The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Jessica Mulroney has her own big connections in Canada. And the queen knew of her, certainly her father-in-law before Meghan.

I don’t think the BRF will have an issue with it.

But someone may have to call the Fashion Police on Jessica. For sure!

Kensington Palace recently retweeted this:

“Frank Lampard: “Suicide is still the biggest killer of men under 45 so getting everyone talking – whatever they’re going through – has never been more important. No-one should be suffering in silence.”

I commend both the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex for raising awareness of this very important issue.

Well, she IS the best Queen in the world!! I’m glad that little girl told her, very cute.

EDIT just checked and there are only two proper Queens of the world - Elizabeth II and Queen Margrethe II of Denmark. The others are ‘just’ Queens by marriage. I’m sure Margrethe is lovely, but I reckon ours just nudges the Best Queen title!

13 queens who are reigning around the world right now

Last edited:
Well, she IS the best Queen in the world!! I’m glad that little girl told her, very cute.

EDIT just checked and there are only two proper Queens of the world - Elizabeth II and Queen Margrethe II of Denmark. The others are ‘just’ Queens by marriage. I’m sure Margrethe is lovely, but I reckon ours just nudges the Best Queen title!

13 queens who are reigning around the world right now

Although my people left the British Isles quite some time ago, I love your Monarch! HRH Elizabeth is such a good example, in so many areas.

What could say "girl power" more than the scepter, orb, and Crown???

upload_2019-10-12_5-51-0.jpeg

Everyone should feel as comfortable talking about their mental health as they do talking about football in the pub.

:rolleyes: "Prince William has joined football fans to watch #CZEENG and discuss the importance of encouraging more people to start a conversation"

:D I think this is maybe pushing it a bit far?
TALKING :eek:+ watching Football in the PUB?!

I'd see this going down about as well as talking about 'shopping' ;)
giphy.gif

Queen Mary looked like a formidable character. Wasn't she due to marry the future King but then he died, so she married his brother and still became Queen?
Yes - Well Done!
:p

Queen Vic had a rather soft spot for the young Princess Mary of Teck by all accounts :)

Princess Mary of Teck had been betrothed in December 1891 to Prince Albert Victor, Duke of Clarence and Avondale, eldest son of the Prince and Princess of Wales.
e9a305f18eeb922db13af5d9c55ab2e3.jpg

Engagement postcard Prince Albert Victor, Duke of Clarence & Avondale to Princess Victoria Mary of Teck
- 21 December 1891 -

Prince Albert died suddenly of pneumonia on January 14, 1892 at the Norfolk home of the Prince and Princess of Wales.

Queen Victoria was very concerned about the line of succession and was also very fond of Princess Mary. As a result, she strongly encouraged her grandson, George, to marry his deceased brother’s former fiancé.

Despite the death of the young Prince Albert Victor, Duke of Clarence, Queen Victoria continued to favour the choice of Princess Mary “May” of Teck as a bride for one of her Wales grandsons, commenting approvingly that she was;

"I think she is a superior girl - quiet & reserved till you know her very well, - but she is the reverse of oberflächlich. ;) She has no frivolous tastes, has been very carefully brought up & is well informed and always occupied...with such good manners which in the present day not too frequent..."​
- Queen Victoria on the future Queen Mary of the United Kingdom
He and Princess Mary comforted each other in their grief, and in May 1893 Prince George, recently created the Duke of York, proposed...
King-George-V-Princess-Mary-Teck.jpg
After a period of mourning, Princess Mary of Teck became engaged in May 1893 to Prince George, her erstwhile fiancé’s younger brother...
Public sympathy for Mary after the death of Prince Albert Victor was transformed to delight, as plans for the marriage to Prince George were announced.
The_marriage_of_TRH_the_Duke_and_Duchess_of_York.jpg

Wedding of The Duke and Duchess of York
Chapel Royal, St. James Palace 6th July 1893

5de6a603374d7d4099b4a8a3cd2ef35f.jpg

Prince George (later King George V) & Princess Mary of Teck

Looking back at the wedding of George V and Queen Mary

:rolleyes: "Prince William has joined football fans to watch #CZEENG and discuss the importance of encouraging more people to start a conversation"

:D I think this is maybe pushing it a bit far?
TALKING :eek:+ watching Football in the PUB?!

I'd see this going down about as well as talking about 'shopping' ;)
giphy.gif
People don’t mind talking about their knee replacement in the pub or their carpal tunnel operation or their triple by pass.

That is the point. There should be no shame in it

People don’t mind talking about their knee replacement in the pub or their carpal tunnel operation or their triple by pass.

That is the point. There should be no shame in it
Not when they're watching the England game! :D

"Prince William has joined football fans to watch #CZEENG..."

Czech Republic v England

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors