Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are berated when they take a plane,
They are berated when they take a train!
Well they say they care about the environment but yet they jet off every few weeks ..... they have the right to be criticized. They want to be independent but yet rely on daddy's money. They should move in with Doria and save up for things with out expecting they deserve an allowance. They are not teenagers anymore, but the tantrums make them look like one. JMO

Berated when taking an entire car which reminds me of taking an entire section at Wimbledon:

6cafcf53f982cbd11130cbe0cbc301b4

image from News.com.au

BTW where is Archie???

JMHO YMMV LRR

Well they say they care about the environment but yet they jet off every few weeks ..... they have the right to be criticized. They want to be independent but yet rely on daddy's money. They should move in with Doria and save up for things with out expecting they deserve an allowance. They are not teenagers anymore, but the tantrums make them look like one. JMO

I won't comment on anything else since I didn't give an opinion on those things. But I agree, they can be criticized. I just think it's funny they are criticized for taking planes, but then when they take an alternative (that was even brought up in other threads), they are still criticized for the same thing. I was making a joke. MOO.

I won't comment on anything else since I didn't give an opinion on those things. But I agree, they can be criticized. I just think it's funny they are criticized for taking planes, but then when they take an alternative (that was even brought up in other threads), they are still criticized for the same thing. I was making a joke. MOO.

Yeah I’m with you. I will say I find it disturbing that people think taking a specific mode of transportation says anything about one’s mental health.

Why is that a problem? Archie is a private citizen. He should only be seen when Harry and Meghan want him to be seen. None of us have a right to see him.
Archie-e1506372815257.jpg

It's not a problem, people love babies and baby Archie is a cutie (based on the few pictures we have seen of him). Just like people love seeing pictures of Prince William and Kate's kids. Such a joy to watch them grow.
princess-diana-and-prince-harry-5.jpg

Princess-Diana-Prince-Harry-Prince-William.jpg

c736848e1f458ed0e476380ca039b3a6.jpg

young-prince-harry-4-1468838204-view-1.jpg

More and more I think that the royal family is so completely disconnected and out of touch with the people in the UK.

I think we're seeing the arrogance of a lifetime of privilege. I kind of expect it from Andrew, Charles etc but I thought that the younger royals had been exposed to enough of the world to at least be a bit more down to earth and realistic about their life choices. I've long thought when we hear about the royals wanting a "normal life" that they don't want what any of us would be considered normal they want what their friends would consider normal which is massive wealth without any of the responsibility of being a member of the royal family, I think they want the life of someone like the Duke of Westminster.

As a U.K taxpayer I object to paying for their security when they are not in the United Kingdom and are no longer working royals. Earning £400,000 for speeches but expecting the British public to fund your security when you are living in another continent is absolutely outrageous.

I think what put it in context for me was that Harry and Archie are 6 and 7 in the line of succession exactly where Beatrice and Eugenie were in 2011 when their security was taken away because they weren't senior royals which Harry now isn't either. I don't think anyone has resented B&E paying to live in St. James' or Kensington Palace where there is already security in place so that they're not costing much extra.

I think there has to be equality in this situation and there is no way if a former PM went to live abroad that they would continue providing security at a massively increased cost. I think H&M overestimated their importance and the public's affection for them and willingness to open their coffers indefinitely without a limit. I would say that just like in Canada someone will do a petition about their security funding that will gather thousands of signatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot