The British Royal Family #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank goodness for classy Kate where as with the other one I cringe to think what she has planned.

Its a real and valid concern for the lengths she will go. Considering that she didn’t let the age, fragility and historic nature of the RF get in her way of getting her way. She couldn’t give Harry and Archie the respectful opportunity to be with TQ for a very short time in the scheme of things. I can’t imagine what she can possibly be capable of if she doesn’t get her way.

HRH Anne, The Princess Royal, talks about her Olympic sport:

Princess Anne’s self-deprecating quip exposed - 'Very modest!'

princess-anne-horse-2448781.jpg

Image from linked article

Can a New Book Finally Settle the Feud Rumors Between Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton?

Meghan when she arrived,” she said. “But tensions were bound to arise because Meghan inevitably had to accept that, although she is a duchess, she is not married to the next king. I think she has found that difficult to deal with. And although Harry loved their cottage in the grounds, Meghan was conscious that it was tiny in comparison to the vast apartment complex where Kate and William live.”

This couple of less than 3 years has no achievements.

Unless they have cured cancer, established the first space station on Mars, or are releasing the COVID-19 vaccine, I fail to see how their time is worth anything more than a pamphlet and a thin one at that.

But I am VERY EXCITED about the 75Th Anniversary of VE Day to be celebrated on Friday, May 8 by Her Majesty, The Queen

Now there's a biography in volumes and well worth owning !!!

This couple of less than 3 years has no achievements.

Unless they have cured cancer, established the first space station on Mars, or are releasing the COVID-19 vaccine, I fail to see how their time is worth anything more than a pamphlet and a thin one at that.

But I am VERY EXCITED about the 75Th Anniversary of VE Day to be celebrated on Friday, May 8 by Her Majesty, The Queen

Now there's a biography in volumes and well worth owning !!!
Same here! They switched our bank holiday over to Friday, from Monday (usual May Day holiday). Altho.. Hard to tell these days what's a holiday, or a Saturday, or a Wednesday...

Our village is having a safe distanced competition of the best decorated red, white and blue house (knew I should have stocked up on banners) and a sing song from the bedroom windows at 9pm. That will start the dog off. But it's actually really nice that the anniversary is being recognised, a historic reminder that things will get better too.

Same here! They switched our bank holiday over to Friday, from Monday (usual May Day holiday). Altho.. Hard to tell these days what's a holiday, or a Saturday, or a Wednesday...

Our village is having a safe distanced competition of the best decorated red, white and blue house (knew I should have stocked up on banners) and a sing song from the bedroom windows at 9pm. That will start the dog off. But it's actually really nice that the anniversary is being recognised, a historic reminder that things will get better too.

That sounds absolutely delightful, HongKongPhooey.

I feel that Her Majesty, The Queen and Prince Philip are such pillars of strength, balance, devotion, and courage that this is going to be a very very emotional celebration for the UK, and for Brits of all fashion around the world.

That sounds absolutely delightful, HongKongPhooey.

I feel that Her Majesty, The Queen and Prince Philip are such pillars of strength, balance, devotion, and courage that this is going to be a very very emotional celebration for the UK, and for Brits of all fashion around the world.
Such funny old times Herat. I think it's going to be quite poignant as well. Hope all is ok with you

I’ve got my bunting ready to string up on Friday, not sure if our road has anything planned but we will be having afternoon tea in the garden and going for a walk up to the cenotaph.

Such a shame this virus isn’t over, I think it would have been a huge national celebration, any excuse for a good ol’ knees up!

Such funny old times Herat. I think it's going to be quite poignant as well. Hope all is ok with you

I'm going to fly the Union Jack from my home ( which will confuse my dirt-clod like neighbors a great deal)

I wish I had a WW II outfit to wear.

Maybe TCM will play some of the better WWII movies. Maybe Waterloo Bridge. That's a melodrama but Vivien Leigh was never more beautiful

I might make a Pimm's cup to celebrate. I don't know what else they drank in WW II. Well, they likely make home brews of all sorts, but a WW II drink doesn't really come to mind.

Maybe I'd open a nice French champagne. I'll have to check it wasn't from the Vichy France region.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I'm going to fly the Union Jack from my home ( which will confuse my dirt-clod like neighbors a great deal)

Maybe TCM will play some of the better WWII movies. Maybe Waterloo Bridge. That's a melodrama but Vivien Leigh was never more beautiful

I might make a Pimm's cup to celebrate. I don't know what else they drank in WW II. Well, they likely make home brews of all sorts, but a WW II drink doesn't really come to mind.

Maybe I'd open a nice French champagne. I'll have to check it wasn't from the Vichy France region.

Any suggestions?

Oooh Pimms... yes! I think I have some, best get my Pimms jug and cocktail stirrers out.

I think you should makes scones with jam and clotted cream, and just do Europe-y stuff all day - for the British aspect you must drink loads of (hot) tea from a china cup, eat fish and chips, talk about the weather!

O
Oooh Pimms... yes! I think I have some, best get my Pimms jug and cocktail stirrers out.

I think you should makes scones with jam and clotted cream, and just do Europe-y stuff all day - for the British aspect you must drink loads of (hot) tea from a china cup, eat fish and chips, talk about the weather!

Ohhh Fish and chips w vinegar

I love proper fish n chips

No hope of finding that near me now

O

Ohhh Fish and chips w vinegar

I love proper fish n chips

No hope of finding that near me now

I don't even think they have fish 'n chips here.... come to think of it! I shall have a cup of tea with you all Brits! :)

edited to add: I take that back - Paddy Whelan's Pub in town here. Will have to get some this Friday!

Any suggestions?
Margaritas are much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members