The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

No baby yet, then! Prince Harry shares a joke with sister-in-law Kate as he makes surprise appearance at Anzac Day service at Westminster Abbey ahead of birth of his first child

They seem to be getting along ok here.

Kate and Harry seem to have a really good relationship, they always have, loads of pics of them giggling together. I think the boys (should call them men, really!) can both be a bit petulant and it's entirely possible there have been words between them, but Kate will be able to help smooth over any problems.

We need a nice pic of the four of them plus the four kids, asap please.

PS I feel like this has been the longest pregnancy ever. Yawn.

I am not sure if that would make her more or less popular. But it is a huge lack of respect to the United States.

I hope she doesn't 'skip' meeting the President during a State Visit as I agree it's disrespectful.
Politics shouldn't come into it at all, this is part of the Royals duties, representing the country.
As an American member of the royal family I'm not sure she'd be doing herself any favours with people here or in the U.S.

... Tabloids like the Daily Mail, who I think have been the worst of our lot, have totally destroyed any chance of a decent relationship with Harry & Meghan these last few months. I really am disgusted.

I can quite honestly say the supposed hatred the media seem to have for Megan is NOT how most of us mere peasants here feel!
I've not heard anyone in real life talk about her in this way whatsoever, so I really hope she doesn't take this to heart.
She needs to ignore it, not react or respond in any way & just be the 'girl' Harry fell in love with.

I can quite honestly say the supposed hatred the media seem to have for Megan is NOT how most of us mere peasants here feel!
I've not heard anyone in real life talk about her in this way whatsoever, so I really hope she doesn't take this to heart.
She needs to ignore it, not react or respond in any way & just be the 'girl' Harry fell in love with.

That’s so nice to hear. I too have heard the same when people in the crowds are interviewed.

I hope she doesn't 'skip' meeting the President during a State Visit as I agree it's disrespectful.
Politics shouldn't come into it at all, this is part of the Royals duties, representing the country.
As an American member of the royal family I'm not sure she'd be doing herself any favours with people here or in the U.S.

No doubt Queen Elizabeth is well aware of the dynamics. Maybe even scheduled the state visit so Meghan would have an out. And we hope but don’t know if she’ll have an easy birth.

What’s cool about it is that the visit is to reaffirm our two countries “ special relationship”. And, that neutrality is like a safe zone. BRF knows how to do it which is so impressive to me.

Meghan could attend and know there will probably be throngs of protesters out in the streets! I have to say the Brits really know how to do that, too. Last time, there were enormous crowds, and the most creative signs, ever.

Plus, it’s not the first time the BRF has hosted a controversial leader for a state visit.

I bet it is an extreme culture shock to go from nobody really caring what you do to everyone looking at you through a microscope.

I feel like Meghan brought some of these problems on herself - the super over indulgence in clothing. 90K for that disastrous white dress she wore a few weeks ago.
To me that is really flaunting -hey, I have endless funds.
The Baby Shower should have been kept under wraps.
Remember last Summer she was able to go to Canada and back with very little press coverage.
The hair, get a decent hair cut that works with your hair. It always looks dirty, greasy and sloppy. Of course the holding hands thing has gotten so darn old.

She just needs to keep showing everyone how she has endless funds. There are plenty of people in this world that have almost endless funds and they don't flaunt it in your face.

What is this work that Harry and Meghan do - this charity work??? I think I have missed it. I believe in Charity work but showing up for 30 minutes to shake hands - is not charity work. Are they spending 8 hours on a Holiday in a Soup kitchen - that is charity work.

Off my soapbox.
I posted work Meghan had done prior to even meeting Harry pages back. Harry spent quite a length of time in Africa and I doubt they were just photo opts.

Harry and Meghan: Newest royal baby could be an American

London – What would the founding fathers think? Almost 250 years after the United States launched a revolution to rid itself of the British royal family, the next royal baby could be an American.

The idea that a scion of the former colonies would be seventh in line to succeed Queen Elizabeth II to the throne could change the royal family from within – and help extend a surge in popularity for the monarchy.

The child of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex – Meghan Markle became a duchess when she wed Prince Harry a year ago – is due very soon.

Baby Sussex, as the child is known ahead of its birth, will be a product of two cultures: its father a prince who is a symbol of Britain; its mother quintessentially American – a self-made TV star with a white father and an African-American mother...

Why should Meghan be expected to come out of maternity leave to attend a State dinner simply because it's the POTUS? I don't believe Kate was ever expected to attend anything during her mat leave???

Agreed! If she is on maternity leave, she does not have to meet anyone. Her 'job' at that point is to focus on herself, the baby and Harry. It doesn't matter who the Queen is meeting, Meghan is off duty.

Does anyone expect Phil to come out of retirement? Nope.

Agreed! If she is on maternity leave, she does not have to meet anyone. Her 'job' at that point is to focus on herself, the baby and Harry. It doesn't matter who the Queen is meeting, Meghan is off duty.

Does anyone expect Phil to come out of retirement? Nope.

Phil and Donald - now that's a meeting I'd like to see!!

The Royal Family have to remain neutral in world politics, and will remain polite and professional regardless of any personal opinion. There is no way Britain wants a fall out with America even when things are tough politically on both sides.

Anyways, I think we do a bloody good job of international relations right here, on Websleuths. Awww. :)

I'd also like to confirm I do not believe the press vilification of Meghan represents the thoughts of most British people, at all. I've never heard a bad thing said about her in real life, people I know couldn't care less where she has come from or what she's done before. Harry is a bit of a favourite so I think the general mood is "if he's happy, we're happy". She best not start doing entitled, demanding or smug though; we don't like very that much.

Phil and Donald - now that's a meeting I'd like to see!!

The Royal Family have to remain neutral in world politics, and will remain polite and professional regardless of any personal opinion. There is no way Britain wants a fall out with America even when things are tough politically on both sides.

Anyways, I think we do a bloody good job of international relations right here, on Websleuths. Awww. :)

Wasn't it one of her family members that leaked something that Harry said about President Trump? I'm sure that's going to be coming out in the next few days on The Daily Mail, pffft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018