The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read an article about tiaras & royal jewels that referred to Queen Mary as a magpie!
I'm pretty good at The Stern Look.:cool:
:D
THE TOP TEN: QUEEN MARY'S JEWELS

Time for another journey back into the mists of royal history, magpies!
There are royal jewels, and then there are royal jewels from the collection of Mary of Teck.
Queen Mary had a keen eye for brilliance when it came to augmenting and culling her jewelry collection.
Here are ten of my favorite pieces from her collection...

961cd9bbb8e638f9f727d5bdc3e479f2.jpg
The Vladimir Tiara: A classic tiara from the Romanov imperial court,

2017-0529-delhinecklace.png
The Delhi Durbar Necklace: After Queen Mary recovered the Cambridge emeralds from her brother's mistress, Lady Kilmorey - much more on that debacle over here -
:confused:Dunno? Haven't had chance yet, but you bet I'm gonna :p
she had nine of the stones set with diamonds in a fascinating new necklace made of platinum and gold...

o_O "The Stern Look"
article-2123012-0B4F1EA500000578-443_634x540.jpg

Christening of Princess Anne - 1950

the-christening-of-princess-anne-at-buckingham-palace-shown-are-of-picture-id613463792
;) That look on the Queens face...lol

The Top Ten: Queen Mary's Jewels | The Court Jeweller

sanctimony-6.gif

WOW...
.:D
91458968-king-emoji-isolated-on-white-background-emoticon-wearing-crown-3d-rendering.jpg

The Crown of Princess Blanche, also called the Palatine Crown or Bohemian Crown, is the oldest surviving royal crown known to have been in England, and probably dates to 1370–80.
800px-Schatzkammer_Residenz_Muenchen_crown_of_an_english_queen_1370.jpg

:eek:The Crown of Princess Blanche, kept at Munich Residenz)
It is made of gold with diamonds, rubies, emeralds, sapphires, enamel and pearls.
Its height and diameter are both 18 centimetres (7.1 in).

Schatzkammer_Residenz_München_06_%28cropped%29_%28cropped%29.JPG

:cool:Detail of two hexagons mounted on the base with alternating arrangements of jewels and pearls
The crown has been a property of the House of Wittelsbach since 1402, when it came with Princess Blanche of England, daughter of King Henry IV of England, on her marriage to Louis III,

;)
Me thinks the 'artist'?? kinda missed a bit of detail in that ^ pic

View attachment 195087

Rumours that the Duchess of Cambridge had 'baby Botox' after welcoming Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis have been strongly denied.

Kensington Palace sources denied claims made by a plastic surgeon on social media that the mum-of-three had the procedure after giving birth.

Palace 'categorically denies' plastic surgeon's post about Kate's post-baby face

Wow I have never seen Kensington Palace come out with such a strong denial to something like this before.

I didn't read the article because it's a pain to open on my device, but there was a point where it did look like Kate had some light work done to her face. Of course we have no proof, but she was looking different and the crows feet seemed to have disappeared. Regardless, she is beautiful, dresses great, and presents herself well during her official duties. Thank goodness!

Pictures below. Hard to believe QE2 is 5 months pregnant in this picture, and bonus, she is wearing pants.
upload_2019-7-26_17-27-20.png
Source for pictures: babygaga .com
upload_2019-7-26_17-28-44.png
9 months pregnant in this picture from 1950.

upload_2019-7-26_17-29-21.png
And she's finished.

Harry and Meghan's Frogmore House neighbours are issued with 'dos and don'ts list' to which bans them from talking to royals, asking to see Archie or petting their dogs

Harry and Meghan ban neighbours from talking to royals, asking to see Archie or petting their dogs | Daily Mail Online

I feel like doing the same with my neighbours and seeing how it goes.
I

I haven't read the article yet but just reading the headline it sounds like a list of things people have already done so they are saying no more...... I should go read the article now. LOL

Edited to add:
The story says they didn't do anything of the sort. A source says "a well intentioned" member of the estate staff offered this guidance. The palace and their household knew nothing of this meeting or the instructions given.

Last edited:
F347688F-FD22-4D97-8745-37C8D3DDC0EE.jpeg

Already heralded as a fashion icon, the Duchess of Sussex is the surprise guest editor of Vogue for its bumper September issue, I can reveal.

The controversial appointment will see Meghan devote sections of the magazine — known as the 'fashion bible' — to reports on her favourite charities, as well as articles concerning the environment and women's issues close to her heart.

The Duchess's one-off editing gig has been a closely guarded secret and is a publishing coup for Edward Enninful, the suave editor of British Vogue who tempted Meghan to take up this role.

RICHARD EDEN: Meghan is so in Vogue! Duchess of Sussex will guest edit fashion bible | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Harry and Meghan's Frogmore House neighbours are issued with 'dos and don'ts list' to which bans them from talking to royals, asking to see Archie or petting their dogs

Harry and Meghan ban neighbours from talking to royals, asking to see Archie or petting their dogs | Daily Mail Online

I feel like doing the same with my neighbours and seeing how it goes.

I am definitely the black sheep neighbor on my street :p I don’t really talk to them and they don’t ask to pet my dog :D

Going back a few pages. I also can rock a “stern” look

I luv the aquamarine tiara !! Those stones :eek: just beautiful

Also still adoring Prince Harry :oops:
Can we expect to see Archie anytime soon?

Meant to quote the castle (or is it a church) pic, just because it’s beautiful

Anyone else attempt to read the Pillars of the Earth (or any of the series) and fail :confused: and I’m a pretty hardcore reader

View attachment 195187

Already heralded as a fashion icon, the Duchess of Sussex is the surprise guest editor of Vogue for its bumper September issue, I can reveal.

The controversial appointment will see Meghan devote sections of the magazine — known as the 'fashion bible' — to reports on her favourite charities, as well as articles concerning the environment and women's issues close to her heart.

The Duchess's one-off editing gig has been a closely guarded secret and is a publishing coup for Edward Enninful, the suave editor of British Vogue who tempted Meghan to take up this role.

RICHARD EDEN: Meghan is so in Vogue! Duchess of Sussex will guest edit fashion bible | Daily Mail Online

This is pathetic. She is not a fashion icon, trend setter, or anything of that sort. I would be more interested in reading first person accounts from Kate, Sophie, and Princess Anne about what is was and is like trying to juggle royal duties with parenting and protecting their privacy. It would also be great to read about things that make them relateable such as potty training, what their kids were fussy eaters about, their embarrassing public moments, what their Easter and Christmas is like, and their favourite vacation moments (e.g. mountain climbing, hunting, sailing, etc.). What novels have they read lately.
Things like that.

Kate Middleton's shoe getting stuck
article-2294733-18BBF92C000005DC-712_634x740.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Prince-William-Prince-George-and-Kate-Middleton-arrive-at-Wellington-Airport.jpg

Royal-naughty-moments-from-Prince-Harry-to-Prince-George-and-Princess-Charlotte-Photo-C-GETTY-IMAGES-14.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like they had fun.

Few people would ever associate the British royal family with BBC America's car show Top Gear, but it looks like that's about to change as Zara and Mike Tindall take the wheel in a hilarious TV appearance.
Zara and Mike Tindall make hilarious Top Gear appearance

Attachments

• 8CF047C6-8A7F-4DEC-A0B4-099990EB50A2.jpeg
    8CF047C6-8A7F-4DEC-A0B4-099990EB50A2.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 14
3D6EBEE9-B240-457B-9225-3E60940A0278.jpeg

The Queen looked relaxed as she headed to church on the first Sunday of her summer break.

The Monarch, 93, is in Balmoral, Scotland, and braved the chilly breeze in order to attend a church service in nearby Crathie Kirk this Sunday.

Wearing a turquoise blue coat over a colourful dress, the queen looked chic as she matched the outfit with a hat of the same colour, with a brown feather adorning it.

The Queen looks chic in turquoise as she makes her way to church service in Scotland | Daily Mail Online

I copied this from Sherwood Park above. I love the look, even with Kate’s skirt being blown about! She looks beautiful as always and I really think the red is striking on her. She wears her clothes so well and always looks impeccable.

Attachments

• B9692AB9-C6F7-4F48-B4C4-927A9FB8C9FF.jpeg
    B9692AB9-C6F7-4F48-B4C4-927A9FB8C9FF.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics