The Blue Barrel in the Bedroom? #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering why they ordered pool chemicals so late in the year????
Unless DP had plans for the container......for certain its not warm enough to use the pool this time of yr in Ill.

LOL, Cheko1 I am still wondering why the barrel clue was so easy. Apart from his ideas about women, Drew P doesn't seem dumb.

He endangered a cop's life and other possibly illegal activities, but kept his job.
He managed to stay on the PD almost 30 years
He managed to advance in the PD, despite the previous charges.
He managed to acculmulate quite a bit of money on a cop's salary- not saying how he managed to do it, but he did do it somehow

So I have to conclude he knew his cop stuff, even if he was stupid about women.

DP might know "cop stuff", but we all know there is no such thing as a perfect murder. This alone could mean that DP messed up...thinking he pulled off a "perfect" crime since he felt he had done it before with Kathleen. He wouldn't take as many precautions...because he is such a narcissist that he would believe he was "smarter" than any other LE officer investigating the disappearance. He didn't count on it becoming an investigation to begin with and NEVER thought the death of Kathleen would be reevaluated! This was a huge surprise for him.

The blue barrel (drum) would come as a shock to him, too...because the only reason LE knew it was missing (besides the neighbor that DP did not realize saw them moving it) was due to Cassandra being curious about what it was earlier when she asked Stacey what it was for. She is the one who directed LE to search for it. This is only one of the serious flaws in his "perfect" crime.

DP might know "cop stuff", but we all know there is no such thing as a perfect murder. This alone could mean that DP messed up...thinking he pulled off a "perfect" crime since he felt he had done it before with Kathleen. He wouldn't take as many precautions ...because he is such a narcissist that he would believe he was "smarter" than any other LE officer investigating the disappearance. He didn't count on it becoming an investigation to begin with and NEVER thought the death of Kathleen would be reevaluated! This was a huge surprise for him.

The blue barrel (drum) would come as a shock to him, too...because the only reason LE knew it was missing (besides the neighbor that DP did not realize saw them moving it) was due to Cassandra being curious about what it was earlier when she asked Stacey what it was for. She is the one who directed LE to search for it. This is only one of the serious flaws in his "perfect" crime.

Still, the barrel hasn't been found, and so far it may be a perfect crime.

Thanks Liz, I searched the entire news nets last night. Try again.

SOOOOOOOO here is some info I dug up again:

This picture is from my Post #77 page four of this thread!! This is a CLOSED head drum, needs a pump to pump out contents. Here is the link posted on Post #77.
http://www.globalindustrial.com/gcs...m.itemKey=30047795&infoParam.picGroupKey=3021

This is the link that has the info about the barrel, from the Distributor or Manufacturer.
shop_online.gif
TOP CATEGORIES

-------------------But see this from the same mfgr. above.

http://www.globalindustrial.com/gcs...ms.categoryKey=1661&REQ_SUB_CAT=Drums+&+Pails
Drum Open Head With Plain Cover
Heavy duty open head plastic drum with plain cover has 3/16" thick walls which provide superior storage, handling and shipping. FDA and UN approved. From $82.95
---------------------------------------

My thought is that IF IF IF DP's barrel had liquid Chlorine in it, it would have required a pump for it that would fit into one of the white caps on the barrel shown.

We need to see HOW Chlorine comes, IF IF IF liquid then it needed a pump FOR a barrel this size with a CLOSED HEAD.

IF IF IF Chlorine comes powdered, then most likely it would have an OPEN head to scoop out. I have not researched HOW a person orders Chlorine for a home pool. Anyone go ahead.

IF IF IF Chlorine comes in powder form for home pools, I am guessing it would not come in a HUGE barrel like this, cuz yer arm is not long enough to get it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE donut know what type of head DP's barrel was, but IF IF IF it was purchased with devious thoughts, and IF IF IF it was used in the disappearance of Stacy, then it most likely was a CLOSED HEAD barrel.

--->>>Just a review for those who missed this information.

[SIZE=+1]A 'closed head' barrel/drum/container CANNOT have the top removed, it is manufactured with a CLOSED TOP. ONLY way to get ingredients IN is with a pump or POUR THEM IN .[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]AN 'open head can be removed it is a LOOSE lid, so you take the lid off and put stuff in the barrel/drum/container OR OR take stuff OUT of the barrel.[/SIZE]

Someone posted that Cassandra posted a picture of a CLOSED HEAD container on another forum, 'that was like the one she saw in the DP's garage'.

Two questions then:

1. Was Cassandra correct in her perception of the barrel/drum/container being like the one she saw in the garage?

2. DID DP figure out a way to saw off the lid of the CLOSED HEAD barrel/drum/container AND THEN put it back solidly enough to lie on its side in his Denali vehicle, WITH a body inside????

IF IF IF DP sawed a clean saw cut to take the top off of a closed head barrel/drum/container he could possibly have glued the top back on. This would be a great big job to have done in a panic situation.

Why is DP unconcerned about the barrel?

What if the barrel is long gone, as in taken out of state? DP could have hired a criminal to transport it to who knows where. I think this is what happened, i.e why no one knows who helped DP load the barrel and why no one can find it. And, now that a month has passed, who would recall seeing someone transporting a blue barrel along an Interstate highway?

What if DP just used the barrel to transport her body, then just disposed of it? He could have just strapped the top back on the barrel. There have been some barrels found,obviously not with a body in them but were they closely inspected for other evidence? He had a lot of time to travel- I don't think he would have dumped her anywhere near BB.

What if the barrel is long gone, as in taken out of state? DP could have hired a criminal to transport it to who knows where. I think this is what happened, i.e why no one knows who helped DP load the barrel and why no one can find it. And, now that a month has passed, who would recall seeing someone transporting a blue barrel along an Interstate highway?

--->>>

--->>>Trino, I concur with your thoughts, possibilities are rather endless.

IF IF the CLOSED HEAD barrel did actually hold SP, and IF IF Cassandra mis identified the TYPE of barrel as a CLOSED HEAD drum.

DP could have sawed off the top carefully and then put the top back on with her body inside. See this wondrous putty as seen on TV www.mightyputty.com

Seamless hold to 350 pounds.

HOWEVER on the other hand, the barrel just might be a wolf in sheeps clothing. MAGIC, see the barrel go, wife disappears, HMMM musta been in the barrel with the rabbit.

DP is crazy, so anything is possible. BUT BUT he had help with the barrel, how did the nightstand go bye bye? IF the cars were outside something musta been happening in the garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT?

I read somewhere that the cars weren't in the garage because the Petersons had so much junk in there that they couldn't get their cars inside. (No reference.)

I read somewhere that the cars weren't in the garage because the Petersons had so much junk in there that they couldn't get their cars inside. (No reference.)

That's my impression also after seeing glimpses of the open garage.

Maybe Drew P needed the barrel of chlorine to cover up the area where Stacy is hidden. Stacy's not in the barrel but the barrel was needed to finish the job??

Maybe Drew P needed the barrel of chlorine to cover up the area where Stacy is hidden. Stacy's not in the barrel but the barrel was needed to finish the job??

I thought about that scenero too, Chico. But you would have thought that from Bobby Cutt's case he would have known chlorine does not hide the death scent from a cadaver dog..although it does speed up decomposition of the body.

The cadaver dog hit in the bedroom and I thought Stacy's car. I am thinking she was in the trunk. Someone helped Drew move the barrell to his Denali. I think he may have used the the chlorine to help her remains decompose more qiuckly..but I don't think she was ever in the barrell.

The thing that bothers me about her possibly being killed at home is..how would he get the body from an upstairs bedroom, to the garage, and then outside to the trunk of her car without the kids in the house, 4 kids, seeing him? How would he then get the body into the trunk without neighbors seeing him? His neighbors seem pretty obseverant of what goes on in the neigborhood.

From Laura Ingle's blog yesterday:

"I took this picture of the house today to show you where their bedroom is..
I’ve been told it’s the window directly above the garage."

New day, new search for Stacy

and, from an entry today:

"I’ve talked to people who have been questioned by investigators about Drew and Stacy’s bedroom furniture. One person reportedly has said that they saw Drew carry out a nightstand that was there when cops originally took pictures inside their house after she vanished, and then when they went back to take more pictures, it was gone. A neighbor who knows Stacy well, was asked by the cops to draw the layout of the furniture in that room on a piece of paper."

My conversation with Drew

From Laura Ingle's blog yesterday:

"I took this picture of the house today to show you where their bedroom is..
I’ve been told it’s the window directly above the garage."

New day, new search for Stacy

and, from an entry today:

"I’ve talked to people who have been questioned by investigators about Drew and Stacy’s bedroom furniture. One person reportedly has said that they saw Drew carry out a nightstand that was there when cops originally took pictures inside their house after she vanished, and then when they went back to take more pictures, it was gone. A neighbor who knows Stacy well, was asked by the cops to draw the layout of the furniture in that room on a piece of paper."

My conversation with Drew

Doesn't that sound like scrubbing the bathtub in Kathleens home after everyone had left?

What if DP just used the barrel to transport her body, then just disposed of it? He could have just strapped the top back on the barrel. There have been some barrels found,obviously not with a body in them but were they closely inspected for other evidence? He had a lot of time to travel- I don't think he would have dumped her anywhere near BB.

Dobler, Welcome to Websleuths!

I've wondered too if the blue barrel was only for the purpose of transporting Stacy's body from the house to the car and to a location for burial. But the one factor that I'm hesitant about is the fact that scuba diving weights are also missing from the house. That would seem to indicate that the weights were needed to weigh the barrel down in a body of water. Unless........those weights were thrown in just to mis-direct LE.

One thing that's bothered me from the beginning is the length of time that DP was gone from the house on Oct. 28th. According to the next-door neighbor, Sharon, both cars were in the driveway until about 1:30pm. The cars were still gone at 11:00pm that night when Stacy's sister, Cassandra, went to the house and spoke to one of the two older boys who told her that his parents had an argument and his dad was out looking for Stacy. Cassandra called DP, and she said DP told her he was at home, and she knew he wasn't because both cars were still gone and she had just spoken with the son. When she drove by the house at 2:30pm both cars were in the driveway.

Where was DP for 10 to 12 hours? Considering a couple of hours to bury or dispose of the body, Dp could have been anywhere from 200 to 300 miles from Bolingbrook that day.......in any direction. I think this is why LE has put out a plea for anyone who saw those two cars that day to call to contact them. They're trying to pinpoint where DP was that day.

This is huge news, thanks for the link!!!

ETA: Unfortunately, they didn't name the guy who helped move the barrel, or give any information about how they found out who he was.

Crossing my fingers and toes that this is not another rumor!

Anyone know where Drew was? rofl!

Did they say what condition he is in?

By tomorrow media will have found out who it is.

Not only is DP unconcerned about the barrel but maybe it's the one thing that will ruin his 'perfect murder'. IF Stacey was murdered and placed in the barrel and weights were also placed inside to sink it, DP may have thrown it into the nearest water way. And remember SP thought he putting a pregnant Laci in the bay was a smart move too, but he was wrong. Laci and the baby washed up...if Stacey is in the barrel, I hope with all hope that it washes ashore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeptemberDaffodil