The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO, since Archie doesn’t have a Royal title, Meghan is not about to honor her niece and nephews in wishing them a Happy Birthda by using their titles.

It is Harry who doesn’t want the title. Meghan would give everything for her child to have a title. Guess Meghan lost on this battle as we all know how strongly Harry detests his title.

Therefore, Meghan will not let William’s children outshine her child if she has any sayso in the matter.

My opinions only.

Sophie, Countess of Wessex has over £1 million worth of royal tiaras - where are they now?

I couldn’t not post a tiara :D news story for @Keine Engel
images

Wine Alert!
(Ooops :D )

1816290wc8jb9ec7q.gif

Tiara Alert!

:rolleyes: I'm quite sure Sophie is fully aware "where they are now"
What is the point of that question? :confused:
Do they think she's forgotten, lost, hocked 'em? :D
- Oh boy where to begin...LOL -
Anyway Sophie has only really been seen wearing 3 <?> different tiaras

Her Wedding Tiara
Sophie+Wessex+Wedding+Tiara+Close+Up.jpg
- This was a wedding gift from Her Majesty & Prince Philip

The Five Aquamarine Tiara ( or Canadian Aquamarine Tiara :p
5e346d4a1e9ccb68598ce9bef6d2edfe.jpg
- This actually belongs to the Queen & 'assumed' to be a long term loan.​

The Wessex Aquamarine Necklace Tiara
2017-0325-aqua1.png

-
This one's a bit of a mystery but it's only recently appeared. It's a 'modern' design so it seems most possibly new & belongs to Sophie herself (as part of her own personal jewellery collection)

With this in mind to say what the value of the tiaras would be in £'s would be rather difficult :cool:

For the two Aquamarine Tiaras the value of the stones themselves...well now that's a different matter ;)

...And it appears the Countess, who is said to be the Queen’s ‘favourite’, has a jewel she favours most.

The blonde appears to enjoy wearing huge aquamarine stones...

Sophie has two tiaras with the stones worth £1.5m.

Ailsa said: “Aquamarines, like emeralds, are a colour scale of the mined gem stone called beryl. Emeralds are green to blue beryls and aquamarines are blue to green beryls...

“This tiara is assumed to be on permanent loan to the Countess from the Queen, and as a royal favourite, it would possible for this tiara to reach £1 million on the open market today.”
I think it's safe to say the article is somewhat ... incorrect :eek:

To be cont'd

The Court Jeweller: United Kingdom (Main Line)
Sophie, Countess of Wessex’s £1.5 MILLION aquamarine tiaras revealed - The Texas Post

Some people are never happy. Why do people complain about anything and everything nowadays? Thank goodness I’m not in the public eye having everything I do scrutinised, praised and moaned about I would get fed up with it all and end up a recluse on an Island somewhere.

People just love being offended by anything and everything, you can't win!

53003727_582809282198191_6612101593846251520_n.png

"See the treasured mementos of Australia Prince Charles selected to show The Weekly's Juliet Rieden, when she was invited behind the gates of Clarence House for a private tour."

Some beautiful photos of Clarence House in this article from The Australian Womens Weekly. The little slippers given to Queen Elizabeth as a toddler are just gorgeous.
EXCLUSIVE: Never-before-seen photos inside Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla’s home

Attachments

• 1563761886247_WW0819p000-COVweb.jpg
    1563761886247_WW0819p000-COVweb.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 1563764711058_J2437DF-638.jpg
    1563764711058_J2437DF-638.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 17
"See the treasured mementos of Australia Prince Charles selected to show The Weekly's Juliet Rieden, when she was invited behind the gates of Clarence House for a private tour."

Some beautiful photos of Clarence House in this article from The Australian Womens Weekly. The little slippers given to Queen Elizabeth as a toddler are just gorgeous.
EXCLUSIVE: Never-before-seen photos inside Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla’s home

What a warm and beautiful home! I love those little slippers.

Well folks, I believe it's officially the second hottest day since records began in the UK. Hoping the Queen has got out of London and way up north by now.

I LOVE sunshine, I love heat, but it's so much nicer with aircon and a swimming pool!

To be cont'd...:D
1816290wc8jb9ec7q.gif

Tiara Alert!
A bit more detail on the 'Aquamarine' tiaras worn by Sophie :cool:
- I love the colour of these stones ;)

The Five Aquamarine Tiara
or Canadian Aquamarine Tiara :p

5e346d4a1e9ccb68598ce9bef6d2edfe.jpg
This tiara, composed of five aquamarines set in a ribbon-like diamond surround, was worn once by the Queen during a 1970 trip to Canada before it disappeared back into the vault.:eek:
DW6rgCJVMAA-fAd.jpg

-It's also known as the Canadian Aquamarine Tiara, as the queen wore it on a state visit to Canada in 1970-:p
20190725_194032-jpg.194887
...Some suspected it had been broken up, but it was proven to be intact when it reappeared on the Countess of Wessex. Chances are it is a loan to the Countess,
f35716ba4b1ee20e23e3f58c79cf665c.jpg
The provenance of Sophie’s tiara remains a mystery.

...Maybe it has something to do with Canada (given the Queen’s initial outing), maybe it was a gift or inheritance from elsewhere, maybe it was one of Queen Mary’s treasures. A mystery.:D

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Five Aquamarine Tiara
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Five Aquamarine Tiara

Attachments

• 20190725_194032.jpg
    20190725_194032.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Well folks, I believe it's officially the second hottest day since records began in the UK. Hoping the Queen has got out of London and way up north by now.

I LOVE sunshine, I love heat, but it's so much nicer with aircon and a swimming pool!
I'm way up but still in England - on the North-East coast ...:D
tenor.gif

Nice! You on holiday, I had you down as a NW'er? Hope you've got a nice coastal breeze, it's still sweltering here (near Leeds)
:D No I live here...
Pretty close to the coast but not feeling much of that breeze today
Whitby-199-stairs-gothic-abbey-under-a-full-moon-01.jpg
Not exactly where I live but this is right on the edge of the coast-line not far from me ^ ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earworm