrant
and the Randy guy

After watching the Fox News video, I think the police know who the man is that helped move the blue barrel, but it sounds like the man is not cooperating with LE. The reporter standing outside the Peterson house said they, meaning the reporter, know who this man might be and the question is whether or not LE can flip him.

So, it sounds like it's someone who's close to the Peterson family or even a Peterson family member. I don't think it's DP's brother, Paul, because he's been seen coming and going from the house on a regular basis and doesn't appear despondent in any way.

I think it might be someone in the background, someone who we don't know anything about. DP has his brother, Paul, and a sister, Laura. The sister is married.......could it be her husband? I can easily see how the information could get confused - the rumor said "brother", when it might have been, "brother-in-law."

Or it could be a close friend of DP's. I think it's someone we know nothing about - it's someone that hasn't been seen on camera or has given an interview.

I also think the police might be releasing this info now........"we know who it is that helped DP move the blue barrel, and we know that this man tried to commit suicide the day after Stacy disappeared" in order to put some pressure on DP and pressure on the man who helped him.

I think LE is turning up the heat in order to get either DP or his helper to break down and confess. My guess is the target is the helper.

Hi i.b.nora, are you the same ibnora from way back when? :-)
Is LizzieB still around?

Here's the transcript from the Fox News Video tonight:

==================================
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/p...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

New Development in Peterson Case
ISP Has New Information
Last Edited: Monday, 26 Nov 2007, 9:30 PM CST
Created: Monday, 26 Nov 2007, 9:30 PM CST

FoxNews Reporter Craig Wall: "Law enforcement sources were telling me tonight that the man who they believe helped Drew Peterson move that blue barrol out of his house and into one of his cars in his driveway tried to commit suicide the very next day.

That was four weeks ago today, the very day Stacy Peterson was first reported missing. The barrol of 55 gallon blue plastic drum like this (shows photo) has been one of the key items searchers have been looking for recently. Neighbors tell me at one point Drew Peterson had one in his back yard and Fox News previously reported that Sunday night October 28th, the last day Drew Peterson said he saw Stacy he called a man to help him move a large plastic container from his bedroom to one of his vehicles. Both his car and SUV have since been seized as evidence.

A source familiar with the investigation now tells me the man who helped move the container tried to kill himself the very next day and that man described the barrol as heavy enough to contain a body."

==================================

Just bumping up the transcription with much thanks to ACandyRose

I know I would try to break the person who already tried to commit suicide one day after the barrel moving incident. He's obviously the weak link, but may be holed up in a psych. facility now and for the foreseeable future. I don't think they can talk to him if he is hospitalized in a psych. facility, can they?

FWIW, I've thought for a while that when/ if DP knows his arrest is imminent for either Stacy's murder, the possible felony wrongdoing at BBPD, or Kathleen's homicide, he will commit suicide rather than be taken into custody.

After watching the Fox News video, I think the police know who the man is that helped move the blue barrel, but it sounds like the man is not cooperating with LE. The reporter standing outside the Peterson house said they, meaning the reporter, know who this man might be and the question is whether or not LE can flip him.

So, it sounds like it's someone who's close to the Peterson family or even a Peterson family member. I don't think it's DP's brother, Paul, because he's been seen coming and going from the house on a regular basis and doesn't appear despondent in any way.

I think it might be someone in the background, someone who we don't know anything about. DP has his brother, Paul, and a sister, Laura. The sister is married.......could it be her husband? I can easily see how the information could get confused - the rumor said "brother", when it might have been, "brother-in-law."

Or it could be a close friend of DP's. I think it's someone we know nothing about - it's someone that hasn't been seen on camera or has given an interview.

I also think the police might be releasing this info now........"we know who it is that helped DP move the blue barrel, and we know that this man tried to commit suicide the day after Stacy disappeared" in order to put some pressure on DP and pressure on the man who helped him.

I think LE is turning up the heat in order to get either DP or his helper to break down and confess. My guess is the target is the helper.

...I also think the police might be releasing this info now........"we know who it is that helped DP move the blue barrel, and we know that this man tried to commit suicide the day after Stacy disappeared" in order to put some pressure on DP and pressure on the man who helped him.

I personally do not think DP will confess to anything nor do I think that he cares how many bodies are left in his wake, so to speak. It's all about him and always has been. Hopefully, the helper will be the one to tell all. I of course can understand that he probably is scared for his life, at this point.

If he really tried to commit suicide, he knows something. IMO, just helping someone move a barrel is not a crime. You know that Drew lied to him. He just needs to do the right thing and tell the police everything that he knows.

whoa!!:eek:
i haven't heard this....this is something that LE has said????

gosh, i can't keep up with it all..

Our local news (DC's ABC affiliate) reported that LE knows who helped in the blue barrel removal. This was said on today's noon news cast...

Just bumping up the transcription with much thanks to ACandyRose

just watched this video...sounds like this person told someone that the barrel he helped move was heavy enough to have contained a body...wow!!
....this person will crack, mark my words....if they've already attempted suicide, they'll crack..

I know I would try to break the person who already tried to commit suicide one day after the barrel moving incident. He's obviously the weak link, but may be holed up in a psych. facility now and for the foreseeable future. I don't think they can talk to him if he is hospitalized in a psych. facility, can they?

LE could gain access to a person holed up in psych if needed. I would bet they've been talking to him and his family. Given medical costs for such hospitalization, I doubt this person would be held for very long (unless still viewed as a threat to himself).

We can hope that this person is surrounded by at least one decent person who is urging him to do the right thing and come forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member