The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle arrive at a discussion over gender equality in an electric car after they were accused of hypocrisy for use of private jets

“Fifty-five per cent of Britons believe the Duchess of Sussex has been good for the Royal Family, while 45% disagree, according to a survey for Tatler magazine.

Meanwhile, the society bible's survey of 2,016 British adults also found 39% said they thought Meghan was hypocritical on environmental issues - and 44% said they prefer the Duchess of Cambridge.”

Meghan Markle poll reveals 55% of the public think she is good for the Royal Family | Daily Mail Online
Tatler Magazine is a huge accolyte of Markle.

They have her as their anniversary cover. Hardly a balanced poll.

The December issue celebrates 310 years of Tatler | Tatler

Meghan Markle recorded a secret voice message to a fan who has been bravely battling a brain tumour and got her husband Prince Harry to play it to her during an official engagement.

The Duchess of Sussex has been chatting to 14-year-old Aleyna Genc for about two years after the schoolgirl wrote to her saying she had been inspired by one of her speeches.

Meghan sends secret message to fan she's been chatting to for years via Harry

View attachment 208560

This is very kind of the Duchess of Sussex to do.

Dear @gregjrichards,

Thank you for sharing this!

It makes me wonder how many kind and thoughtful gestures Meghan Markle has done for others that hasn't shown up in the news.

In my view, the Duchess of Sussex has helped Prince Harry with processing so much of his pain from the loss of his mother. He has stated that he has "pushed" this pain down and we all know that isn't healthy.

His experience in Africa, even visiting where Princess Diana had, must have opened a flood of memories, likely overwhelming memories. It is evident to me that this affected him tremendously and he has said this.

Meghan's display of vulnerability is refreshing and empowering.

It is so important for people to see that there are struggles we all have in common, in all walks of life, whether we are living paycheck to paycheck or wealthy - even beyond the imagination!

It's all a part of being human. The painful times along with the joyful times. It is, well, life.

Their interview reminded me of talks by Brene Brown on the subject of vulnerability.

Brene Brown is quoted as saying, "Vulnerability is defined as “uncertainty, risk and emotional exposure. If we want greater clarity in our purpose or deeper or meaningful spiritual lives, vulnerability is the path."

Choosing to be candid and show their vulnerability is courageous (as it is for everyone) and it couldn't have been easy for them.

I applaud them for this and wish them all the best in their journey of life.

Last edited:
Dear @gregjrichards,

Thank you for sharing this!

It makes me wonder how many kind and thoughtful gestures Meghan Markle has done for others that hasn't shown up in the news.

In my view, the Duchess of Sussex has helped Prince Harry with processing so much of his pain from the loss of his mother. He has stated that he has "pushed" this pain down and we all know that isn't healthy.

His experience in Africa, even visiting where Princess Diana had, must have opened a flood of memories, likely overwhelming memories. It is evident to me that this affected him tremendously and he has said this.

Meghan's display of vulnerability is refreshing and empowering.

It is so important for people to see that there are struggles we all have in common, in all walks of life, whether we are living paycheck to paycheck or wealthy - even beyond the imagination!

It's all a part of being human. The painful times along with the joyful times. It is, well, life.

Their interview reminded me of talks by Brene Brown on the subject of vulnerability.

Brene Brown is quoted as saying, "Vulnerability is defined as “uncertainty, risk and emotional exposure. If we want greater clarity in our purpose or deeper or meaningful spiritual lives, vulnerability is the path."

Choosing to be candid and show their vulnerability is courageous (as it is for everyone) and it couldn't have been easy for them.

I applaud them for this and wish them all the best in their journey of life.

Assuming the supposed vulnerability is legimate, I don't think showing it to millions of people who pay for your ridiculously lavish lifestyle is "the path" or "courageous." To the contrary, it's mighty self-centered if the purpose is to seek deeper meaning in their own lives. But I doubt that, too. Not a big fan of navel gazing, in general. #stiffupperlip :)

Curly-Updo-Hairstyles.jpg

Anyone able to photoshop a tiara into these hairstyles???

Googled "natural hair updo" and selected this pair of images:

25 + Curly Updo Hairstyles - Flaunt Your Curls and Create a New Style

(AFAWK, the hair processing continued during the pregnancy. Not my circus, but vegan paint and that???)

JMHO YMMV

HRH Anne, the Princess Royal, goes about quietly doing her job:

Princess makes whistle-stop tour of Isle of Man

_109408620_markethall_3__ds15405.jpg

Image from linked article.

Little press, little fanfare off the Isle of Mann.

Each & every time I Google for either Sophie, Countess of Wessex; HRH Anne; or both, these women have represented the BRF publicly in this style. Focus on the event and local people.

Focus on the local people.

JMHO YMMV LRR

This picture is so uncomfortable. This poor woman is mid-curtsy when she's mauled by Meghan, squashing her face into her cleavage. It's so undignified.

I don't like the way she seems to constantly belittle Harry in public. He's "gate crashing" and he has been championing women's right but "his voice has never been heard." It appears to be in jest and I know there is only so much you can tell about their relationship from afar but I don't like their dynamic. I know lots of people disagree but it makes me uncomfortable. He is very thin, he doesn't look at all well or happy.
He does look VERY thin and rumpled.

I wondered if PH is so 'fragile' that she didn't want to leave him home alone that day.
Maybe he's more depressed than we realize.
It seems an odd type get together to drag your
husband to and I'm surprised that he even wanted to attend with her.

I wondered if PH is so 'fragile' that she didn't want to leave him home alone that day.
Maybe he's more depressed than we realize.
It seems an odd type get together to drag your
husband to and I'm surprised that he even wanted to attend with her.

Especially odd given what he said in the documentary about the press, if it had been an event without press then it would have been a bit more understandable.
I'm really concerned for him, I feel like hes on the verge of a breakdown or something, wish they would start the 6 week break now or even a longer or more permanent break

I think he is a gentle rebel.
He presents as -a sensitive- in an abrasive (tabloids) & controling(Royal life)situation.
Throwing in the probability he wishes his mother were alive to talk to about it all.

MOO
I like PH. H and his brother endured a lot of pain in their childhood. I just personally feel he made a mistake marrying M

I think Meghan looks better in prints than solid colors.

Yes, I think so too. She wore some really nice dresses in Africa I thought. Also, the pencil skirt paired with the sweater is not that flattering.

She needs serious hair do help. Imo. The stringy Michael Jackson hair in the front that she can’t stop fussing with, pushing out of the way is distracting and does her no favors. It is not a polished look.

I wonder if she realizes her vegan leather skirt made out of plastic will never biodegrade? And micro plastics in the environment is one of the gravest ecological concerns.

Eco friendly leather is in its infancy but it’s a good direction at least.

Why Typical Vegan Leather Isn’t Eco-Friendly
Finally! An Eco-Friendly Vegan Leather Exists and You Can Buy It! - Ecocult

I’m not a fan of leather either, but because of its value at least real leather either lasts a lifetime or always gets resold and lives a few more lifetimes.

Jmo

I think M looks nice in that reddish maroon top. The almost matching tonal look is whatever, doesn’t look bad The sleeveless tan shirt dress is meh.
Watched some of the doc, only because there was supposed to be some Archie
Footage but I didn’t see anything new,unless I missed it

I think PH has concerns about the safety/security of his family (causing additional stress). Maybe due to specific threats BIG MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member