The British Royal Family #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I was really sad for Princess Beatrice because she did not get to have the kind of big, splashy wedding Eugenie did. But Beatrice's wedding gown, tiara, flowers--everything, really--were all so beautiful and classy, I don't think it mattered. I also realized it must have been such a special treat for the Royal Family to have such a small, intimate event. How many celebrations involving the Her Majesty have only 20 attendees? Well done everyone!
This!

I think I posted the picture wrong...sorry. I was nosing around a Royal website and came upon this beauty. I prefer rubies and emeralds over diamonds so this just grabbed my eye. Love it! It's probably been posted before but thought I'd share. Love the necklace too. Several on this page actually.

Jewels for July: Britain’s Famous Rubies

Burmese Ruby Tiara
Made by Garrad and Co., Queen Elizabeth II ordered the Burmese Ruby Tiara in 1973. It is designed in the form of a wreath of roses with silver and diamonds making up the petals while clusters of gold and rubies form the centre of the flowers.

A total of 96 rubies are mounted on the tiara, with jewels coming from The Queen’s private collection. The rubies are originally from a necklace that was gifted as a wedding present in 1947 by the people of Burma (now Myanmar.) The rubies are credited as having the ability to protect its owner from sickness and evil.

queen-elizabeth-ii-wearing-the-burmese-ruby-tiara-attends-a-banquet-picture-id506938668

A lot of people don't care for this tiara. My understanding is that is was made by breaking up the Nizam of Hyderabad tiara (matching necklace still exists and the DoCam wore it recently). I don't hate this tiara, but I thought the all-diamond Nizam was a beauty, and timeless. I really think it was a shame to break it up.

If HM felt she needed another ruby tiara, I wish she would have found a different way to do it. (Actually, I would have broken up the Nizam necklace before the tiara.)

If I ever find myself with a whole bunch of diamond jewelry and some rubies, I think I'll take them to Cartier rather than Garrard! Not the worst tiara in the world, certainly, but in my 'umble opinion, not the best. A bit clunky.

Here's a photo of the entire Nizam Parure. I believe that the center "flower" of the tiara was removeable so as to be worn as a brooch.

wpid-nizam_gift_to_queenelizabethii_small.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 256064 View attachment 256065 View attachment 256067 View attachment 256068

Beatrice poses with husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi and delighted grandparents after socially distanced wedding - but there's no sign of Andrew in official snaps - as it's revealed princess wore a dress loaned by the Queen for nuptials

Beatrice poses with new husband Edoardo and her grandparents after socially distanced wedding | Daily Mail Online

Congratulations to the happy couple. I hope everyone is well.
just stunning that the dress is still just as beautiful and stylish as when the Queen wore it. love it.
JMO

Royal wedding tiaras: From Princess Beatrice to Kate Middleton & Meghan Markle

Every royal wedding has its perfect princess bride wearing a one-of-a-kind fairytale gown – but what truly adds the finishing touch is a jewel-encrusted tiara to match.

In the wake of Princess Beatrice's low-key wedding ceremony, we're taking a trip down memory lane. From antique royal heirlooms to never-before-seen gifts that they've chosen to wear on their magical day, these royal brides certainly made a statement in their sparkling headpieces. Here are some of our favourites...

Pics and details at link.
it looks like the hem/ bottom was restyled a bit? They both have tiny waists - I love this dress.
ETA: "like"

Last edited:
it looks the hem/ bottom was restyled a bit? They both have tiny waists - I love this dress.

My guess is that Beatrice is taller than The Queen so some length had to be added for the best drape on it.

It's such an honor to the designer, the late Norman Hartnell and to Her Majesty, The Queen for allowing her granddaughter to use it. It's really the legacy of so many beautiful gowns Hartnell made for the Royal Family.

I think the barely-there puff sleeves were added for some church propriety - no bare arms stuff.

Along with the tiara, it is a really monumentally lovely outfit and Angela Kelly did a terrific job of fitting it to Beatrice.

I wonder who's idea it was?

I think this concept would so much appeal to Her Majesty and Prince Philip.

Don't forget she and her friends saved ration coupons to purchase the silk for her wedding dress.

I believe she would really understand the sentiment and the homage to her in this dress.

My guess is that Beatrice is taller than The Queen so some length had to be added for the best drape on it.

It's such an honor to the designer, the late Norman Hartnell and to Her Majesty, The Queen for allowing her granddaughter to use it. It's really the legacy of so many beautiful gowns Hartnell made for the Royal Family.

I think the barely-there puff sleeves were added for some church propriety - no bare arms stuff.

Along with the tiara, it is a really monumentally lovely outfit and Angela Kelly did a terrific job of fitting it to Beatrice.

Herat, good question. I'd love a little "backstory" on this!

Yes, well said. It IS a “monumentally lovely outfit.”

The dress is gorgeous, and Bea looks gorgeous. She really has a beautiful figure, too.

I love the addition of the gossamer sleeves. Very princess like. Very romantic, too.

An intimate wedding without a lot of hoopla feels very appropriate somehow right now.

And she got to make it about her and her husband... no drama press. I think that’s brilliant.

Her Majesty and Prince Phillip look really good, too. And happy for Beatrice.

51798194._SX318_SY475_.jpg

Anyone here about this book.

I love historical fiction. Sounds interesting.

The Woman before Wallis: A Novel of Windsors, Vanderbilts, and Royal Scandal | Quill and Quire

"If one positive thing came out of Madonna’s disastrous 2011 Wallis Simpson biopic, W.E., it’s that the film introduced Toronto writer Bryn Turnbull to the story of Thelma Morgan Furness. The American socialite had been relegated to footnote status as aunt to fashion designer Gloria Vanderbilt (and great-aunt to broadcaster Anderson Cooper) and former mistress to King Edward VIII. The world doesn’t need another book about Simpson and how her engagement to Edward led to his abdication of the British throne, but there’s been a sore lack of storytelling around Furness’s fascinating life and her role in two of the biggest scandals of the 1930s."

Has Sarah, Duchess of York revealed Princess Beatrice's stunning wedding reception marquee in new video?

Sarah, Duchess of York may have given a glimpse into Princess Beatrice's incredible reception marquee.

In her newest instalment of Storytime with Fergie and Friends, doting mum Sarah can be seen making animal handicrafts inside a quirky, festival-themed marquee, which is in keeping with the glamping décor that Beatrice and her husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi opted for during their post-wedding celebrations.

Featuring pretty green foliage, a large, orange-coloured teepee and even a woodland themed table that Sarah could be seen sitting at, the setting looked like something straight out of Glastonbury.

sarah-in-tent--z.jpg

Sarah shared the video on Instagram

IMO If Beatrice had announced her plans for this wedding to the public, the tabloids would probably have tormented her with BS headlines about Prince A. Keeping everything low key gave her the opportunity to enjoy the lead up to her special day.

Her dress is beautiful, the vintage look really suits her, she's an absolutely beautiful bride. Best of luck to her and her new husband.

I really hope we're going to get to see more photos!

Agree with this. The tabs would rake them continuously to get at Prince Andrew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro