Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me that on first glance thought they were all dressed as Santa? :D
What on earth is going on there? Seems a bit overkill considering the absolute shitshow going on in British politics at the moment.
queens-speech-4_2556872b.jpg

source.gif

Wow, did not realise how high Kate's shoes were for walking down the stairs from the plane last night!
... but I suppose she must have amazing confidence in her heel walking ability by now
:) Practice makes perfect or so they say...

Even royals can’t avoid the risks that come with wearing high heels!

catherine-101.jpg
catherine-111.jpg

People

Kate Middleton Got Her Heel Stuck in a Grate—We Can So Relate

Probably shouldn't say this about our future Queen, but my god what a BABE!! She's just gorgeous.

PS if I wore heels like that, not only would I be walking like Aveline from Bread (showing my age!) but I'd almost certainly end up in A&E with a snapped ankle.

I agree, Kate has always been gorgeous. As time has passed she’s hit her stride in confidence. It’s something that comes through naturally.

Those sky high heels in the aqua outfit do take practice. What I worry about with stilettos are all the cobblestone streets in so many European and ancient cities. A calamity waiting to happen. And, you can see the difference in how at ease Princess Di was in her flats.

Kate’s royal blue outfit is really exquisite. And the sensible heels actually look so much better.

...HRH Anne, and her daughter Zara Phillips Tindall, have both been voted Britain's Sports Personality of the Year!
...HRH Anne credits the horse:D
This award, I must point out, is voted for by the British public so it is significant as to their popularity with the general, T.V. watching, population & particularly with Brit sports fans. :)

Sports Personality of the Year is an award given to the sportsperson who the public believe has achieved the most that year, according to a vote.

Dating back to 1954, it is a chance to celebrate the achievements of British athletes each year.

Anne was awarded this honour the same year she won the European Eventing Championship.

:eek:She even beat George Best into second place, a man who is considered one of the greatest football players of all time.
_48706905_sports_1971_bbc.jpg

Anne winning Sports Personality of the Year 1971
:D"Know what I mean, 'arry?"

Asked about her BBC Sports Personality of the Year win in 1971, she insisted it was her horse who was ultimately responsible for this achievement.

The interviewer said: “At least your horse and you got you to be Sports Personality of the Year.”

She laughed and said: “Well, mostly the horse in that respect!”

Asked whether the experience was bizarre, she said: “That was quite bizarre yes, you’re quite right.

“Because not having really come across it at all before – it was a bit of a mystery.”

Doublet.jpg

Anne won the European Eventing Championship 1971
:rolleyes: As the article still fails to mention it her horse was Doublet
After winning the World Eventing Championships in 2006, Zara was also voted to be Sports Personality of the Year

zara-phillips-toytown-t.jpg

Zara won the World Eventing Championship in 2006
:cool: Zara's horse was Toytown
According to her mother, this was entirely unexpected for the Royal Family.

However, she claimed she only watched the end of the TV programme, saying: “It all got rather too long-winded for me.”:p

_42337253_zarawinpa300.jpg

Zara won Sports Personality of the Year 2006
Zara said: “No, I don’t think she [voted] and she won’t have watched the whole show because she won’t have sat down for that long.”

Zara joked: “Tim probably told her what was going on.” :D

:) Practice makes perfect or so they say...

Even royals can’t avoid the risks that come with wearing high heels!

catherine-101.jpg
catherine-111.jpg

People

Kate Middleton Got Her Heel Stuck in a Grate—We Can So Relate

Well, she is definitely much more elegant about it than I am. This happened to me on my lunch break a while ago. My shoe remained in the grate, I stepped out of it and straight into a puddle while turning the air blue! I'll have to remember try and Be More Kate in future. She is so graceful, she was born for this.

Kate looks great in the blue outfit and the green coat. I love that color of blue. The Queen's outfit, the light gray with the pink trim looks so nice. As always Kate's hair is perfect. To have perfect hair, ahhh.

ETA, Camilla looks nice in the light blue too.

Those shoes look like a nice variation on Capezio dancing shoes. Very stylish and practical looking.
She looks great
Glad to see something other than a spike heel lol I could actually walk in those other shoes
I agree with previous posts that the first outfit (deplaning pics) looked a little off- too long /not enough pant showing imo and the shoes :p
But the color is gorgeous
Glad it wasn’t just me that noticed My style sense is very hit or miss

ETA just saw the post about Kate’s heel. I would break at least one leg. And maybe an arm when I’d fall

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member