The British Royal Family #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge react to Princess Beatrice's surprise royal wedding

It was a shock to royal fans everywhere when Princess Beatrice announced she had secretly wed fiancé Edoardo Mapello Mozzi on Friday 17 July. With well-wishes flooding in from all over, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge posted their kind words of support to the newlyweds on Sunday.

Taking to their Kensington Royal Instagram account, the royal couple shared an official photo of Beatrice and her new husband standing two metres apart from the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.

The sweet picture was captioned with a "Just Married" gif as well as a kind message, which read: "Congratulations to HRH Princess Beatrice and Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi who were married in a small private ceremony at the Royal Chapel of All Saints at Royal Lodge, Windsor on Friday!"

The media is being very kind to Beatrice today, and I’m very happy about that. She’s had a horrible few months and must have been so worried about getting slated by the press.

I was very concerned overall for her big day. And it's worked out so prettily. There was some petty headlines in tbe newspaper but it seems to be better today

BBC reporting the newlyweds decided to hold a private ceremony with their parents and siblings after they postponed their wedding in May due to the coronavirus pandemic.

So we'd have:

Andrew and Sarah
Eugenie and Jack
The Queen and Philip
Eduardo's mum Nikki and stepdad David
His dad Alex and stepmum Ebba
Sister Natalia and husband Tod
Half brother Alby (plus 1?)

Total 13 or 14

Was it 20 or 30 guests they had?

BBC reporting the newlyweds decided to hold a private ceremony with their parents and siblings after they postponed their wedding in May due to the coronavirus pandemic.

So we'd have:

Andrew and Sarah
Eugenie and Jack
The Queen and Philip
Eduardo's mum Nikki and stepdad David
His dad Alex and stepmum Ebba
Sister Natalia and husband Tod
Half brother Alby (plus 1?)

Total 13 or 14

Was it 20 or 30 guests they had?

It was said to be 20 and also his son was there too. Would you have to count the bride and groom?

So many things to say about this, I’ll just list them!

1. PB has had some really bad press regarding fashion, and I have to say, often due to her own choices. However, I think most people would be hard pressed to find much amiss here. She really looked lovely.

2. The dress: Such a pleasant surprise to see someone depart from the contemporary “wedding dress code” which apparently states that wedding dresses be a. Shockingly white, b. Sexy (okay, “body con” for those who rather use euphemisms) and c. Lacking imagination or at least some sort of meaningful significance, be it cultural, personal or what have you. As a very minor bone to pick, I could have done without the puffy sleeves, but overall, lovely and singular. And loads of “meaningfulness”.

3. What is it about this wedding that gives everyone such “warm fuzzies”? I’m a bit of a curmudgeon about the BRF. I really don’t like them much, but I can’t help but feel so pleased about this wedding. Perhaps the small scale here just lets the couple’s happiness shine through. It seems so “authentic” to me. No glitz and glam (and showing off designers!). I can’t help it. I’m happy for them!

4. The tiara: She got the best one! Actually, I really liked the bandeau (?) styled one that MM wore but, really: What could be better than a substantial but elegant, graduated ”wall” of Diamonds. And your Granny, the Queen’s wedding headpiece to boot!

Princess Beatrice's wedding ring revealed to be a platinum and diamond design by Shaun Leane

As soon as Princess Beatrice's marriage to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi was announced on Friday, speculation began about what the stylish Princess' wedding band would look like.

HELLO! can now confirm that British jeweller Shaun Leane, who designed Beatrice's engagement ring, was also given the honour of creating her wedding ring, and his stunning platinum and diamond design fuses Victorian and Art Deco aesthetics.

It also fits with Beatrice's engagement ring so that the two rings sit together seamlessly. Both the engagement and wedding rings were crafted by hand in the Shaun Leane Mayfair atelier after a consultation with the royals and are set with the best quality diamonds.

In a statement, Shaun Leane said: "I am thrilled for the happy couple, it warms my heart to see two wonderful people unite in love as much as Edoardo and Beatrice do. I feel very honoured to have been a part of their journey and to have been involved in the very special moments of designing and creating the engagement ring and wedding ring. I wish them a lifetime of love and happiness together."

shaun-leane-beatrice-z.jpg

Shaun Leane designed the stunning platinum and diamond rings for Princess Beatrice

The design signifies a break with tradition as most royal brides over the last century have chosen to have gold wedding bands. According to the jewellers Clogau, the Queen's own wedding ring is made from a nugget of pure Welsh gold from the Clogau mine. Princess Margaret, Princess Anne, Princess Diana, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall also used the same gold in their bands.

The most recent use of Welsh gold in royal wedding bands was for the weddings of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on 29th April, 2011, and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, and Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank, both in 2018.

So many things to say about this, I’ll just list them!

1. PB has had some really bad press regarding fashion, and I have to say, often due to her own choices. However, I think most people would be hard pressed to find much amiss here. She really looked lovely.

2. The dress: Such a pleasant surprise to see someone depart from the contemporary “wedding dress code” which apparently states that wedding dresses be a. Shockingly white, b. Sexy (okay, “body con” for those who rather use euphemisms) and c. Lacking imagination or at least some sort of meaningful significance, be it cultural, personal or what have you. As a very minor bone to pick, I could have done without the puffy sleeves, but overall, lovely and singular. And loads of “meaningfulness”.

3. What is it about this wedding that gives everyone such “warm fuzzies”? I’m a bit of a curmudgeon about the BRF. I

really don’t like them much, but I can’t help but feel so pleased about this wedding. Perhaps the small scale here just lets the couple’s happiness shine through. It seems so “authentic” to me. No glitz and glam (and showing off designers!). I can’t help it. I’m happy for them!

4. The tiara: She got the best one! Actually, I really liked the bandeau (?) styled one that MM wore but, really: What could be better than a substantial but elegant, graduated ”wall” of Diamonds. And your Granny, the Queen’s wedding headpiece to boot!

Yes! It was very intimate, personal and sentimental. Thankfully she grew out of the fad stages of the past.

I believe thats the tiara that can also be worn as a necklace.

Elizabeth II's jewels - Wikipedia

I think I posted the picture wrong...sorry. I was nosing around a Royal website and came upon this beauty. I prefer rubies and emeralds over diamonds so this just grabbed my eye. Love it! It's probably been posted before but thought I'd share. Love the necklace too. Several on this page actually.

Jewels for July: Britain’s Famous Rubies

Burmese Ruby Tiara
Made by Garrad and Co., Queen Elizabeth II ordered the Burmese Ruby Tiara in 1973. It is designed in the form of a wreath of roses with silver and diamonds making up the petals while clusters of gold and rubies form the centre of the flowers.

A total of 96 rubies are mounted on the tiara, with jewels coming from The Queen’s private collection. The rubies are originally from a necklace that was gifted as a wedding present in 1947 by the people of Burma (now Myanmar.) The rubies are credited as having the ability to protect its owner from sickness and evil.

queen-elizabeth-ii-wearing-the-burmese-ruby-tiara-attends-a-banquet-picture-id506938668

I think I posted the picture wrong...sorry. I was nosing around a Royal website and came upon this beauty. I prefer rubies and emeralds over diamonds so this just grabbed my eye. Love it! It's probably been posted before but thought I'd share. Love the necklace too. Several on this page actually.

Jewels for July: Britain’s Famous Rubies

Burmese Ruby Tiara
Made by Garrad and Co., Queen Elizabeth II ordered the Burmese Ruby Tiara in 1973. It is designed in the form of a wreath of roses with silver and diamonds making up the petals while clusters of gold and rubies form the centre of the flowers.

A total of 96 rubies are mounted on the tiara, with jewels coming from The Queen’s private collection. The rubies are originally from a necklace that was gifted as a wedding present in 1947 by the people of Burma (now Myanmar.) The rubies are credited as having the ability to protect its owner from sickness and evil.

queen-elizabeth-ii-wearing-the-burmese-ruby-tiara-attends-a-banquet-picture-id506938668

You did it correctly:)
I haven’t seen these worn together in a very long time. Love the multi colors.

At first I was really sad for Princess Beatrice because she did not get to have the kind of big, splashy wedding Eugenie did. But Beatrice's wedding gown, tiara, flowers--everything, really--were all so beautiful and classy, I don't think it mattered. I also realized it must have been such a special treat for the Royal Family to have such a small, intimate event. How many celebrations involving the Her Majesty have only 20 attendees? Well done everyone!

Princess Beatrice's wedding outfit paid tribute to her full name

When it comes to the finer details of a wedding, no one does it quite like the royals. Princess Beatrice tied the knot with property developer Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi on Friday 17 July during a private wedding ceremony in Windsor and HELLO! has noticed some interesting details about what the bride wore.

The Princess wore one of Queen Elizabeth's vintage Norman Hartnell dresses and accessorised with Queen Mary's diamond fringe tiara. Beatrice's complete bridal look appeared to pay homage to her full name – Beatrice Elizabeth Mary.

Beatrice also had the honour of wearing pieces that are special to the Queen. Her Majesty wore the Peau De Soie taffeta and satin gown on several occasions in the 1960s, including the State Opening of Parliament and the film premiere of Lawrence of Arabia.

queen-norman-hartnell-dress-z.jpg

The diamond tiara was also worn by the Queen on her wedding day to Prince Philip in 1947. The dazzling headpiece was originally made for her grandmother, Queen Mary, by Garrard and Co. in 1919, from a diamond necklace given by Queen Victoria for her wedding.

Royal wedding tiaras: From Princess Beatrice to Kate Middleton & Meghan Markle

Every royal wedding has its perfect princess bride wearing a one-of-a-kind fairytale gown – but what truly adds the finishing touch is a jewel-encrusted tiara to match.

In the wake of Princess Beatrice's low-key wedding ceremony, we're taking a trip down memory lane. From antique royal heirlooms to never-before-seen gifts that they've chosen to wear on their magical day, these royal brides certainly made a statement in their sparkling headpieces. Here are some of our favourites...

Pics and details at link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member